As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Halo Reach || Daily Challenge: Post in The New Thread, This One Is Done

• FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2011
    FTZ's first Halo 2 challenge is now up:

http://www.oranjive.com/fireteamzulu/?mode=viewgame&gameid=169

This means I've finally added support for all Bungie-created Halo games.

FyreWulff on
    edited June 2011
    The Weekly from hell is back:

Kill 1,000 Enemies in Multiplayer Matchmaking - 15,000cR

FyreWulff on
  • SnowblindvictimSnowblindvictim Flying casual Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    If anyone is watching the Microsoft keynote, they just showed a video of Halo: Anniversary
    the HD remake of the original Halo.

I am super stoked for the updated Halo 1 maps (Damnation yesssss)
    Aside from that I think that the "updated" Mk. V armor in the campaign looks silly

Snowblindvictim on
  • Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    CE Anniversary's out on November 15th, Halo 4 set for Holiday 2012.

Mx. Quill on
  • LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Halo 4 announced for holiday 2012 (as part of a trilogy), but it's still following the chief.

Colour me cautiously optimistic.

Leitner on
    edited June 2011
    God that CGI was so bad

FyreWulff on
  • EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Fyre Tweeted this, but Halo CE Anniversary will have maps from the original AND Reach. It will act like ODST's Mythic did.

http://carnage.bungie.org/haloforum/halo.forum.pl?read=1075788

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Fyre didn't you make a bet on twitter about halo 4 a few days ago

GreasyKidsStuff on
    edited June 2011
    Yes I did, and Willeth will be receiving the only copy of Halo 4 I will be buying.

Also Frankie confirms that Halo: Anniversary will not be 60$ (we're assuming 40$)

And you can also switch between OG graphics and remake graphics on the fly

FyreWulff on
  • Noble Six ActualNoble Six Actual Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I want the next chapter to be so good, but it's SO easy to fuck it up.

Noble Six Actual on
    XBL: JerichoTwoFour / PSN: ZeroFourThree
    edited June 2011
    I'm on board for 4 for the time being.

EvilBadman on
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So how exactly are they balancing the classic maps for Live?

DarkPrimus on
  • SilkyNumNutsSilkyNumNuts Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    The remake looks so visually busy. I don't think they know what they're doing with that engine. However, I'd like it to be good, so can't wait for some gameplay footage.

Also the halo 4 trailer was goofy as fuck, but that doesn't reflect on the game.

I'm going to assume marty left with bungie?

SilkyNumNuts on
    edited June 2011
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Hah.

EvilBadman on
  • Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    not going to be the same without him if he did.

Death of Rats on
    No I don't.
  • ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011

Think about your question primus, realize bungie isn't doing it and realize how much this is going to suck.

Also, Starting 1,000 man grind right now.

(FUCK YOU SERVER, I KNOW YOUR NOT TOO DAMNED BUSY!)

Viscountalpha on
  • YorkerYorker Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Holy fuck, it's E3 time already?

I'll probably get the CE remake (never did finish the original, lost it a while ago) but I'm not so sure about 4.

Yorker on
    76561198037322631.png
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Yes I did, and Willeth will be receiving the only copy of Halo 4 I will be buying.

Becaaaaaaaause?

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Because just from the trailer it looks like it's Chief vs Unicron?

And yeah.... Anniversary Chief's visor is WAAAAY to big.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    i saw both trailers and got pretty excited
    i'm optimistic about these games

Local H Jay on
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So a 10 second, zero context clip with zero gamplay and zero information about the actual game is enough to declare one is not going to buy it?

That seems incredibly....yeah. I kind of expected better of folks around here.

It's not like the game was a surprise. Anyone who didn't think Halo 4 was coming was insane. And obviously it was going to come from 343. Bungie has moved on. It doesn't mean the game will suck and it doesn't mean multiplayer will suck (in CE:A either really). It's not as if Bungie is the only company that made a good game or a good multiplayer game before.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

Think about your question primus, realize bungie isn't doing it and realize how much this is going to suck.

No, what's going to suck is them tying achievements to the maps but since they are multiplayer tying them to Reach, thus compelling me to get the game to grind the achievements to keep Reach at 100% completion.

DarkPrimus on
  • KorKor Known to detonate from time to time Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I wonder how many people saw the original Bioshock trailer, saw a guy in a giant scuba suit and said, "Fuck this. You fight 1940s scuba divers? Not paying for that garbage."

Kor on
    DS Code: 3050-7671-2707
    Pokemon Safari - Sneasel, Pawniard, ????
    edited June 2011
    so question...
    IF Halo:CEA is like Mythic for Reach but with the classic campaign and maps... does that mean that there's going to be an "Evolved" map pack? Or is there going to be an "Evolved" playlist for those with the disc or limited to custom games only? Any speculation on this, since that's all we've got at moment.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
    edited June 2011
    probably gonna get it's own playlist. it's funny because they put so much time into the forge world and re-doing the pieces for those maps and then they get 1-up'd with real remakes. whatever, forge world is still pretty awesome and impressive on it's own.
    i'm more pumped to play the remade game in co-op, looks like sex

also really like cheif's lil back pack jets he musta stole them from issac clarke

Local H Jay on
  • MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    That seems incredibly....yeah. I kind of expected better of folks around here.

