As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[DnD 4E PbP Recruiting CLOSED] Curse of the Black Pearls

• MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I finally figured out what this ship was missing, a saucy wench! Hope this works

Meriele Fatesinger, Eladrin Bard
    Stat stuff
    ====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
    Eladrin, Bard
    Bardic Virtue Option: Virtue of Cunning

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
    STR 10, CON 11, DEX 10, INT 16, WIS 8, CHA 20

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
    STR 10, CON 11, DEX 10, INT 14, WIS 8, CHA 18

AC: 16 Fort: 10 Ref: 14 Will: 17
    HP: 23 Surges: 7 Surge Value: 5

TRAINED SKILLS
    Arcana +10, Athletics +4, Diplomacy +10, Perception +4, Streetwise +10, Thievery +4

UNTRAINED SKILLS
    Acrobatics +0, Bluff +6, Dungeoneering +0, Endurance +0, Heal +0, History +6, Insight +0, Intimidate +6, Nature +0, Religion +4, Stealth +0

POWERS
    Basic Attack: Melee Basic Attack
    Basic Attack: Ranged Basic Attack
    Eladrin Racial Power: Fey Step
    Bard Feature: Majestic Word
    Bard Feature: Words of Friendship
    Bard Attack 1: Staggering Note
    Bard Attack 1: Misdirected Mark
    Bard Attack 1: Blunder
    Bard Attack 1: Satire of Fortune

FEATS
    Level 1: Ritual Caster
    Level 1: Improved Initiative

ITEMS
    Ritual Book
    Wand Implement x1
    Scimitar x1
    Chainmail x1
    Adventurer's Kit
    Identification Papers with Portrait
    Lute
    ====== End ======

Background
    Like most Eladrin, Meriele's life was one of relative leisure, wandering the halls of Taer Lian Doresh, pursuing fancies as they came to her. She was eventually drawn to the Bardic form of art, using her voice and instruments in conjunction with magic to weave aural tapestries to astound and amaze audiences through out the Feyspires.

All that changed with the Day of Mourning, when her home spire became trapped in the mortal realms. She was frightened and angry. Never again did she think that she would journey to the forests of the Feywild, feel the scented airs of that wild land sweep past her. After a stint attempting to help find a way back to the Feywild, she turned her back on her Spire, venturing out in the world to try and find the beauty in Eberron. It was sometimes found in the smile of a small child, or the glitter of coins spilling out over a table, or even the death of some hapless tough that attempted to get to familiar with her. She has wandered the Principalities, getting by on her musical talents, as well as learning how to dance from courtesans of the Region.

She rides the Crimson Wake hoping to seek a more permanent employ in the High Prince's court, or maybe she'll continue to drift along the wide blue ocean, it does feel vast and may hold the beauty which she so desperately craves finding....

Mannerisms
    Meriele has been living rough, especially for an Eladrin. Since forsaking her home, she's drifted like so much flotsam and jetsam over the Isles she behaves like a local. She swears like the best of sailors and will haggle prices with a merchant to death if necessary. Still, glimmers of her previous life in the spires shine through. When offended, she will put imperious airs and act as if a lover scorned. That isn't to say she is a child. She has learned to fine tune her magic and music into a terrible force on the fields of battle, and is no slouch with the cutlass she carries at her side. She isn't above flirting if it means a few extra coins in her pouch for the trip ahead, and has a habit of turning heads one way or the other, especially when she starts to sing. She laughs off rumors of her being a siren (Or having such a creature in her lineage)

Concept Picture
    BardChick.jpg

I'm not playing in a D&D game currently, but I am running 1 bi-weekly with my roommate and few of our friends.

Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Skree looks like a very solid concept, though I am wondering about the hospitaller theme and how that relates to his background. It's quite an interesting combination. I like the concept and I'm certain I've seen some more "Tradery" like Warforged around on the net as well.

Meriele is also a solid character concept as well and has quite an open source for motivation. I can't see if you've picked a theme for your character Matev? You can do that for free remember :)

Something else I forgot to mention, but I think I shall now is that you should bear in mind that this game takes place in the same timeline of Dark Prophecy. So if you have a dragonmark that is out of the normal race it would be found in, it will be considered aberrant. Depending on how long the game goes for (I hope quite a while!) this can be pretty significant.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Zinaia the Green

Morgan had seen many strange things over the years, the Lhazaar Principalities being what they are, but the improbably tall and muscled woman staring at the lapping tide was certainly the most surreal. Even from a dozen yards away he could smell the tension, stronger than any sea air. After a few minutes of silence the movement of the woman's hands almost made the old fisherman jump. Was she... praying? Before he could contemplate this development, the stranger- rigid as a plank- splashed face first into the surf.

When he managed to stop howling with laughter he almost felt bad for her. She had stormed off redfaced before he could say a word. When she returned the next day he was too embarassed to say anything, and politely stifled his laughter when she repeated the performance. Over the next fortnight, however, he watched as the goliath (someone in town had told him what one was) quickly took to the sea until one day she was doing laps around the cove. Morgan knew she had finished here and when she went to leave he called out "What's your name?".

"Zinaia. The Pirate."

Background
    A tribe of mountain nomads in the Hoarfrost mountains had existed for many decades, but they had little contact with the outside world. Sporadic trade with the nearby dwarves was the only contact with civilization, and even then only specially selected tribesmen were allowed to leave the icy peaks. When Zinaia was chosen she originally hated the idea, but it was on her first outing that she picked up a book on the Lhazaar Principalities. The tome itself was overly romantic, depicting the region as full of dashing pirates and rebel heroes. Zinaia was entranced. When she wasn't reading new books or learning new languages from them, she would gaze longingly at the distant ocean. The elders finally allowed her to leave because her distraction had begun to affect her hunting abilities, so with head held high the young woman began the descent. She was dying to try out these 'ships' she had read so much about.

Personality
    Zinaia's enthusiasm for the seafaring lifestyle has been met with many a derisive laugh or sneer, but she is doggedly determined to see her dreams come true. Though bookish, she is far from shy, but her naivety can often put her in tricky situations. In battle she is equally unafraid, again often putting her in danger.

Appearance
    Having quickly shed the thick furs of her mountain garb, Zinaia found people were a little off-put by a topless goliath walking around asking where she could find some pirates. Spending most of her money on a fine leather suit of armour ("authentic pirate attire" as the merchant had told her), she cuts a dashing figure, though a little scruffy with knotted hair and sunburnt arms.

Just started in the trollhaunt campaign on these boards, but I couldn't resist posting a pirate 'enthusiast'

Grog on
  • Ace JonAce Jon Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    "Mage!"
    The first mate was fidgeting. Years at sea, battles won and lost, death around every corner - and today he's nervous. Arannis didn't move as he studied the human's face. The first mate's eyes darted back and forth, scouring the lower deck for his trusty magic tool, his necromancer. Arannis knew that was all he was on this journey, and that didn't trouble him. If today he was an object, tomorrow he could be an object with money to spend.

Provoked by some unseen emotion, the first mate called out again.
    "Mage!"
    "I'm here." The man's instinct hit first as he jumped, and his composure arrived a split-second later as his fearful face turned to one of stern authority.
    "Cap'n wants you with the cargo, 'e can tell by the scruff of his beard we'll see land any minute now." The first mate squinted to make eye contact with Arannis. Silently, the mage stood up and carefully stepped down the ladder to the cargo hold.

Around a large crate stood the captain, and a menagerie of hard-looking sailors, informally umming and ahhing about the unnatural curses they've heard and how, if they were lesser men, they definitely wouldn't take on such a risky job. Arannis didn't know whether they were being ironic or deceptive, but for a moment he almost smiled. These were men he could work with.

Arannis Neaco, Eladrin Necromancy Mage

Summary:
    Eladrin, Mage
    School: Necromancy School

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
    STR 10, CON 14, DEX 12, INT 20, WIS 11, CHA 8

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
    STR 10, CON 14, DEX 10, INT 18, WIS 11, CHA 8

AC: 17 Fort: 12 Ref: 15 Will: 13
    HP: 24 Surges: 8 Surge Value: 6

TRAINED SKILLS
    Arcana +12, Athletics +5, History +12, Insight +5, Religion +10

UNTRAINED SKILLS
    Acrobatics +1, Bluff –1, Diplomacy –1, Dungeoneering +0, Endurance +2, Heal +0, Intimidate –1, Nature +0, Perception +0, Stealth +1, Streetwise –1, Thievery +1

POWERS
    Eladrin Racial Power: Fey Step
    Wizard Utility: Suggestion
    Wizard Utility: Spook
    Wizard Utility: Disrupt Undead
    Wizard Attack 1: Phantom Chasm
    Wizard Attack 1: Spirit Rend
    Wizard Attack 1: Charm of Misplaced Wrath
    Wizard Attack 1: Darkening Flame
    Wizard Attack 1: Restless Dead
    Wizard Attack 1: Freezing Burst
    Wizard Attack 1: Magic Missile

FEATS
    Level 1: Unarmored Agility

ITEMS
    Staff Implement x1
    Longsword x1
    Cloth Armor (Basic Clothing)
    Adventurer's Kit
    Hempen Rope (50 ft.)
    Waterskin
    Belt Pouch (empty)
    Travel Papers
    Raven's Feather
    ====== End ======

Background:
    Arannis is a new student to The Bloodsail's school of necromancy. Throughout his younger years, he was lost in books about history, religion and magic. The stories spoke to him like nothing else could. He was never good at making friends, and eventually lost his interest in studying. Years passed in the uncaring abyss of solitude. He got by day to day with frugality and the odd job on a ship as a spare hand. An old dog, he usually spent more time in port town bars than actually at sea, and during The Last War he was a superfluous hand on deck for one of The Bloodsail's ships. Inspired by the comradery shown by some of his shipmates, Arannis finally decided to do something with his life, and applied to the school. Now, still in his first year as a student, he's starting to pick up the tricks of the trade.

