As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

ROCK BAND: This thread is dead! Go use the new one! :D

• Options
    fragglefartfragglefart Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    KalTorak wrote: »
    And fuck Bruno Mars though can't stand that shit. Should be Cee Lo Green instead, I'd buy the Hell outta that. Still, at least the last few weeks have been great.

Did you know that Bruno Mars wrote "Fuck You"?

Interesting. He's talented no doubt but the three songs above I find not only totally boring but also bloody annoying.

I was actually out with my girl's folks this week and that 'Marry You' song came on - her old man joked about how damned irritating it was.

Still, no worries, nice they have something different coming, even though it's not for me - we've had loads of rock and metal lately.

And we are getting Pro Even Flow <3

fragglefart on
    fragglefart.jpg
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I...still can't do that Even Flow riff in real life. I mean, I know it but I can't get the slide to sound...great. It's gonna be interesting how they chart it. Oh and Kickstart my Heart. That one is awesome too...that solo!

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Even Pro

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    should be a thread title.

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Arikado wrote: »
    Even Pro

Sending drunken man hugs across the internet!

fragglefart on
    fragglefart.jpg
  • Options
    TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Mother fucking pro even flow! Thats what I'm talking about! When pro mode was announced I. Was hoping we'd see some legacy pearl jam, a band you can't go wrong with IMO . Some fantastic guitar work, from riffs to solos.

Tommatt on
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Not crazy about Bruno Mars, gotta admit

I would have preferred B.o.B. featuring Bruno Marz, I think it would have been a pretty chill guitar track and it would have given us another nice rap track

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PTDv_szmL0

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Ozzy seems to still be missing from the PS3 store :?

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    My guess is that it will be there on Tuesday.

Bartholamue on
    Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    The sooner you come to terms with the fact that HMX hates the PS3, the better off we'll all be.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Amidst all the E3 ramblings, Harmonix announced some more future DLC for the summer.
    Coming soon
    AVENGED SEVENFOLD! You guys asked for it, and we have more Avenged Sevenfold coming to Rock Band – one song from their latest album Nightmare, and one classic fan-favorite A7X track.

Poison! You demanded more hair metal, and here it is! Get out your hairspray and eye liner because we have a most excellent three-pack of hits on the way from the ‘80s band.

System of a Down! Two of the most often requested tracks from the metal band will finally be coming to the Rock Band Music Store, and one of those two songs will feature their first Pro Guitar/Bass upgrade available for RB3!

Soundgarden returns to Rock Band! An unstoppable six-pack of classic songs from the seminal grunge band will be coming your way, with most featuring Pro Guitar upgrades.

Arikado on
  • Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Guess Soundgarden isn't all that exclusive. Cool songs.

quovadis13 on
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I know it's too much to hope for The Day I Tried To Live.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    OK I can get behind those requests, good work people!

fragglefart on
    fragglefart.jpg
  • Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    The Soundgarden tracks have all been some of my favorite drum charts, so definitely stoked for more.

metaghost on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I'm not a huge poison fan, but I'd definitely be interested in some pro charts from them. Soundgarden is always welcome.

I heard about rocksmith though the ubisoft e3 post, and surprisingly it doesn't look horrible. The people in the videos are, horribly stiff acting, fake as shit, bur you get glimpses of the interface and it didn't look bad. Plug in any guitar, I hope it turns out well, but wonder If the game is coming out too late to the party to matter.

Tommatt on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Tried TtFaF on pro drums for the first time last night

Yeah, that ain't happening :P

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Tndrwarrior got five stars on that. :(

Bartholamue on
    Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Not human. Cut/burn/evicerate them

Post Haste!

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    With the Wii U unveiled today, I'm hoping that by the end of 2012 either (a) Harmonix is ready for Rock Band 4, and I'll finally get the HD Rock Band I've always wanted (and it wouldn't be a huge leap for Harmonix; they wouldn't even have to put out new instruments), or if Harmonix is going to take their time with sequels, at least put out a Rock Band Wii Remix or something (basically, I want my RB3 in HD finally).

