As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Dovahkiin! Dovahkiin! Something, something, [Daggerfall]!

• Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Druhim wrote: »
    It's skoomagate all over again!

This is not getting enough love.

Darth Waiter on
  • BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    wait it breathes axes like how a dragon breathes fire or it actually uses axes for respiration?

Because they would require a lot of axes.

BigDes on
    steam_sig.png
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    It's skoomagate all over again!

This is not getting enough love.

Not nearly enough.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2011
    BigDes wrote: »
    wait it breathes axes like how a dragon breathes fire or it actually uses axes for respiration?

Because they would require a lot of axes.

Shoots axe-breath.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    This just in- the only ranged weapon in the game is a bag of rocks you find next to the exit of the first dungeon. Right next to where you find the DLC Dragon Spine Staff.

There's only eight stones, so make sure to pick-up after every fight.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    a spell that turns all the air around your enemy to axes

Cilla Black on
  • Wandering HeroWandering Hero Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

Wait wait... ALL the air? So molecule sized axes? Or larger axes? But then that begs the question what happens to the air in between those axes?

Wandering Hero on
    Not today.
  • GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Dual shields

Zen you are a man with fine tastes

Gumpy on
  • KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

Wait wait... ALL the air? So molecule sized axes? Or larger axes? But then that begs the question what happens to the air in between those axes?

Infinitely smaller axes

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    i'm quitting my job on nov 10th or something
    gosh
    that would be a terrible idea
    is it november yet

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    This needs to be posted since it hasn't been yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9eGtyqz4gY

Zay on
    sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Dual shields
    Board 'n board

Platy on
  • Wandering HeroWandering Hero Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

Infinitely smaller axes

Skyrim profession: Physaxes

The study of smaller and smaller axes. They are looking to build a new facility where giants throw smaller and smaller axes at each other and when they collide they attempt to observe the smaller axes that form from those collisions.

Wandering Hero on
    Not today.
  • GalyGaly Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Dual-wielding shields and then using them offensively like the Spartans would be sweet.

Also you know in Looney Toons when some poor sap gets his head smashed between two cymbals? Like that but with shields.

Galy on
    mustache w/ hat c|:{
    edited June 2011

If all the air is turned into axes, then the space between the axes isn't air, it's vacuum.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
    edited June 2011
    now i'm imagining if this occurred spontaneously and the horror of what everything would look like a few seconds after...

we have air in our lungs
    and then it'd be axes
    and all around us, axes

axes everywhere

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Axes all the way down

Peccavi on
    edited June 2011
    now i'm imagining if this occurred spontaneously and the horror of what everything would look like a few seconds after...

we have air in our lungs
    and then it'd be axes
    and all around us, axes

axes everywhere

like that comic about the girl whose power is to summon kittens, and the bad guy she's facing laughs at her..until she summons kittens inside his body.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    like that comic about the girl whose power is to summon kittens, and the bad guy she's facing laughs at her..until she summons kittens inside his body.

Which is frightening, really. Kittens are adorable right up until the point they don't feel like being held or constrained in any way. They morph from fluffy bundles into fur-coated-needle-death in about half a heartbeat.

Darth Waiter on
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011

we have air in our lungs
    and then it'd be axes
    and all around us, axes

axes everywhere

990711-squirrel_girl_owns_thanos_super.jpg

Brolo on
  • KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Rolo wrote: »

we have air in our lungs
    and then it'd be axes
    and all around us, axes

axes everywhere

990711-squirrel_girl_owns_thanos_super.jpg

delightful

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    i'm quitting my job on nov 10th or something
    gosh
    that would be a terrible idea
    is it november yet

I've used holiday allowance to make the release part of a four day weekend. As November draws closer I might throw the rest of my holiday allowance at it.

If there's a delay, I'm going to be pissed. Hopefully I don't snap and go on a rampage at Gamestation wearing nothing but a horned helmet and lizard print underwear.

Also, much love for the thread title.

Rhesus Positive on
    [Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    yay!

also I have decided not to order a video card until they release specs
    I'm sure you all wanted to know that

Tam on
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Tam wrote: »
    yay!

also I have decided not to order a video card until they release specs
    I'm sure you all wanted to know that

I went ahead and built a new PC a few months ago for this game. I figure an ATI 6970 should be able to at least run the game. If it can't well then fuck my ass, I'll have to upgrade again.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
    edited June 2011
    damn, if that turns out to be the minimum, I'm fucked

most guesses were going somewhere around the GTX 460

Tam on
  • MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    November 11th is a Friday. Do games get released on Fridays? I always thought it was Tuesdays around these parts.