Mannerism & Appearance:
    Despite his years of hearing tall tales in bars, Arannis isn't a people person and couldn't tell a tale for the life of him. A middle-aged, scruffy, quiet man, he likes to think of himself as the strong, silent type. Emotionally distant as he's spent most of his life alone and is a different age group to his student peers, Arannis speaks quietly and sparingly, but with great conviction. A tall, slender elf, there is a certain handsomeness locked away behind his straggly hair and unkempt clothes.

Theme: Student of Evard (New!)

I just finished DMing a game IRL, and I have no D&D all summer :( Also, I haven't been able to be a player for well over a year now. I haven't got the Eberron book, but I'm prepared to buy it if I get accepted. Also, if I get accepted, I'll draw my character. I've drawn a couple D&D characters for my friends before: http://www.flubberjacket.co.uk/malygos.png http://www.flubberjacket.co.uk/juan.png

Ace Jon on
    Yours truly, Ace Jon.
  • srboyceboatsrboyceboat Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Trem qi-Zel’Fen Shardmind Avenger

Summary:
    Trem Qi'Zel-Fen, level 1
    Shardmind, Avenger
    Avenger's Censure: Censure of Retribution
    Shardmind: Athletics Bonus
    Background: Q'barra (+2 to Endurance)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
    Str 10, Con 14, Dex 10, Int 18, Wis 17, Cha 9.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
    Str 10, Con 14, Dex 10, Int 16, Wis 15, Cha 9.

AC: 17 Fort: 13 Reflex: 15 Will: 14
    HP: 28 Surges: 9 Surge Value: 7

TRAINED SKILLS
    Religion +9, Athletics +7, Perception +8, Acrobatics +5

UNTRAINED SKILLS
    Arcana +6, Bluff -1, Diplomacy -1, Dungeoneering +3, Endurance +6, Heal +3, History +4, Insight +3, Intimidate -1, Nature +3, Stealth, Streetwise -1, Thievery

FEATS
    Level 1: Weapon Proficiency (Gouge)

POWERS
    Avenger at-will 1: Avenging Shackles
    Avenger at-will 1: Leading Strike
    Channel Divinity: Divine Guidance
    Avenger encounter 1: Avenging Echo
    Avenger daily 1: Thunder and Echo

ITEMS
    Holy Symbol, Gouge, Cloth Armor (Basic Clothing), Adventurer's Kit, Desert Clothing, Travel Papers
    ====== Copy to Clipboard and Press the Import Button on the Summary Tab ======

History:
    For centuries, the Inspired have hosted “ambassadors” from Dol Quor and allow the quori to do their dark and nefarious work, but the construction of these humanoids takes a significant amount of time, money, and resources. Incantations to speak, eldritch pacts to be summoned, so on and so forth. The Dreaming Dark sought a better, or at least more efficient methodology. They found them in the psi cyrstals of Q’Barra. The crystals were inherently powerful, filled with raw psionic energy that could be harnessed and directed, but they also retained an incredible magnetism toward one another with none of the galvanic poles that the Quori were used to in such substances. They perfected a new ritual, using much of the same process with which warforged are created and attempted to build constructs out of these crystals to act as hosts for the immigrating quori. What they did not know was that other spirits had already laid claim to the crystals, and once sufficiently animated, Shardminds came into being. Foreign to the world and with no inherent knowledge of the Quori’s evil, many Shardminds serve them in the same capacity as warforged were originally meant to be served. Trem qi-Zel’Fen was intended to be just such a vessel – originally as a host for an Inspired, and then later as a menial laborer and guardian, he was “liberated” by a force of Dwarves of House Kundarak. Recognizing the craftsmanship of Trem qi-Zel’Fen and its kin, the Dwarves reclaimed the constructs so that their priests of Onatar could examine them and insure that they were not, in fact, Inspired vessels.

Fen, after being studied by the priests of Onatar, was released to the world to wander as a free construct, much the same way warforged are. With little money and less in the way of knowledge of the world, Fen spent much time in the temples of Onatar and among those Kalashtar it could convince to communicate with it. The more it has learned of the quori, the more its curiosity has increased. It decided very quickly that it needed to be able to defend itself, and it also felt a deep mistrust of creatures from the Astral Sea. Given its history, Fen chose to study as an avenger with the priests and Templars of Onatar to expand its skillset and put its unique capabilities to use. It remains unconvinced to this day that anything truly “divine” is affecting its actions or decisions, but empirical evidence indicates that there is power to be channeled, and Fen understands that and can and will use it.

Fen did not exist until just a year before the signing of the Thronehold Treaty. Fen may have existed, as a concept, but not as a physical being with a will and intelligence. Fen has committed itself to discovering more of its origin so it can understand its true place in the world, and set sail with the merchants of the Crimson Wave, originally bound for Q’barra as a final destination, however, work as mercenary and marine takes precedence. Food and shelter is often not a concern for Fen, nor is sleep, but it does need coin in order to operate in society, and has taken very much to acquiring sufficient sums of coin so as to be perfectly inconspicuous.

Personality wise, Fen is a bit of a racist. It doesn’t have a gender, and it finds both genders and physical intimacy strange and unnerving. It refers to itself as an “it” and uses personal pronouns very rarely. Fen has a tendency toward sounding rude, but it’s more a matter of stark observation devoid of emotional context. It finds Eberron and organics fascinating and confounding. The more carnal or bestial a sentient is, the less Fen approves of it. For fen, when logic is so distant from thought or action, it signifies a lack of intelligence, and since intelligence is all it can define itself as, it values intelligence very highly. Fen also finds warforged a touch distasteful in some cases. Warforged are not, Fen perceives, inherently subject to the whims of emotional sentience as organics are, and yet many of them behave in this way. They adopt genders and personalities that reflect those genders, even going so far as to alter their physical units with augmentations to appear more as those genders might. This confuses Fen, and Fen is easily vexed by that which confuses it.

Mechanically:
    Fen’s stat build may seem a touch confusing, but I like to stick with the character thing. Fen is crazy smart. Like, ridiculously smart. I intend to burn a feat or two on skills and power that indicate this. Avengers are already fairly accurate strikers thanks to Oath of Enmity, and his Gouge proficiency gives it a flavorfully weird weapon (I like to think of it as an extension of Fen itself, like it shapes a piece of its shard carapace into a spade-like spear) which works in conjunction with the idea of an alien presence and keeps me equipped for sea-worthy fights without sacrificing much versatility. If Gouge isn’t cool, I’ll kick it over to Greatspear or Tratnyr, though how Tratnyr qualifies as superior just because it’s got more range, I don’t understand. Overall, Fen is built to exploit that intelligence score and make sure his control-based attacks are targeting weak defenses. Avenging Shackles will eventually benefit from the Avenger RBA feat. I’ve always liked Avenging Echo, and I think flavorfully it’s neat. It’s like being adjacent to Fen or trying to stick him activates the magic in his crystals and blasts dudes with radiance. This falls in line with the ability to OE targets harder after having been hit by non-OE targets. Thunder and Echo I like for multi target damage, and it’s party friendly, which is nice. For the record, in dialogue or in-game, you can refer to Fen with a Male pronoun, but when I post IC, I’ll capitalize the Its It’s and It so that it’s easy to differentiate when Fen is speaking about Itself or other objects that qualify for an “it” pronoun.

Appearance:
    Trem qi-Zel’Fen stands at precisely six feet tall, from foot to tip of its head. The crystalline structure the makes up its body is a pale orange in shade, with fits of darker red running through the superstructure, particularly as Fen concentrates more, the red shoots become more prominent and the endless swirling patters within the crystals becomes more violent and agitated. Fen tends toward light, flowy clothing with a desert/middle eastern flair. It keeps its head swaddled in a turban and drapes clothing over itself in a loose and distinct manner. Its clothing is well-made but not finely embroidered or showing any signs of station. The clothing seems to be a concession to “normalcy,” as Fen is fully comfortable without any of it. Fen doesn’t wear shoes or sandals of any kind. The crystals of its body are thicker from its knees down through its feet, which actually are more talon-toed and shaped than humanoid. It has three fingers and a thumb on each hand, and again, its wrist and hand sections are beefier than the rest of it. Its chest cavity isn’t terribly broad, but the crystals are larger and sharper along its back. Its facial structure isn’t as wild and ornate as many other shardminds, with no pseudo nose or ears. It simply has a brow, which is capable of limited expression, two fiercely glowing yellow crystals set into its head as eyes, and a mouthless face. The top of Fen’s head is smooth, but more jagged crystals appear along what would be its “jaw” and run up the side of its head as mutton chops might, cutting back across where its “ears” would be to merge with the more jagged protrusions on its “back.” Fen wears a symbol of Onatar for propriety sake to show allegiance to a church of some kind, but rather than wear it on a chain, Fen has created a recess in his left arm for the symbol and can draw it from there (basically a belt pouch).

