As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Beautiful Katamari (PS3/360)

13»

• EvanderEvander Disappointed Father Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Manic205 wrote: »
    Houk wrote: »
    Manic205 wrote: »
    The game became quite repetitive after the first 9 minutes or so... Seems to me like a great game to play on a break at work, but definitely not a game you'd keep in your home console for any good amount of time.
    and oddly enough, for many people it was! strange, huh?

Edit: woops, being a dick, I'll come back to this.

Edit2: I stopped having fun when I realized the gameplay didn't deviate from "roll around to quirky Japanese music" whatsoever. Charming style, quirky King, haw haw, it just failed to carry the game for me like it seemed to for everyone else. It reminded me of a lot of nifty Flash games I've played.

Again, the online component could swing me the other way. I'm imagining Fuzion Frenzy's "Sumo" minigame and a high-definition Katamari city, and it gets me excited.

That's fair. Not every game is for every person. After all, there is a REASON that Namco didn't expect the game to sell well in the states.

Evander on
  • Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    There's just so many goddamn levels one could make for a Katamari game. I hope we get a lot of solid DLC.

Does this game have a release date yet?

Vincent Grayson on
    edited June 2007
    There's just so many goddamn levels one could make for a Katamari game. I hope we get a lot of solid DLC.

Does this game have a release date yet?

nothing solid, but it is expected later this year

from the video I saw, and the fact that OXM is already putting out Gamer Pics of it, I'd guess that they're still on schedule, with probably a fall release.

Evander on
    edited June 2007
    gamespot says Oct 26, 2007, but there is nothing on the namcobandai site yet, so I dunno if they made that up, or what

Evander on
  • Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Evander wrote: »
    gamespot says Oct 26, 2007, but there is nothing on the namcobandai site yet, so I dunno if they made that up, or what

I suspect that's made up, considering that it's a Friday.

Vincent Grayson on
    edited June 2007
    Evander wrote: »

I suspect that's made up, considering that it's a Friday.

seems completely arbitrary, too.

I mean, it's not like they picked the last day of Q3, or the first day of Q4, or anything.

Evander on