As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Halo Reach || Daily Challenge: Post in The New Thread, This One Is Done

• joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    These alt. gametypes are getting ridiculous.

joshgotro on
  • FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2011
    I told him while I was helping him test it that it's awesome enough that Bungie should convert it into an actual scripted gametype.

FyreWulff on
    edited June 2011
    I can tell I'd have the same feeling after playing any racing game in Halo.

Why did I just waste eight minutes not killing people with alien weapons?

joshgotro on
  • Angel177Angel177 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    joshgotro wrote: »
    I can tell I'd have the same feeling after playing any racing game in Halo.

Why did I just waste eight minutes not killing people with alien weapons?

Hjay showed us one that had you dodging kill balls, that was fun, and raptors is a race type, with zombies but still...

Angel177 on
    6103544412_a48002080a.jpg
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Raptors is a chase sequence.

DarkPrimus on
  • LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Anyone going to be on tonight?

Would like to go for the oddball 'cheevo.

Leitner on
    edited June 2011
    Super Jackpot Weekend is The Arena for 18,000cR.

FyreWulff on
    edited June 2011
    BWU is up.

http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&cid=31665

The transition date has been announced. Besides stats and other site features, Bungie will transfer control of all Halo titles over to 343 Studios on July 7, 2011 (aka Bungie Day). Optimatch forum will also go read-only sometime in July, and the June and July matchmaking updates are going to be the last MM updates from Bungie.

MM update notes:
    The June matchmaking update is currently in the final phases of testing, we’re still on schedule to deploy at some point in the middle of next week. As always, all of this including the deploy window is subject to change. This is not a complete list of all changes. I’m going to resume the test pass now, before I run out of time and have to start chopping things off the list. Have a great weekend!

Team Objective revamp
    Similar to the recent Big Team Battle revamp, refined the playlist lineup so players are consistently being offered more popular experiences with less fringe gametypes

Premium Slayer and Premium Battle playlists added
    These playlists will require both Noble and Defiant DLC, coinciding with this we will be removing the Defiant Map Pack playlist

Firefight Doubles playlist added
    This will be a permanent version of the Doubles Attack playlist, but will offer each core Firefight experience (2X Score Attack, Arcadefight, FF Limited)

Flagstravaganza playlist added
    This 5v5 playlist will be available for a limited time, consisting of all CTF gametypes and premiering new modes (3 Flag, CTF Slayer)
    MLG playlist updated to V4 maps and gametypes

CTF now supports more custom game options (3 flag, separate flag score values for enemy and neutral flags, slayer scoring, flag return scoring) and we’ve fixed the flag return radius

Oddball now supports changing the Ball Reset time as a custom game option

Integrating 5 more community maps where appropriate into The Arena, Team Slayer, Double Team and Big Team Battle

Maps: Think Twice, Rebirth, Select, Precipice and Mt Lam Lam

Drop Shield removed from all objective gametypes

Armor Lock removed from Team Objective

Improved spawning on Pinnacle
    Removed global respawn zone. Added gametype specific respawn zones for certain objective gametypes.

Various fixes to Firefight
    Firefight Arcade gametypes now have a 20 minute time limit, enabled dropships for first and boss waves, updated Arcadefight loadouts
    Firefight Limited no longer offers Jet Pack loadouts, enabled Betrayal Booting to prevent griefing (Friendly Fire remains off), enabled Grunt Birthday Party for bonus round
    Nerfed Shootiness and Luck for custom skull in Skirmigeddon, the gametype was a little too painful

Also they're not revealing the new Bungie IP on Bungie Day. They are hinting at Bungie Day goodies though.

Also, Jeremiah is holding a Q&A for Megalo (the gametype scripting engine) here:

http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=61128946&postRepeater1-p=1

FyreWulff on
  • DogEightDogEight Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Why did they feel the need to remove Armor Lock from Team Objective?

DogEight on
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    me and fatal are getting raped in team arena, if anyone else wants to feel the burn

Local H Jay on
    edited June 2011
    scratch that, we are on fire
    i had one death, right at the end, when my sword died mid-fight
    even though it says 19, i got the rampage.

Local H Jay on
    edited June 2011
    DogEight wrote: »
    Why did they feel the need to remove Armor Lock from Team Objective?

I believe it's more that the gametypes that still had it in TO are being removed.

edit: for example, KotH had it removed a while back because they enabled using AA in hills.

FyreWulff on
    edited June 2011
    FyreWulff on
    edited June 2011
    edited June 2011
    My response to that video:

t4U9il.jpg

FyreWulff on
    edited June 2011
    What’s been added to Halo waypoint to necessitate a patch?

Leitner on
  • Angel177Angel177 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

I'm sending that to Cine Design at work. :P Awesome find.

Angel177 on
    6103544412_a48002080a.jpg
  • WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    It's by the Red vs. Blue guys. They have a full-time CG team now.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
    edited June 2011
    Willeth wrote: »
    It's by the Red vs. Blue guys. They have a full-time CG team now.

I just noticed that in the related bar. New character models, areas, effects and so on.

When did they upgrade to that?

