As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Scroll [Buttoneers] so good, like the butter on a muffin (Discount GET!)

• DannicusDannicus [E] Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Is there a way for me to delete what i uploaded and upload one without the guidelines?

Dannicus on
  • jonxpjonxp [E] PC Security Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Dannicus wrote: »
    Is there a way for me to delete what i uploaded and upload one without the guidelines?

Yeah, that weird paperclip looking icon on your buttons that appears where the check mark is on everyone else's is the edit button. You can upload new artwork there. It's supposed to be a pencil. It doesn't look like one and I plan to fix that.

jonxp on
    Every time you write parallel fifths, Bach kills a kitten.
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1614-5576
    PAX Prime 2014 Buttoneering!
    edited May 2011
    jonxp wrote: »

Yeah, that weird paperclip looking icon on your buttons that appears where the check mark is on everyone else's is the edit button. You can upload new artwork there. It's supposed to be a pencil. It doesn't look like one and I plan to fix that.

Tried an edit...doesn't appear to be taking...the lines are still there from the previous image. Thoughts?

Dannicus on
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited May 2011
    jonxp, you might want to create a bug report setup on google code or something similar so that they can be reported/handled off the forum (since this isn't a bug report forum ;) ).

zerzhul on
    edited May 2011

Tried an edit...doesn't appear to be taking...the lines are still there from the previous image. Thoughts?

[strike]I'll look in to it this afternoon.[/strike]

EDIT: Stupid mistake on my part. I forgot the most important part of the update process....saving the changes. Try it now.
    zerzhul wrote: »
    jonxp, you might want to create a bug report setup on google code or something similar so that they can be reported/handled off the forum (since this isn't a bug report forum ;) ).

Good idea. For now, just email bugs to me... jonxp@buttoneering.org

jonxp on
  • adesteradester Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Ok I finally got around to working on my button.
    Heres to another round of buttoneering!
    SNS.jpg

adester on
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited May 2011
    I've added my main button to the website, my bonus button will stay a mystery for now

zerzhul on
    edited May 2011
    I added the ability to easily get the bbcode to link your buttons from here. You can get to it by pressing the edit "pencil" on your buttons.

And so, here are mine for this year...

jonxp on
  • draklandraklan Chocobo in time the Frosty North... mmm FrostingRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    So after a year where i didn't do the buttoneer thing I'm back and already getting to think about what my new button will look like. I'm excited and my wife will be doing a button as well so now i just need a new vest for buttons :) Can't wait!

draklan on
  • MaetrixMaetrix Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Alright, I'm new to all of this but I think I've gotten the fever >.>

Got some ideas I'm tossing around and will post a preview here when I'm happy with it.Got a question for the buttoneering veterans out there:

Has anyone compiled a list of what others have found will work and doesn't work or better yet, what "features" got the best reaction?

Maetrix on
    Blog | Twitter | Raptr | BUTTONEER!
    PAX2011 STATUS:"WAS MONDO AWESOME!"
    PAX2012 STATUS:"Is it too soon yet?!"
  • Brian4120Brian4120 Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Registered JonXP. Now all we need is a native Android application :D

Brian4120 on
    I'M HALPING!
    edited May 2011
    Brian4120 wrote: »
    Registered JonXP. Now all we need is a native Android application :D

I may have a surprise for you in the future, then.

jonxp on
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Well now it's not a surprise!

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
    edited May 2011
    Infidel wrote: »
    Well now it's not a surprise!

You obviously don't know my track record with finishing my projects.

jonxp on
    edited May 2011
    I got an e-mail response from PB today asking me to resend them my artwork without the template lines. Yay for no template lines!

Dannicus on
  • just1legendjust1legend Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Sorry Guys, I gotta drop out this year. Apparently, I missed buying 3 day passes which makes me sad to say that I can't make to pax. I was going to save up money and try to get a ticket but it is a shame that it sold out in Mid April/Early May. If someone is willing to give up their 3 day pass (which I highly doubt it) then I would go, but its no go for me.:( Have fun you buttoneers and have a great time in pax. I'll meet with you in PAX PRIME or East(if applicable) 2012. <3

just1legend on
  • afipanicafipanic Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Sorry Guys, I gotta drop out this year. Apparently, I missed buying 3 day passes which makes me sad to say that I can't make to pax. I was going to save up money and try to get a ticket but it is a shame that it sold out in Mid April/Early May. If someone is willing to give up their 3 day pass (which I highly doubt it) then I would go, but its no go for me.:( Have fun you buttoneers and have a great time in pax. I'll meet with you in PAX PRIME or East(if applicable) 2012. <3

See PM from me about your dilemma 8-)

afipanic on
    Next PAX: West 2017!
    Flight: [X]
    Lodging: [X]
    Passes: [X]
    Excitement: [10/10]
  • alegriaalegria Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    My buttons arrived on Saturday. :D Just registered on the buttoneering site and will upload pictures shortly. :)

(edit to add pics from Buttoneering site)

alegria on
    Rw4xnu6.png
    PAX Prime Attendee since 2006, BYOC Attendee 2008-2012, Buttoneer 2010-2014
    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/alegria
  • CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Puppies!!!!

CaptainTapole on
    The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • MarySueMarySue Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I have button design block! :(

MarySue on
    Portland, Oregon, and sloe gin fizz. If that ain't love, then tell me what is.
    +++BRONYS BEFORE BROS!+++
  • SarahstraszaSarahstrasza Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Apparently.. I'm too shy and too much of a homebody to pass my buttons out to random people (Except for the people who commented on my suicide grunt tattoo last year.. then they'd automatically get a grunt army button)

ANYHEW... I will have my rainbow needles and grunt army buttons again this year (Even though they are dated.. for pax 2010) and am still contemplating this years design...

