As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[DnD 4E PbP Recruiting CLOSED] Curse of the Black Pearls

AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriumsPlateau of LengRegistered User regular
edited June 2011 in Critical Failures
Curse of the Black Pearls

A DnD 4E Campaign set in the Lhazaar Principalities of Eberron.

AwesomeSahuaginAttack.jpg
This piece of awesome Eberron art by Wayne Reynolds might be a rather prophetic image.

So this is the recruitment thread for my PbP game Curse of the Black Pearls. Here are the starting details before I get into the delicious nitty gritty.

Starting Level: We start at level 1. I heavily considered paragon tier, but I like to build up to that level of complexity instead of just jumping into it. It also lets me get more of an idea of your characters personalities and tailor the campaign more mechanically by starting from level 1. At the same time I'm not sure what level I'll eventually go towards with this game - it's somewhat of an experiment from me I'll concede.

Allowed Options: Most everything is fine in this game - Eberron is a great setting because it really supports playing almost any kind of character. I have no problem with any whacky races, classes or similar in this game. Noting that like any other campaign I run, I tend to have pretty difficult and dramatic combat encounters (even if they will take a while over PbP!). Bear in mind that character death is always a looming possibility: But don't be afraid to try something if you think it would be awesome/interesting. Just be aware that these two classes on the extremely low end of the power scale like the original Assassin (not the executioner, who is decent people) and the Binder should probably be avoided. Everything else is okay though.

You are allowed an Eberron themed background, or any general background you wish and one of the new themes released in Dragon last month. Bear in mind that I have houseruled some of these themes to work differently: You can read my changes here. My houserules in general are in the OP of either of my maptools game threads. Incidentally you score MAJOR points (see below) for having an animal master theme + parrot. Just saying.

You'll all start at level 1 and have 100 GP in equipment.

With regards to item rarity, you can buy and make common or uncommon items in Eberron. Uncommon items are still hard to obtain though: You cannot buy or readily make more than a handful (1-3) of these easily before the much rarer components required to produce them run out. Otherwise you'll be able to make or buy equipment you want - though you might have to find the right seedy market to buy it.

I would hope for at least 1 post a day in general, except maybe on weekends - especially because on Friday/Saturday US time is when I run my two other games (So I might be rather distracted on those days especially).

Concept: The is a piracy campaign based in the Lhazaar Principalities in Eberron. There will be a great deal of stabbing things, exploring the high seas, avoiding backstabbing pirates and dealing with the various political factions. Due to the nature of the campaign being on the high seas, certain natural consequences mechanically occur from it as well.

1) Expect to get wet. You're on a ship for a good chunk of this game. I heavily recommend having athletics trained. This isn't a deal breaker, but I'm just telling you that it can make your life *really* hard if you aren't trained in it. At the same time the roleplaying possibilities here for someone who cannot swim are immense!

2) Heavy Armor isn't that great in this campaign. Lots of water combined with brutal armor check penalties is a bad combination. If you're not trained in athletics AND wearing heavy armor - oh boy! Noting that it won't always be a detriment, but you can expect that certain encounters will be a lot harder for you in heavy armor! This isn't again a "Pick this and not get into the game" thing, but just a general recommendation so you know what you're getting into first.

3) Underwater combat will get some deserved explanation a little later on, but suffice to say I don't use a true 3D system (as it's a nightmare to do that) but it is *considerably* dangerous even without that. Especially if you didn't believe in training athletics. You did train that though didn't you? Oh yeah, did I mention anywhere you should expect to get wet? Maybe I should have. I will elaborate on the mechanics of how I run combat underwater a bit later.

Recommended Viewing/Reading: Personally I liked Mel Odom's Forgotten Realms Rising Tide trilogy. While it's not the best ever thing in the world, it's good inspiration for a piracy campaign and gives some life to the various sea critters that you might meet (albeit there are quite a few differences in interpretation between Eberron and FR - EG Sahuagin).

The Pirates of the Caribbean movies are also on the recommended viewing list if you haven't watched them already. The absurd stunts, some of their battles, the multiple backstabbings and the Kraken attack are all a solid basis for the feel/theme of this campaign.

Applications: I will be choosing applicants based on a points system and how well they adhere to the general requirements below. Firstly if you need to read up on Eberron, I recommend the Eberron Player's Guide. Failing that, I recommend reading this Eberron Wiki page on the Lhazaar Principalities and particularly this page on the Last War.

This game starts on a merchant ship called the Crimson Wave, which is returning to Regalport and is known to be carrying cargo "important" to Prince Rygar of the Seadragon Principality. For this reason while it is only a standard merchant ship, it is heavily defended and there is quite an air of tension aboard - particularly over rumors of a sinister ancient sarcophagus being a part of the ships cargo.

1) I need some background information in this game, to help me establish the world and figure out how you fit into the plot (potentially). Firstly, What did you do during the last war? Were you a pirate? Did you fight in any nations navy? That sort of concept. Secondly, Why are you in the Lhazaar Principalities?. Thirdly, What is your reason for being aboard the Crimson Wave? You can have any other background details beyond that to your liking. If the game goes long enough, there will be sailing over quite a bit of Eberron - not just the Lhazaar Principalities. So details in other places are not just more flavor, it's directly encouraged.

2) You can be any alignment with the general rule of "Don't be a dick". I would avoid chaotic evil as an alignment in general as I can't see that fitting well into the game. Being morally ambiguous is basically a trait that is inherent to Eberron and solid in a piracy based campaign.

3) The points system. So I mentioned this above, but I'm quite keen for this game to be open to people who seem to fail to get into PbPs regularly or are DMing games but can't play themselves. As such, there is a points system in place, with a couple of obvious bonuses below:

Not playing in any DnD games (PbP, Maptools or IRL) on this forum or elsewhere? +50 points.
DMing a game but not playing in any DnD games? +50 points (got to give some props to my fellow DMs)

So right there you can get a good chunk of points just for being a new player/not having another game currently. Believe me, in this context 50 points is a *lot* and will be a huge advantage. Noting that if you're playing in one of my two maptools games already, sorry to say but I probably will be taking mostly new people. Nothing against the awesome people I do play with currently, but you're already getting some DnD as it is!