Personality and Mannerisms:
    Fen often detaches a crystal from his palm and twirls it between Its fingers when idle, using the shard as a distraction from physicality to allow It time to think. It will levitate the shard into the air and then snap it back into place along various parts of Its appendages, repeating the process. As stated before, It's imperious and a little racist when it comes to organics. Fen clearly thinks It has them all figured out, but they often surprise It. This does not undo the general attitude that organics are given to irrationality and hostility in a way that Fen deems distasteful. Again, since intelligence is all that defines Its existence as sentience and very nearly all that separates it from a bit of pretty rock, It prizes intelligence above everything else.

IC Background:
    “It does not follow the logical necessity of this act. It simply wished to inquire after suitable seafaring transport.”

“Would you please get out of my brain? I have no idea what you are, but I’d appreciate it if you got your ruttin’ thoughts out the way of my own!” The dwarf sea captain stomped his boot in agitation and thrust his stubby finger away westward along the docks, clearly uninterested in anything else Trem qi-Zel’Fen had to “say.”

Fen stared at the captain for a solid minute, unmoving, unflinching, none of the heaving rise and fall of muscle-bound shoulders or barely contained fury on the Captain’s face seeming to have any effect on the shardmind.“It lacks a physical method of vocabulation. Thought transmission is Its only method of communication.” Fen finally projected at the dwarf, then turned on Its heel and strode down the dockside almost imperiously, if one can project emotions onto a living chunk of crystal’s gait. Note to self: increased evidence that short, bearded organics, classified DWARF, outside temple social structure are surly and emotional, Fen thought rigidly. Unpleasant. Generally displeased with telepathic communication. Must seek out human organics for future inquiry of transport. Human organics often equally unpleasant, but more susceptible to influence of currency and ultimately more open to abnormality.

As Trem qi-Zel’Fen rounded a stack of crated supplies, It parted a small contingent of dockworkers without breaking stride or taking notice. One of them, a half-orc with an attitude, made an attempt to impeded Fen’s progress intentionally and, when the shardmind simply shrugged past him, became rather annoyed. “Oy! Glow-face! You some sorta new model clanker? You gots yourself a big fancy citizenship? Ain’t seem to have an ounce of respect in you, you or the tin men, eh? See’s how we can teach ya a lesson about that!”

The dockworkers all nodded and grumbled in agreement as Fen about-faced in single motion. Ignoring the organics would incite their rage and likely stoke further unseemly emotional outbursts. This would not do. Unfortunately, telepathy would just as likely aggravate the situation, but It had no choice, so It opted to attempt communication. Perhaps a broad-spectrum transmission, a “shout” would be less agitating for the dockworkers and may garner the attention of any guards or wardens in the area. “IT INTENDED NO OFFENSE. PLEASE RETURN TO MENIAL TASKS FIT FOR YOUR SIGNIFICANT PHYSICAL CONSTITUTIONS AND LOW INTELLECTUAL CAPACITIES AND BEHAVE AS THOUGH NO TRANSGRESSION OCCURRED.”

The dockworkers, as one, stepped back and their eyebrows all shot up. The half-orc growled, but managed no action before a burly human sailor could step between them. “Lighten up, Frorm. The…gentlemen… was just passing through and you still owe the Wave at least an hour’s worth of loading work for the ale our quartermaster stood you lot last night, yeah?”

The half-orc scowled and turned away, waving off Fen as though providing It permission to leave. Fen catalogued the gesture for future reference, then inclined Its head ever so slightly toward the sailor. “It extends you Its thanks.” Fen projected, touching Its chest slightly with its right hand to indicate self reference. “It seems to offend highly emotional organics at an irrational rate. An altercation would have been undesirable, inefficient, and likely resulted in injury and death for the organics. You referred to a ship – the Wave? Has it need of armed or capable mercenaries for defenses? It wishes to barter passage to the geographical location designated Q’barra. Any nearby area will suffice.”

The sailor nodded, smiling. “That whole telepathy thing is unnerving for the humans.” Fen studied the man more carefully and determined a previous error of calculation was likely – this creature was almost certainly kalashtar. Excellent. They were logical and given to emotion far less. This being could be reasoned with. “The Crimson Wave sets sail for the Lhazaar Provinces soon. The captain always gets edgy when we sail those old pirate tides. He’s been taking on adventurers and mercenaries of a sort. You any good with a spear?”

Fen nodded once, curtly, then extended Its left arm to Its side. The crystalline superstructure detached silently and with a whoosh created a bladed polearm with a long and a simple handle that connected snugly to Fen’s right hand. The shardmind gripped the haft with Its other hand’s digits and assumed a simple fighting stance all in one motion, then retracted and absorbed the shards back into place.

The kalashtar seemed more amused than impressed. Fen instantly began making assumptions about the nature of creatures the organic had been exposed to for so little reaction. Generally, organics were off put by Its use of personal superstructure as weaponry. This one was not. Fen was fascinated as the kalashtar nodded and beckoned the shardmind to follow him. “Well. That is a neat trick. Follow me.”

I've applied to a few PbP here and very briefly ran one before life got in the way. I should be around plenty though, and I really dig Eberron. I ran a game from level 1 up to Paragon on MapTools with some friends in diaspora and ran a game at a physical table for awhile. I wind up DMing largely because I take the time to prepare everything and try to make it look pretty.

No image available yet for Trem qi-Zel'Fen (I wanted a super ridiculous name), because there's a real paucity of good Shardmind pictures. Basically just one or two pictures at all, actually. I'll probably wind up doing one up myself. I hope I didn't go too far off the path with the background. The Eberron Wiki doesn't really mention them, and I thought "Well, since the Quori are already trying to build husks for their Inspired, it seems like trying to build vessels out of Shardminds is a logical step. They just didn't expect a naive spirit from the Astral Sea to slip in there first, but, hey, it'll work as a servitor for awhile." I'm leaving what Fen's purpose in the world is up in the air, but I think there are some good hooks there for his character. Exploring Q'barra, discovering his origin, understanding his connection, if any, to Dol Quor, freeing/finding other Shardminds. Etc. I also had a thought that, if my proposed background isn't too ridiculous, the Dreaming Dark may be continuing their experiments with Shardmind vessels for Inspired.

srboyceboat on
    Picture is Dave Dorman's (http://www.davedorman.com/)
  • wildwoodwildwood Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Aegeri wrote: »
    Skree looks like a very solid concept, though I am wondering about the hospitaller theme and how that relates to his background. It's quite an interesting combination. I like the concept and I'm certain I've seen some more "Tradery" like Warforged around on the net as well.

Yeah, I'm not dead-set on the hospitaller theme, it just seemed like the closest match for his past experience protecting travellers. Do any of the other themes seem like a better fit?

wildwood on
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Okay, here we go;

Obsidian, Razorclaw Shifter

Summary:
    ====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Offline Character Builder & Copy/Paste Shenanigans ======
    Obsidian, level 1
    Razorclaw, Avenger
    Avenger's Censure: Censure of Pursuit
    Background: Lhazaar Principalities (Thievery as a Class Skill)
    Theme: Mercenary

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
    Str 10, Con 10, Dex 18, Int 12, Wis 18, Cha 10.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
    Str 10, Con 10, Dex 16, Int 12, Wis 16, Cha 10.

AC: 17 Fort: 11 Reflex: 15 Will: 15
    HP: 24 Surges: 7 Surge Value: 6

TRAINED SKILLS
    Religion +6, Athletics +5, Perception +9, Thievery +9

UNTRAINED SKILLS
    Acrobatics +6, Arcana +1, Bluff, Diplomacy, Dungeoneering +4, Endurance, Heal +4, History +1, Insight +4, Intimidate, Nature +4, Stealth +6, Streetwise

FEATS
    Level 1: Weapon Proficiency: Great Spear

POWERS
    Avenger at-will 1: Overwhelming Strike
    Avenger at-will 1: Focused Fury
    Channel Divinity: Divine Guidance, Abjure Undead
    Avenger encounter 1: Angelic Alacrity
    Theme Encounter: Takedown Strike
    Racial Encounter: Razorclaw Shifting
    Avenger daily 1: Aspect of Might

ITEMS
    Holy Symbol, Great Spear, Cloth Armor (Basic Clothing), Adventurer's Kit, Climber's Kit, Crossbow (slung), Bolts, 22 gold pieces.

History:
    Obsidian was born to loving parents (a tough but fair mother known as the finest fletcher in the tribe, and an attentive father, formerly a hunting band member but later charged with caring for and raising children after a hunt gone wrong left him crippled) in a small tribe inland of one of the largest islands in the district. Named after the apparent pitch black of his eyes (only a sliver of silver iris shows except at night), he grew up neither the smartest nor the strongest of his pack, but made up for any shortcomings by possessing an unmatched tenacity.

When the Time of Separation arrived and it was his duty to set off into the world as the typical coming of age rite, he bid those he loved farewell and set off into the wilderness. His travels took him island hopping, swiftly giving him an appreciation for the diversity of race, colour and creed represented by the seafaring peoples of the land (err, water).

