As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Aion] Is Now Completely Free To Play. 3.0 Is Now Live.

• Options
    TornelcoTornelco ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So, I went ahead and made an Elyos mage on Vaizel. Name is Shayes, but as I'm not 10 yet I apparently cant do anything.

Edit: So how come on the trial account I was getting piles (100 to be exact) of free potions and bandages and crap every level and now I'm getting nothing?

Tornelco on
  • Options
    spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    The free stuff system is really cool. In the 20s, I got an entire set of Rank 8 armor (3 pieces at one level, the rest at another level) and an awesome gold-named sword that I've been using ever since because everything I've gotten as drops of quest rewards hasn't been better. I like the pet system also, how some of them gather for you, or act as a mobile backpack, or give you items. The XP thing sounds funny, but like you said, you've got all kinds of XP bonus things going on, so you're probably getting double XP for each kill or something.

spookymuffin on
    PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • Options
    LepLep Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Soo my sorcerer had all the money and equipment stripped off of her and I can't figure out how to rename her. Guess its time to start fresh.

Lep on
  • Options
    EnderEnder Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Hmmm...I still have this game installed, maybe I should check it out again.

Ender on
  • Options
    MorvidusMorvidus Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I haven't played Aion since WotLK came out, but I wanted to give it another shot.

Unofortunately, account permanently blocked? I'd expect this from Trion, but I never had any problems from NCSoft in my many years of CoX...

Morvidus on
  • Options
    Hunter_KillersHunter_Killers Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    That means someone got into your account and you need to contact support.

Hunter_Killers on
    4efe575fea51ec35.png
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Yeah just contact ncsoft. They were quick and responsive with me when I got my account hacked due to Aion; and being linked to my master account everything was locked out at the time. But I just provided my keys and got my account back. It hadn't been blocked though, ti was still active; just hacked. Still, I'm sure they can verify the difference in activity and give you your account back.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    darklite_xdarklite_x I'm not an r-tard... Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Awww man, I had some good names reserved on Yustiel, but now I've lost all of them because of the server merges. Booo-urns.

EDIT: Anyone know how to change the autonamed character I got? Also...I am sooooo lost. Haven't played in about two years.

darklite_x on
    Steam ID: darklite_x Xbox Gamertag: Darklite 37 PSN:Rage_Kage_37 Battle.Net:darklite#2197
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I think it was an item in the mail, I'm having fun with support trying to get the 10 days going on my account still.

Hunter_Killers on
    4efe575fea51ec35.png
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    So Sorcerer or Spirit master? I already got a spirit master up to the mid 20s last time I played, and am not sure I want to do it again.

But at the same time, I love my pokemon spirits

Tornelco on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    darklite_x wrote: »
    Awww man, I had some good names reserved on Yustiel, but now I've lost all of them because of the server merges. Booo-urns.

EDIT: Anyone know how to change the autonamed character I got? Also...I am sooooo lost. Haven't played in about two years.

You should have recieved a rename card in the mail or via one of the questionnaires. It's entirely possible that they expired or something since that was last summer.

If you've literally got nothing, and it's obvious that your name is a carry over from the merges (it'll have a two letter code at the end of your name designating your server source), you could petition to get a name change.

Plus, keep in mind everybody if you have a character named SomedudeYS; it does not mean that your name is taken now. That was just a blanket move for every character regardless of whether or not anyone else had the name on the merged servers. I got all my names back after the merges.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    darklite_xdarklite_x I'm not an r-tard... Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Hmm, found the card sitting in my inventory. Glad to hear it may be possible to get my names back, but I'm not holding out hope. Unlikely I'll be resubbing after the event, but I will say that it's tempting. Need to get some more play time in.

darklite_x on
    Steam ID: darklite_x Xbox Gamertag: Darklite 37 PSN:Rage_Kage_37 Battle.Net:darklite#2197
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    just go the the aion site, click the my aion button in the center and search the name you want. Easiest way to check availability.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    edited June 2011
    So who's all playing anyway? I kind of figured there'd be a bit more activity with the reactivation and everything starting yesterday.