Before moving on, this is an important campaign specific thing as it's going to come up often: Underwater Combat.
Underwater Combat

Having learned hard lessons the first time I tried doing these combats, for simplicity there isn't any "true" 3D. This is just a pain to work out, confuses me and confuses the players on a regular basis. Instead I've split a battle underwater into three distinct "planes" instead of using a true 3D movement system for simplicity (and because it just seems to play better).

Surface: This is self explanatory, but this is the surface of the water and usually where things like your boat will be. This area lets you breathe and may be subject to a weather based terrain effect.

Pelagic Zone: This is basically a fancy way of saying the water in between the surface and the sea floor (also not close to the shore either). This is the "middle" zone in any underwater combat and is basically devoid of terrain (but it can posses currents, as an example hazard).

Sea Floor: This is self explanatory, this is the bottom of the ocean!

In addition bear in mind the rules for suffocation and dying while fighting underwater. You won't die terribly fast - as you take damage equal to your level and not your HS value now (which makes this a lot easier to balance). Bear in mind though that any weapon that isn't a spear or crossbow takes a -2 penalty underwater. If you are using a fire keyword attack, that also takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls. A flaming sword will end up with a -4 penalty, so I wouldn't recommend many builds based around fire damage. On the other hand, lightning and thunder based attacks gain bonuses. Lightning attacks deal an additional +2 damage per tier underwater (+2/+4/+6). A burst or blast with the thunder keyword has its burst size increased by 1 underwater. These are additionals house rules on top of the usual penalties, because I felt just having penalties was too punishing while not having any bonuses to certain things didn't make sense. So bear these mechanics in mind!

Time: You will have probably 2 weeks to apply and then I'll spend a few days deciding upon the party. Any questions just throw them into the thread. During the application process I'll endeavor to respond to people builds and such with various suggestions/comments. Otherwise good luck!

Edit: You can submit up to three characters, but they have to be different roles.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
Aegeri on

• MaxFrostMaxFrost Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Seshuna

As you approach the ship, you see a tall dragonborn starting a fire in a contraption on the pier, preparing food for the crew. It's obvious that he isn't a part of the crew, but he seems to enjoy the company, and as the meat begins to char, sailors from all around begin to loiter, waiting for choices pieces to finish cooking so they can buy them and head home. Sailors approach him early in the process to try to guess which pieces they want. You can see a few jars nearby that probably contain some kind of flavored liquid, and sometimes the dragonborn goes over and dips a brush into the jar, pulling out a black syrupy substance that he rubs on the meat before putting it on the fire.

You get closer, and can smell the meat grilling perfectly. He beckons to you in a low guttural voice, "Come friend, come and eat! Freshly butchered this morn, no man can ask for a finer meal after a hard day's work!"

Orders start being handed out, and you see him grab one piece and blast fire all over it from his mouse, in a nice tight stream. Looks like someone wanted his share blackened. He performs some feats of magic, all involving fire, eating it, wrapping his head in a oil cloth and lighting it, throwing flames around in the air. Many laughs rise from the crowd, and a smirk steals to your own lips. This big man is playing the fool, but its clear that everyone here enjoys the entertainment.

Once all the meat is gone, he packs up his portable grill, and heads to wherever he is head. You hear snippets of conversation from the sailors about him, and apparently he's hitchhiked his way from Q'barra. He pays his fair by typically cooking for the crew, and while meat his is specialty, he knows how to prepare many dishes. Seshuna has experienced a lifetime of fighting from defending his comrades from invaders and the jungle itself, and it shows on him. There are massive gashes on his scales in several places on his body, and a particularly nasty one over his snout. They don't bother him though, and for him, it's just another story to tell.

Personality: Seshuna is a bit odd. He speaks as though he's from the countryside, and is renowed among the crew for his cooking. It helps that just about anything he touches starts cooking right away, so he obviously has had plenty of time to experiment. Apparently being able to summon fire anywhere is pretty handy when everything around you is wet or trying to kill you.

Appearance: There are several scars along his arms, neck, and the top of his head where he has had to fend off attackers that were attacking his clan while they were travelling to Q'barra. He stands tall and proud, and his honesty shows clearly through his actions. This one will not be pulling the wool over your eyes. He has been travelling for years, and he adapts to ensure that he can always see new things.

Background: Seshuna escaped to Q'barra with the rest of his clan at the tail end of the Last War, though Seshuna himself was too young to really remember what happened. He grew bored with life in the jungle, so he began travelling along the coastline to see more of the world. Novelty itself is the only reason why his travels have largely gone uneventfully, as seeing dragonborn outside of their clans is rare. He uses his fire magic to perform parlor tricks, and to help keep the world at bay.
    ====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
    Seshuna, level 1
    Dragonborn, Sorcerer
    Build: Dragon Sorcerer
    Spell Source: Dragon Magic
    Dragon Soul: Dragon Soul Fire
    Dragonborn Racial Power: Dragon Breath
    Dragon Breath Key Ability: Dragon Breath Strength
    Dragon Breath Damage Type: Dragon Breath Fire
    Background: Q'barra (+2 to Nature)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
    Str 17, Con 10, Dex 11, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 19.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
    Str 15, Con 10, Dex 11, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 17.

AC: 13 Fort: 13 Reflex: 10 Will: 16
    HP: 22 Surges: 6 Surge Value: 5

TRAINED SKILLS
    Arcana +5, Diplomacy +9, Intimidate +11, Athletics +8

UNTRAINED SKILLS
    Acrobatics, Bluff +4, Dungeoneering, Endurance, Heal, History +2, Insight, Nature +2, Perception, Religion, Stealth, Streetwise +4, Thievery

FEATS
    Level 1: Draconic Spellcaster

POWERS
    Sorcerer at-will 1: Arcing Fire
    Sorcerer at-will 1: Burning Spray
    Sorcerer encounter 1: Explosive Pyre
    Sorcerer daily 1: Lightning Breath

ITEMS
    Raven, Adventurer's Kit, Cloth Armor (Basic Clothing), Staff Implement, Dagger, Hempen Rope (50 ft.), Waterskin (2), Travel Papers, Torch (5)
    ====== Copy to Clipboard and Press the Import Button on the Summary Tab ======

And yes, I'm going with a fire build just for hilarity potential. I WILL MAKE IT WORK.