MetroidZoid on
    9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    With the Wii U unveiled today, I'm hoping that by the end of 2012 either (a) Harmonix is ready for Rock Band 4, and I'll finally get the HD Rock Band I've always wanted (and it wouldn't be a huge leap for Harmonix; they wouldn't even have to put out new instruments), or if Harmonix is going to take their time with sequels, at least put out a Rock Band Wii Remix or something (basically, I want my RB3 in HD finally).

When it comes to rockband, I'm pretty sure I'm tied to MS for life at this point

Tommatt on
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2011
    Yeah, I've got all my songs for 360 at this point. But I imagine Harmonix also didn't have a problem skipping a disc release this year because they'll be able to release RB4 for Wii U.

Cue whining as the Wii U is the only version with all the instrument players on screen at once.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Tried TtFaF on pro drums for the first time last night

Yeah, that ain't happening :P

Now try Protar! :twisted:

fragglefart on
    fragglefart.jpg
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    Yeah, I've got all my songs for 360 at this point. But I imagine Harmonix also didn't have a problem skipping a disc release this year because they'll be able to release RB4 for Wii U.

Cue whining as the Wii U is the only version with all the instrument players on screen at once.

This is of course assuming we get another Rock Band game at all, considering Dance Central is so popular, and that instrument-based games are about as big a pariah among the video game industry at the moment as mid-level Nazi generals.

Seriously, analysts are STILL harping on the fact that instrument-based games are dead.

At any rate, even if I'm wrong it looks like no new RB disks this year.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    The plus side is that since Wii U is BC with Wii controllers, there's no need to make a new production run for instrument support.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    FyreWulff wrote: »

This is of course assuming we get another Rock Band game at all, considering Dance Central is so popular, and that instrument-based games are about as big a pariah among the video game industry at the moment as mid-level Nazi generals.

Seriously, analysts are STILL harping on the fact that instrument-based games are dead.

At any rate, even if I'm wrong it looks like no new RB disks this year.

Would these happen to be the same analysts that predicted the PSP would crush the DS and that the Wii was going to flop? :P

And no Fraggle, TtFaF on protar is what I put on when I need a good laugh :lol:

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    So there is a thread on the Forums where the OP claims that they were informed by their local instrument shop that Fender has discontinued the RB Squier. This has been 'coroborated' by others (that they have heard the same thing).

So of course there is panic in the air, demands that HMX make a statement (this was first posted about five hours ago), and general statements of worry that this genre is now officially dead because a $300 game peripheral is no longer available.

I find it humourous to note that the idea that Fender might cut a poor performing line is cause for so much concern.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I just thought of something amusing.

Since currently the Wii U only supports one New Controller + 4 Wiimotes (or say, Rock Band instruments), Harmonix could potentially use the New Controller as the vocalist controller in All Instruments Mode in a potential Rock Band 4.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    BolthornBolthorn Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So there is a thread on the Forums where the OP claims that they were informed by their local instrument shop that Fender has discontinued the RB Squier. This has been 'coroborated' by others (that they have heard the same thing).

So of course there is panic in the air, demands that HMX make a statement (this was first posted about five hours ago), and general statements of worry that this genre is now officially dead because a $300 game peripheral is no longer available.

I find it humourous to note that the idea that Fender might cut a poor performing line is cause for so much concern.

Well, that's a bummer if true. There was no way they'd keep making these things forever, but honestly Fender. If nothing else, change the marketing on it a bit to "affordable MIDI guitar! "also you can play pro guitar in Rock Band 3" and they might be able to move some more to people who already play guitar but don't want to spend thousands for a decent MIDI guitar (or hundreds and modify an existing guitar, but only if it has the right bridge style, unless you want to drill holes in your guitar, and even then the tracking isn't that great).

Bolthorn on
  • Options
    KoldanarKoldanar Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

While I hope that's not true, It probably is. I've been holding off on getting one due to the costs of remodeling our house, and i knew my Fiance wanted to get me one later this year (October). Now if I want one, it sounds like I'll either have to spend money I don't have now to get one, or wait, and possibly have to eBay one for a higher price. Win!:x

Koldanar on
    3DS friend code : 1375 - 7258 - 4504
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Fender has been confirming the news all morning to all people who've been calling in.

