As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Eeastern WA Pax Attendees

smallz74smallz74 Sunnyside, WARegistered User regular
edited July 2011 in PAX Archive
I was just wondering if there are going to be any Pax attendees from Eastern WA(I am sure there is but wanted to find out :P). I am traveling from Sunnyside. This is my first PAX visit so got myself a 3 day pass and look forward to a great time at the Expo.

Twitter: @smallville74
smallz74 on

• Options
    hml151hml151 Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Traveling from Spokane with 14 people.

hml151 on
    Max sig size: 500x80px OR 4 lines of text
    School Girl Goodness...Watch for us at future PAX Prime events. If want some of my geek chic collection, click on the etsy link.

http://s774.photobucket.com/user/SchoolGirlGoodness/library/
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/VeronatheMad

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Cool 8-)

smallz74 on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    We have one person coming from Richland

hml151 on
    School Girl Goodness...Watch for us at future PAX Prime events. If want some of my geek chic collection, click on the etsy link.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Nice. Be cool to meet up with you all if it works out. I will be traveling lone wolf to this event so it would be cool to meet up with a few people from this area.

smallz74 on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    We drive over on Thursday, so I'm not crazy with all the packing and settling in. We usually do Cookie Brigade things and lots of time on the exhibit floor. Yeah, it would be cool to meet up and if you just need to feel less lonely come play with us.

hml151 on

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    thatoneguy_jmthatoneguy_jm Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I'm going, and I'm from Tri-Cities. This will be my third year.

thatoneguy_jm on
  • Options
    VariunVariun Registered User new member
    edited June 2011
    Yakima area, 3rd year attending.

Variun on
  • Options
    TGSeanTGSean Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Will be driving over from Post Falls, so, I'm like 1/16th Spokane Valley :p This will be my 3rd year as well.

TGSean on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Nice great to know there will be others from the east side attending. 8-)

smallz74 on
  • Options
    nohomeJeromenohomeJerome Emerald City, WA Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I originally hail from Yakima (so technically I'm an Eastsider), but I've been in Seattle the last couple of years attending UW.

nohomeJerome on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Cool 8-)

smallz74 on
  • Options
    ShadeShade Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Spokane here!

Shade on
  • Options
    killtripkilltrip Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I'm coming from Kennewick (Tri-Cities). In addition to me, theres about a dozen more or so easily.. lol

My sisters, and a whole bunch of friends. We'll be carpooling up, staying at the red lion. This is my third year. Third year for most of us, actually.

killtrip on
    twitter: @killtrip
  • Options
    thatoneguy_jmthatoneguy_jm Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So, I'm assuming a lot of the Tri-Cities folks are frequent customers of Adventures Underground, right? I'm just wondering how many of you I've seen / run into in real life already. :)

thatoneguy_jm on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I've only been in there a handful of times, I know one of the guys that work there, but thats about it. It is a good store, I like going in there to browse around. :)

killtrip on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    killtrip wrote: »
    I'm coming from Kennewick (Tri-Cities). In addition to me, theres about a dozen more or so easily.. lol

My sisters, and a whole bunch of friends. We'll be carpooling up, staying at the red lion. This is my third year. Third year for most of us, actually.

Cool to see lots of locals from the Columbia Basin and Yakima Valley going to PAX. This is my first year attending.

smallz74 on
  • Options
    116116 Registered User new member
    edited June 2011
    Good 'ole Spokanistan here! Still scouring for tickets. I'm hoping to go to Halofest.

116 on
  • Options
    iguyiguy Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Zillah area here, this will be my fifth pax, I've seen things.

iguy on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Zillah wow even closer cool. This is my first year so it should be interesting for me as i have never been to a expo like this before.

smallz74 on
  • Options
    sithsethsithseth Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Just adding, I'll be heading to PAX from Cheney. Generally go to PAX with 20+ people, though they are all from the west side of the state.

sithseth on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    We are about 15-20 right now that we know of coming from Spokane, Cheney, and many from West side, Nevada, and California this year. My brother is 6 years going and this will be my fifth. It would be fun to catch people in Spokane/Cheney, especially if you need carpooling. We would be leaving Thursday morning.

hml151 on

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    hml151 wrote: »
    We are about 15-20 right now that we know of coming from Spokane, Cheney, and many from West side, Nevada, and California this year. My brother is 6 years going and this will be my fifth. It would be fun to catch people in Spokane/Cheney, especially if you need carpooling. We would be leaving Thursday morning.