Daggers take a penalty underwater? I would probably open up all piercing weapons to be free from the attack penalty.

Edit: Removing the parrot. I'm not liking how it's fitting his theme. He's just a standard explorer now.

MaxFrost on
  • AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    There isn't any true "If you are doing this you have no chance", the majority of the weight is still on the strength of individual character concepts. The bonuses are there to give people who never seem to get into anything a better chance. Also you can have up to three characters, but each one should be a different role.

Aegeri on
  • DrDinosaurDrDinosaur Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    May post an application later, pending the results of a previous application.
    Regardless of my eligibility, this is an excellent resource that should be viewed by all aspiring sea-farers.

DrDinosaur on
    edited June 2011
    I most approve.

Aegeri on
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    The only 2 pbps I played in got scrapped about a month after starting (or earlier) and the Maptools game I was DMing got flushed due to two people getting new jobs that conflicted with the Wednesday night playtime. I have read Aegeri's stories and would be amazingly thrilled to play in a game he is hosting, even knowing his RL proclivities have caused several cancellations in the past. I've even already got a character theme that I've previously rolled but never had a home for (I like rolling mans just to see what mans can do, not many chances to use them, though). I'll have it up in a bit, after I read about Lhazaar.

Pinfeldorf on
    edited June 2011
    I still miss my Race Around Eberron game :(

I have thought about other issues like RL getting in the way, I have a planned ending to the campaign that is quite satisfying. Albeit that's more than a few months of play, so there will certainly be a good chunk of DnD before that point. Hopefully I can continue it on into probably low paragon (which will be quite a while with the pace of a PbP).

Aegeri on
    edited June 2011
    And fire sorcerer up :D

Will probably refine it. Doesn't explain why there's a sorcerer with a parrot in the world too well, but it's comedic imo.

edit: added fowl language.

MaxFrost on
    edited June 2011
    Well that is an interesting decision.

Incidentally spears are the group of weapons that don't take a penalty, due to the long shaft that can be used to thrust in the water with them well away from your body. Daggers and Rapiers (as another example) don't have enough length to really provide the thrust of a spear, so take the penalty. There is also a really important theme/plot reason why I think spears should be favored too....

Aegeri on
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    As noted in the general thread I'm highly intrigued, and will definitely post up some characters/concepts over the weekend. When I still had a group going I usually ended up going the Leader/Defender route (sometimes both at the same time), so if a Striker spot were available I'd likely lean towards for the change of pace, but I've been meaning to give one of the Leader's a whirl in a non-hybrid Defender kinda way.

Anyway, it's late, I'm rambling, looking forward to contributing something of substance soon.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Why is there no Umberlee in Eberron? That totally ruins my character's idea. I am disappoint.

Pinfeldorf on
  • AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Aegeri, are you the same poster from EnWorld (I'm Mr. Wilson there)? If so, game's in good hands. I do love me some Eberron, so I'll be watching this thread, but I just signed up for a PbP nWoD game and figure I should pass.

* Also, Pinfeldorf, there is an Umberlee equivalent (sorta) named the Devourer. You should check him out.

Assuran on
    edited June 2011
    Yes, I am indeed the same poster from ENWorld called Aegeri.

Alternatively, I'm his evil twin brother. You can tell I am the evil one because I have a mustache.

Aegeri on
  • AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    The Crimson Wave rocks gently on the waves as a gentle breeze blows across the deck. All is quiet. At least for the moment.
    "Aauuck! Kraka want shiny!" The high-pitched squawk of the parrot shreds the silence. "Give shiny! Filthy Anthracite! Butt-muncher! Aauuck!"
    Thankfully the parrot is cut off in the middle of its next exclamation. "Aauu..." The muffled noise of the parrots protest is washed over by its owners grumbling, "Damn bird, if'n ida known ye'd be such a nuisance i'd give ye back ta' Rockface."

Grakor slowly opened the door to his cabin, one eye on Kraka, the other on the sea. "Aaah, good ta be free agin ain't it Kraka?" "Aauuck! Free from Rockface! Rockface Biest!"

Grakor grins to himself at the birds agreement. Now to find some others that share his thoughts on the way life in the Lhazaar Principalities should be. Perhaps a stalwart leader in need of an able swordsman for a First Mate?

Grakor One-tooth, Half-Orc Tempest Fighter

Summary:
    Grakor One-tooth, level 1
    Half-Orc, Fighter
    Build: Tempest Fighter
    Fighter: Combat Agility
    Fighter Talents: Tempest Technique
    Background: Deserter (+2 to Endurance)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
    Str 18, Con 11, Dex 17, Int 10, Wis 14, Cha 8.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
    Str 16, Con 11, Dex 15, Int 10, Wis 14, Cha 8.

AC: 15 Fort: 16 Reflex: 13 Will: 12
    HP: 26 Surges: 9 Surge Value: 6

TRAINED SKILLS
    Intimidate +6, Endurance +9, Athletics +9

UNTRAINED SKILLS
    Acrobatics +3, Arcana, Bluff -1, Diplomacy -1, Dungeoneering +2, Heal +2, History, Insight +2, Nature +2, Perception +2, Religion, Stealth +3, Streetwise -1, Thievery +3

FEATS
    Level 1: Two-Weapon Fighting

POWERS
    Fighter at-will 1: Dual Strike
    Fighter at-will 1: Threatening Rush
    Fighter encounter 1: Funneling Flurry
    Fighter daily 1: Bristling Defense

ITEMS
    Rapier, Short sword, Leather Armor, Adventurer's Kit

Background:
    Grakor has been labled a deserter by his homeland, and for good reason. When the recruiters came for the Last War he bolted. Many long nights traveling across rough country and long days hidden from any who would turn him in have made Grakor tough.
    He eventually found his way to the Lhazaar Principalities where he was promptly shanghai'd onto a pirate vessel under the sway of Prince Mikia Rockface. One hell of a woman :whistle:. It didn't take long for Grakor to pick up on the swashbuckling ways of his Orc captain. He even made it all the way to first mate before he decided to strike out on his own. 'Course that required killin' or druggin most o' the crew. Its fair to say that Grakor would not like to see Rockface any time soon.
    To this end he has come aboard the Crimson Wave. It has been almost three weeks now since his mutiny, and it has become readily apparent to Grakor that survival may require..."crewmates".