Sarahstrasza on
  • basicallygeekbasicallygeek Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I'm pretty shy too, Sarahstrasza, and only exchanged about 80 buttons. Missed tons of chances due to shyness but that was really stupid. No one will say no. Even if they hate your button I seriously doubt they'd say anything, lol. I hope to get rid of all my buttons this year :)

basicallygeek on
    edited June 2011
    Yeah, so it's not about making "the button everyone wants", it's about meeting people. The avatar button trading is specifically for this purpose. You see someone with buttons, you say "HEY! BUTTONS!", you meet someone new, and now you each have a permanent physical reminder of someone you ran in to at PAX. At the end of the show, you don't have a hundred collectible buttons, you have a hundred "meetings" on your bag/hat/scarf/whatever. The bonus buttons are different, but your main button is purely to trade for other main buttons, and the design is secondary.

jonxp on
    edited June 2011
    That is why I am shameless and harass anyone that looks like a potential buttoneer.

Some people look confused, but most look relieved/happy "Yes! *rummage through belongings*" and I bet a lot of them are shy and grateful that I caught them.

I will accost everyone!

The meetup at the end is fine for trading buttons, but the discussion is usually pretty light, and during the con I'm usually on my way somewhere or with people, so exchanging conversations are brief.

Would people be interested in a formal event during the weekend where we can get together? I am thinking a particular place would be too small / too hard to organize, maybe something like a walkabout together? We could have a button parade! Show off your scarf/bag/hat/whatever loaded down with buttons!

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
    edited June 2011
    The BYOC Security desk has always been a nice unofficial place to meet up with other people doing buttons. It's usually not too busy in that area, and you can sometimes get one of us Enforcers to yell "BUTTONS!" in BYOC, which should get some folks to come out and trade.

jonxp on
  • CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Any of the Handheld Lounges as well. While doing the Pokewalker trade last year, every other two folks were also buttoneers; both forum-known and unknown.

CaptainTapole on
    edited June 2011
    Those are informal, I'm specifically talking a formal event. Not sure exactly what!

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
    edited June 2011
    Hmm. I would say like a little get together Saturday morning--kinda like a breakfast (or dinner to those who were awake all evening) prior to the opening of the halls and panels. Where is the question.

CaptainTapole on
    edited June 2011
    Hmm. I would say like a little get together Saturday morning--kinda like a breakfast (or dinner to those who were awake all evening) prior to the opening of the halls and panels. Where is the question.

Yeah, a meal might be difficult since we probably would have a lot wanting to attend. But something like that where we can make it very obvious what's going on and generate interest/awareness in buttoneering. Lots of buttoneers are participating because they saw the crowd right at the end, but that's really the only time people will be slapped in the face that "something is going on here!"

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
    edited June 2011
    Maaannn...I've been campaigning to all my friends that will be attending PAX to get involved in this. They all want my button once I get my shipment, but nobody but my younger sister wants to participate... sigh...

As I recall from last year's first Q&A, didn't the buttoneering group present one of each of the buttons to Gabe and Tycho?

Is that going to happen again this year?

Dannicus on
    edited June 2011
    It normally happens in the second Q&A. Give everyone by like Saturday afternoonish I believe enough time to turn their button in to wherever they are to turn it in, normally at the BYOC entry desk.

CaptainTapole on
    edited June 2011
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0BOt4sGoZs

EDIT: Also, more pics from our first year...
    IMGP3875.jpg

IMGP3879.jpg

jonxp on
  • CalyaCalya Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Guys! I finally selected a button design! And got around to an Avatar :P I'm such a slacker. I also have bonus buttons!

ok so here is my Button...
    rough.jpg

I also have square bonus buttons for the "serious" collector and geek music fan...
    DoubleClicks.jpg
    Marian.jpg
    PacificNomadic.jpg

Order placed today. Whoopie!

Calya on
    edited June 2011
    Hows this for a button idea? This is my first year and I'm curious as to what's acceptable.

Also, should anything be added to it?

Maetrix on
    edited June 2011
    Maetrix wrote: »
    Hows this for a button idea? This is my first year and I'm curious as to what's acceptable.

Buttons are typically round, some go for the square option.

But they're not very large and that won't be legible, would need to tighten things up. Download the templates that PureButtons provides or such.

Unless you're going to do something stupid massive a la BigRed.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • contrefaitcontrefait Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

<snip>

But they're not very large and that won't be legible, would need to tighten things up. Download the templates that PureButtons provides or such.

That wasn't stupid massive. It was massively awesome.

contrefait on
    PAX East 2016 Checklist
    Passes: ▬ Hotel: ▬ Flight: [color=red]☑[/color]
  • Jenny_SpaghettiJenny_Spaghetti I am 3 ginger midgets in a trench coat. Calgary, CanadalandRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I think he's after the 1.75"X2.75" rectangular button. :)

Jenny_Spaghetti on
    edited June 2011

Are you joking, or is that a thing? I'd have to change some assumptions on my site if so.

jonxp on
    edited June 2011

Are you joking, or is that a thing? I'd have to change some assumptions on my site if so.

Srsly! Check out the link: LINK

Maetrix on
    edited June 2011

Srsly! Check out the link: LINK

Damn it all to hell.

jonxp on