As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[HBO] Game of Thrones - TV only, NO BOOK DISCUSSION

• Options
    Triple BTriple B Bastard of the North MARegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Hachface wrote: »
    Balefuego wrote: »
    also Joffrey's little sister and brother are sweet kids, they havent hurt anybody

Yet.

Exactly. Slay the little beasts before they get the chance to have incestuous relations with each other or stab someone else in the back.

Triple B on
    Steam/XBL/PSN: FiveAgainst1
  • Options
    InHumanInHuman Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Triple B wrote: »
    All fucking Lannisters must fucking die.

WOOF! GANG! WOOF! GANG!

InHuman on
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    dojango wrote: »
    also Joffrey's little sister and brother are sweet kids, they havent hurt anybody

Have they been shown in the TV show yet? Like, back in episode 1 or 2? Because I don't remember seeing them offhand.

I know they were in the breakfast scene at the start of episode 2, and they have been in the background during the big "King arrives in Winterfell" scene in the pilot

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    anyone who wants Tyrion dead has no place in my kingdom

I do not recognize your kingdom as legitimate, kingslayer.

Triple B on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Ah they were apparently also in the stands at the tournament

Myrcella-Tommen-Barristan-game-of-thrones-21866168-1024-576.png

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Modern ManModern Man Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    This thread just got so delicious. :lol:

Modern Man on
    Aetian Jupiter - 41 Gunslinger - The Old Republic
    Rigorous Scholarship

• Options
    edited June 2011
    I've not read the books (yet), but I must give credit to HBO. I have never wanted to see a character/characters die so badly in any medium I've ever experienced. Hell if I could take Joffrey's head off myself, I'd love it. :x

Ep. 9 spoilers abound:
    What the fuck, man. A magnificent, kingly motherfucker like Ned Stark gets nothing but fucked over and ends up dying a bitch death that makes Mace Windu's "Exit, stage window" look valiant. Punked out by an inbred, snot-nosed, impotent pin-dick little shitfucker like Joffrey. BLARRRGH

Triple B on
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    schuss wrote: »
    Jragghen wrote: »
    qqvol0.jpg

This should be on every page.

Every. Page.

We almost missed this page, guys. Lets not get sloppy. :x

And listen, I'm all for killing as many of the Lannisters in a horrific way as possible as the next guy. But Tyrion is the one exception. He gave us the glorious scene above. He deserves to be pardoned for that reason alone.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    qqvol0.jpg

I'll just leave this here. I wish they allowed sigs this big.

Triple B on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    honestly, if this thread has that on every page.

so much win

ObiFett on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    It should be totp every time.

Triple B on
  • Options
    Hank_ScorpioHank_Scorpio Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Tyrion or the lannister kids don't deserve to die but Joffrey and Cersei can fucking burn

Jaime and Tywin might redeem themselves, probably not though

Hank_Scorpio on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Yeah, I don't really have that much against Jaime.

Except when he did that thing in EP 1.

And what he did/does to the king's wife aka HIS SISTER.

And what he did to Ned.

And that he is a Lannister.

Yeah, you know what? Screw that guy. He needs to die too.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I mean, fucking your sister is pretty gross but I'm not sure why that specifically is a reason for him to die

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    EgoEgo Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Triple B wrote: »
    qqvol0.jpg

I'll just leave this here. I wish they allowed sigs this big.

I gave some consideration today to editing that gif to say

'NO BOOKS'
    'TV ONLY'

timed one slap per word ;).

Ego on
    Erik
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    The starks beating the shit out of him and breaking his hands so he can never wield a sword again would be enough for me. And if he publicly admits that Joffrey is his son then I'll even have him over for dinner.

Hank_Scorpio on
  • Options
    HachfaceHachface Not the Minister Farrakhan you're thinking of Dammit, Shepard!Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Tyrion or the lannister kids don't deserve to die but Joffrey and Cersei can fucking burn

Jaime and Tywin might redeem themselves, probably not though

We haven't seen Tywin's cruelty, but we've heard about it. He might be the worst of them.

Hachface on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I mean, fucking your sister is pretty gross but I'm not sure why that specifically is a reason for him to die
    its more the fact that she is the kings wife. He royally (heh) screwed up the king's bloodline and basically helped cause the reason the realm is in the mess its in / about to get more in.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    ObiFett wrote: »
    its more the fact that she is the kings wife. He royally (heh) screwed up the king's bloodline and basically helped cause the reason the realm is in the mess its in / about to get more in.
    I'd say it's more Cersei's and Robert's combined shitty parenting that caused it than Jaime's genes.

Quid on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Quid wrote: »
    I'd say it's more Cersei's and Robert's combined shitty parenting that caused it than Jaime's genes.

Wha?
    I wasn't saying it's Jaime's fault that Joffrey is a little douchebag. I'm saying that Jaime sleeping with the King's wife and helping deny any actual heirs to the king has gotten two Hands killed.
    AND the death of the latter hand looks like its going to cause all out civil war. And that civil war couldn't be at a worse time because it looks like Horse Nation and White Walkers are about come down to take the realm.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Well yeah that doesn't help. Course, neither did Robert's frat boy life style.

But probably mostly the former.

Quid on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    But lords are kinda expected/assumed to sleep around. Wives of lords are expected to produce legitimate heirs.
    Cersei and Jaime are much more in the wrong than Robert.
    Like you said.

But I actually don't even hold Robert accountable for what looks like is about to happen . Is that weird?

