As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Halo Reach || Daily Challenge: Post in The New Thread, This One Is Done

1565758596062»

• Options
    heckelsheckels Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    fucking assholes in premium battle, downvoted breakpoint invasion in favor of neutral bomb on HEMORRHAGE
    FUCK YOU

I'm pretty sure there are people out there that vote for the least fun game on purpose...just remember...at least it wasn't assault...

heckels on
    heckels_zps9443e2b3.png
  • Options
    X Equals LoserX Equals Loser Wilford Brimley Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Neutral bomb was only fun on Waterworks.

BREAAAAAAAKIIIIIIING THE HAAAAAAABIIIIIIT...

TONIGHT.

X Equals Loser on
    xequalsloser.gif
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    fucking assholes in premium battle, downvoted breakpoint invasion in favor of neutral bomb on HEMORRHAGE
    FUCK YOU

-> Implying that if Hemohrage is an option the majority are ever going to do anything except vote for it, even if it's fucking invasion slayer or some shit.

Leitner on
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    it's just like, it's a playlist for people who bought BOTH DLC packs, and they vote for a disc map we play more than any other? who selects the DLC playlist and says 'fuck this DLC shit!'
    i just can't stand the halo community sometimes

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So, probably not Halo related, almost certainly Bungies new IP, but

I Love Wasps?

Leitner on
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Gatsby wrote: »
    Arteen wrote: »
    EvilBadman wrote: »
    Arteen wrote: »
    After Reach, its terrible story and myriad thoughtless design decisions, I'm excited that Bungie's never going to touch Halo again. Yay for fresh blood!

You're hilarious.

Just to provide a few examples,

Okay cool, let's address these.
    the entire cast is suicidal.

They're Spartans. Hell they're the best of their batch in terms of SPARTAN-IIIs. They were made en masse, compared to the more finely tuned SPARTAN-IIs, and specifically given the toughest missions available because they would of course have a higher success rate than any other marines. Even Carter at the end says "It wouldn't be a Noble mission if it were easy." They know this, they accept it and they do it seeing as humanity is losing.

It's nit-picky for sure, but the way they handled Carter's death always bugged me. Ramming a scarab with your pelican is just so much less resonant of a sacrifice than being shot down by banshees after the two remaining members of the team bailed out. I remember thinking I would see the pelican go down in flames right at the beginning of the last level, hell, he told us to jump. And then he just keeps a-flying and inexplicably hangs out for the next ten minutes.

I really like Reach, but they didn't choose the right story to tell for the campaign. It's fun to play, for sure. But for as much as I like the world-building and atmosphere and all that Bungie does, they're not very good with narrative.

Theodore Floosevelt on
    f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2011
    Just got word, our deadline to submit any maps to Bungie for their final update is June 17th.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Does that mean someone else is going to be updating the game?

joshgotro on
  • Options
    KorKor Known to detonate from time to time Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    Just got word, our deadline to submit any maps to Bungie for their final update is June 17th.

I really hope Oblivious makes the final cut.

Kor on
    DS Code: 3050-7671-2707
    Pokemon Safari - Sneasel, Pawniard, ????
  • Options
    EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Boy i wish people spoilered things. I guess theres no point in playing the campaign on my newly purchased game now.

Anyways, if anyone wants to play with the worst halo player currently on Live, you can add Death5ide to your list. It will be like playing hard mode as you try to carry the team while the opposite side racks up tons of points killing me while i ineffectively fire shots into the distance because i cant aim worth shit with a controller. The game is fun regardless of my failure.

Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    elliotw2elliotw2 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Well, that was a fun game of 1 flag CTF, since no one on either team knew what the fuck CTF meant

elliotw2 on
    camo_sig2.pngXBL:Elliotw3|PSN:elliotw2
  • Options
    OmnomnomPancakeOmnomnomPancake Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Boy i wish people spoilered things. I guess theres no point in playing the campaign on my newly purchased game now.

Anyways, if anyone wants to play with the worst halo player currently on Live, you can add Death5ide to your list. It will be like playing hard mode as you try to carry the team while the opposite side racks up tons of points killing me while i ineffectively fire shots into the distance because i cant aim worth shit with a controller. The game is fun regardless of my failure.

Yep. Skip the campaign now that you know all about that deep plot.

OmnomnomPancake on
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Finally playing some of the new(er) forged maps in Slayer--I'm really digging Affinity and Precipice (I think that's the name). Something about them gives me a very Goldeneye/Perfect Dark vibe.

Theodore Floosevelt on
    f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    elliotw2elliotw2 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Even with some small parts of the plot being spoiled, the campaign is still shooty fun times, excepting a few missions.

elliotw2 on
    camo_sig2.pngXBL:Elliotw3|PSN:elliotw2
  • Options
    SnorkSnork word Jamaica Plain, MARegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    i thought reach's campaign was pretty great

definitely not the 'magnificent seven' team character drama thing, but still really enjoyable
    i liked it more than most of halo 3's

Snork on
  • Options
    Noble Six ActualNoble Six Actual Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I still think, thematically, ODST is my favorite campaign. The boots in the mud story really worked, and I liked having a bit more of a diverse cast, that talks.

Of course, Halo 1's is really good, because it is the original and there's such nostalgia for it. I'm super pumped for A.E. to come out. I just wish Halo 2/3 had worked out differently (I could write a book about this).

I think Reach's campaign would've been perfect if the cutscenes were less yelling at each other, more acting like Spartans. This is supposed to be a group of people who have worked together (with a few substitutions) for a long time, and all they do is bicker. Especially Jorge and Emile. Emile should've had more development, instead of just being the team badass, and they definitely shouldn't have hidden his face.

Don't even get me started about the skull.

It's also always bothered me that their voices are just muffled behind these helmets, and they don't look, model-wise, like the MJOLNIR suits are really sealed. All you have to do is add a bit of radio foley to dialog and a hiss or two and you have the armor acting like it's supposed to. Always did with the Chief, yet, Noble Team is practically juggling their helmets with not a single sound effect.
    I still love it, because it is Halo.

Noble Six Actual on
    XBL: JerichoTwoFour / PSN: ZeroFourThree
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    WEEKLY DONE. What a chore.

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    DarisDaris Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Don't like Reach's campaign as a story much, but I enjoy playing it. The tropes page for Reach points out some of the massive irony for the entire team's deaths.

I'd spoiler tag that, but it's not like it's a secret the spartans eat it.

Daris on
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2011
    FyreWulff on