As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MSPA: stick your tongue in my mouth so I can bite it off

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I can't imagine he spent so much time on that alternate timeline just for the sake of a fakeout

If I had to guess I'd say offshoot vriska beats or escapes offshoot jack and somehow makes it back to the alpha timeline

After all, doc scratch wouldn't bet against her

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    sal put

put the bunny back in the box nobody wants to see that

Beasteh on
  • Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited June 2011
    She'll be back.

She'll be back.

Larlar on
    iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Banner updates best updates.

Baidol on
    Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Goatmon wrote: »
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    Goatmon wrote: »
    I just noticed that Quarters seems to be alive, which doesn't click with the intermission.

So I guess a lot of what happened there (if not all of it) was an off-shoot timeline?

Then again, there were so many time shenanigans involved, that it's probably best not to worry about that.

it's really confusing

I don't think there are any guarantees that any of the timelines shown in the intermission or the [o] banners were or weren't the alpha timeline

Pretty sure that the very end of it wasn't the alpha timeline; all the felt were dead except Snowman.

Okay, here's how it went down. The midnight crew killed all of the felt except Clover (too lucky to die), Cans (kept knocking people through time, also too big), and Snowman (not a good idea). Slick then opened the safe, transporting himself to a highly unfavorable timeline where everyone was dead except him and Snowman, he lost his arm there and was stuck in a safe. Now, he somehow got out and met doc scratch, who appears to be in yet another timeline, as Clover is back alive, as are Matchsticks and Quarters, who were killed before the intermission started.

Also Clover has some sort of coin power. What's up with that?

Moth 13 on
  • Options
    YggiDeeYggiDee The World Ends With You Shill Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    But Slick and the rest of the Midnight crew have all been seen using the terminals to communicate/manipulate the Trolls. It happened after Slick opened the safe, because he's missing his arm and eye. But the rest of the Midnight crew is alive, or else Diamonds Droog wouldn't have given Aradia the "Make Her Pay" order.

YggiDee on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Not necessarily.

CD here could be communicating with Sollux before the events of the intermission.

Baidol on
  • Options
    VoproSTEINVoproSTEIN howdyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Good OP, good update.

I am appeased.

VoproSTEIN on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    They are most likely only dead in the unfavorable one. In the other timeline they are just fine.

Except Boxcars. He had to suffer through a whole year of horse farming.

Moth 13 on
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    This was simultaneously the best and worst update. First time in a while that an MSPA fakeout didn't seem obvious and actually, well, faked me out. Also a lot of satisfaction in seeing someone look ahead, see the consequences of their actions, and make a good decision. For once.

But, we also had Slick riddled with bullets after hilariously beating a green torso, which is sad.

Not sure how permanent either death is, though. God-tier deaths are tough to call, and the Felt Intermission taught us that we can't really trust death with so many time shenanigans in the air.

If Vriska starts dying like John, it'll be fine. She'll be down long enough to not lead Jack back to the hideout and Vriska haters can have the satisfaction of seeing her die over and over, while Vriska lovers keep getting her back. It's win-win.

OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    The coin has to do with quarters, not clover

Presumably he suddenly appears at the time and place that a heads is flipped. And since clover has all the luck, he'd get a heads every time

Just because were seeing quarters and matchstick doesn't mean this is before the intermission or an alternate timeline or something. It seems like they both can do some manner of time travel, and if that's the case then they probably end up traveling back to before the intermission to get killed.

Clover's a little harder to explain, but this has to be the unfavorable timeline, otherwise where did spades' wounds come from?

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I'm betting when/if Vriska dies for real, it'll be from a selfless act of heroics and not because her death will be just. And everyone will be shocked enough to poop a tiny bit.

Unless she really is dead now.

Callin' it.

Larlar on
    iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    what if i already pooped

Beasteh on
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Beasteh wrote: »
    what if i already pooped

I pooped but in a different timeline

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    what if i already pooped

Send it through.

Larlar on
    iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Also random speculation

Doc scratch has been related to the scratch several times. Obviously there's hos name, and then there's the scratched disc.

The kids have a cueball, which the doctor describes as a seed of his. And yet there first guardian isn't doc scratch, it's bec.