During one trip beset by horrific storms, Obsidian awoke on sandy beaches strewn with debris, and a smooth cobblestone path leading up to a cloister tucked into the stunted mountains central to the land. There he found refuge, enlightenment and education. Monks following the teachings of Melora embraced him, stating that the sea not claiming him indicated that he was destined to do more before his end. Taking to this calling, he trained his natural skills, agility and reflexes into a finely honed machine during the day and tested his wits philosophically at night. A voracious reader, he took to constructing simple machines as a hobby during downtime, and eventually managed to construct a complex yet resilient method of improving the water distribution system that the cloister survived upon.

When the war came, Obsidian chose it as an indicator that the world had changed course, and that it was time for him to bid his adopted family goodbye. Rejoining the vastness of society took some acclimation, but before long he was employed in the military of his people's prince. Seeing heated action, his skills, training and mettle were finally tested in the fires of conflict, and he came out of the war with a heightened connection between his faith and his duties.

As the sea faring Principalities returned to more or less business as usual, Obsidian found himself in need of work to support himself and send what little he could now and then back to his clan.

Mechanically:
    Designed specifically for latching onto an enemy and using shifts/slides to follow and place them in opportune positions for the groups other strikers or Defender to help whittle it down. Originally I was going to go with a Great Axe as a weapon, but the mechanical advantages of reach, a weapon just as useful underwater as above it, and potentially a tool in a variety of situations (I assume that for simplicity the weapon being 6-7 feet'ish will be workable even in most indoor settings while still having sufficient reach to justify, well... actual Reach?)

Appearance:
    Over six feet tall standing fully erect, Obsidian will naturally lounge and lope about in a stance that puts him closer to the ground. Catlike agility and short but functional claws allow him to maneuver about cities, ships and catacombs with grace, and his training/natural gifts allow him to put himself in places the enemy most certainly does not want him to be.

Aside from the details of his namesake eyes, he has a lithe, lean build covered with long chestnut brown hair.

Obsidian is somewhat quiet and reserved for a Razorclaw; focusing his more ferocious nature tightly into whatever he has set his sights on; figuring out a new mechanism, pursuing a fleeing target, or merely drinking in the sights and sounds of a new locale. In preparation for battle he will be found smoothing out any nicks in the haft of his great spear, and will carving finely detailed tales of his exploits into the wood during downtime.

As previously noted, I'm not currently playing in any 4E games (Maptools group is on outside of game drama based hiatus, not participating in any pbp anywhere currently) and would love to get involved in a community game like this.

I enjoyed writing up the character; as noted I usually find/put myself in the Leader or Defender role (one of my favourite 4E characters is a Cleric/Paladin hybrid) and figured that a raw striker would be a fun change of pace. I strove to avoid some of the common (in my experience) tropes of character creation; less focused on "omg tragedy!" and more on simply a person engaging in a period of travel, reflection and experience that carried him about as waves on the ocean might.

Hopefully everything is correct; any discrepancies between the data above and the online version are likely due to updates made while typing this out and a mistake in follow-up updates to the Orokos / Forum version.

Edit: Also, I am admittedly not very well versed in D&D lore. Never got into any of the novels, haven't really perused much of the fluff overall, so apologies for any handwaving involved. "Some prince" and the like are merely included as I didn't want to start writing large swathes of regional history as a newcomer.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    TheBog wrote: »
    Hey, Anialos. What's up with the Distracting Squawk ability for Kraka? Are there additional abilities in places other than Dragon 399 that I can pick from? I don't think any of the animals have an ability that gives you CA as a free action. Or are we allowed to pitch ideas for custom abilities? <3
    I think that he made that one up himself actually, looking at it the mechanical balance is certainly fine and so I would definitely allow it. I'll have more comments later when I am not busy making DINNER.

Yups. Made a custom change to the ravens ability. Thanks for the approval Aegeri! I'll edit into his character sheet.

Anialos on
  • MaxFrostMaxFrost Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I've updated Seshuna. Apparently I don't know how to really build Sorcerers. I have since rectified that. I'm happy with his power and stat layout, and probably won't be messing with it again. Though I did change his dragon breath (and soul) to Lightning.

MaxFrost on
  • wildwoodwildwood Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    wildwood wrote: »

Yeah, I'm not dead-set on the hospitaller theme, it just seemed like the closest match for his past experience protecting travellers. Do any of the other themes seem like a better fit?

For characters that are making a change in their lives, should the chosen theme reflect more where they've been, or where they're going? Skree used to provide protection for people, and focused on keeping the fleshies intact, so hospitaller made sense for that, but it doesn't make sense for him going forward. Though it could be something that he continues doing out of habit and friendliness.

The non-combat features of Guttersnipe seem suited to where he's headed, maybe something more like a "Trader Merchant" theme. A Merchant could have an initial ability that just provided a static boost to Insight and/or Streetwise, or maybe a Daily power that gives a larger boost to one or both of those for five minutes.

Does either of those seem more workable?

wildwood on
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Alhuun "Shorthorn", Minotaur Monk

Summary
    Alhuun Shorthorn, level 1
    Minotaur, Monk
    Monastic Tradition: Centered Breath
    Background: Minotaur - Silenced Beast, Ostracized, Talenta Plains (+2 to Athletics)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
    Str 13, Con 10, Dex 18, Int 10, Wis 16, Cha 8.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
    Str 11, Con 10, Dex 18, Int 10, Wis 14, Cha 8.

AC: 16 Fort: 13 Reflex: 15 Will: 14
    HP: 22 Surges: 8 Surge Value: 5

TRAINED SKILLS
    Athletics +8, Religion +5, Perception +10, Insight +8

UNTRAINED SKILLS
    Acrobatics +4, Arcana, Bluff -1, Diplomacy -1, Dungeoneering +3, Endurance, Heal +3, History, Intimidate -1, Nature +5, Stealth +4, Streetwise -1, Thievery +4

FEATS
    Level 1: Stalwart Sentinel

POWERS
    Monk at-will 1: Steel Wind
    Monk at-will 1: Crane's Wings
    Monk encounter 1: Laughing Wind
    Monk daily 1: Masterful Spiral

ITEMS
    Monk Unarmed Strike, Cloth Armor (Basic Clothing), Adventurer's Kit, Climber's Kit, Silk Rope (50 ft.), Crowbar
    ====== Copy to Clipboard and Press the Import Button on the Summary Tab ======

Background - Warning, this is long
    Alhuun remembers little of his early childhood, save growing up with his older brother, Talros. Talros told him stories of their clan, nestled in a labyrinthine cave system in the Endworld Mountains. As a young man, Talros killed the chief's son (a rival of his) in a somewhat minor dispute. As punishment, his family was to be killed, as to set an example that murder (accidental or not) was unacceptable in any way. Their father urged Talros to flee with his younger brother in the night, that they might have a chance to live, and that he and his mother would accept the punishment alone. Talros never told him what happened during his escape, but it was quite apparent he was deeply shamed by his disgrace.

Life in the Talenta Plains was nothing too strenuous, nor was it easy. The brothers never really settled down in one area, traversing the plains and trading what they could with some of the nomadic halfling groups. Scavenging some of the ruins in the Blade Desert for was not an uncommon occurrence for Talros, once Alhuun had reached an age where he could see to himself for a day or two. Ofttimes he would return with nothing, but on occasion something more valuable was found, and often bartered with the halflings for some clothing or machinations used to create fire.

When Alhuun was old enough to learn, Talros taught him anything he could. Most of it was combat-oriented, but there was a dabbling of what he had learned from the tribe regarding some of the various gods, their squabbling, and what they stood for. Alhuun caught on to the combat training well and easily, proving to be a worthy fighter even at half his brother's size.

A time came when the brothers were heading to what they knew as a frequent campsite of the halflings to do some trading, when they found anarchy. Flies buzzing over the and feasting upon the bodies of the entire halfling tribe. Any and all bits of clothing and trinkets were gone, but at the perimeter of the camp there were more obvious signs of fighting. Whatever had done this had overridden the guards and stormed into the camp, slaying anything they could without discrimination. There were bodies of several small, green creatures he had come to know as goblins. These halflings weren't their friends, by any means, but nor were they enemies. They did not deserve this fate. Nothing deserved this fate. Talros stooped down and cradled the body of an infant halfling and howled in fury. Tears streaming down his face, he looked at Alhuun, "How could they? Children, brother! Children!" He set the child down, regained his poise and stood up. "Help me bury them. It is the least we can do." Hours passed, with the brothers wordlessly digging individual graves for each of the 2 dozen or so tiny forms, placing them in the holes with care. It was dusk when the task was complete.

They made some distance from the holocaust to set up their own sparse lodging for the evening. Not a word was spoken between the brothers for hours. It seemed silently mourning was good enough for Talros, and Alhuun simply accepted his brother's choice. Upon waking and breaking camp, as they were about to head deeper into the hills, Alhuun suddenly stopped in his track. He still does not know exactly how, or why, but that is when it set upon him. A tremendous fury billowed up from the recesses of his mind, and all he could see in front of him was the need to mete out vengeance. He looked at his brother as he clenched his teeth, "I...Brother...they must pay. Who is to say these goblins do not find us one night when we are sleeping, and they do the same to us? Certainly there is something we can do to stop the-"

"Your words are my thoughts, Brother," interrupted Talros. "These filthy creatures must be ended. May Dol Dorn aid us in our vengeance, and Dol Arrah see us through. Shall we train, or shall we hunt?"