Mannerism & Appearance:
    Grakor has taken on the standard carefree attitude of the pirate, with his own dash of caution. Mention of the Last War sets him on edge with the reminder of his cowardice. If not actively engaged in speaking with someone he will often teach his parrot Kraka as many foul words as he can in any language he has heard among the seas.
    As for the party, once joined Grakor is protective, if not for the chance to rub it in the face of those protected. Never hurts to have a bunch of people that owe you favors after all.

Grakor can be identified in a handfull of ways. First would be his tight leather armor bearing the crossed out symbols of both his homeland and the Cloudreavers. This is hidden by a light overcloak when Grakor gets the hint someone he doesn't want watching him is doing so. Second is Kraka. Anyone who knows Grakor will recognize his favorite curses as they flow freely from the bird. Third is his rapier and shortsword hung on either side. The former a prior possession of his captain with the Cloudreavers and the latter his symbol of rank as first mate. Finally is his missing tusk. He lost his right tusk in a fight with one of Rockface's lieutenants. The lieutenant lost an arm.

Theme:
    Animal Master
    Power:
    Distracting Attack Animal Master Attack
    At your command, your animal friend darts forward to bite,
    rake, or peck at your foe.
    Encounter F Martial
    Minor Action Close burst 5
    Requirement: Your animal minion must be within 5 squares
    of you.
    Target: One enemy in the burst
    Effect: You gain combat advantage against the target until the
    end of your turn.
    Companion:
    Kraka-
    Red Senegal Parrot Level 1 Minion Skirmisher
    Tiny natural beast XP 25
    HP 1; a missed attack never damages a minion. Initiative +6
    AC 15, Fortitude 10, Reflex 14, Will 12 Perception +4
    Speed 4, fly 8
    Traits
    Snatch and Scoot
    While within 10 squares of the parrot, the parrot's master can
    take a standard action to command it to make a Thievery
    check to perform sleight of hand as a free action, using the
    master's Thievery modifier with a +2 bonus.
    Skills Stealth +9
    Str 3 (–4) Dex 19 (+4) Wis 15 (+2)
    Con 10 (+0) Int 3 (–4) Cha 10 (+0)
    Alignment unaligned Languages - foul mouthed mockery of anything it hears

Picture:
    Pathfinder1_Fighter-1.jpg
    Just a bit uglier =P.

Anialos on
    edited June 2011
    Quite a solid application. I think going with a tempest fighter was a good decision and the background has some interesting story connotations that I can use. I actually think just refluffling the raven pet as a parrot works pretty well.

Aegeri on
  • AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Thanks! As for the other bonus points stuff, I'm currently doing a IRL game about 2-3 times a month and go to Encounters when I can. Haven't been able to get into a PbP yet, and would really like to!

Edit: Going to post an alternate block for the parrot for your approval shortly. Changing the ability to something a bit more appropriate.

Anialos on
    edited June 2011
    Alternate block for my fowl mouthed companion Kraka
    Kraka-
    Red Senegal Parrot Level 1 Minion Skirmisher
    Tiny natural beast XP 25
    HP 1; a missed attack never damages a minion. Initiative +6
    AC 15, Fortitude 10, Reflex 14, Will 12 Perception +4
    Speed 4, fly 8
    Traits
    Distracting Squawk
    While within 10 squares of the parrot, the parrot's master can
    take a standard action to command it to make a Bluff
    check to perform gain CA as a free action, using the
    master's Bluff or Intimidate modifier with a +2 bonus.
    Skills Stealth +9
    Str 3 (–4) Dex 19 (+4) Wis 15 (+2)
    Con 10 (+0) Int 3 (–4) Cha 10 (+0)
    Alignment unaligned Languages - foul mouthed mockery of anything it hears

Anialos on
    edited June 2011
    I'm going to laugh if every single submission has a parrot in it.

MaxFrost on
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    It's clear that to get a foot in the door I'm going to have to make a character that dual wields parrots.

... Oooh, Druid that fights shifted into a giant parrot, with a vicious beak attack and an even more vicious mockery attack (psychic damage, victim is depressed and weakened, save ends)!

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
    edited June 2011
    Okay, some clarification questions regarding say...scale armor. There's no check penalty for this armor, but it does have a fairly substantial weight. Is it still rather bad to wear while fighting underwater?

MaxFrost on
  • Dr. Phibbs McAtheyDr. Phibbs McAthey Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    This looks fantastic. I've been wanting to play a pirate themed D&D game for years. I'll definitely be working on a submission tonight.

Not sure if I should wait until my submission to post bonus point stuff, but I've never done a 4e PbP, and the only other PbP I've played in died out pretty quickly.
    I'm currently GMing an IRL Star Wars Saga Edition game and that's pretty much it.

Dr. Phibbs McAthey on
    edited June 2011
    I enjoy creating characters with their backgrounds/themes nearly as much as playing them. Plus I'm bored at work. Expect a second submission from yours truly sometime today as a result.

Anialos on
    edited June 2011
    I've been doing the same, and I'm discovering that I hate spears. Something in me doesn't like them flavorwise. I have no clue why. But I have a brawling spear user, and a ranger that uses hand axes and spears. I don't like either of them though.

MaxFrost on
  • Dick BurglarDick Burglar Registered User new member
    edited June 2011
    This setting sounds completely awesome. I've never done PbP on this forum before but I definitely want to submit a character for this one. I've got a Fey White Well pact Hexblade I've been messing with, and I think it could fit in pretty darn snugly. I'll get started on the sheet and writing right now! :)

Dick Burglar on
  • DrDinosaurDrDinosaur Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I wasn't sure if I should apply or not, but then I came up with a character I couldn't not submit.
    Will be posting a full application later, but for now, the name:
    Higgs, the Bos'n.

