As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

achewood [chat]

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    The problem with junkfood is that when you do it right with high-quality ingredients, it's just as bad for you but it tastes even better.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    desc wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »
    being really philisophical right now

is that what the kids call it these days?

Republicans don't smoke weed. Just like they don't get blowjobs from crackheads in public restrooms

Ludious on
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Damn it seems psn is up fully but the servers are getting bashed. So it is shitting out errors. Guess no download of infamous today. :(

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2011
    fuck a diet chu, beer batter that badboy in some beef tallow with some rough cut russet potatoes and some malt vinegar.

Fish and chips bitches

i want to be in good shape again :(

Organichu on
  • MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I have a typical Northern New Hampshire accent... that being the complete lack there of.

At least no one has pointed out that I have an accent.

MyDcmbr on
    Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited June 2011
    Wait will has a secret Texas accent and he's only adjacent to Boston? What's all this?

many people who live in the northeast have never left the northeast.

so anyone from west of the alleghennies or south of new york sound pretty much like texans to them.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    The problem with junkfood is that when you do it right with high-quality ingredients, it's just as bad for you but it tastes even better.

Trader Joe's does these yuppie-ass fancy smoked gorgonzola crackers and I can inhale half a box in one sitting, no problem.

desc on
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Dorchester is not shitty you shut the hell up

'ism

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited June 2011
    MyDcmbr wrote: »
    I have a typical Northern New Hampshire accent... that being the complete lack there of.

new hampshah has a ridiculous accent.

mainers do too.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Gooey wrote: »
    in my mind will taaks like he's from baastin

Which is funny because having grown up in the Northeast, Will sounds like a guy from Texas trying hard to suppress his accent.

i don't sound like i'm from around heeah to locals

but apparently when i'm visiting my folks out west, i sound like i'm from boston

(i'm not from texas tho. god i hope i don't have a texas accent)

Maybe not Texas specifically, but around that area. Not the drawl but some of the vowel shift. Definitely heard "ten" come out as "teeuhn" which always screamed Texas to me.

Donkey Kong on
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Organichu wrote: »
    fuck a diet chu, beer batter that badboy in some beef tallow with some rough cut russet potatoes and some malt vinegar.

Fish and chips bitches

You can do it! But no, in my opinion, frying shit is waaay too much effort. It's actually EASIER to bake/broil fish and chicken than it is to fry it. Just follow Will's advice. He knows how to cook classy. He is to class what you are to guns.

Of course, he's also to open and welcoming of the lower class as you are to stereographic vision.

Ludious on
    edited June 2011

Fish and chips bitches

Come on Chu... one time won't kill ya. It'll be good, I promise.
    MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

MyDcmbr on
    Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
    edited June 2011
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Damn it seems psn is up fully but the servers are getting bashed. So it is shitting out errors. Guess no download of infamous today. :(

keep trying

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
    edited June 2011
    Elldren wrote: »

'ism

well i am going down to a beach in southie this afternoon. we'll probably bounce through dorchester, so i'll let you know how it goes.

i love that kids from dorchester call themselves "dot rats"

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited June 2011
    Okay. Slow-roasted yellow tomatoes, cilantro, basil leaves from my plant, creamy goat cheese, crushed red peppers, 2 year aged cheddar cheese, eggs.

Let's make a god damn omelette, [chat].

desc on
    edited June 2011
    I prefer sun dried tomatoes desc, and I hate cilantro, but otherwise that sounds magnificent.

Ludious on
    edited June 2011
    MyDcmbr wrote: »

new hampshah has a ridiculous accent.

mainers do too.

No, Northern NH not down around Concord or Manchester, where all the flat landers live. Up around Berlin and Conway.

And yes, that Maine accent is ludicrous.

MyDcmbr on
    Steam
    edited June 2011

Fish and chips bitches

You can do it! But no, in my opinion, frying shit is waaay too much effort. It's actually EASIER to bake/broil fish and chicken than it is to fry it. Just follow Will's advice. He knows how to cook classy. He is to class what you are to guns.

Of course, he's also to open and welcoming of the lower class as you are to stereographic vision.

i like the lower class just fine when they behave themselves

and it would be fine with me if maybe they'd bathe a little more often

or pay attention to their clothing choices

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    http://www.telltalegames.com/store/
    75 percent off of the goddamn merchandise bundles? Where is the catch other than shipping and handling for 16 goddamn dollars? Even with the shipping, it comes out to about 60 dollars cheaper.

Couscous on
    edited June 2011
    In the ears of Connecticut, you all sound like hillbillies.

Donkey Kong on
    edited June 2011
    Okay. Slow-roasted yellow tomatoes, cilantro, basil leaves from my plant, creamy goat cheese, crushed red peppers, 2 year aged cheddar cheese, eggs.

that sounds pretty great

i'd leave out the cilantro tho. it's gonna fight with the basil

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited June 2011

'ism

well i am going down to a beach in southie this afternoon. we'll probably bounce through dorchester, so i'll let you know how it goes.

well yah

they're rats

from dot

doesn't make it shitty

it's working class

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    But seriously our digestive tracts are amazing at what horrors our stomachs can process. I mean we probably consider things going bad way sooner/quicker than any other region in the world.

