As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[D&D 4E PbP] War of the Burning Sky OOC (Serious Revelations! Seriously!)

• Witch_Hunter_84Witch_Hunter_84 Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Okay, I'll use it to escape. Updating now.

Witch_Hunter_84 on
    If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten in your presence.
  • TuranosTuranos Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    You might be pleased to know that since Flaganus grants combat advantage until the end of Areneth's next turn, your second strike actually does hit.

Turanos on
    edited May 2011
    Oh cool! I'll edit that right quick!

Witch_Hunter_84 on
  • IlliantharIllianthar GMT -0700Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    hey Squish, if you want to go ahead and go again before my turn, then you'll have CA for any of your attacks.

Not sure where Swain went off to again...

Illianthar on
    edited June 2011
    Are we wating for Bp, or is someone handling his turn for him?

Witch_Hunter_84 on
  • TiamatZTiamatZ Ghost puns The Banette of my existenceRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Unfortunately, BP has PMed me and decided to drop from the game, so until the encounter's over, someone Temp for him.

From then on out, we'll stick with the standard 5 man-party.

TiamatZ on
    edited June 2011
    I'll NPC him for the fight. Have something up here in a few

Illianthar on
    edited June 2011
    Ugh, almost the most ineffective round ever for Swain.

Ok, Titania can go next (to make use of the CA on Flaganus), then I'll get my post for Areneth up.

Illianthar on
  • skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I thought he had more hp than that?

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
    edited June 2011
    Oh yeah.

Forgot to add the +14 heal bonus (thought he only had 15)

Going to edit the post, so he's not running away and stuff.

Edit: Post re-updated.

Also, for Ill: you can't target him from where your standing (what with a wall blocking your view), so he is treated as though he has Superior Cover (-5 to attack rolls) until you can trace a line of sight to him again.

TiamatZ on
    edited June 2011
    Ugh, whoever hits that guy next please make sure to hit him HARD, and if Summer could get Traorin on his feet again he can get over there and use his interrupts to keep enemy attacks from doing too much damage to the rst of the party. Traorin's going to have a lot of scars to boast about if he survives this one.

Witch_Hunter_84 on
    edited June 2011
    Should Swain take the OA, therefore becoming the one that has CA against Flaganus for the round, or forego the OA so that someone like Dorn can take the CA (if he has more attacks)?

Illianthar on
    edited June 2011
    I think it would be better for Dorn or Titania to take the CA because they can do more damage per round that the rest of us.

Witch_Hunter_84 on
  • TuranosTuranos Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Dorn has the couters of roll again if you screw up now, so I can do that once a day and this day has GOT to be over soon. So Titania is probably the one who benefits most from it in that case. That said, I believe Titania's turn is technically next round and I don't know if we can go quite that out of order. So perhaps Swain or Traorin should use the CA as they are generally attacking Flaganus' AC anyway, right? That's his highest stat if I remember rightly so they need all the help they can get.

Turanos on
    edited June 2011
    Well, the way my character is tooled I'm best for absorbing damage and keeping him from taking you all out of the fight by interrupting any attacks he makes on any of you. Offensively I can't do more than 16 damage per turn (and that's with a critical hit), that's where you strikers shine, you guys can pour on the damage while Traorin takes it. He can knock Traorin down till he's blue in the face, as long as he keeps getting healed up after every bad hit I can keep him focused on Traorin while the rest of the party pummel him from different directions.

Witch_Hunter_84 on
    edited June 2011
    Yeah, I suppose that's a TiamatZ question, if Titania can go this early in the round.

If so, I say she takes it, to be sure that we get the most damage out of it.

Illianthar on
    edited June 2011
    Summer has one more heal left, so can get Traorin back up but is weakened, so shouldn't take the CA.

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
    edited June 2011
    Illianthar wrote: »
    Yeah, I suppose that's a TiamatZ question, if Titania can go this early in the round.

If so, I say she takes it, to be sure that we get the most damage out of it.

Nope. We follow the block as statted (sic) in the Initiative block.

