As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

achewood [chat]

• Options
    DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    simon: just checked out wuthering heights (so that's what it's called!) and babooshka.

Babooshka is really dull, Wuthering Heights her voice is so grating.

So grating.

Daxon on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    simonwolf wrote: »
    Daxon wrote: »
    also kate bush is AWFUL at making music.

what

Wuthering Heights and Babooshka are classics

She can be a bit hit and miss, but to say she is awful is really inaccurate

Wuthering Heights is awesome.

I like the Hayley Westenra cover more though, if I'm being honest:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUuWv36OCzM

Or live:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkTF5DRBxpI

But anyway, my favorite Kate Bush video has to be Experiment IV:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6hvNe11r9U

Which features Hugh fucking Laurie.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Elendil wrote: »
    man making this game easy is proving surprisingly difficult

you are not trying to make the game easy if you are walking around trying to fight everything with a bat

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Why are all the local beers not local at all? They are domestic but certainly not local.

What I love is the domestic beers that bars consider imports because they say "Belgium" on the bottle

No, Mr Bartender, you didn't fucking import the keg of Blue Moon.

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited June 2011
    Drez wrote: »
    Nerd, sorry I slept through most of the day and didn't end up doing anything except finish installing Baldur's Gate and ponder what kind of character to make.

Where did you get it from?

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Woohoo cleaning time! Which means woohoo wine drinking time!

Quid on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1EOGzzLy8U

ah good.

soothing to my ears after that

Daxon on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    God, that Experiment IV video is so ridiculous and melodramatic. I love it.

Drez on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Elki wrote: »
    Nerd, sorry I slept through most of the day and didn't end up doing anything except finish installing Baldur's Gate and ponder what kind of character to make.

I had Easytutu installed via the disc version originally, but then I bought the GoG versions back when they were on sale, so I just reinstalled with those versions.

Drez on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    oh thank god, a bed

I have had 30 HP for far too long

30 HP is what that one perks gives that I haven't bothered to take because 30 HP is sch a fucking tiny amount of HP

Elendil on
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Well I mean if we're being honest

My favourite version of Wuthering Heights is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF0VaBxb27w

simonwolf on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    My mom makes the best homemade honey mustard. Its so good. Had it on a grilled chicken sandwich tonight. It was delicious.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    i am really unhappy about this duodenal ulcer

Daxon on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited June 2011

I had Easytutu installed via the disc version originally, but then I bought the GoG versions back when they were on sale, so I just reinstalled with those versions.

1 or 2? This is a serious question!

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I'm also finding inFamous pretty enjoyable so far. It mostly makes me wish Prototype 2 is out but it's a nice stand in til then.

Quid on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Elendil wrote: »
    oh thank god, a bed

I have had 30 HP for far too long

30 HP is what that one perks gives that I haven't bothered to take because 30 HP is sch a fucking tiny amount of HP

That Lifegiver one? According to guides the HP ones are pretty worthless because by the end of the game, you'll be getting hit by attacks that you can't even mitigate for less than 30-40 HP or something. Or maybe that's the personal supernova one. Or both.

Drez on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    time for me to sleep
    night all

Daxon on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Quid wrote: »
    I'm also finding inFamous pretty enjoyable so far. It mostly makes me wish Prototype 2 is out but it's a nice stand in til then.

The second one is even better I heard. The demo is. I haven't loaded it up since I downloaded it. I need to finish AC2 first.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Quid wrote: »

yeah I had a lot of fun with it

And I like the overall story a surprising amount when all is said and done, despite disliking pretty much all the characters themselves.

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I never understood Babooshka.

If someone wrote me a letter and signed it with the Russian word for Grandmother, I'd fucking burn it and change my address.

Drez on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2011
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    My mom makes the best homemade honey mustard. Its so good. Had it on a grilled chicken sandwich tonight. It was delicious.

is there more to honey mustard than stirring honey into mustard?

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited June 2011

1 or 2? This is a serious question!

Both.

I've had Baldur's Gate since it came out actually...I was working at Electronics Boutique at the time. I still have my gold bottomed collector's edition discs. Then I collected Tales of the Sword Coast and BGII and Throne of Bhaal. The first time I installed Easytutu, I used those discs. Worked fine.

But that's very fucking inconvenient to install. So I bought the GoG versions of BG: The Original Saga and BGII Complete when they came out.

It's much easier and (more importantly) much quicker to set up. Plus, no DRM, so you don't need to have the Throne of Bhaal disc in your drive to play as you do with the CD installation.

Drez on
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2011

Okay this is awesome

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Hionk: She's pretty awesome. Both Pure and Odyssey are damn great albums.

Drez on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Doesn't Barry Corbin's son or nephew or something post here? Does anyone remember who that was?

Drez on
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    She does a pretty good version, I will have to "check her out"

simonwolf on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I have touched this thread.

Pony on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So I watched the first episode of My Little Pony.

I still don't get it.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Hanging with VH awwww yeah.

Touch him on the penis for me.

Cinders on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited June 2011
    Here's the thing to remember about Kate Bush:

she has glorious tits. Like, invisible Celtic harps play Greensleeves whenever they appear.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Drez on
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So I watched the first episode of My Little Pony.

I still don't get it.

pedophiles

Cinders on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2011
    kinda wish i'd only stayed up to 2am gambling instead of 3:30. oh wells.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    So apparently my grandpa doesn't remember why he's in the hospital, despite getting his arm mauled by the dog yesterday

My grandma doesn't understand where he is, either

The dog is currently in their house, we are not sure what to do about it, kennelling seems to be the option the other side of the family wants, but I think my side is pretty firmly on the "it needs to be destroyed" side

It's pretty obvious that we need to move them to a facility where they can get care, but I do not think it is something we've really wanted to admit until now. It is just a terrible thing to think about, shipping your senile relatives off to the home.

simonwolf on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    So apparently my grandpa doesn't remember why he's in the hospital, despite getting his arm mauled by the dog yesterday

The dog is currently in their house, we are not sure what to do about it, kennelling seems to be the option the other side of the family wants, but I think my side is pretty firmly on the "it needs to be destroyed" side

It's pretty obvious that we need to move them to a facility where they can get care, but I do not think it is something we've really wanted to admit until now. It is just a terrible thing to think about, shipping your senile relatives off to the home.

Sorry man :(

Drez on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    today

i discovered Eoris

a tabletop RPG written by feminist ally furries with aspergers who love anime

Pony on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011

I'm sorry to hear you're in that situation. Good luck with dealing with it. :(

• Options
    edited June 2011
    I got mad anxiety. I think I'll distract myself for a few minutes by putting a nose strip on and marveling at what comes out.

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Pony wrote: »
    today

i discovered Eoris

a tabletop RPG written by feminist ally furries with aspergers who love anime

You can't do this and not drop links.
    Finally a game for people like me!

Winky on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Sorry man :(

Thank you

Care workers are being sent over to take care of my grandma, since she basically can't spend any length of time alone without stressing and getting freaked out. Especially when it's my grandpa that's missing. But there isn't much I can do, I am just the grandson who doesn't have a real say in the matter.

They need help, that much is certain.

simonwolf on
This discussion has been closed.