There's been a push in the UK recently to remove "display until" and "best before/use by" dates from packaged fresh goods, particularly fruit and veg.

It's because the way the law is currently worded, if it's packaged, it has to have them, and it means that the supermarkets throw away a lot of perfectly edible produce. Hell, I've bought plums and pears that were "out of date" that actually still needed a week or so to ripen.

japan on
    edited June 2011

conneticut is a weird kind of non-state. it's like the middle child of the northeast. its only independent, major city is a complete shithole.

occasionally you'll run into someone with the fairfield county lockjaw accent tho and it is delightful.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited June 2011
    I prefer sun dried tomatoes desc, and I hate cilantro, but otherwise that sounds magnificent.

Are you one of those people to whom cilantro tastes like soap-death? I understand that this is actually fairly common.

Cilantro tastes like chlorophyll converts sunlight to the taste of freshness to me. I would put it in damn near anything.

Also these roasted tomatoes might win you over. They are ridiculously smoky-flavorful.

WAIT I have an avocado too! Get in this omelette!

desc on
    edited June 2011

'ism

well yah

they're rats

from dot

doesn't make it shitty

it's working class

if you watch the local news, most of the time the word "shooting" is followed by "at a house party in dorchester"

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I can never quite understand when people in the States say they don't have an accent. Course you do, even if it's just standard American (or whatever you guys' equivalent of RP is).

BobCesca on
    edited June 2011
    Will is running his mouth on Connecticut now

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
    edited June 2011

that sounds pretty great

i'd leave out the cilantro tho. it's gonna fight with the basil

hmm

possibly

the vaguely-mexican-cuisine-ish-ness of these tomatoes would make me leave out the basil instead, if I removed one. I will contemplate this as I begin.

brb with teh noms

desc on
    edited June 2011
    Actually, yes desc. I didn't know this was a thing. Cilantro DOES taste like soap to me.

Ludious on
    edited June 2011

conneticut is a weird kind of non-state. it's like the middle child of the northeast. its only independent, major city is a complete shithole.

occasionally you'll run into someone with the fairfield county lockjaw accent tho and it is delightful.

Hey, we have two major cities and they each have their own cultural identity. For example, if you're looking to bribe a corrupt politician shortly before getting mugged, then Hartford is the place. If you're more in the mood for drugs and multiple homicide, then make your way to beautiful New Haven!

Donkey Kong on
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2011
    New Haven sounds like the name of a victorian mental institution.

Dynagrip on
    edited June 2011
    New Hampshire has an accent. If you don't believe so, come to the Midwest. We have the "American"accent. I don't though. I have a weird Colorado accent that has been flushed out with some Midwest.

Accents are fun. Especially the people I know from the Dakotas who say warsh and crick for wash and creek. I had a teacher do that as well.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    If you were wondering, based on the demo, Dungeons & Dragons: Daggerfall is pretty terrible.

Also, based on very low expectations, X-Men: First Class is very good.

Thanatos on
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    It's all about the Pacific Northwest accent.

Or lack thereof.

Thanatos on
    edited June 2011
    BobCesca wrote: »
    I can never quite understand when people in the States say they don't have an accent. Course you do, even if it's just standard American (or whatever you guys' equivalent of RP is).

General American.

Donkey Kong on
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Actually, yes desc. I didn't know this was a thing. Cilantro DOES taste like soap to me.

It's believed to be a genetic thing. Something about how a minority of people perceive a particular chemical as particularly foul tasting, and the majority don't perceive it at all, or something.

japan on
    edited June 2011
    Cilantro is horrible

it tastes worse than soap

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
    edited June 2011

Yep, it's a thing. Genetics!

Also, you're a cylon. Sorry.

"Modern cilantrophobes tend to describe the offending flavor as soapy rather than buggy. I don’t hate cilantro, but it does sometimes remind me of hand lotion. Each of these associations turns out to make good chemical sense.

Flavor chemists have found that cilantro aroma is created by a half-dozen or so substances, and most of these are modified fragments of fat molecules called aldehydes. The same or similar aldehydes are also found in soaps and lotions and the bug family of insects.

Soaps are made by fragmenting fat molecules with strongly alkaline lye or its equivalent, and aldehydes are a byproduct of this process, as they are when oxygen in the air attacks the fats and oils in cosmetics. And many bugs make strong-smelling, aldehyde-rich body fluids to attract or repel other creatures.

The published studies of cilantro aroma describe individual aldehydes as having both cilantrolike and soapy qualities. Several flavor chemists told me in e-mail messages that they smell a soapy note in the whole herb as well, but still find its aroma fresh and pleasant."

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/14/dining/14curious.html

So yeah, apparently for a lot of people it tastes like eating soap. For the rest of us, it tastes "fresh."

desc on
    edited June 2011
    BobCesca wrote: »

It use to be a lot more varied till TV in the states. What you hear from Americans on TV is Midwest(Missouri, Illinois and that area). There are more famous accents but aren't as common such as Southern which has tons of variations and Brooklyn, New York. The latter is what John Stewart goes into when he is being all New York like.

The Southern accent, especially the old states like the Carolinas and Virgina are actually evolved from an English West Country accent that is now extinct in England.

History of language is fun!

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
This discussion has been closed.