As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PATV] Spoilers (4th Panel)

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Is "paint the line" actually a table tennis term? I assumed it was something Jerry plucked from a seed pod on his mind-tree.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=paint%20the%20line

Speed Racer on
  • FactorySquirrelFactorySquirrel Marceline's Henchman Land of OooRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    That entry directly references Penny Arcade, though.

FactorySquirrel on
    "That man is playing Galaga! He thought we wouldn't notice. But we did."
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

Since there are no other entries, probably means that it's a PA original.

KalTorak on
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    ArcSyn wrote: »

311159184.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1306959095&Signature=Xqi%2Bp2IJxD9W%2B5Jgt0MalfEuoW0%3D
    To Gabe and Tycho: I'd paint the line on top of a rocket with you anytime!
    Goose! wrote: »

Your link doesn't work for me, Goose. Looks like it's some kind of Amazon cloud-hosting time-limited request for some reason. Got a regular Twitpic link or anything?
    Yeah, neither of these work for me either.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    the actual twitpic link in ArcSyn's post works

The way twitpic uses S3 basically means you can't direct link twitpic images.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    End wrote: »
    the actual twitpic link in ArcSyn's post works

The way twitpic uses S3 basically means you can't direct link twitpic images.

Huh, odd. I wasn't sure if I could [ img] tag it, but it showed up on my computer so I went with it.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    well it probably worked for anyone

until the link expired...

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • I'd Fuck Chuck Lidell UpI'd Fuck Chuck Lidell Up Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    KalTorak wrote: »

Since there are no other entries, probably means that it's a PA original.

That's just on wiki. It's an actual term; though I don't keep up with ping pong, they use it quite a bit in tennis matches

I'd Fuck Chuck Lidell Up on
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    I'm just saying that their business model doesn't work for me, but they keep advertising on other channels. Thus they keep piquing my interest, until I see "on HBO" which then kills it again. So it's irritating.

If their business models works for them, good for them. I just think that they would probably do better if they made something free to lure people in, outside of just commercials. I'm not going to pay extra for a month to see if I like a show they have. If they made show premieres free, then locked the rest away behind subscription, then I could at least know if I would or would not like a show. Instead, if I want to see anything from HBO that I might have an interest in, its either subscribe or pirate it.

Sheesh, perhaps loathe was a bit overstated, but yes, they provide a product I have a mild interest in but I'm not willing to pay for it. Hence the mild interest. If it was a strong interest then perhaps they'd earn another customer, but they aren't willing to bend on their business model to allow that sort of change in interest.

They've been going strong for, what, twenty years? I don't really see how much better they could be doing.

Also, your logic continues to be absolutely baffling. "They've got things I want to see, and then they make me want to see them even more, and then I have to pay to see them! What the hell!"

Also, as already mentioned, they do free weekends all the dang time, and rampant online special features. Game of Thrones alone had, like, two hours of behind-the-scenes content and preview clips, available for all kinds of free online.

Basically what I am saying is that you are a silly goose who is as wrong as can be.

As for this episode, my hands-down favorite part was Gabe not remembering a movie that he and Tycho saw together, and how Tycho wasn't even surprised - just resigned.

Poorochondriac on
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Man, I don't want to pay for things.

All those 60 year bottles of scotch should be given to me.

Blake T on
  • DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    My housemates are mormon, and they often say "judas priest" instead of "jesus christ".

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    My housemates are mormon, and they often say "judas priest" instead of "jesus christ".

That's adorable.

Have you told them how adorable that is?

TankHammer on
  • I'd Fuck Chuck Lidell UpI'd Fuck Chuck Lidell Up Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    they also say "fetchin' stupid" "or "fetchin' awesome" I'm sure theres a mormonisms list somewhere

I'd Fuck Chuck Lidell Up on
  • IvarIvar Oslo, NorwayRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Saying something that kinda sorta sounds like the thing you actually want to say is fuckin' stupid

Ivar on
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    they also say "fetchin' stupid" "or "fetchin' awesome" I'm sure theres a mormonisms list somewhere

So somebody finally made "fetch" happen!

