As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PATV] Checkpoint - Episode 4: "Patently Silly"

Trisha LynnTrisha Lynn Registered User regular
edited June 2011 in Social Entropy++
5778262586_95221000f4.jpg

http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/checkpoint/104

(Sure hope I did this correctly!)

-- Editor/Publisher, GeekingOutAbout.com
-- Publisher, Saucy Goose Press
-- On Twitter @trishalynn
Trisha Lynn on

• Options
    FramlingFramling FaceHead Geebs has bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    OH NO YOU MESSED IT UP!

Nah, it's fine.

I liked this one.

Framling on
    you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

their = belonging to them
    there = not here
    they're = they are
  • Options
    JoshTheaterJoshTheater Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Oh dear lord this was the best episode so far. Paul's bit for the PSPgo motion control patent images was sheer hilarity, especially when he got to the "Microsoft clipart man", I couldn't stop laughing the entire time.

JoshTheater on
  • Options
    MetcarfreMetcarfre Registered User new member
    edited May 2011
    "Sadpants McGee" and "SPIDERS!"

LOL

Metcarfre on
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    okay yeah this was pretty good, well done guys

YaYa on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    for some reason something seems slightly off about the delivery of some of the lines. I can't really place what it is.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Heh, I like my psp go.

Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I enjoyed the third one more, and I hope you continue to make these.

Seg on
  • Options
    ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    My only criticism is that I feel it would have been funnier if they'd just dropped the balloons unannounced and then thrown in a "Yeah those balloons have been up there for a while." That way you don't have time to predict the punchline of the balloons all being deflated.

It was a great episode though, the funniest yet. Checkpoint is improving really quickly. Keep up the good work guys!

Butler on
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    The balloon joke is kinda old but this show's coming along nicely.

Butler's correct, shoulda sprung the joke first before telling us the punch-line.

The funniest part was that crazy concept you came-up with to put motion controls on a handheld system. HI-larious.

TankHammer on
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    for some reason something seems slightly off about the delivery of some of the lines. I can't really place what it is.

Agreed. It's still really funny and I've enjoyed all of these but the delivery just feels a little forced. It might just be that the quality of the onion videos and daily show/colbert have spoiled me.

rhylith on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011

the spiders line

it doesn't sound like she just saw a spider and freaked out over it. It sounds like she's imitating someone freaking out over a spider.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    FirmSkaterFirmSkater Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    This was good - you guys are just being a bit silly about an amateur online TV show

FirmSkater on
    sig2.jpg
  • Options
    TubularLuggageTubularLuggage Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Great episode. Paul's segment was fantastic.

TubularLuggage on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    FirmSkater wrote: »
    This was good - you guys are just being a bit silly about an amateur online TV show

firmskater i'm concerned that you might not realize just how incredibly important my opinions are

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    A crush on Kathleen DeVere, I have.

Xehalus on
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    the balloon joke was on either the colbert report or the daily show like, a week and a half ago.

ok, it was a month ago

http://vodpod.com/watch/7779617-stephen-colberts-long-awaited-we-got-bin-laden-party-video

Langly on
  • Options
    Kathleen_LRRKathleen_LRR Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

the spiders line

it doesn't sound like she just saw a spider and freaked out over it. It sounds like she's imitating someone freaking out over a spider.

I can assure you I am very, very afraid of spiders. Like stereotypically afraid of them. That was pure, inner-spider fear channeled to the screen.

Fun fact: I once saw a spider at 1:00 am and I screamed for help until my roommate woke up and squished it for me! It was huge! It cast a shadow and make a distinctive 'thump-thump-thump' noise as it skittered across the floor.

Kathleen_LRR on
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Another great checkpoint. :) Loved the patent filing pictures joke, which I never knew how terrible the people were drawn until laughing man.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    2 Marcus 2 Ravens2 Marcus 2 Ravens CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    This is turning into good stuff. Yeah, the delivery is no Colbert, but come on.

I really wasn't sold on the first episode but they're just getting better and better. Keep it up!

2 Marcus 2 Ravens on
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Good stuff.

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • Options
    LordFizzlebeefLordFizzlebeef Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I now officially enjoy this more than ENN. Yes I know it's mostly the same, but this is better somehow.

LordFizzlebeef on
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    good job. better than last week and i hope it's crappier than next week's

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    This is turning into good stuff. Yeah, the delivery is no Colbert, but come on.

I really wasn't sold on the first episode but they're just getting better and better. Keep it up!

Hey I said it was funny! I just think they could work on making the delivery a little more natural is all.

They clearly read the thread so a little constructive criticism could help them make an already good thing even better.

rhylith on
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    just caught up on these, and enjoyed them very much

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    TleilaxuTleilaxu Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    A lot of people are bringing up the balloon gag and/or The Colbert Report. It's because Colbert did it really well a month ago. (at around 1:45 in that clip)

Anyway, great show overall.
    Xehalus wrote: »
    A crush on Kathleen DeVere, I have.
    Make sure to wear this if you meet her:

2eYLw.jpg

Tleilaxu on
    checkpointangrybirds.gif
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Langly wrote: »
    the balloon joke was on either the colbert report or the daily show like, a week and a half ago.

ok, it was a month ago

http://vodpod.com/watch/7779617-stephen-colberts-long-awaited-we-got-bin-laden-party-video

There's just one page to read!

Langly on
  • Options
    pariah164pariah164 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I love Checkpoint. Great, great stuff all around. I think everyone here criticizing it is being way too critical about it. Lighten up; it's entertainment on the internet, and they are damn good at what they do.

pariah164 on
This discussion has been closed.