Arikado on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    So the pro guitar was offered for sale for, what, three months? I knew the thing wasn't exactly going to be a best-seller, but Jesus. Sales must have been utterly, utterly shit. Santa, that is absolutely cause for concern, at least as far as Rock Band's long-term health is concerned.

cloudeagle on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    EDIT: Almost a year for the pre-orders. About 4 months in-store in the U.S. A month and some change on sale in Europe.

Arikado on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Arikado wrote: »
    EDIT: Almost a year for the pre-orders. About 4 months in-store in the U.S. A month and some change on sale in Europe.

Wiki says it was release in March and this is early June, so we're talking three months at maximum. Maybe a little less if it came out in late March, I forget.

That implies that the thing sold much, MUCH worse than Fender's expectations.

cloudeagle on
  • Options
    SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2011
    Every webstore over here in the UK sold out of all their allocated stock before pre-orders ended, so it's pretty popular.

Obviously nowhere near as popular as Fender was hoping, though.

SporkAndrew on
    The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    So the pro guitar was offered for sale for, what, three months? I knew the thing wasn't exactly going to be a best-seller, but Jesus. Sales must have been utterly, utterly shit. Santa, that is absolutely cause for concern, at least as far as Rock Band's long-term health is concerned.

The Mad Catz Mustang still exists. So Pro isn't going anywhere.

And only people who believed that Pro was the key to survival (as in, they believe it's important to them) are showing heavy signs of concern for the future.

Meanwhile, HMX still releases weekly DLC. And Dance Central is doing huge numbers (to help prop things a bit). Funny thing is, every week the people complaining about the lack of Pro guitar charts never really had anything in their corner that suggested that Pro guitar was what was moving sales numbers anyway. Only their own selfish interests.

The inability to disassociate the personal interest with the rational conclusion appears to be a theme somehow. The act of making real guitars is an expensive and time consuming process. Depending on how it's done, it can take a whole month to make a single guitar. Of course, that's mostly hand-made. Machine-made (as I expect the Squier to be) would be a bit quicker. Two to three per month.

Yet the expectation is that Fender should make them in massive quantities? They make real fucking guitars. They simply don't do that (produce in bulk). It's stunning that they aren't even filling all pre-orders, but that they had no real faith in this shouldn't be. They make their money on the Custom labels. Low-cost Squiers are like entry-level 883 Harley-Davidsons. They make them, but they don't give a shit about them. And 'real' Squiers (non-RB versions) cost less and probably sell more anyway.

If you think the future of this game is dependent on $300 peripherals then there is something bigger that is the problem.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Every webstore over here in the UK sold out of all their allocated stock before pre-orders ended, so it's pretty popular.

Obviously nowhere near as popular as Fender was hoping, though.

But how did they sell after the pre-orders were fulfilled? Honestly, this product by definition draws in the most dedicated fans, so of course pre-orders would be strong.

I'm really curious to see the sales figures for this, but I doubt we'll ever get them.

cloudeagle on
  • Options
    SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2011
    But how did they sell after the pre-orders were fulfilled? Honestly, this product by definition draws in the most dedicated fans, so of course pre-orders would be strong.

I'm really curious to see the sales figures for this, but I doubt we'll ever get them.

I don't think they got any stock in after they filled all their pre-orders. I can't even find mention of it on the website where I bought mine.

SporkAndrew on
    The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
  • Options
    edited June 2011

The Mustang was always intended as the main Pro Guitar, and it's still being produced.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I think people are misinterpreting the issue.

Fender Squiers had a limited production. All their stock is exhausted so they are no longer taking orders. The deal with Fender probably happened when Harmonix was still with EA and MTV so the deal to make a new deal isn't possible as they've split up. Any new deal would have to start from square one between Harmonix and Fender.

EDIT: And like Fyre said, the Mustang was always intended to be the main Pro guitar.

Arikado on