As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Dog [CHAT]

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2011
    Oh no, somehow I ended up at BMWusa.com building an X3.

What am I doing? How do I make it stop?

dogg you gotta treat yourself to something

if you're being sensible about your residence, you're gonna bag your lunch, and you're not like, buying a home theater to commemorate this job

you have to be recklessly and irresponsibly indulgent and wasteful with at least SOME of the money

i didn't emigrate to watch my friends drive 92 civics forever

Organichu on
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    X-Men First Class was so terrible that it made me re-evaluate my life.

I was like, "Why am I watching Kevin Bacon prance around in a plastic helmet as Disney Channel rejects muck around in the background? What horrible twists of fate have made me into a man who watches movies like this?"

Robos A Go Go on
  • CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Stupid cats.

Always nibbling alien ambassadors.

Cinders on
  • CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Everyone else seemed to enjoy First Class.

I was prepared to forget how terrible the last few x-men presentations have been.

Cinders on
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I enjoyed it Robos as a fun action movie that just had some random x-men like characters.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
    edited June 2011
    Tracy Morgan seems like a mentally ill person who stumbled into a casting call and was mistaken for a comedian.

Robos A Go Go on
  • evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    edited June 2011
    Oh well, guess that's like 10 bucks saved.

Cinders on
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    X-Men First Class was so terrible that it made me re-evaluate my life.

I was like, "Why am I watching Kevin Bacon prance around in a plastic helmet as Disney Channel rejects muck around in the background? What horrible twists of fate have made me into a man who watches movies like this?"

no you

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
    edited June 2011
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    I enjoyed Robos as a fun action movie that just had some random x-men like characters.

But the random X-Men characters were played by talentless young actors with all the presence and charisma of Rebecca Black. In place of character development, we got an interminable training montage and half-assed comic relief.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    First Class was great. Fassbender, Lawrence and McAvoy are amazing. The random kids are a little lame, but the first hour of the movie is great.

• DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2011
    I really liked it. Didn't think it was as good as X2 but a very solid outing nonetheless.

Dynagrip on
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    so having been all sick this week I am all tired

but my cousin and uncle are waiting to get out of LAX and come down to long beach

So I am getting in the zone to just have a brief little nightcap at this bar, but mostly i just want to climb into bed and sleep right this second

oof

desc on
    edited June 2011
    I enjoyed Robos as a fun action movie that just had some random x-men like characters.

But the random X-Men characters were played by talentless young actors with all the presence and charisma of Rebecca Black. In place of character development, we got an interminable training montage and half-assed comic relief.

Actually I found Xavier and Magneto pretty good. The rest weren't great but they weren't horrible. Some of the characters for intensive purpose were blank slates the whole movie. I wasn't a big fan of how Emma Frost was portrayed.

But I enjoyed the fights. Kevin Bacon actually did a decent job as the villain. And how can you bitch about Magneto picking up a sub and throwing it on a beach.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
    edited June 2011
    First Class was great. Fassbender, Lawrence and McAvoy are amazing. The random kids are a little lame, but the first hour of the movie is great.

Even when the FBI agent strips down to her underwear to break into a sex club?

And then she doesn't do anything else for most of the movie, until it's suddenly decided that Charles needs a love interest so that nobody thinks he's into Magneto?

Robos A Go Go on
    edited June 2011
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    I really liked it. Didn't think it was as good as X2 but a very solid outing nonetheless.

Yeah, I think I would place it under X2 but over X1. X2 kind of fulfilled almost all my hopes and dreams for an X-Men movie. And the end, I had so many hopes to a great movie with Phoenix. Shame they never made it.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2011
    Dynagrip wrote: »

Yeah, I think I would place it under X2 but over X1. X2 kind of fulfilled almost all my hopes and dreams for an X-Men movie. And the end, I had so many hopes to a great movie with Phoenix. Shame they never made it.

I need to rewatch it again. I've ranked at as my favorite superhero movie but I think I've only watched it like once or twice.

Dynagrip on
  • WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Eating better and working at a restaurant has me wanting to do violence.

I am in a violence mood.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • retrovmretrovm Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    hi, [chat]. i am watching g-string divas and drinking wine. what's shakin?

retrovm on
    edited June 2011
    retrovm wrote: »
    hi, [chat]. i am watching g-string divas and drinking wine. what's shakin?