Maximum on
    edited June 2011
    i think i have a gtx460
    i built my comp near a year ago or so

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    MaximumJ wrote: »
    November 11th is a Friday. Do games get released on Fridays? I always thought it was Tuesdays around these parts.

Fuck days of the week, it's all about the eleventh of the eleventh oh eleven.

I might try to get the time on the receipt to be 11:11.

Rhesus Positive on
    [Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
    edited June 2011
    i will find a stone vertical epic 11.11.11 ale and will drink that while playing skyrim

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
    edited June 2011
    there were specifics on the Wiki page I hadn't read before:
    when the player enters a dungeon for the first time, the monsters within lock to the player's level permanently, even if visited later at a higher level
    Shields can be used with a bashing attack, and timing is required for blocking with a shield. Blunt, bladed, hacking and stabbing weapons each have specific advantages and roles; as an example, the player is granted the ability to perform finishing moves. There are over eighty-five spell types, which can be used in ranged and close combat forms. Spell types have specific qualities; a frost spell slows and drains stamina, while a fire spell causes prolonged damage through burning, and may also ignite the environment. When practicing archery, arrows take longer to draw back than in previous Elder Scrolls games, but do greater damage. Because of this, arrows are expensive and considered rarities. A player equipped with a bow can use it defensively in close combat, in a charging counterattack. The player can sneak, and non-player characters (NPCs) become alerted if the player's movements are detected. Daggers are specifically effective when used in a sneak attack, inflicting devastating damage.
    Events such as dueling are randomly-generated encounters, taking influence from Bethesda's previous game Fallout 3.

Tam on
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Tam wrote: »
    there were specifics on the Wiki page I hadn't read before:
    when the player enters a dungeon for the first time, the monsters within lock to the player's level permanently, even if visited later at a higher level
    Shields can be used with a bashing attack, and timing is required for blocking with a shield. Blunt, bladed, hacking and stabbing weapons each have specific advantages and roles; as an example, the player is granted the ability to perform finishing moves. There are over eighty-five spell types, which can be used in ranged and close combat forms. Spell types have specific qualities; a frost spell slows and drains stamina, while a fire spell causes prolonged damage through burning, and may also ignite the environment. When practicing archery, arrows take longer to draw back than in previous Elder Scrolls games, but do greater damage. Because of this, arrows are expensive and considered rarities. A player equipped with a bow can use it defensively in close combat, in a charging counterattack. The player can sneak, and non-player characters (NPCs) become alerted if the player's movements are detected. Daggers are specifically effective when used in a sneak attack, inflicting devastating damage.
    Events such as dueling are randomly-generated encounters, taking influence from Bethesda's previous game Fallout 3.

The first thing sounds awful.

Says nothing about create-a-spell, which is kinda worrysome.

How they fuck are arrows rare when trees are everywhere

I love randomly generated encounters

Zen Vulgarity on
  • CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    No fletchers to turn the wood into arrows

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Pretty bad reason

Zen Vulgarity on
  • 101101 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I hope arrows aren't too rare/expensive.

Playing as a sneaky archer is fun

101 on
    edited June 2011
    I like the specific advantage of different weapons
    I didn't like sneak attacking being the same with a sword or a dagger in Oblivion

also yeah, the level lock (at least for me) and rare arrow system seem pretty bad
    I like exploring broad areas even early on, and I want pushovers at high levels even less than I want god-beasts at high levels

and also yeah, I can see like, magic arrows being rare, but arrows in general being rare is ridiculous

Tam on
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    if you just found it on a wiki, are you sure it's reliable info

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
    edited June 2011
    it's from Wikipedia
    it's all sourced from interviews with Todd Howard and articles from GameInformer, I believe

Tam on
  • CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    If you don't have to turn an enemy into a porcupine to drop them with a bow then it might not be a huge deal, assuming this is accurate info

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
    edited June 2011
    Or I could work as a woodcutter and then fletch some arrows

If I had to make the arrows myself and I couldn't just find them anywhere

That's fine

Can I help fund the forums in some way

I honestly wouldn't mind a $10 fee for this place at this point just for server stability

Zen Vulgarity on
    edited June 2011
    actually, yeah, if the forum administration asked for donations, I'd be ready to give some
    the same way I give a few bucks to them libruls on NPR when they ask

Tam on
This discussion has been closed.