ObiFett on
  • Options
    HachfaceHachface Not the Minister Farrakhan you're thinking of Dammit, Shepard!Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Really, the political order of Westeros was doomed to break down soon after the Targaryens' dragons went extinct. A little over a century has passed since the last one died and there have already been three major rebellions (Robert's, the Greyjoys', and Robb's). It's just not possible, in a world with Middle Ages technology, for a single king to rule a continent the size of South America, unless that king has a flock of giant firebreathing monsters at his command. Fear of the dragons was the only thing that kept the lords of the Seven Kingdoms in line for so long. Without them, a single shitty Targaryen king (Aerys) brought ruination to the whole dynasty.

Hachface on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    That's a lot of backstory that I don't feel like has been revealed in the TV series yet.

But then again, maybe I haven't been paying super close attention to all of the dialog about the history of the realm.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    That's a lot of backstory that I don't feel like has been revealed in the TV series yet.

But then again, maybe I haven't been paying super close attention to all of the dialog about the history of the realm.

It's there. See: Viserys's exposition with Doreah in the bath tub, Tyrion mocking Theon Greyjoy at Winterfell, and any discussion of King Robert overthrowing the Mad King.

Hachface on
  • Options
    CanadianWolverineCanadianWolverine Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I don't think Jaime is a bad person for banging his sister or the queen, I think he is a bad person because the person he is banging is Cersei. She is primo-bitch, they don't really get any bigger, anyone who ignores that or is too dumb to notice just to get some pretty much ends up guilty by association. Cersei is the taint :P

CanadianWolverine on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    devCharlesdevCharles Gainesville, FLRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    The backstory presented is internally consistent with what has been presented on the show. My girlfriend has been able to follow the whole thing without too much trouble.

devCharles on
    Xbox Live: Hero Protag
    SteamID: devCharles
    twitter: https://twitter.com/charlesewise
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    aw man

man

So It Goes on
  • Options
    Alfred J. KwakAlfred J. Kwak is it because you were insulted when I insulted your hair?Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    for a single king to rule a continent the size of South America.

is it (Westeros)? I thought it was more the size of Great Britain.

also, no one can truly hate Jaime, his actor is just too good and his character too charismatic for that. Rather similarly, I don't think many people are hating on Littlefinger despite what he did.

on a completely unrelated note, I think my favorite character is currently Ser Jorah Mormon

question for the the book readers:
    Does Tyron's tent lady play any important role later in the series or was it just a one-time appearance?

Alfred J. Kwak on
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    for a single king to rule a continent the size of South America.

is it (Westeros)? I thought it was more the size of Great Britain.

also, no one can truly hate Jaime, his actor is just too good and his character too charismatic for that. Rather similarly, I don't think many people are hating on Littlefinger despite what he did.

on a completely unrelated note, I think my favorite character is currently Ser Jorah Mormon

question for the the book readers:
    Does Tyron's tent lady play any important role later in the series or was it just a one-time appearance?

Westeros is (according to Martin) supposed to be around the size of South America.

Travel times between places makes this highly unrealistic.

Best to think of it as a hand-wave hand-wave larger than Britain, smaller than South America.

Non-spoilery answer to question:
    Yes

Jragghen on
  • Options
    Alfred J. KwakAlfred J. Kwak is it because you were insulted when I insulted your hair?Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    oh, nice, thanks

or should I say, niiice

Alfred J. Kwak on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Disgust forever for littlefinger. Robb should cut his arm off and then beat him to death with it.

Hank_Scorpio on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    or maybe it's just me who only distinguishes between 'fun to watch' (such as Tyron, Jaime, Littlefinger, Bronn, Ser Jorah) and 'not fun to watch' (Joffrey, Sansa, Cersei)

Alfred J. Kwak on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Joffrey might be more fun to watch now that he's basically Emperor Palpatine.

Hank_Scorpio on
  • Options
    RinzlerRinzler Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    As a straight male, I feel comfortable in saying that Jaime is ridiculously handsome.

Rinzler on
  • Options
    DemiurgeDemiurge Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I think it seems pretty obvious that Tywin Lannister knows about Joffreys parentage. He's interested in establishing a "dynasty that will last a thousand years". I suppose that it'll be easy enough to recognize Joffrey as a Lion later on when Robert has been dead a while by just bribing everyone else or killing Roberts family.

Demiurge on
    DQ0uv.png 5E984.png
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Yeah Jaime is handsome as fuck and the actor playing him is 40.

Hank_Scorpio on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I wanted Ned to fight Jaime again and kick his fucking ass. He was totally winning in their fight before he got stabbed in the leg.

Hank_Scorpio on
  • Options
    AstnsAstns Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I wanted Ned to fight Jaime again and kick his fucking ass. He was totally winning in their fight before he got stabbed in the leg.
    I got pretty much the opposite impression, that Jaime was playing with him. I always thought that Ned was supposed to be a great commander but not necessarily amazing at personal combat, wheras Jaime is thought of as the best swordsman in Westros.

Astns on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Astns wrote: »
    I got pretty much the opposite impression, that Jaime was playing with him. I always thought that Ned was supposed to be a great commander but not necessarily amazing at personal combat, wheras Jaime is thought of as the best swordsman in Westros.
    Eh, maybe. Jaime's expression at 1:14: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzwAm3-CFXM tells me he's actually scared of Ned's power. Jaime might be more properly trained and skilled, but Ned fought with more fury and power. Even if Jaime ended up winning in a real fight, I don't think it would be easy.

Hank_Scorpio on
This discussion has been closed.