DrDinosaur on
    edited June 2011
    Delu Wavecaller, Genasi Watersoul Psion/Explorer

Summary:
    Delu Wavecaller, level 1
    Genasi, Psion
    Build: Shaper Psion
    Discipline Focus: Shaper Focus
    Elemental Manifestation: Watersoul
    Background: Lhazaar Principalities (Athletics class skill)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
    Str 13, Con 12, Dex 11, Int 18, Wis 8, Cha 16.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
    Str 11, Con 12, Dex 11, Int 16, Wis 8, Cha 16.

AC: 14 Fort: 11 Reflex: 14 Will: 15
    HP: 24 Surges: 7 Surge Value: 6

TRAINED SKILLS
    Athletics +6, Arcana +9, History +9, Intimidate +8

UNTRAINED SKILLS
    Acrobatics, Bluff +3, Diplomacy +3, Dungeoneering -1, Endurance +3, Heal -1, Insight -1, Nature +1, Perception -1, Religion +4, Stealth, Streetwise +3, Thievery

FEATS
    Psion: Ritual Caster
    Level 1: Superior Implement Training (Petrified orb)

POWERS
    Psion at-will 1: Mind Thrust
    Psion at-will 1: Static Mote
    Psion daily 1: Summon Thought Servant

ITEMS
    Petrified orb, Spear, Cloth Armor (Basic Clothing), Adventurer's Kit

Background:
    121.jpg
    Land. The very thought makes Delu apprehensive. But that is where he is being taken. Damn trader and his lies.

Delu started life at the ocean floor. His parents lived their entire lives in the sea, and it is where he was raised. As such Delu feels very natural in the water...and very un-natural out of it. At least onboard a sailing vessel he can see the water and feel the fresh breezes that blow over it.

The particular section of ocean that Delu was born in happens to be a inlet near the isle of Orthoss and its straight. The expansion of military opperations during the Last War made his tranquil home into a naval port. Many of his family were killed when they refused to join the forces of any prince. Delu fled his home, nothing remaining except his favorite piece of driftwood, an old spear, and the few taters of clothing on his back.

Delu spent the intervening years exploring the oceans in and around the Lhazaar Principalities. He only set foot on land to trade for supplies, and even then only rarely as he gets most of what he needs from the sea. Nobody really knows where Delu came from, and that is just fine with him. Being the last of your people makes it hard to talk about the past.

It was during one of Delu's trips to the surface to trade that he fell into misfortune. The trader had been asked by one of the princes (Delu would LOVE to find out which one) to capture the Genasi. Although he fought valiantly it was a short battle. For the first time he wasn't free. For the first time he was truly angry. Then he discovered something he hadn't learned from his parents. The bindings on his hands fell off! Looking down he saw his arms flowing freely like pure water. If only he was near enough the ocean to truly escape!

Aboard the Crimson Wave, Delu has been thrown in the hold, transported as "merchandise" for the prince. He is waiting quietly for his chance to escape, his chance for freedom.

Mannerisms & Appearance:
    Delu likes moving, alot. To say that his very essence thrives on movement would not be much of a stretch. Naturally, he hates confinement. His enemies quickly learn that he also like moving them. Ones that particularly anger him might be restrained, but he considers that only for the most vile of enemies. He isn't cruel afterall.

He has yet to have any friends or companions, and is thus very quiet and introspective.

Delu's appearance is a bit surprising to most. His blue skin ripples like a still pond when touched, and boils and crashes like an angry sea when he is upset. What most would consider hair is actually kelp, attached to the spikes of crystal protruding from the back of Delu's head.

Theme:
    Explorer-Benefit: You can tell which way is north, and you
    gain a +5 bonus to any skill check to avoid becoming
    lost, find your way to a specific location, or spot a distant landmark.
    In addition, you gain the surefooted stride power.
    Surefooted Stride Explorer Utility
    Your expert woodcraft allows you to move easily through difficult terrain and use it to your advantage in battle.
    Encounter F Primal
    Move Action Personal
    Effect: You move up to your speed, ignoring difficult terrain.
    Until the end of your next turn, you gain a +2 bonus to AC
    and Reflex if you are in difficult terrain, and you gain combat advantage against enemies that are in difficult terrain.

Picture:
    ohgodimsosorry.jpg
    Couldn't resist when I saw it.

Anialos on
    edited June 2011
    DrDinosaur wrote: »
    Higgs, the Bos'n.

Yessssss

Anialos on
  • wildwoodwildwood Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Are the heavy armor restrictions just tied to their armor check penalty? For example, if I got the shield finesse feat, would a heavy shield no longer be a problem underwater?

wildwood on
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Too funny, I just got the Eberron Player's guide this week for some of my incoming players to my game to use and I've been on a pirate kick lately

Destiny!

Hrm, reckon I'll roll a striker of some stripe when I get home tonight.

Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
    edited June 2011
    I have a sickness...third and final submission coming soon.

Edit: Brain dump finished. Sheesh.

Anialos on
    edited June 2011
    Nezethet, Githzerai Battlesmith Artificer/Scholar

Summary:
    Nezethet, level 1
    Githzerai, Artificer
    Build: Battlesmith Artificer
    Background: Occupation - Artisan (Athletics class skill)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
    Str 11, Con 16, Dex 10, Int 18, Wis 15, Cha 8.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
    Str 11, Con 16, Dex 10, Int 16, Wis 13, Cha 8.

AC: 16 Fort: 14 Reflex: 14 Will: 13
    HP: 28 Surges: 9 Surge Value: 7

TRAINED SKILLS
    Arcana +9, Athletics +7, History +9, Dungeoneering +7, Thievery +5

UNTRAINED SKILLS
    Acrobatics +2, Bluff -1, Diplomacy -1, Endurance +3, Heal +2, Insight +2, Intimidate -1, Nature +2, Perception +2, Religion +4, Stealth, Streetwise -1

FEATS
    Artificer: Ritual Caster
    Level 1: Master Mixer

POWERS
    Artificer at-will 1: Thundering Armor
    Artificer at-will 1: Static Shock
    Healing Infusion: Healing Infusion: Resistive Formula
    Artificer encounter 1: Drain Speed
    Artificer daily 1: Life-Tapping Darts

ITEMS
    Ritual Book, Wand Implement, Dagger, Leather Armor, Adventurer's Kit
    RITUALS
    Brew Potion, Disenchant Magic Item, Enchant Magic Item, Make Whole, Amanuensis, Arcane Mark

Background:
    Nezethet didn't belong on the Crimson Wave. He didn't really belong anywhere. Returning to his home on the Astral Sea is not an option he'd like to consider. Posing as a teacher for the well to do only to sneak out with the family jewels does not endear oneself to many. That all didn't matter until he tried it on the head scholar. It wasn't the head scholar who found him out. Oh, no. It was the mans youngest son who walked in on Nezethet and his older sister in a "compromising position". He hadn't even had a chance to go for the jewels yet.