The only way for Titania to go first would be everyone to delay until Round 4

TiamatZ on
    edited June 2011
    Ok, then I guess Swain will take the OA and the CA granted until the end of Areneth's next turn. I don't think we want to all delay, since Traorin is down and he'd have to make a death save if we waited (I doubt you can choose to delay when you're bleeding...)

So I'll roll it up and take Swain's turn on top of that, and get it all posted here soon.

Illianthar on
    edited June 2011
    We waitin' on someone?

Turanos?
    Witch?
    Skarsol?

TiamatZ on
    edited June 2011
    Sorry, been hella busy at work with customers in town for training. Posting Summer's turn now.

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
    edited June 2011
    Finals (getting my BA on sunday!), sorry for the delay. IC post incoming.

Edit: Two threes!?!? Wow . . . just wow. I ran two test rolls on Invisible Castle, so I know it's not the website that's the problem, just me :(

Witch_Hunter_84 on
    edited June 2011
    Finals (getting my BA on sunday!)

Congratulations!

Illianthar on
    edited June 2011
    Thanks!

Game Related: Arrgh, I wish I was awake when Flaganus went, I could've used my interrupt to keep Summer on her feet. I would imagine interrupts are difficult to schedual in PbP games though. Next time!

Witch_Hunter_84 on
    edited June 2011
    Usually with interrupts I retcon em in. Dunno how TiamatZ wants to do em though.

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
    edited June 2011
    Either Dorn or Traorin gets to move into flanking with Swain. Maybe Dorn, so Traorin can keep him locked in the corner?

For interrupts, you could list them in your previous turn. Just say that if X happens, I'm doing Y.

Illianthar on
    edited June 2011
    It would have helped had Witch actually declared that he would mark Flaganus (since in his last post he didn't, and I do believe marks drop when the PC that marked the target is dying.

Since he didn't, he'll have to next turn.

Remember, if you don't post it, it didn't happen.

TiamatZ on
    edited June 2011
    Arg, I forgot I have to re-mark each turn. My bad on that, I somehow thought when I marked him during round 2.5 it lasted the whole combat.

Witch_Hunter_84 on
    edited June 2011
    No, your thinking of a standard Fighter or Paladin's mark.

For a Warden, even though you have the ability to mark adjacent enemies, you only retain the mark until the end of your next turn. So basically you have to constantly mark your enemies, or the mark drops.

TiamatZ on
    edited June 2011
    Still waiting on Summer and Dorn to go, I think.

Do we need to take some proxy turns for them this round?

Illianthar on
    edited June 2011
    Err, I thought I was waiting on some Interrupt so I wouldn't have to use a move to stand up. Will post shortly.

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
    edited June 2011
    skarsol wrote: »
    Err, I thought I was waiting on some Interrupt so I wouldn't have to use a move to stand up. Will post shortly.

Yeah, I think Traorin missed the opportunity on that this round, so he'd have to bust it out next round.

Areneth's post coming up.

Illianthar on
    edited June 2011
    Yah, I'll be able to mark him next round though. Hopefully he'll just focus on me again seeing as how I just keep geting up, haha.

Witch_Hunter_84 on
    edited June 2011
    Only 24hp left! Hopefully Traorin hits and then Titania and I can finish him off!

Illianthar on
    edited June 2011
    I think you two will do just fine ;)

Witch_Hunter_84 on
    edited June 2011
    Oh, I forgot to specify target of Summer's Blessing of Battle. Traorin gains Resist All (2) till EOMNT (unless it's too late, if it even ends up mattering. :P)

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
    edited June 2011
    Nice job! hopefully Titania and I don't screw it up :)

Illianthar on
    edited June 2011
    Welp, I gave Swain a heroic death as much as possible. Going to run with a five man party for the moment, until I think otherwise.

Also, congrats on surviving your first Solo.

Thoughts on it? Was it a decent Solo for the level? Or was it a pushover? Or was it really worthy of holding the Solo title?

TiamatZ on
    edited June 2011
    I got worried at the end, so if the cleric is worried, I think it was just right. :)

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
    edited June 2011
    Great solo, my compliments to you TiamatZ, you really are running this thing well!

Poor Swain though :( , my character will honor his passing by wearing his heat in his absence.

Witch_Hunter_84 on