As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Halfway Decent Hockey Thread that is BACK, BABY

• chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Wook, you should be a coach!

chromdom on
  • nateknatek unh unh Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    the wook wrote: »
    If Vancouver has any hopes of winning this game, they should just pull the goalie now. 50 minutes of 6-on-5 should be enough to put 4 goals past Thomas, and it's not like their goalies are doing anything anyway.

looks like they took your advice but forgot to do the whole pulling the goalie part

natek on
  • Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Raymond being taken out of the building by stretcher, off to the hospital :(

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    natek wrote: »
    the wook wrote: »
    If Vancouver has any hopes of winning this game, they should just pull the goalie now. 50 minutes of 6-on-5 should be enough to put 4 goals past Thomas, and it's not like their goalies are doing anything anyway.

looks like they took your advice but forgot to do the whole pulling the goalie part

this is a good post

#pipe on
  • BorommakotBorommakot Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I love how as Luongo was getting pulled they had the quote he made during the press conference the other day up on screen.

Something something pride something something fall.

Borommakot on
  • the cheatthe cheat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2011
    gotta suck being the backup goalie for boston. just wearin that bench out.

the cheat on
    tKfL2Yd.png?1
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
  • AceFantasticAceFantastic Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    That goal means this series can't tie for the most shutouts in a series.

AceFantastic on
    tegan.jpg
  • Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    wooo 2 goals

suck it boston

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Hey, hey Squall.

Hockey.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
    edited June 2011
  • SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Dubh wrote: »
    Hey, hey Squall.

Hockey.

oh, that thing you don't watch?

Squall on
  • KelbaenorKelbaenor Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Broooooooooooooooooooooooons! Game 7! Please please figure out how to take a shrink ray to the Garden and take it with you!

Kelbaenor on
    PSN: Kelbaenor
    edited June 2011
    seriously though what the fuck is up with the nucks

they've lost all of their pazazz

The Bruins crumbled under Tampa Bay's powerplay and the nucks are supposed to have the best powerplay in the NHL and they're like 2 for 30 or something ridiculous

#pipe on
  • The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Just once, figure out how to win a game on the road this series. For f's sake. Spray paint a crude B at center ice if you have to and invite actual bears to sit in the stands. I am willing to try anything. How can you whup them so badly at home and then barely squeak out a loss every time away? It's mind boggling.

The Otaku Suppository on
  • L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Any head injury should result with a suspension, and deniers should be put in their place.

so are head injuries special or does this apply for back/neck ones too?

L|ama on
  • StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Well that was awful to watch

Hopefully the winning at home trend continues.

Knew Boston was gonna come with everything they had, Nucks seemed cocky in pre-game stuff too... uggghhhhhh

Staleghoti on
    tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Squall wrote: »
    Dubh wrote: »
    Hey, hey Squall.

Hockey.

oh, that thing you don't watch?

Hey, I support your habit. Especially when my team wins.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
    edited June 2011
    I didn't expect them to win at all, but I didn't expect luongo to shit the bed so hard and so quickly either

that said the score was better than either of the previous away games so they shhhhhhould take game 7 unless Luongo chokes even harder

L|ama on
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    #pipe wrote: »
    seriously though what the fuck is up with the nucks

they've lost all of their pazazz

The Bruins crumbled under Tampa Bay's powerplay and the nucks are supposed to have the best powerplay in the NHL and they're like 2 for 30 or something ridiculous

The Sharks were the BEST Powerplay and Pk's this season yet again

They really need to build a 2nd and 3rd line

Brainleech on
  • MVikingMViking Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Hanging out by the Garden was so much fun tonight. Looking forward to being down there again on Wednesday.

I swear to the hockey gods if the Bruins win the cup I'm getting their logo tattooed on my arm.

MViking on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MVikingMViking Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Also, I sat next to the only Vancouver fans on the train back to my town. Everyone was pretty generally rowdy, but friendly to the Nucks fans.

Didn't see much in the way of Bruins fans supposed assholeishness. Though I suppose it might have been way worse if the Bruins had lost.

MViking on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I'm just excited that I get to actually watch game 7 instead of hearing everyone react while I just cook food for them.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
    edited June 2011
    I'll have to listen to it on the radio at work like a tool

#pipe on
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Bummer.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
    edited June 2011
    that sucks

I've got an exam tomorrow and then nothing on gameday, it's pretty lucky really

L|ama on
    edited June 2011
    Gonna have to try to not work late -- oh, and try to take care of all the stuff in the house that needs taking care of today! Don't want any interruptions tomorrow night.

chromdom on
  • Cargo CultureCargo Culture Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    chromdom wrote: »
    Gonna have to try to not work late -- oh, and try to take care of all the stuff in the house that needs taking care of today! Don't want any interruptions tomorrow night.

It must be nice to have playoff games that run from 5-8pm.

Cargo Culture on
    [SIGPIC]I did warn you not to trust me.[/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2011
    It's not as good as ones that start at 7:30, but yeah, it's pretty sweet

chromdom on
  • SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    games ending at 1130 make me risk being a tired piece of shit at work the next day

Squall on
  • KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Media Release: Mason Raymond sustained a vertebrae compression fracture. He is expected to be out of the lineup for 3-4 months.

http://canucks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=565784

Kochikens on
  • LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So using the same criteria as the Horton hit, that he didn't have the puck and it resulted in a serious injury, that should be a 4 game suspension, right?

LTM on
  • KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Raymond had Boychuk's stick caught between his legs when he was awkwardly run backwards into the boards. He remained face down on the ice for several minutes before being helped off the surface and was then transported to hospital for further evaluation.

The play went unpenalized and the furious Canucks called for a league review. That review isn't expected to occur.

“The referee said he lost his edge - I don't know,” said Canucks captain Henrik Sedin. “I'm sure for one game, we can have guys step up and play those minutes.”

Boychuk claimed he didn't know what occurred on the play.

“I have no clue what happened,” said Boychuk. “The ref was yelling at me to let him up. I tried to let him up, but he didn't get up. I don't even really remember the play. I don't know what was wrong with him.”

Read more: http://www.canada.com/Canucks+Mason+Raymond+three+four+months+with+fractured+vertebrae/4943814/story.html#ixzz1PH5fCGYc

Kochikens on
  • BorommakotBorommakot Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    The puck was at Raymond's feet when Boychuk and Raymond got physical with each other. Boychuk started the check legally and finished it because that's what good defensemen do.

Borommakot on
    edited June 2011
    LTM on
    edited June 2011
    LTM wrote: »
    So using the same criteria as the Horton hit, that he didn't have the puck and it resulted in a serious injury, that should be a 4 game suspension, right?

It should be a FORTY SEASON SUSPENSION

Staleghoti on
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
    edited June 2011
    What was it some people called for on the Chara hit? "He should be suspended for as long as Pacioretty is out"?

LTM on
    edited June 2011
    Arrest him!

I read the word spiiiiine somewhere and that means he's paralyzed!

Staleghoti on
  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Raymond was lucky to stand up. When I saw that live I thought he broke something. He should have been on a stretcher. That's a brutal hit. No cushion at all. Just pure spine compression.

Jasconius on
    edited June 2011
    sens_43356.jpg

Staleghoti on
This discussion has been closed.