Never before in his life had Nezethet run so fast. Scholars don't usually run afterall. Far away he ran, searching for a way to escape his fate.

It was while running that Nezethet decided to make ammends for his ill deeds. Turning himself in, however, was not an option. How could he do good while locked up or dead? No, he must leave the Astral Sea...forever.

When Nezethet arrived on Khorvaire the Last War was just coming to a close. He took the opportunity to volunteer as a medic, using science and engineering to heal the wounded. It did not matter to him which side the wounded fought for. Saving lives was the work of good! Not all saw it the same way though, and he was stripped of his liscence to practice "the healing arts" by a particulary xenocentric general.

Which leads us back to the Crimson Wave. Nezethet has been traveling the roads of Khorvaire since the end of the war, providing help to those in need and compiling as much knowledge as he can. He has boarded the Crimson Wave on a journey to parlay with Prince Rygar for access to his vast collection of ancient tomes. Even pirates have a use.

Mannerisms & Appearance:
    Nezethet is almost extremely helpful. His leather armor is worn under a large many pocketed coat containing everything from ritual components to the apparatuses he uses in his healing. Most times he can be found in the infirmary treating the wounded or in the library furthering his wealth of knowledge.

Theme:
    Scholar- Benefit: You know one additional language
    chosen from Draconic, Dwarven, and Elven. In addition, you gain the use vulnerability power.
    Use Vulnerability Scholar Utility
    You know the strengths and weaknesses of the creature you’re
    facing.
    Encounter F Arcane
    Free Action Personal
    Trigger: You succeed on a monster knowledge check against a
    monster that you can see or hear.
    Effect: If your check result meets or exceeds the hard DC for
    the monster’s level, you gain a +4 power bonus to all defenses against the monster's attacks until the end of your
    next turn. Additionally, until the end of your next turn,
    you gain a power bonus to damage rolls against the target
    equal to your Intelligence modifier, but not when you deal
    damage that the target resists.
    If your check result does not meet or exceed the hard
    DC, your attacks against the target deal only half damage
    until the end of your next turn.

Choosing Draconic for the language.

Picture: Default from PHB3 for now.

Anialos on
    edited June 2011
    wildwood wrote: »
    Are the heavy armor restrictions just tied to their armor check penalty? For example, if I got the shield finesse feat, would a heavy shield no longer be a problem underwater?
    That's pretty much the problem. If you can remove the check penalties it becomes alright. My experience has been that check penalties combined with a poor athletics stat can lead to some hilarious water based shenanigans.

Edit: Post more once my DnD game finishes.

Aegeri on
  • Ace JonAce Jon Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Oh wow, I want in. I've been DMing a game for a group of new players but I haven't been able to play, and we just had our last game until the next term of university (in September...). I need my D&D fix!

Gonna roll a human bard with a carefree attitude and a rockin' beard. Think Jack Sparrow, add 20 years and more sea shanties than a sailor's bar mixtape.

Ace Jon on
    Yours truly, Ace Jon.
  • TheBogTheBog Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Garr, gnoll rogue

Summary:
    Init +4 HP 26/26 Bloodied 13 Healing Surge 6 ( used /8)
    AC 16 Fort 13 Reflex 16 Will 11 Speed 7
    Str 16 (+3) Con 14 (+2) Dex 18 (+4) Int 8 (-1) Wis 10 (0) Cha 12 (+1)

Powers:
    Piercing strike
    Acrobatic strike
    Dazing strike
    Ferocious charge
    Distracting attack (kitten)
    Trick strike

Items/feats/skills:
    leather armor, dagger, short sword, adventurer's kit, thieves' tools, 29gp left
    backstabber feat
    Acrobatics +9, Arcana -1, Athletics +8, Bluff +1, Diplomacy +1, Dungeoneering +0, Endurance +2, Heal +0, History -1, Insight +5, Intimidate +8, Nature +0, Perception +2, Religion -1, Stealth +9, Streetwise +1, Thievery +11

Background:
    Arguably his only weakness (besides his social skills), Garr’s love for his kitten Scarr is rivaled only by his loyalty to the pack. The gnoll is often found in his pitch black bunk privately playing with the kitten, or watching it sleep curled up against him. Not that he’ll ever admit having a soft spot, nor would anyone dare bring it up. Garr brought along his previous pet cat to a crew he used to be on.

Raised in Znir, Garr’s pack attempted to work hand in hand with the humans during the Last War. Garr was employed on a prison ship belonging to House Deneith responsible for catching deserters of the war. The crew was reluctant, but was forced to take the gnoll in as conscription in Droaam was yielding poor results. Within a few days, a “misunderstanding” led to the cat being thrown overboard, unbeknownst to the gnoll. Finding his pet missing, Garr waited until the cover of darkness before dragging the man responsible down into the cargo hold and relieving him of his duties on this world. The stories say that in the morning there was nothing left of him but a pool of blood and some bone splinters.

Thus ended Garr’s legal employment in Droaam. His prison/death sentence (unjust, if you ask him) was cut short the night before his scheduled execution. Just as all hope was lost and Garr was coming to terms with the inevitability of death, in the darkness of his cell another kitten came to see him. Instantly sensing a connection and an opportunity, the gnoll befriended it. Within an hour, he trained the kitten to snatch the prison key from the hip of a sleeping guard, and before long, he was on his way to freedom. But he couldn’t stay in Droaam. The whole region wanted him dead, and with the mess he left back at the prison, it was unlikely that House Deneith would see things his way.