Nothing that titillating.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
    edited June 2011
    The only major problem with X1 was Halle Berry, and there are much worse actors in First Class. The girl who plays Mystique in First Class immediately comes to mind, and the worst part is that she's much more important to the plot of her film than Berry was to the story of X1.

Robos A Go Go on
  • South hostSouth host I obey without question Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I wanna drink wine. I forgot to go buy some today. :(

South host on
    Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Tracy Morgan seems like a mentally ill person who stumbled into a casting call and was mistaken for a comedian.

I always thought he was off hes always acted pretty screwy in interviews like way past making it up.

bloodyroarxx on
    edited June 2011

I am in a violence mood.

You should go to the zoo and pick a fight with the largest animal you can find. If you win, then all the other animals will know that you're nobody's bitch and treat you like a king.

Robos A Go Go on
    edited June 2011
    Mystique wasn't great but she wasn't Halle Berry bad. I disliked either portrayal of the characters. But really my complaints on first class and most of the X-men movies are really comic book fan complaints. Not so much movie complaints. Okay, outside of X3 which was just horrible no matter how you look at it. Wolverine was just as bad. Worse even.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
    edited June 2011
    South host wrote: »

my dad does a winemaking class so i'm up to my eyeballs in free wine. it's pretty boss.

retrovm on
    edited June 2011
    are you in LA yet

Organichu on
    edited June 2011
    Mystique wasn't great but she wasn't Halle Berry bad. I disliked either portrayal of the characters. But really my complaints on first class and most of the X-men movies are really comic book fan complaints. Not so much movie complaints. Okay, outside of X3 which was just horrible no matter how you look at it. Wolverine was just as bad. Worse even.

oh god origins: wolverine was SO ATROCIOUS. the only good part of that movie was the opening credits.

retrovm on
    edited June 2011
    Organichu wrote: »
    are you in LA yet

no sir, but i start my drive out west monday morning! i've been packing and saying goodbye to people all week so i took tonight to hang out at home.

retrovm on
    edited June 2011
    sweet; enjoy!

Organichu on
    edited June 2011
    Berry just had to hang out in the mansion and appear marginally dangerous. Mystique's actress carries the series' major themes of alienation and self-acceptance, has personal conversations with both male leads, and participates in the film's primary romantic subplot. All of it is far beyond her abilities and affects the quality of the entire film.

Robos A Go Go on
  • South hostSouth host I obey without question Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    retrovm wrote: »
    South host wrote: »

my dad does a winemaking class so i'm up to my eyeballs in free wine. it's pretty boss.

Oooh, lucky!

South host on
    Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
    edited June 2011
    The best part of First Class was
    Magneto: Nazi Hunter

edited June 2011
    Organichu wrote: »
    sweet; enjoy!

thanks man! i can't wait to stop at all the hokey touristy things along the way. i want to see the world's largest rubber band ball and shit.

retrovm on
    edited June 2011

I am in a violence mood.

You should go to the zoo and pick a fight with the largest animal you can find. If you win, then all the other animals will know that you're nobody's bitch and treat you like a king.

Did that. Found myself chewing a zebra.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
    edited June 2011
    Berry just had to hang out in the mansion and appear marginally dangerous. Mystique's actress carries the series' major themes of alienation and self-acceptance, has personal conversations with both male leads, and participates in the film's primary romantic subplot. All of it is far beyond her abilities and affects the quality of the entire film.

I disagree, I thought Jennifer Lawrence did a great job as Mystique.

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Cass I'm so sorry about LoL earlier we have a baby emergency.

But thanks for pointing out the shit I didn't know, especially the turret stuff!

bloodyroarxx on
    edited June 2011
    Cass I'm so sorry about LoL earlier we have a baby emergency.

But thanks for pointing out the shit I didn't know, especially the turret stuff!

I figured; don't worry about it.

edited June 2011
    If I got into a fight right now, I'd just start biting the dude/dudette. There'd still be punching and kicking and grappling. But if I got close enough, they gon get bit.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
    edited June 2011
    The best part of First Class was
    Magneto: Nazi Hunter

Ideally, that would've been the entire film. Partway in Xavier could show up as, and then you'd slowly build their relationship and the underlying conflict between their moral outlooks.

Stripping away all the crap about the younger mutants and nuclear war would've given us a much better film.

Robos A Go Go on
This discussion has been closed.