I might be interested in car pooling depending on the cost! I'm not a big fan of grey hound plus the time goes faster with friends. Oh and if I can pay in snacks/food I can do that, yay food stamps!....I am so poor :(

Shade on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    We are all poor right now, usually everyone pitches in for gas but the price just matters on amount of people we have and what cars we have to take. I don't know yet because we will have the final amount of people by mid July.

hml151 on

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Great to see this thread is helping out for those that need to carpool. If anyone needs transport help from the yakima valley or columbia basin let me know if i can help out.

smallz74 on
  • Options
    LexforLexfor Registered User new member
    edited June 2011
    I'll be going this year, it will be my second PAX. From Richland and staying in downtown Seattle. Might have a second seat if anyone needs carpool.

Lexfor on
  • Options
    BeardednerdBeardednerd Registered User new member
    edited June 2011
    I have been told I live in Spokompton. This will be my second PAX. I am taking the Thursday/Friday Amtrak Empire Builder.

It's not bad really, less than $100 round trip. The only downside is leaving Friday at 1AM, and getting to PAX just in time to miss the opening events, and then leaving before the closing ceremonies on Sunday to return by Monday morning. Still, it's cheap, I get to enjoy the majority of what PAX has to offer, and I love train travel. Worth it IMO.

Beardednerd on
  • Options
    cubone13cubone13 Registered User new member
    edited June 2011
    3 of us are headed from Yakima. Looking forward to the trip. All 3 of us our first time at PAX.

cubone13 on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    We are all poor right now, usually everyone pitches in for gas but the price just matters on amount of people we have and what cars we have to take. I don't know yet because we will have the final amount of people by mid July.

it would be nifty to do a gaming get together around then to meet everyone, bust out some board games or something at merlins.

Shade on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Well we usually do D&D on Fridays and have movie/tv/game nights throughout the summer. It wouldn't be hard to meetup before pax. I'm personally gone the weekend before due to getting a silicon Metroid Zero suit made but all the rest of the gang will be there. Or we could meetup earlier.

hml151 on

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Well we usually do D&D on Fridays and have movie/tv/game nights throughout the summer. It wouldn't be hard to meetup before pax. I'm personally gone the weekend before due to getting a silicon Metroid Zero suit made but all the rest of the gang will be there. Or we could meetup earlier.

send me a message for the nest movie/game night. or anyone can drop by and say hi, I work at barnes and Noble.

Shade on
  • Options
    iguyiguy Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    cubone13 wrote: »
    3 of us are headed from Yakima. Looking forward to the trip. All 3 of us our first time at PAX.

Walking shoes dude, bring the walking shoes.

iguy on
  • Options
    wvixivwwvixivw Registered User new member
    edited July 2011
    I'm home for the summer in Pullman! I found out about PAX about a month after all the tickets were sold out, so I'm trying to find a way to get in.

wvixivw on
  • Options
    Mr2001Mr2001 Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Spokane here as well, bringing two other people. For two of us, it'll be our fifth PAX (third Prime); for the other, it'll be his first.

Mr2001 on
    a.k.a. TaradinoC
    PAX 09 E10 P10 E11 P11[Ω] P12[E]
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Great to see so many from Eastern Washington Attending!!! :P

smallz74 on
  • Options
    kube00kube00 SE WA StateRegistered User regular
    I'm coming from the Tri-cities. 2nd year going.

1st PAX was Prime 2010. Made it to several more Primes/West. Been to East and South. Headed back to West in 2019 for my 12th PAX.

Twitter:kube00
  • Options
    HeartpiercedHeartpierced PreMonkey Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Traveling from the TC on Thursday. Three of us are taking a Suburban, so I've got room for 3 more.
    Leaving Sunday night.
    Mousegunner on the hotmail.

Heartpierced on
    Remember, you are unique. Just like everyone else.
    Twitter: @heartpierced
    Facebook: Nuclearpowered
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    28 days w00t :D

smallz74 on
  • Options
    iguy wrote:
    cubone13 wrote: »

Walking shoes dude, bring the walking shoes.

I do running shoes myself. I just bought a new pair to get ready for PAX. Jog 3 days a week to build up stamina.

• Options
    Wow had a close call today when i opened up my mail and had a jury summons luckily it does not start until after PAX w00t

:rotate:

• Options
    After getting all the kinks worked out, there are 4 people in my car going from the tri-cities. Me, my sisters, and friend Nick. Going up Thursday to take part in the Tri-Wizard Drinking tourney, leaving Sunday sometime. I know a lady driving from Cheney on friday, to the tri-cities to pick up her brother, then onward to Seattle.. thats gonna be a crappy drive for her, lol.

Anyone have room in a hotel on thursday night for 5 people after the drinking tourney? :D We'll chip in, and our room isnt available til Friday.. thursday night is gonna be fun.. :P