The other side of the continent looks particularly pleasant this time of year…

Why the Crimson Wave?:
    Despite being on the run from the human law of the west, Garr feels the need to work together with humans to prove his civility. And at the same time, he knows what he does best comes from his roots. He needs to find a crew that will be strong, fearless, and loyal; a crew he can depend on; a new family. The Lhazaar Principalities appeared more tolerant of someone with Garr’s employment history, and the Crimson Wave specifically was a ship that, word has it, is about to set sail on a doomed mission. Challenge accepted.

Mannerisms & Appearance:
    Garr is not a sight for sore eyes; he’s likely the cause. This mangy gnoll lost his eye early in the service and was urged to wear a patch when the crew complained that he would stare into their souls with the empty socket. His orange/brown mottled fur has been stained over the years he has spent on the sea, and under his black rags he wears sun-dried hard leather armor.

The gnoll’s loyalty is unquestionable, though often betrayed in his eyes. He acts as a sort of mutiny repellent, unless, of course, it’s the captain’s trust that is in question. He does not have a sense of humor, almost to a hilarious degree.

Garr views his kitten Scarr as the original and everlasting member of his pack and holds him in higher regard than any other crew member, splitting his food with him, his bed, and any other pleasantry he can muster. Likewise, if anyone threatens or displeases Scarr, Garr makes it known.

Picture:
    gnoll_by_skepsisfox_copy.jpg
    Original picture by skepsisfox at deviantart. I made a few edits. (gotta give credit where credit is due!)

I am not in any d&d games right now, though I've been trying to get into some for the past few months. Last experience was a year or two ago I think?.. Haha. I don't remember. But hey, tell me what you think of Garr and Scarr! Suggestions? Comments?

TheBog on
    edited June 2011
    So some general comments on characters:

Delu: Looks interesting and watersoul genasi is a natural fit. I will have to consider the starting situation from the background and how to fit that into the story. Quite useful ideas.

Nezethet: Being stranded on Eberron from the Astral sea is an interesting idea. I think the people most likely to have got in the way of him healing would have been House Jorasco. Particularly because they charge for it and have arrangements with different countries. Crossing them probably would have got that issue.

Hello TheBog.

Garr: I think that's a pretty strong concept overall, particularly in using the animal master theme for a kitten as a pet! The background and concept works really well also, plus gives me some interesting elements to maybe bring into the game with House Deneith.

Aegeri on
  • Z0reZ0re Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Storg, Hobgoblin Bard

Summary
    Storg, level 1
    Hobgoblin, Bard
    Animal Master Feature: Monkey
    Bardic Virtue: Virtue of Valor

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
    Str 14, Con 16, Dex 13, Int 10, Wis 8, Cha 18.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
    Str 14, Con 14, Dex 13, Int 10, Wis 8, Cha 16.

AC: 17 Fort: 13 Reflex: 13 Will: 15
    HP: 28 Surges: 10 Surge Value: 7

TRAINED SKILLS
    Arcana +5, History +7, Athletics +8, Intimidate +9, Perception +4

UNTRAINED SKILLS
    Acrobatics +1, Bluff +5, Diplomacy +5, Dungeoneering, Endurance +3, Heal, Insight, Nature, Religion +1, Stealth +1, Streetwise +5, Thievery +1

FEATS
    Bard: Ritual Caster
    Level 1: Versatile Expertise (Heavy Blade, Wand)

POWERS
    Bard at-will 1: War Song Strike
    Bard at-will 1: Guiding Strike
    Bard encounter 1: Inspiring Refrain
    Bard daily 1: Slayer's Song

ITEMS
    Ritual Book, Chainmail, Longsword, Adventurer's Kit, Light Shield, Monkey
    RITUALS
    Traveler's Chant, Glib Limerick

Background
    Storg is one of the Kech Volaar, the Wordbearers, Hobgoblins who kept their ancient society and memory alive through song. He was a prodigy, from a very young age he demonstrated extreme ease at mastering the fundamental magics of song in ways few other Hobgoblins ever could. This got him noticed by some very important people, including Tuura Dhakaan, the leader of the Kech Volaar. He was trained as one of the agents to be sent out into the world to recover ancient texts and artifacts of the Hobgoblin's ancient empire, excelling in his training both martial and magical. He was a bit more brash and headstrong than many would have preferred, arrogant and undiplomatic. By the time he came of age, and his training was complete, the Last War had finally ended and there was a flurry to send out more agents before the chaos fully died down and the other nations began to lock down their borders and treasures.

Storg begged to be sent, to go on one of the most important and dangerous assignments available. There were whispers and rumors of a ruin dating from just before the fall of the Hobgoblin empire unearthed in some of the last fighting of the war. This would be extremely important, if it existed, and eventually Storg and a small team were sent out to recover whatever they could from it it. They spent months hunting down the sources of the rumors, greasing palms and 'persuading' in both violent and benign fashions until a solid lead led them to northern Breland. They were able to persuade a rather shady collector to give them the exact location, which is how they found themselves on the property of a minor lord in northern Breland.

The ruin had been mostly emptied by the time they arrived, possibly by the soldiers who had unearthed it, but they were able to find a singular tome in the rubble that had been overlooked. Nearly complete, it held more than a thousand pages of stories and history of their ancient empire. Chalking the expedition up as a success, the small group began their journey home. Unfortunately, a week down the road, they were accosted by several former Breland soldiers turned mercenary, one of which had had family who was killed when the Hobgoblins carved out their own nation. They ruthlessly attacked, leaving Storg the only survivor. They tortured him for several days, disfiguring his face, before stealing all his possessions and leaving him for dead. He was barely able to survive, but made it back home.

His failure, and his horrible disfigurement, led him to be next assigned to recover anything he could from the Lahzeer province, no longer a rising star.

Since his arrival, he has supported himself and his search by learning and preforming the lewd and bawdy songs popular in the small coastal town with his magical vocal abilities.

Mannerisms and Appearance
    Storg was once quite an attractive Hobgoblin, and wreathed in the traditional Wordbearer tattoos of his people. He is now grotesquely scarred and with a singular good eye, the other always kept covered by a patch. In an effort to distract people from his visage, he has bought and used several monkeys as distraction.