You should see the Call of Duty thread.

Mechanical on
    edited June 2011
    here's the remake trailer and some nice screen shots for those who haven't seen it
    i really like the look of the remake, beaver creek looks badass, and hey look the box art.
    calling it now MS to come out with $150 version of this game somehow anyways, also calling it now MS decides this is worth $60 just like they decided ODST was

Local H Jay on
    edited June 2011

Becaaaaaaaause?

Because Frankie said some ignorant shit on GAF and I don't feel like giving him money for any original content 343 puts out.

FyreWulff on
  • RamiRami Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Unless they are redesigning the god awful identikit levels I don't see the point of just upgrading the graphics for Halo. After the first few missions the campaign becomes a pile of crap.

Rami on
    Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
    edited June 2011
    if you watched the trailer or actually read anything about it you'd have seen they are redesigning the campaign

Local H Jay on
  • Angel177Angel177 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    here's the remake trailer and some nice screen shots for those who haven't seen it
    i really like the look of the remake, beaver creek looks badass, and hey look the box art.
    calling it now MS to come out with $150 version of this game somehow anyways, also calling it now MS decides this is worth $60 just like they decided ODST was

That box art is just so...meh and I don't 'think' microsoft would try a $60 price(the games a decade old) but...Microsoft..money..

Angel177 on
    6103544412_a48002080a.jpg
  • ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    probably gonna get it's own playlist. it's funny because they put so much time into the forge world and re-doing the pieces for those maps and then they get 1-up'd with real remakes. whatever, forge world is still pretty awesome and impressive on it's own.

also really like cheif's lil back pack jets he musta stole them from issac clarke

Didn't you hear? cortana and the chief totally made that jetpack before he went into cryo and then suddenly that planet turned into a big glowing orb or spaceship! IT'S GOING TO BE AWESOEM

/sarcasm
    I'm calling it now, it's going to be terrible and halo fans will hate it.

Viscountalpha on
  • JesuitsJesuits Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Can't believe I missed testing sessions because of lame-ass employment. God.

Jesuits on
    tf2_sig.png
  • LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

Becaaaaaaaause?

Because Frankie said some ignorant shit on GAF and I don't feel like giving him money for any original content 343 puts out.

:?:

Though I'm dissapointed we're returning to the chief.

So many other stories they could tell, and they chose the last spartan again.

Leitner on
  • ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Link whatever Frankie said, please. I'm really curious.

I'm a bit disappointed that Halo CEA is just a graphical improvement of the original, instead off a Metroid Zero Mission-esque complete overhaul and modernization. I've played PC campaign mods more substantial than this. Still, it's also not going to play anything like Reach, and it's a budget game, so that's good.

Halo 4 teaser looked cool too. Hopefully that game also doesn't play like Reach. Here's hoping!

Arteen on
  • GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    You see assassinations in that Halo:CEA trailer so I imagine some features of Reach carry over. Not sure about equipment/loadouts but...

Actually thinking about it that assassination was during a multiplayer match so it would be in Reach's multiplayer so NEVERMIND

Buying both, there I said it

GreasyKidsStuff on
    edited June 2011

Didn't you hear? cortana and the chief totally made that jetpack before he went into cryo and then suddenly that planet turned into a big glowing orb or spaceship! IT'S GOING TO BE AWESOEM

/sarcasm
    I'm calling it now, it's going to be terrible and halo fans will hate it.

Yeah the jet pack couldn't possibly have been on the ship somewhere. It's incredibly obvious you were going to hate anything they were going to announce and now you're just fulfilling that with whatever weak critiques you can cobble together.

EvilBadman on
    edited June 2011
    or we could be making a joke because chief literally wakes up right after halo 3 ends and suddenly has a jetpack built into his armor??
    personally i think halo 4 will be awesome but even i can say that's a silly thing

Local H Jay on
    edited June 2011
    Considering he went straight to the cryogenic tube at the end of H3 and wakes up in said tube during the trailer.... We can only assume when he woke up to take a piss he strapped the jet pack on before going back to bed.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • KorKor Known to detonate from time to time Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    or we could be making a joke because chief literally wakes up right after halo 3 ends and suddenly has a jetpack built into his armor??
    personally i think halo 4 will be awesome but even i can say that's a silly thing

I still think it's retarded to get into this, but here are a couple of reasons, or, as most of you will undoubtedly take them, excuses that this shit makes sense:
    • That isn't the Jetpack from Reach, that is a small propulsions system that is helpful in Zero Gravity situations, which Cheif is obviously in.
    • Even if it is a fucking jetpack, who cares? The arbiter randomly lost his ability to stealth at the beginning of Halo 3 and we fucking got over it. Not to mention Johnson was brought back from the dead.

Like I said before. The CG was a little rough (the game is still 18ish months out), but most of you are coming off as finding reasons to not like it just because it isn't bungie.

Kor on
    DS Code: 3050-7671-2707
    Pokemon Safari - Sneasel, Pawniard, ????