KalTorak on
  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2011

Those are some crazy melon farmers.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    The Geek wrote: »

Those are some crazy melon farmers.
    I wonder what they say when they meet a stranger in the alps...

Houk the Namebringer on
  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2011
    find a stranger in the alps

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    oh fuck i can't believe i messed that up, it's so simple

goddammit

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I have a super religious aunt and uncle

you're not allowed to say "damn," "dang," or "darn" in their home

It's been like five years since I've gone around them but last I knew their kid was 15 and still saying "drat."

Speed Racer on
  • IvarIvar Oslo, NorwayRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    These people are edited for TV

Ivar on
  • LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Ivar wrote: »
    Saying something that kinda sorta sounds like the thing you actually want to say is fuckin' stupid

I'm kind of a fan of Jeezum Crow for some reason vOv

Ledneh on
    edited June 2011
    cripes

shoot

jeezy kreezy

KalTorak on
  • Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    i say shoot, heck, heckum, jeezum and darn vOv

I also say fuck and cunt

Charles Kinbote on
  • I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I love Dang.

it feels like it has more impact than Damn.

I Win Swordfights on
    lfYVHTd.png
  • TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I like drat, but only at the end of Ultimate Hustler stories.

Tossrock on
    sig.png
    edited June 2011
    I'll bust out a "darn it" or "what the heck?" here and there. It's not because I have any conviction that Zeus isn't going to approve but because I'm often in public places where I am being considerate to people around me by watching my profanity.

I used to have a thing when I was a teenager where I was trying to cull my swearing. I started to replace cusses with the word "stuff" so you'd sometime here me say "what the stuff?" or "holy stuff!"

It had kind of a catch-phrasey quality to it but it wore thin after awhile.

TankHammer on
    edited June 2011
    I picked up "dag" from homestar runner years and years ago and still say it ocasionally

penny arcade has gotten me saying "eff" instead of "fuck" occasionally

and sometimes I say "nuts"

Speed Racer on
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I fuck just fuck say fuck fuck fuck after fuck every fuck fucking fuck word fuck. It fuck makes fuck it fuck awkward fuck at fuck work fuck.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
    edited June 2011
    But it makes you seem so grown-up and adult beyond your years. I'm sure your co-workers are just losers who are afraid of a few "naughty" words.

What a bunch of geese.

I have a friend who I used to get mad at for dropping highly-enunciated s- and f-bombs in casual conversation with just the slightest hint of trying-too-hard. I took to dressing him down when he'd do it in inappropriate settings like standing in line at the movies with a 4-year-old kid and his mother standing in front of us. Eventually he cut it out.

TankHammer on
  • nickumusnickumus Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    does anyone have any Neville Page concept work for this film??? would be great to have!! page03a-sketchbook5.jpg

nickumus on
  • AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    guy

just

no

Abracadaniel on
    edited June 2011
    Frankly my dear, I don't give a flip.

KalTorak on
  • SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I have a super religious aunt and uncle

you're not allowed to say "damn," "dang," or "darn" in their home

It's been like five years since I've gone around them but last I knew their kid was 15 and still saying "drat."

I remember as a kid getting into an argument with another kid about whether or not "Damn" was a bad word. Back at an age when if my mother heard me curse I would be facing a bar of soap.

Seg on
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    A kid in school got told off once for saying "Cor blimey", because apparently it means "God blind me" and that's a curse I guess?

I think he should have been commended for using such a neglected expression of Englishness, personally. I mean who says that except Victorian chimney sweeps.

Brovid Hasselsmof on
    edited June 2011
    I always wondered where "cor" came from.

KalTorak on
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    fake sci-fi or fantasy swears are the worst.

Langly on
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Langly wrote: »

Frack! What am I supposed to do now?!

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
    edited June 2011

Triple-so when people use them out-of-context like it's a real word.

You do not live in a television show universe no matter how badly you want to.

TankHammer on
  • faitsfaits a panda eating cake seattleRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    TankHammer wrote: »

Triple-so when people use them out-of-context like it's a real word.

You do not live in a television show universe no matter how badly you want to.

oh yeah?

well then frell you, tankhammer.

frell you straight to hezmana !

faits on
    faits.png