He is absolutely desperate to regain some of his lost honor and standing, searching absolutely any and every lead that holds a hint at an artifact of some kind. He is far more diplomatic and wary since his humiliation, losing much of his earlier arrogance.

Tentative image (It is really hard to find Hobgoblin pictures!)
    yd6Mj.jpg

Imagine him more scarred, with an eyepatch and a monkey.

Z0re on
    edited June 2011
    How do people get the 'Summary' block for their characters? Is that on the offline character builder?

If I'm just using the online builder and Orokos, is there a way for me to do that?

wildwood on
    edited June 2011
    You can get it from the character sheet on the online builder as well. When you hit character sheet up at the top right you have the option to do Character Builder, Essentials, Summary, and Ritual Book.

Anialos on
  • TheBogTheBog Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Hey, Anialos. What's up with the Distracting Squawk ability for Kraka? Are there additional abilities in places other than Dragon 399 that I can pick from? I don't think any of the animals have an ability that gives you CA as a free action. Or are we allowed to pitch ideas for custom abilities? <3

TheBog on
    edited June 2011
    I think that he made that one up himself actually, looking at it the mechanical balance is certainly fine and so I would definitely allow it. I'll have more comments later when I am not busy making DINNER.

Aegeri on
    edited June 2011
    "Rustbeard" Skree, Warforged Warden/Hospitaller

Summary:
    Warforged, Warden
    Guardian Might Option: Stormheart
    Unstoppable Soldier (+2 to Athletics)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
    STR 18, CON 18, DEX 10, INT 11, WIS 12, CHA 9

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
    STR 16, CON 16, DEX 10, INT 11, WIS 12, CHA 9

AC: 19 Fort: 15 Ref: 12 Will: 13
    HP: 35 Surges: 13 Surge Value: 8

TRAINED SKILLS
    Athletics +10, Heal +6, Nature +6, Perception +6

UNTRAINED SKILLS
    Acrobatics –1, Arcana +0, Bluff –1, Diplomacy –1, Dungeoneering +1, Endurance +5, History +0, Insight +1, Intimidate +1, Religion +0, Stealth –1, Streetwise –1, Thievery –1

POWERS
    Basic Attack: Melee Basic Attack
    Basic Attack: Ranged Basic Attack
    Warforged Racial Power: Warforged Resolve
    Warden Feature: Warden's Fury
    Warden Feature: Warden's Grasp
    : Form of Mountain's Thunder Attack
    Warden Attack 1: Tempest Assault
    Warden Attack 1: Strength of Stone
    Warden Attack 1: Gale Strike
    Warden Attack 1: Form of Mountain's Thunder

FEATS
    Level 1: Shield Finesse

ITEMS
    Hide Armor x1
    Heavy Shield x1
    Spear x1
    Hand Crossbow
    Adventurer's Kit
    Crossbow Bolts
    Chain (10 ft.)
    ====== End ======

Background:
    Skree (originially Scout/Recon Three) was first activated during the Last War in the Mror Holds, to patrol the surface roads and protect travellers from orc marauders, and sometimes acting as protection for House Kundarak convoys. He proved quite good at his work, earning enough from bounties on bandits to buy his way out of his contract early, after just eight years. He left on good terms with his employers, with a standing offer for new work in Mror or any Kundarak establishment, should he have need of it.

But for now, he pursues his passion - trade. His time guarding caravans opened his eyes to trade as a connector of people all over the world. He dreams of the day that he finds a route of his own, seeing the world and filling the needs of people thousands of miles apart. Even in Mror, he heard of Lazhaar as a meeting place of traders and merchants from all over the world. He is traveling the islands extensively, to learn the flow of trade in the principalities. He is currently on the Crimson Wave intending to return to Regalport, to make another visit to the Pirate Exchange.

Which is not to say that he's at all good at trading, of course. He simply pursues it with zeal, while he invests in his 'education', learning about such things as 'margins' and 'bribery' and 'spoilage'. He'll cheerfully do just about any kind of work, whether doing deliveries, or salvage, or standing guard. Just as long as it has nothing to do with fish - if the fleshies want those disgusting, slimy things, they can get them for themselves.

Mannerism and Appearance:
    Skree is gregarious and friendly, if a bit "sales-y" at times. He is happy to share what he's learned about commerce with anyone who will listen, and he is quite happy to hear about other people's passions, too. (Though he will then look for trade opportunities in what he hears.) For example, his new friend, Garr, is clearly devoted to his lovely cat-animal-pet. Surely there must be some way to appeal to the fleshies' love of their pets, and make a good profit? Perhaps some kind of string concern?

Skree makes friends almost instantly (though the quality of the 'friend' can vary wildly), and is still quite trusting, even after a few deals gone bad. He is always open for new work and new opportunities, and even has a sales placard on the outside of his large shield.

Placard:
    [size="+1"]
    "Rustbeard" Skree, for all your mercantile needs!

Who can you trust, in today's turbulent times?

RUSTBEARD SKREE!
    Guardian of Convoys!
    Protector of Vaults!
    Kundarak Endorsed!

No Job Too Big, No Job Too Small!
    Will Entertain Any Offer!
    (provided it has nothing to do with fish)
    -> Courier
    -> Trade Ambassador
    -> Ocean Floor Salvage
    -> Shipment Lead
    -> Short Order Cook

You Can TRUST RUSTBEARD SKREE
    [/size]

Theme:
    Hospitaller

Shield of Devotion
    Hospitaler Utility
    With a quick prayer you bestow minor healing on a stricken ally,then prepare yourself to smite the enemy who struck your friend.

Encounter - Divine, Healing
    Immediate Reaction
    Close burst 5
    Trigger: An ally within 5 squares of you takes damage from an enemy attack.
    Target: The triggering ally
    Effect: The target regains hit points equal to your [strike]Wisdom[/strike] Constitution modifier. Until the end of your next turn, you gain a +2 power bonus to your next attack roll against the enemy that damaged the target.

Image (so hard to find happy warforged...):
    82093.jpg

I am not currently playing D&D anywhere, online or off-. I don't have much experience with 4e, though I did play earlier versions.

wildwood on