Leitner on
    edited June 2011
    They've done CG for a while to show Tex being ridiculous. Season 9 is almost all custom, though, with settings used from Reach. It's barely machinima any more.

Willeth on
  • KorKor Known to detonate from time to time Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I thought the first time they used it was the washington/meta attack in Valhalla?

Kor on
    DS Code: 3050-7671-2707
    Pokemon Safari - Sneasel, Pawniard, ????
    edited June 2011
    I haven't actually seen much new RvB. I have a disease where I have to watch everything, so I've been starting from the beginning. I have seen a clip of her going kung fu nutso in Foundry, though.

Willeth on
  • JesuitsJesuits Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Yeah, I haven't watched any RvB since Halo 1 days, and the trailer for season 9 looks amazing by comparison. Definitely gonna restart it.

Jesuits on
    tf2_sig.png
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Did RvB ever get better? I never watched it when the seasons came out originally but last year sometime, probably around when Reach came out, I started getting the seasons on Netflix and well; I watched the first season through and then removed the rest from my queue. It just wasn't funny; at all. It was trying really really really really really really hard to be funny and missed it by a mile to me.

But I just feel like I was missing something because people obviously like them enough for them to have lasted this long. Maybe later seasons were better? If they had them on instant view, I'd give it a go again. I just didn't want to waste my dvd deliveries for it. :(

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

edited June 2011
    the characters are the best part of RvB. grif, church, donut, sarge, and tucker all have hilarious dialouge with one another throughout the show. some seasons lull a bit with too much talky sci-fi dialouge that was pretty much meaningless. they've pulled back alot, focused it a bit and it's much better now. the 'new' special effects gut is monty ohm, and he's an amazingly talented animator. the stuff they showed us at PAXeast this year was really impressive, and it's pretty much got me back into rooster teeth's stuff in general.

Local H Jay on
  • ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Did RvB ever get better? I never watched it when the seasons came out originally but last year sometime, probably around when Reach came out, I started getting the seasons on Netflix and well; I watched the first season through and then removed the rest from my queue. It just wasn't funny; at all. It was trying really really really really really really hard to be funny and missed it by a mile to me.

But I just feel like I was missing something because people obviously like them enough for them to have lasted this long. Maybe later seasons were better? If they had them on instant view, I'd give it a go again. I just didn't want to waste my dvd deliveries for it. :(
    It's too bad you didn't care for it, since most other people (including myself) find it hilarious. Season 2-5 are more of the same, if less crude, with slightly less profanity, slightly deeper humor, and more story. Maybe watch a few episodes of Season 2 and see if you like it more. Season 6 (Reconstruction) goes for a more serious (though still often comedic) tone, so you might want to check that out instead.

Season 7 and the first two-thirds or so of Season 8 were bad, with flat humor, poor pacing, and an absolute mess of a story, but the last third of Season 8 started to improve. I'm cautiously optimistic about Season 9, but RvB really needs to just kill of the Freelancer storyline already and start something new.

RoosterTeeth has all of the episodes on youtube, btw.

Arteen on
  • heckelsheckels Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    The first season is by far my favorite....

heckels on
    heckels_zps9443e2b3.png
  • Future BluesFuture Blues Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So these super jackpots... Are they once a day affairs or just completely random?

Future Blues on
    Xbox Live: No Reply
    Steam: Jacobontap
    LoL: FutureBlues
  • ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Random and only once per a day. The "DAY" resets at 3am.

Viscountalpha on
    edited June 2011
    Honestly I love RoosterTeeth but RvB feels like a chore. Their podcast, their shorts, Immersion etc. are all great and RvB just feels like it's there because it has to be.

Willeth on
  • NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Given that's what they're originally known for, it's likely why it's still around.

Cockbite.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    RvB is around for cockbites? wow. I didn't know they did that for fans.

(I felt like i was channeling griff for a minute there)

Seriously? anyone up for some arena, as painful as it is...

Viscountalpha on
    edited June 2011
    You know, for the longest time (first two seasons) I thought that was their company name.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Rooster Teeth is the name of their company.

DarkPrimus on
    edited June 2011
    Yeah, but those first couple of years, I only knew them as RvB and that logo doesn't have any words in it. I figured the chicken and chattering teeth = cock bite.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
    edited June 2011
    I got my 6000 cr bonus from arena. I'm likely going to try a few more days and see where my ranking is even after the cr bonus is gone.

Viscountalpha on
    edited June 2011
    Fun fact: the reason they're called Rooster Teeth is because they didnt think Texas would let them register Cock Bite as a company. Geoff says as much in the first Sparkast.

Willeth on
    edited June 2011
    Willeth wrote: »
    Fun fact: the reason they're called Rooster Teeth is because they didnt think Texas would let them register Cock Bite as a company. Geoff says as much in the first Sparkast.

I <3 you.

joshgotro on
    edited June 2011
    Apparently there's a new Microsoft commercial where a spartan lasers a mini fridge for that buy a windows 7 laptop get a free 360.

I was sufficiently amused.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uz5OdiXIV1M

Viscountalpha on
    edited June 2011
    We are testing maps right now, it would be nice to have more duders to test with.

Viscountalpha on