The anger seething inside Alhuun had subsided some, but it was still at the front of his mind. "How do we find them?" he growled, clenching his teeth.

"I can track anything, Brother. Stay close."

It was near midday when they spotted the tell-tale signs of the raiding party. Smoke billowing from a large central campfire, small tents propped up haphazardly around it, and a dozen or so goblins roasting meat on spits. Talros motioned for Alhuun to come closer, and the two took a vantage point atop an outcropping where they could get a good view. "Savages. They're...they're eating them!" It was clear Talros was battling with an anger he thought impossible, but there it was. "We end this, now, Brother. I know you feel the same anger I do. Now is the time to embrace it! Let it flow through you! Let it guide your horns and fists and hooves! Let it strengthen your resolve, and empower your blows! Let it surge within you!" he ended with a roar, the hair on his back bristling. The two were taking enormous strides down the hill in their shared ferocity, chewing up huge lengths of grass with each. They were on the goblins within seconds, most of them taken completely by surprise. He succumbed to the anger, letting it control him and take its course.

He awoke from his rage fugue some time later, covered in lacerations, burns and blood. Much of the blood was not his own, but his wounds were staggering. He frantically looked about him, unsure if danger was still nearby. Nothing moved. The fire was nothing but smoldering coals, emitting stench foul enough to churn his stomach. There were two dead goblins half-buried in the embers, certainly the cause of the rank odor. Suddenly, it dawned on him. Nothing else was moving. He had to find Talros. Nothing was more important. He scoured the campsite, and finally, when all seemed lost, he found a trail of hoofprints leading into the copse of trees nearby. Not wanting to alert any more goblins should they be nearby, he followed the trail as quietly as he could. There! Leaning up against a tree, his back toward Alhuun, he could make out the shape of his brother. He dashed to his side as fast as his battered body would allow.

"Brother! Are you-" he could see, even before he finished his question, the answer to it. He fell to his knees in grief, tears welling up in his eyes.

"I'm...afraid not, Brother. Th..they...my lung. Can't...breathe." Talros struggled terribly with those words. Blood oozed from countless wounds on his body, and the haft of a spear was broken off inches from below his left breast. It was a miracle he had survived as long as he had.

"Brother...please..." he sobbed, unable to force more words from his throat. He kneeled there, sobbing wordlessly for some time, embracing his brother in his last moments.

"You...'ve...done well, Bro...ther..." were Talros' last words. There was not a sound in the trees save Alhuun's cries through the night.

The sun rose, Alhuun awoke next to the still slumped corpse of his brother, and his mind was filled with a new purpose. This anger his brother had so trusted had failed him. He had failed him. His clan, the gods, had failed him. He carried his brother's body to the outcropping, and buried him there. Upon the grave he placed a pile of rocks, and on the top stone he wrote one word: Warrior. He longingly parted with the grave, resolving to not return until he had conquered his shortcomings. He walked into the goblin camp, picked up one of their tiny axes, and hacked his horns down to stumps. He denounced the gods that had so forsaken him and his brother, and decided he would follow his inner path. He would become great, not by possessing kingdoms or owning vast stores of wealth, but by becoming one with himself.

In the following years, he had come to understand more of himself. He conquered his rage with the power his brother had nurtured within him, and he had ascended beyond what his body should be capable of. He heard tales of a great body of water so vast you could not see the end of it, and his mind compelled him to find it. Lhazaar, he was told, lay to the Northeast. Water always fascinated him. He found its motion and sounds easy to connect with. They let him look inward much easier. His path would take him across the Ironroot and the Hoarfrost mountains, meeting many strange travelers along the way. He heard tales of "boats", seemingly impossible objects made of wood and iron that floated on the water, run by men who loved nothing more than the open water. This, he decided, is how he would find himself. Surely nothing could be as serene as traversing the water on a ship.

He couldn't have been more wrong, and he couldn't have cared any less. He found his height, eyesight and ability to navigate rigging networks perfect for crow's nest work, and the solitude it brought him was as welcome as his brother's voice.

Appearance
    Short and slim for a Minotaur, but also completely unaware of it (or simply doesn't care), Alhuun is covered from hoof to neck in a very light, pale brown colored hair (think palomino), his face mostly white with a smattering of dots of the same brown as the rest of his body. He wears a simple linen tunic and loose-fitting breeches. He has fashioned for himself small leather catches for the cleft in his hooves, so as to not get rigging lines caught in them. Two small leather straps are tightly wound around his hands, to let him slide down line without burning his palms, and he also finds they protect his knuckles a bit from the jaws of those who cross his or his friends' path. His horns are cut down to mere inches, and Alhuun seems to prefer it this way. This practice has earned him the nickname "Shorthorn", or worse, but it doesn't bother him.

Mannerisms and Personality
    While he seems aloof much of the time, Alhuun is very astute and protective of those he cares for. Many people are amazed at his calmness. He is nigh imperturbable, but is quick to defend himself or his crew if attacked or threatened. He very often seeks isolation to reflect upon his past, his future, and what lies between him and enlightenment, but has no issues sharing a meal or stories with others. He is not very good with words, leaving his actions to speak for him.

Miscellaneous info
    Alhuun will never write a word on any surface again. Part of his inner turmoil at the death of his brother, and to honor his life, was that the last word he wrote would be for him.
    I downplayed the journey between the plains and Lhazaar a bit, but the silencing of his inner beast was not something extremely difficult for him. Also, I left everything about his clan completely unwritten and unknown for future intrigue possibilities.
    I took the Wasteland Nomad theme, thinking its core philosophies and histories could be applied to anyone who grew up in the wilderness. Obviously the Talenta Plains are not a "wasteland" per se, but he is definitely nomadic, and nothing else seemed to fit, conceptually.
    It has been 12 years or so since Talros' death.

Pinfeldorf on
    edited June 2011
    Zinaia: I think that character fits a pretty solid theme - the sort of burly first mate sort actually. A good solid striker for the party is also a very good thing as well (and you don't get more solid than Rangers).

Arannis: A classic Eladrin Mage type build, but I am quite interested to see how the necromancer goes in play. I will point out that this campaign hasn't got a huge focus on undead, so you won't need to be incredibly concerned about necrotic resistance. I like the background and theme as well.

Trem qi-Zel’Fen: I actually really like the background you've created for the character and I think it makes much better sense than just "Warforged, but psionic". So major props for that and the future potential plot concepts that I can use from there - especially if the campaign does go long term - are excellent. Although I do have major antagonists in mind, like with my other game I also like to have minor antagonists as well (for example, in Dark Prophecy I've just introduced the Emerald Claw into the plot).

Obsidian: That's an interesting build and going for a spear can't hurt either. Especially with how useful spears are in the game. Don't worry about having a more general background, so long as it provides me guidance in the sort of plot threads that might appeal to your character is just as useful as a more directly specific one.

Alhuun: I like the detailed background and motivation you've provided for being on the open seas. I would possibly assume your character is from Droaam? Monks are a great class and have some considerable mobility.

I will say at this point there is now some particularly dense competition occurring in the striker category for this game

Seshuna: I quite approve of the background and because I feel like it, I *might* suggest Q'barra may be a place we are visiting in the theoretical future of this game. One thing I will point out mechanically is that you have a lightning based breath weapon. This means that draconic spellcaster won't do you a lot of good, because all of your other powers are fire based! This means you won't be getting either the attack or damage bonus to your powers. So if you've taken this for your expertise feat, then you've actually meant that it won't work.

Aegeri on
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Not Droaam, but perhaps his clan migrated from there to Endworld because they didn't like its anarchic nature.

Pinfeldorf on
    edited June 2011
    I dropped draconic spellcaster for Ancient Soul. For some reason bonuses weren't getting added even when things were supposed to, so I just dumped it for a boost to defenses and a way to recharge my lightning breath if some fool were to tag me with lightning damage.

MaxFrost on
  • b0b52000b0b52000 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Er, I'm completely new to pbp, but I have played DND before and I'm really interested in trying one out here. I'll make a character and hope for the best! It looks sorta like we need some sort of cleric-y person anyways.

b0b52000 on
    edited June 2011
    Second Application: Leader

Thistix Rawn, Genasi Warlord

Summary:
    ====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Offline Character Builder & Copy/Paste Shenanigans ======
    Obsidian, level 1
    Causticsoul Genesi, Warlord
    Skirmisher Archer Build
    Background: Lhazaar Principalities (+2 to Athletics)
    Theme: Scholar

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
    Str 18, Con 12, Dex 10, Int 18, Wis 12, Cha 8.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
    Str 16, Con 12, Dex 10, Int 16, Wis 12, Cha 8.