EDIT: For reference:
    Elyos:
    Kingshand(Templar) - Vaizel
    Elizabethia(Spiritmaster) - Vaizel
    Galedrid(Chanter) - Vaizel

Asmodian:
    Guilty(Gladiator) - Yustiel
    Mayene(Assassin) - Yustiel

I'll probably be on Kingshand, if I'm on anyone; I'm not in any sort of legion or anything on either server. But at this point I have aboiut zero attachment to any character. My Templar is 16, everyone else is 12 or 13. I was gonna probably stick to the Elyos just because I have a lot of kinah from the hacking. However my Gladiator does look pretty badass even though he's 13.

EDIT EDIT: Damn, 50 free Berdin's Amulets just for making an Asmo on Zikel/Siel and getting to level 10....hmmm..

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    edited June 2011
    Well, me and SpookyMuffin are both Elyos on Vaizel.

My only character is Shayes, he has Vyvanse and Gnaeus (I think thats it, to lazy to go back and check the thread though)

So if someone wants to make a list of current players or something so we can attempt some sort of organization?

Tornelco on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I'll be on Vyvanse for the most part since I just hit the lever for Fire Temple. I plan on going through there more than a few times.

spookymuffin on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Ok, back. Apparently I had a 25 Templar on Israphel and a 12 Sorc on Siel. Could have sword one of them were on Vaziel...

Morvidus on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I finally got my account reactivated, 10 days tacked on today. I didn't get anything back on my account after it got compromised last year sometime but not that much of an issue if I'm going over to Vaizel.

Not entirely sure what I will make yet, might start off with a Gladiator again.

Hunter_Killers on
    4efe575fea51ec35.png
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    People are right about Templars. Elyos don't even come near me. I see them pause in the air enough to check me out, then promptly fly away. I survived a ranger and assassin for about 5 minutes after posting their location, and a group of Asmos came in and wiped them out. I still had half my health...

Morvidus on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Templars can't die, but they can't kill. They are the ultimate paradox.

spookymuffin on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I'm on Vaizel now as Rakusu, just hit level 10.

Hunter_Killers on
    4efe575fea51ec35.png
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I stoned for 300 crit and put everything else in HP. I am wrecking people in the Abyss now. I have this ridiculous greatsword fused with another ridiculous greatsword, and while I start fighting someone with sword and board, as soon as I score that knockdown they're eating a Divine Fury Punishment and Shining Slash. Three shotted a Sorcerer, as a mofoing Templar.

Morvidus on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    If anyone is Elyos on Vaizel and is ~16-20 and wants to do the Krall/Tursin group quests, PM me or post here when you want to. The zone is nearly dead most of the time and I'm not sure I want to fight through all the spammers in lfg to find folks for it.

I suppose if you can mentor that'd be nice too. I don't know how that works really.

EDIT: In Verteron.

EDIT EDIT: Also wtf, since when are there solo instances?

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    What level do the solo instances start, anyway?

Skeith on
    aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    grouch993grouch993 Both a man and a numberRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    They introduced solo instances sometime last year, I quit in early April 2010. I remember it wasn't long after I had quit playing.

Updated to latest, renamed my characters from *NK to something not that, and then realized I hadn't played in so long I had no idea what was worth doing or obtaining. Wife and kids were playing a little, but don't think any of us are resubscribing. (Costs enough paying for their CoX subscriptions).

grouch993 on
    Steam Profile Origin grouchiy
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Skeith wrote: »

Looks like the lowest is 18-22, over by the Observatory in Verteron. I'm sure Asmo have their own version that level but I don't know what it is.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    edited June 2011
    I could never get an Asmo past 10. That side of the world doesn't really appeal to me.
    Dirty furbacks!

spookymuffin on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I could never get an Asmo past 10. That side of the world doesn't really appeal to me.
    Dirty furbacks!

Well, I made an asmos character on Zikel just so I could see the other side of the world a bit. I actually think I prefer the furback side of things.

Tornelco on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I kind of prefer the asthetic of the Asmo side too, but all my money is on the wrong side on the wrong server.

However, I was noticing that on my Templar I was making a lot of kinah from quests/trash that I wasn't spending much of due to drops and/or survey rewards filling in the equipment slots. Not having any foundation money might not even matter TBH.

However however, I'm still not totally feeling the game, even though I played for like 5 hours straight last night and had a good time. By "feeling the game" I mean, seeing anything that would cause me to stop paying for WoW (and FFXI) to play. Maybe the higher level stuff is good, but I doubt I'll get a ton higher by the 13th. Maybe though. Certainly not if I shift to asmos. We'll see.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    edited June 2011
    I'll probably be hanging around for a while, I was between games when this started up anyways and I am rather happy with what im seeing. Though whether its as my Elyos character or my Asmos one is still up in the air.