I am guessing that when you scratch, one of the changes of your universe is that doc scratch becomes your first guardian, and summons lord English to your universe. You're given a chance at beating the game and making a new universe again, but only on exchange for destroying the one you're leaving behind.

That would mean the trolls failed and scratched before, which might explain why their culture seems designed to produce good sgrub players.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Larlar wrote: »
    what if i already pooped

Send it through.

I can only send poop if it's heroic or just

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Also random speculation

Doc scratch has been related to the scratch several times. Obviously there's hos name, and then there's the scratched disc.

The kids have a cueball, which the doctor describes as a seed of his. And yet there first guardian isn't doc scratch, it's bec.

I am guessing that when you scratch, one of the changes of your universe is that doc scratch becomes your first guardian, and summons lord English to your universe. You're given a chance at beating the game and making a new universe again, but only on exchange for destroying the one you're leaving behind.

That would mean the trolls failed and scratched before, which might explain why their culture seems designed to produce good sgrub players.

That would be pretty cool.

Larlar on
    iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Larlar wrote: »
    I'm betting when/if Vriska dies for real, it'll be from a selfless act of heroics and not because her death will be just. And everyone will be shocked enough to poop a tiny bit.

Unless she really is dead now.

Callin' it.

Yeah I'm on board this poop wagon

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    MaceraMacera UGH GODDAMMIT STOP ENJOYING THINGSRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Wiet wrote: »
    RIP Matchsticks, you trooper. :(

Macera on
    xet8c.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    Yeah I'm on board this poop wagon

Man, flashbacks to senior prom...

OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    am i the only one who isn't wondering why a bunch of time-traveling gangsters are showing up because i just go "oh time travel"

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Day of the BearDay of the Bear The Qun demandsRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    "oh time travel" is actually my response to basically everything that happens in homestuck

Day of the Bear on
    m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I don't want Vriska to die. Nooo. If she actually stays dead I will be really sad, she was my favorite troll.

Fuck you Terezi.

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    130752875612.png

I love the implications of this fanart.

Duke 2.0 on
    VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    MaceraMacera UGH GODDAMMIT STOP ENJOYING THINGSRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    what, that the ball is lying to her about John?

Macera on
    xet8c.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    It was posted in romance-themed threads, where the original intent was to show some cute romantic thing. I dunno if the artist remembered that those balls are notorious for being inaccurate or if they knew it and played along to give this double meaning.

I'm more interested in the artist than the art really.

Duke 2.0 on
    VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Macera wrote: »
    what, that the ball is lying to her about John?

It's an 8-ball, not a cue-ball. So yeah. It's a piece of crap.

Moth 13 on
  • Options
    SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    ryan north merges dino comics forum into mspa forum

dino comics fan art production up 500%

Squall on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Oh dear.

Baidol on
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I don't think I've ever been so happy to see a thirteen year old girl get literally stabbed in the back before.

Nobody goin' ta take MAH Knight a' Blood...

Lord_Asmodeus on
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Quick, everyone claim their favorite DC ships. Mine's the devil and whoever delivers the "mailto:" easter egg commentary.

OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    edited June 2011
    Quick, everyone claim their favorite DC ships.

uWJ8S.jpg

This thing has been waiting years to become relevant.

Duke 2.0 on
    VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    EricsErics Charming to the last Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    See sig for above post.

Erics on
    fabulousFantastic.png
    Twitter | Steam | Twitch.tv ~♪
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    vriska...

crwth on
    EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    LexxyLexxy Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    This was a good update.

Lexxy on
  • Options
    CrowbawtCrowbawt Member of the Midnight Crew Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Bec Noir seems kind of less of a reality threatening force of nature if he can be killed by Vriska... presumably Gamzee could take him too, then.

But damn it's nice to have Karkat back.

Crowbawt on
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I mourn for Spade

But Tavros is avenged, Terezi and Karkat will live

It's a good day

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Vriska was, like, God Tier II when she was a legit threat to Jaq, and, at least partially motivated by guilt/revenge. Gamzee's strong, sure, but in the blunt, smack-you-over-the-head style. We haven't seen any evidence that he's a formidable dueler.

OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    One step closer to computational linguist Ryan North being revealed as Lord English

The only one tall enough for that outfit

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
This discussion has been closed.