AC: 17 Fort: 15 Reflex: 14 Will: 12
    HP: 24 Surges: 8 Surge Value: 6

TRAINED SKILLS
    Athletics +10, Diplomacy +4, Heal +6, History +9,

UNTRAINED SKILLS
    Acrobatics -1, Arcana +4, Bluff -1, Dungeoneering +1, Endurance +2, Insight +1, Intimidate -1, Nature +3, Perception +1, Religion +4, Stealth -1, Streetwise -1, Thievery -1
    Languages: Common, Primordial, Elven

FEATS
    Level 1: Lend Might

POWERS
    Warlord at-will 1: Direct the Strike
    Warlord at-will 1: Paint the Bulls-Eye
    Warlord encounter 1: Race the Arrow
    Theme Encounter: Use Vulnerability
    Racial Encounter: Acid Surge
    Warlord daily 1: Relentless Wounding

ITEMS
    Hide Armor, Longbow, Arrows (60), Adventurer's Kit, Dagger, Standard Identification Papers, Silver Chain & Small Pendant (worth 20 gold)

History:
    Thistix was born during a time of upheaval in his community; infighting just shy of a town based civil war was building, and decades later had barely relented. Like most long running feuds, blood was shed, retribution was found, and nothing resembling an end was in sight when the Last War erupted, forcing people to put their differences aside to answer a common foe. Most able bodied men and women followed whatever calling suited them, many enlisting as naval specialists in their Princes' navy, using their natural skills to act as spies, saboteurs, and flanking cavalry.

Thistix himself joined the front lines, a natural affinity for leading men and women into battle surfacing quickly. Losses hit him hard, and when hostilities ceased he quietly accepted an honourable discharge and took up a career as an explorer and archaeologist. His close affinity to the water allowed him to investigate deep caverns, explore ship wrecks and cities claimed by erosion and disaster without the typical limits or magical support many would need. Leading coastal dredging and cargo recovery when times were tough, he made many contacts, legitimate and otherwise.

The silver necklace was given to him by a woman under his command whom he loved dearly. Her death in the line of duty hit him particularly hard, and he considers the keepsake among his most treasured possessions.

Mechanically:
    Built to act as ranged support, abilities were chosen more to enhance the group's purpose built strikers, heal and buff in general. I pondered going with a Crossbow instead of a Longbow to avoid the underwater penalties, but they don't seem to work with all the Warlord Archer features, so it seemed simpler to just stick with the intended weapon type.

Appearance:
    Lightly tanned seafoam green skin (though he spends a great deal of time on the water, much of it is spent deep enough that he isn't quite as dark as many who sail the seas and work the coasts), he possessses an intricate pattern of aquamarine and amethyst lines glow softly all over his body. His dark green hair is kept fairly short, and his eyes are the deep grey of storm clouds at sea.

Thistix's moods and temperament can be described as intellectual and reserved. He stands by his friends and family, and his time spent in the military abolished whatever lingering resentments he might've held towards others in his community, though distance and time away have played a part in that as well. Smarter than many might assume (muscularly built as he is from years of hard work above and below the surface), he's happy to let others underestimate him to gain an advantage.

Forar on
    edited June 2011
    Havrak, Kalashtar cleric

Summary:
    Kalashtar, Cleric
    Build: Devoted Cleric
    Kalashtar Option: Arcana Bonus
    Disbeliever (+2 to Insight)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
    STR 11, CON 10, DEX 14, INT 10, WIS 18, CHA 16

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
    STR 11, CON 10, DEX 14, INT 10, WIS 16, CHA 14

AC: 14 Fort: 10 Ref: 12 Will: 16
    HP: 22 Surges: 7 Surge Value: 5

TRAINED SKILLS
    Arcana +7, Heal +9, Insight +13, Religion +5

UNTRAINED SKILLS
    Acrobatics +2, Athletics +0, Bluff +3, Diplomacy +3, Dungeoneering +4, Endurance +0, History +0, Intimidate +3, Nature +4, Perception +4, Stealth +2, Streetwise +3, Thievery +2

POWERS
    Kalashtar Racial Power: Bastion of Mental Clarity
    Cleric Feature: Divine Fortune
    Cleric Feature: Healer's Mercy
    Cleric Utility: Healing Word
    Cleric Attack 1: Lance of Faith
    Cleric Attack 1: Storm Hammer
    Cleric Attack 1: Healing Strike
    Cleric Attack 1: Astral Condemnation

FEATS
    Level 1: Group Mindlink

ITEMS
    Ritual Book
    Gentle Repose
    Quarterstaff x1
    Leather Armor x1
    Staff Implement
    Adventurer's Kit
    ====== End ======

Background:
    Havrak was a young man from Sharn who yearned for more from his life. A trader from birth, his family made up of sailors, he had heard tales of the Kalashtar fighters in Sarlona. Their mysterious nature had intrigued him, and he took a year of leave, much to the dismay of his father, to search for them. He traveled to Sarlona, by ship and landed in Riedra, mistaking the inspired for the noble Kalashtar, he enlisted in their garrison hoping to one day gain a bond with one of the Quori. He was instead sent on a raid to Arda, as they approached the battlefield it became clear he had been tricked. The Riedrarians stealing months of his life from him, he cursed his god for playing such a cruel trick on him and as the battle started, he attacked his own ranks in a rage. After the battle the Kalashtar thanked him for his help and offered to accept him as a disciple of the path of light.

Eventually he completed their training, and was bonded with one of the few remaining noble Quori. His bond accentuating his native traders tounge, and manifesting themselves in the way of healing and retribution. He spent a few more years under their teachings before being sent out to investigate inspired activity in the rest of Khovaire he sailed to Sharn, towards the end of the last war. He searched for his parents only to be found that his father had been killed during a pirate raid on his trading ship. The path dictated justice, but he was bound by his teachers to search for inspired influences.

As luck would have it, the Kalashtar leaders in Sharn directed him to the Lhazaar Principalities, investigating an inspired influence over the princes was his new directive. It was common knowledge that many of the pirates had originated from there, and he hoped that his new trail would lead him to bring about justice for his father, only of course, if the path allowed it.

With a new mission, he found himself on the crimson wave, and his journey was about to enter its most dangerous phase.

Appearance:
    Havrak is typical for a Kalshtar, his human features shifted by the bonding, his angular face now resembling more that of an elf than a human. His eyes were now two dim glowing orbs of hazel, though his skin tone has gone unchanged, bronze from his days as a child spent on the sea with his father, paled slightly by his time in Adra. His dark hair kept short, as it had been when he was a human.

Mannerisms and Personality:
    Havrak's mental state has been unhinged by the bonding, the Quori's presence in his mind constantly leaving him in awkward situations where his inner conversation expels into vocalized speech. He spends much of his alone time meditating rather than reading or sleeping as many do to relax, practicing the path of light as a way to keep his mind focused and stable. Though intruding on someones mind was frowned upon in Adra, it is now one of main tools to decipher the intentions of those he deals with. Though, he is reluctant to have a conversation with anyone else in their mind, one voice intruding on his thoughts enough.

Info on me:
    I have never played a PbP before, and I've been out of irl D&D for a year or so, I've only ever played fourth edition, but I loved the RP aspect of it all. I've never done an Ebberon game, but I'm willing to read up on anything that would help me progress in the game. The info for this character came almost directly from here : http://eberron.wikia.com/wiki/Kalashtar , so I don't know if it's all correct. If there is anything that I should change I'm more than willing to do so. I'm on Penny arcade mainly for the comic, and this is my first foray into the forums. But I've always been curious. I would really love to play this game, but I understand if you're not looking for someone quite as new as I am. I appreciate your time reading through it nonetheless.

If anyone else has any pointers for me, I'd really appreciate them! Thanks!

b0b52000 on
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So, I haven't made very many 4th Edition characters; let me know if I fucked this up (either in a "you aren't allowed to do that" way, or in a "you really shouldn't do that, you're going to die horribly" way.

I borrowed the player's guide to Eberron from a friend, and I'm not intimately familiar with the world, so let me know if any of my background doesn't work, too. I'm also not playing in any other PbP games.

Gerdan Soldorak, Dwarf Invoker

Character sheet

(I took the Mariner background and "Athletics" as the skill, even though it technically doesn't offer that, because I think it's kind of ridiculous that that background doesn't allow you to take/be better at swimming. Let me know if that's not okay).

Background
    Gerdan has spent his life as an outcast. Born in the holdings of clan Soldorak, his parents got a surprise, as their son had a large Dragonmark on his head: not the traditional mark of warding of Clan Kundarak, though; the mark of House Medani, the half-elves of Breland. Made fun of and mistrusted for his entire life, Gerdan found most of his solace in religion. Studying religious texts, he came to believe that he was touched by the Blood of Vol, and destined for greatness. And given the manifestations of his abilities, he seems to be correct (at least about the "touched" part). As you can imagine, this did not make him any more popular in the very Sovereign-Host-centric dwarven lands.

As soon as he became old enough, he left the holds of his clan, to find his fortune elsewhere; his family was only too happy to see him go, as he made most of them uncomfortable. Initially headed west (finding work where he could as a guide and caravan guard), after a few years of running into the same sort of mistrust and dislike in the Five Kingdoms (especially from the members of House Medani), he decided to try east, to the lands of the Lhazaar Principalities.

Gerdan now considers Lhazaar something of a second homeland, as there are many more followers of the Blood of Vol here than there are in the Five Kingdoms, and he finds them much more accepting of his abilities and beliefs. Since venturing to Lhazaar, Gerdan has bounced around several ships, and signed on to the Crimson Wave a couple of voyages ago. He is the ship's junior navigator, and when traveling through particularly difficult seas, uses his spellcasting ability to get the ship through.

The only family member Gerdan keeps in regular contact with is his sister, Wulgara, who was one of his few friends growing up. As much as he pretends to dislike his homelands, Gerdan obviously misses them, and clearly still feels a great loyalty to the clan he left behind.