Tornelco on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Oh wow, i just noticed, crafting-wise, they added in patterns for all the "noble" i.e. "crit" ability crafts; at least the lower level ones.

That's really nice. It was not cool trying to rely on totally random crits to get decent gear via crafting. Though, it looks like there are still higher levels of those available; you can get orange quality of the "worthy" qualities; but can't buy those patterns. Makes sense I suppose.

Also, apparently right now there's an xp bonus to crafting and killing, that I was unaware of; I suppose that's why it feels like grinding is so much more efficient than questing. They said on the front page they're extending the xp bonus to the 22nd but it doesn't sound like the reactivation is being extended too however.

I'm a fan of the crafting changes. Since you get xp for crafting, maybe I need to spend a few hours doing that. I want to finish Veteron though and see that solo instance.

Is there a point where you can't do low level quests anymore? I mean, if I just hang onto these group quests until I can solo them; just for my ocd, can I still do them?

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    edited June 2011
    What the hell...

I just got a suspension for sending kinah for RMT! I haven't played since September 2009, and just had my account reactivated 3 days ago. I didn't even have time to make enough kinah to buy all my templar skill books...

Morvidus on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    that's weird. I'd just contact support. Should be able to get it sorted out pretty quickly.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Asmo story: Child of destiny blahblah save the world yada yada Elyos rival boring boring.

Elyos Story: You were once the biggest badass out of all badasses. They called you the 13th Empyreon Lord for god sakes. Time to GET BACK ON THE WAGON.

You can see which one I prefer.

Transporter on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Asmos are blue man-lions. That sealed the deal for me.

Morvidus on
  • Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Asmo story: You're Rocky. Get to training.

Tcheldor on
    League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Two separate tangents

1: Exactly. And levels 1-50 is the training montage played over and over again, except instead of lasting 5 mnutes it lasts MONTHS.

2: Oh god now I want the Asmo story to be EXACTLY Rocky it would be the best thing ever.

Transporter on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Skeith wrote: »

20 ish for the first one, Hamerel, I believe. It's easy as shit.

37 is the next one, Kromede's trial. Apparently, it shits glass and eats nails. I don't no for sure, gonna find out tomorrow!

Transporter on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Mentor system is pretty silly, went from 17 to almost 21 in ~20 minutes with 2 lvl 55's and a 10 in Krall.

Hunter_Killers on
    4efe575fea51ec35.png
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I ran the first solo instance last night and uh...well, it was ok I guess? There was nothing wrong with it, but there was also no real point. I've heard people clamor for solo instances in other MMO's in the past and usually the devs are hesitant to oblige, and no I kind of see why.

Aside from just having a dungeon all to yourself, there was no effective difference between it and your typical quest chain out in the world. There were enemies you could beat, quests that were no different than any other quest, and the occasional "boss" that was barely harder than the normal enemies with somewhat better loot; but still nothing better than what you could normally obtain at the level you could do it.

The kicker is after you're done you get quests to go back in; as if once wasn't enough. Whatever. I'm sure there's some people out there that love it; I just don't get it. Again, it wasn't bad; it was just pointless.

Anyway, the Mentor system is funny and I fully expect it to get nerfed. It's inexplicable why it doesn't seem like it depowers the high level mentors yet allows the lowbies to get full xp. I mean, it made doing all the Krall quests (well, most anyway, have a couple more follow-ups) a breeze last night, aside from the pure time it takes to do things like collect 50 marks and get the apparently ultra-rare food rations to drop....but it also made for a somewhat boring adventure where the goal was to keep up with the mentor and not play as a party and work together for our goals.

I mean, whatever. Those are miserable quests and it was nice to do them faster than I would otherwise; I just think the implementation of the Mentor system is odd. If this were my second or more character leveling, I'd probably welcome it with open arms because man once you get over 20-ish, the grind seems to hit hard. I feel like it took as long to go from 22-23 as it did to get from 16-22. Obviously it didn't, but it still feels like the heavy grind has hit hard, already, and I'm not even half way to the cap.

Anyway, maybe I'll find out in the next zone when I'm done with Verteron; but how the hell do you get the abyss points needed to get the level 25 vendor abyss gear?

The Dude With Herpes on