Appearance
    Gerdan is a large, dark-skinned dwarf with a bald head, sharp nose, and a long, black, braided beard. He has never been able to grow hair on his head, and his most obvious feature is the dragon mark which begins across his eyes, and moves across the top and back of his head. He wears chainmail with a symbol of the Blood of Vol prominently featured on the chest, with a few clan symbols dyed on the arms and shoulders. Generally, he carries a warhammer, and a couple of short harpoons, as well as an intricately-carved, crimson rod that he uses for spellcasting.

Personality and Mannerisms
    Gerdan is probably best described as "gruff." He tends to mistrust people, and keep them at a distance. He also tends towards what he refers to as "quiet observation," but what others might call "brooding." However, anytime there's an opportunity to try something new, or go somewhere off-vessel, he is the first one to volunteer, and if there is some disagreement as to whether or not some lead should be followed or something new tried, he will usually advocate for it (if he speaks up at all).

Not entirely accurate portrait:
    Dwarf1.jpg

Thanatos on
  • Ace JonAce Jon Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Arannis: A classic Eladrin Mage type build, but I am quite interested to see how the necromancer goes in play. I will point out that this campaign hasn't got a huge focus on undead, so you won't need to be incredibly concerned about necrotic resistance. I like the background and theme as well.

Would you suggest changing this, then? After being a DM so long, I tried to pick the most flavourful feat rather than the best technical one. I'll definitely change it if it means more chance of playing though - I've never done a PbP before but after lurking on many of the games being played, I really want to try.

Ace Jon on
    Yours truly, Ace Jon.
    edited June 2011
    Meriele is also a solid character concept as well and has quite an open source for motivation. I can't see if you've picked a theme for your character Matev? You can do that for free remember :)

Wasn't quite sure where themes came in (Never dealt with them before myself) and I'm not seeing where they are in the CB...

Matev on
    Hail Hydra
    edited June 2011
    Havrak, Kalashtar Cleric

Summary:
    Kalashtar, Cleric

FINAL ABILITY SCORES

STARTING ABILITY SCORES

TRAINED SKILLS

UNTRAINED SKILLS
    Acrobatics +2, Athletics +0, Bluff +3, Diplomacy +3, Dungeoneering +4, Endurance +0, History +0, Intimidate +3, Nature +4, Perception +4, Stealth +2, Streetwise +3, Thievery +2

POWERS

FEATS

ITEMS
    Ritual Book
    Gentle Repose
    Quarterstaff x1
    Leather Armor x1
    Staff Implement
    Adventurer's Kit
    ====== End ======

Background:
    Havrak was a trader by birth, his family made up of sailors who lived on the sea. Their residence was in Sharn, a place bustling with ships and trade, and Havrak spent his youth on the docks and on decks with his father. He grew up curious to all things mysterious, but most of all, to the Quori stories. When he grew old enough, he took a year of leave from his trader duties to go and look for the Kalashtar, who he was told lived in Sarlona.

When he arrived there he landend in Riedra, where he mistook the inspired for the Kalashtar. He joined ranks with their guard immediately, his sergeant assuring him this would be the only way to achieve being bonded with a Quori. Instead of policing the streets, he was sent on a raid to nearbry Adar. When his unit began to pilleage a hamlet, he realized what he had done, and started to attack his own. Watching, were the Kalashtar, who picked that moment to retaliate. After the battle, they offered Havrak a spot in their order.

He spent the next few years learning the sciences behind the path of light, learning how to hone his body in preparation for the bonding. After years of study, he was deemed ready and was bonded with one of the few "good" Quori. Taking up the mantle to route out evil and defeat the inspired in all of their endeavors. His powers manifested themselves in a knack for healing and retribution, accenting his former physical prowess to put him just over average strength. He was dispatched to return to Sharn and meet with the Kalashtar leaders there, in order to battle inspired plots and schemes in Khovaire.

Upon his return, he found that his father had been killed by pirates in one of the last great raids of the last war. His honor bound duty to dispatch evil had taken a personal turn. He stayed in Sharn for a few more years, before he was assigned a new mission.

As luck would have it, he was sent to the Lhazaar Principalities, where there were rumors of inspired influence amongst the kings. This was a chance for him to settle ancient, and recent debts they owed. His quest was about to enter it's hardest phase as he found himself on the Crimson Wave, ready to find his father's killer, and snuff out any inspired plot he found.

Appearance:
    Havrak's bonding process altered his former human looks, giving him the distinct angular features of A Kalashtar, their glowing eyes, and darker skin. His only outstanding feature being his short cropped hair, atypical for the standard Kalashtar. Standing at average height and build, he did not stick out in a crowd too much so long as his eyes weren't staring back at the observer.

The bonding unhinged Havrak's mind somewhat, and he is forced to constantly meditate and practice physical patterns in order to keep his mind focused. Sometimes his bonding is mistaken for schizophrenia as he sometimes forget to not vocalize the conversations in his head. His Telepathy was something that was looked down on in Abra, though he now uses it as his main tool to decipher people's intentions. He is leery of using it for communication, though he can, preferring to actually talk with those around him, one voice in his mind is already too much.

Info on me
    I'm not new to D&D, though I've only ever played fourth edition, I am new to PbP however. I've never done one, but I've always thought it could be a great opportunity to really flesh out the characters, a chance I noticed was a little hard to do in RL D&D. I'm not currently playing a RL D&D, and I'm new to Ebberon also, but I really like it, I'm looking forward to what this adventure could mean, as well as how a PbP would play out. Hopefully I'm not "too" new to be used here, it looks really fun, but I would understand. I'm on PA mainly for the comic, and this is my first trip into the forums, and I am excited about it. I really appreciate the time to look over my character, which I'm not really sure I did correctly, if you notice any problems please let me know. I'll change them however is needed. Thank you for the consideration!

If anyone else sees something wrong with how I did it, or if I messed up somehow, please tell me, I'm always open to opinions and help!

b0b52000 on
    edited June 2011
    Uh, I may have accidentally posted twice, but I'm not sure, I'm new to the forums, I can't see either post, but I'm assuming they'll be there. If I did, I'll delete one, sorry to break up the flow here, I'm learning!

b0b52000 on
    edited June 2011
    b0b52000 wrote: »
    Uh, I may have accidentally posted twice, but I'm not sure, I'm new to the forums, I can't see either post, but I'm assuming they'll be there. If I did, I'll delete one, sorry to break up the flow here, I'm learning!
    If you included links in your posts, it's possible they got caught in the spam filter. A moderator should be approving them shortly.

Thanatos on
    edited June 2011
    Thanks, I included one to the wiki page I used, that might be it, sorry about that guys.

b0b52000 on
  • Toxin01Toxin01 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Summary: Gremnsar, Halfling Bard Alchemist (I run a game for my IRL friends, been going on about two years. I've never actually played a game of D&D before, so this would be great for me .)
    Halfling, Bard
    Bardic Virtue Option: Virtue of Prescience

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
    STR 10, CON 14, DEX 12, INT 14, WIS 11, CHA 18

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
    STR 10, CON 14, DEX 10, INT 14, WIS 11, CHA 16

AC: 17 Fort: 12 Ref: 14 Will: 15
    HP: 26 Surges: 9 Surge Value: 6

TRAINED SKILLS
    Arcana +7, Athletics +4, Bluff +11, Diplomacy +9, Intimidate +9

UNTRAINED SKILLS
    Acrobatics +3, Dungeoneering +1, Endurance +2, Heal +1, History +3, Insight +1, Nature +1, Perception +1, Religion +3, Stealth +1, Streetwise +5, Thievery +3

POWERS
    Halfling Racial Power: Second Chance
    Bard Feature: Majestic Word
    Bard Feature: Words of Friendship
    Bard Attack 1: Cutting Words
    Bard Attack 1: Vicious Mockery
    Bard Attack 1: Fast Friends
    Bard Attack 1: Satire of Fortune
    Starting Feature: Alchemist feat gained as a bonus feat, automatically know how to make Alchemist's Fire. Each short rest can make 1 alchemical item for free that you know the formula of.

FEATS
    Level 1: Halfling Fast Talk

ITEMS
    Ritual Book
    Chainmail x1
    Adventurer's Kit
    Short sword x1
    Light Shield x1
    Wand Implement

====== End ======

Background:
    Gremnsar, or Grem to his friends, is a simple bard. Previously, he ran a small inn in the city of Sharn known as the Whitestep Inn, a place for the adventurers he so admired to gather and swap tales as he kept drinks flowing and stomachs full. He never married, and has no strong family ties to speak of, and has chosen to involve himself little in adventuring until this point, learning a few simple songs and spells from passerbys in his inn. After an unexplained and unresolved case of Arson, most likely caused by a drunken wizard or two who quickly fled the scene, he lost his inn, and his main source of income and living. He packed up what he could carry on his back, and decided to take up his dream of becoming a hero of sorts. He quickly found himself serving on the Crimson Wave, keeping up spirits with the tender songs he learned from his time running his Inn. (Sorry for such little backstory, I'm not to great at writing up guys).

Picture
    Bard_by_AIBryce.jpg

Appearance:
    Gremnsar stands at about an average height for a halfling, 4'1. He sports an oversized chain vest wrapped and held together with various dress belts of varying colors, with short brown hair cropped close to his rather large forehead. His build is seemingly less than athletic and more lanky, his limbs seeming a bit to long for his small, child-like body. He carries a short sword on his side and a shield on his back, with a rather poor looking wand dangling from a leather satchel on his side. He seems to be in great spirits, excited at the prospect of finally fulfilling his dream of adventuring.

I'm willing to fill out other roles if needed, I just would really like to get in on a D&D game. Thanks <3

Toxin01 on
    Aiden Baail: Level 1 Swordmage: 19 AC 14 Fort 15 Ref 13 Will (Curse Of The Black Pearls)
    GM: Rusty Chains (DH Ongoing)
    edited June 2011
    Thanatos: looks good, the only iffy choice might be Grasping Shards.

MaxFrost on
    edited June 2011
    MaxFrost wrote: »
    Thanatos: looks good, the only iffy choice might be Grasping Shards.
    Really? Area-affect slow, while not fantastic, seems like it would frequently be good for battlefield control.

Especially underwater, where movement is difficult, anyhow.

Thanatos on
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Grasping Shards looks like a good controller power with a guaranteed non-saving slow on hit and an AOE (which means it's also a minion-popper). If someone in the party also plans to pick up the feats which key of slowed/immobilized enemies then the party can have a field day.

Everything else looks good, though you do seem to be missing your armor/weapon listed in your equipment section even if the bonuses are already noted on the sheet.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
    edited June 2011
    I am going to be making some very tough choices in future at the moment.

Thistix Rawn: I have never actually seen a skirmishing warlord in play before and so that's a real positive to the build. The background is solid as well.

Gerdan Soldorak: I like the background and your build is really solid. Grasping Shards is a good controller power, even if it isn't ally friendly and needs to be used with some care. I will note that grasping shards or a power that slows like that could be the difference in underwater battles. As swimming is quite movement intensive (except for devious aquatic enemies), being able to slow the man eating sharks chasing you is *most* helpful! Do not worry about changing the background either, I don't really mind and the rules support making up your own background anyway as it is.

Like Matex, I noticed you and Forar two didn't pick a character theme. They are a new game element introduced in last months Dragon and so they are very new. This sadly does mean they aren't in the online tools yet. Aegis wrote a summary of the themes available in one of his games thread here.
    Ace Jon wrote:
    Would you suggest changing this, then? After being a DM so long, I tried to pick the most flavourful feat rather than the best technical one.
    You can expect to be attacked and often, so it will be a very useful feat to take.

Finally, but not least! Gremnsar: You shouldn't worry about not having a huge and detailed background because a mix is always better. In general, I will try to make sure I add elements of other characters backgrounds into the game, but for coherency sake sometimes I like to have people with generally very open ones. Mechanically the character is sound, but again like the above players you haven't picked a theme. Please see Aegis' post for various theme options linked above.

Aegeri on
    edited June 2011
    Forar didn't pick a character theme.

I totally did!

Obsidian is a Mercenary and Thistix is a Scholar.

I kind of made up parts of the summary block, and just put them near the top underneath Background. :P

Forar on
    edited June 2011
    Oh sorry, I didn't even notice that as everyone else has been placing them in its own spoiler. So I wasn't expecting to see it in the summary block. Both are good choices.

Aegeri on
    edited June 2011
    I picked a theme, too: Explorer.

It's on the sheet, just didn't mention it in the post.

Thanatos on
    edited June 2011
    Ah, all of you are hiding them in the sheets now! I shall have to look over previous ones to see if I missed them. Explorer really suits though and I think it's a great theme.

Aegeri on
  • Toxin01Toxin01 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I took up the alchemist theme, while not the most useful I felt it fit the character decently.

Toxin01 on
    Aiden Baail: Level 1 Swordmage: 19 AC 14 Fort 15 Ref 13 Will (Curse Of The Black Pearls)
    GM: Rusty Chains (DH Ongoing)
    edited June 2011
    Ah, well that makes more sense, I don't normally follow Dragon so....

Theme

Guttersnipe
    Starting Feature: Running Slash - Encounter; 1[W]+mod & target is slowed until EONT. Move up to speed without provoking OAs and attack is made during the move.
    Level 2 Utility: Infuriating Taunt - Encounter; When an enemy misses you with an attack, until end of the encounter the enemy has a -2 penalty to all attack rolls until it hits you with an attack.
    Level 5 Feature: -10% buy price discount, +10% selling price bonus for items.
    Level 6 Utility: Fool's Dance - Encounter; Until EONT, gain a power bonus to all defenses whenever you are attacked that equal the # of enemies adjacent to you. Each time you are missed with an attack until EONT, shift 1 square.
    Level 10 Feature: +5 power bonus to Streetwise. 1/day Streetwise check as a free action in towns/cities.
    Level 10 Utility: Unlikely Escape - Encounter; When restrained, slowed, immobilized, or flanked, end one effect that is immobilizing/restraining/slowing you and shift 3 squares.

Oddly enough, like the feel of that one best with the character.

Matev on
    Hail Hydra
    edited June 2011
    Havrak, Kalashtar Cleric. Order Adept theme.

Summary:
    Kalashtar, Cleric

FINAL ABILITY SCORES

STARTING ABILITY SCORES

TRAINED SKILLS

UNTRAINED SKILLS

POWERS

FEATS

ITEMS
    Ritual Book
    Gentle Repose
    Quarterstaff x1
    Leather Armor x1
    Staff Implement
    Adventurer's Kit
    ====== End ======

Background:
    Havrak was a trader by birth, his family made up of sailors who lived on the sea. Their residence was in Sharn, a place bustling with ships and trade, and Havrak spent his youth on the docks and on decks with his father. He grew up curious to all things mysterious, but most of all, to the Quori stories. When he grew old enough, he took a year of leave from his trader duties to go and look for the Kalashtar, who he was told lived in Sarlona.

When he arrived there he landend in Riedra, where he mistook the inspired for the Kalashtar. He joined ranks with their guard immediately, his sergeant assuring him this would be the only way to achieve being bonded with a Quori. Instead of policing the streets, he was sent on a raid to nearbry Adar. When his unit began to pilleage a hamlet, he realized what he had done, and started to attack his own. Watching, were the Kalashtar, who picked that moment to retaliate. After the battle, they offered Havrak a spot in their order.

He spent the next few years learning the sciences behind the path of light, learning how to hone his body in preparation for the bonding. After years of study, he was deemed ready and was bonded with one of the few "good" Quori. Taking up the mantle to route out evil and defeat the inspired in all of their endeavors. His powers manifested themselves in a knack for healing and retribution, accenting his former physical prowess to put him just over average strength. He was dispatched to return to Sharn and meet with the Kalashtar leaders there, in order to battle inspired plots and schemes in Khovaire.

Upon his return, he found that his father had been killed by pirates in one of the last great raids of the last war. His honor bound duty to dispatch evil had taken a personal turn. He stayed in Sharn for a few more years, before he was assigned a new mission.

As luck would have it, he was sent to the Lhazaar Principalities, where there were rumors of inspired influence amongst the kings. This was a chance for him to settle ancient, and recent debts they owed. His quest was about to enter it's hardest phase as he found himself on the Crimson Wave, ready to find his father's killer, and snuff out any inspired plot he found.

Appearance:
    Havrak's bonding process altered his former human looks, giving him the distinct angular features of A Kalashtar, their glowing eyes, and darker skin. His only outstanding feature being his short cropped hair, atypical for the standard Kalashtar. Standing at average height and build, he did not stick out in a crowd too much so long as his eyes weren't staring back at the observer.

The bonding unhinged Havrak's mind somewhat, and he is forced to constantly meditate and practice physical patterns in order to keep his mind focused. Sometimes his bonding is mistaken for schizophrenia as he sometimes forget to not vocalize the conversations in his head. His Telepathy was something that was looked down on in Abra, though he now uses it as his main tool to decipher people's intentions. He is leery of using it for communication, though he can, preferring to actually talk with those around him, one voice in his mind is already too much.

Info on me
    I'm not new to D&D, though I've only ever played fourth edition, I am new to PbP however. I've never done one, but I've always thought it could be a great opportunity to really flesh out the characters, a chance I noticed was a little hard to do in RL D&D. I'm not currently playing a RL D&D, and I'm new to Ebberon also, but I really like it, I'm looking forward to what this adventure could mean, as well as how a PbP would play out. Hopefully I'm not "too" new to be used here, it looks really fun, but I would understand. I'm on PA mainly for the comic, and this is my first trip into the forums, and I am excited about it. I really appreciate the time to look over my character, which I'm not really sure I did correctly, if you notice any problems please let me know. I'll change them however is needed. Thank you for the consideration!

Okay, this is the fourth time I'm posting. God help me.

b0b52000 on
    edited June 2011
    You know, I'm still amazed there wasn't actually a pirate or similar naval based theme.

Aegeri on
    edited June 2011
    Yes!!!! WOOOO

b0b52000 on
    edited June 2011
    You know, I'm still amazed there wasn't actually a pirate or similar naval based theme.

Why would anyone want one of those? Pirates are always bad guys right? [/lolwizards]

Matev on
    Hail Hydra
    edited June 2011
    You have no idea how excited I was when I saw that went through. Now I just wait for the others and the embarrassment that'll bring.

b0b52000 on