As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAXTrain is over: Share your pictures and stories.

• ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    The shirt reminds me of the whole communist theme we had before.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Love the design!

When you find a printer, please let us know what brand of shirts they're using, if possible, so we can order the best-fitting size possible. I don't know about anybody else, but I end up being either XL or XXL, depending on the manufacturer.

CuvisTheConqueror on
    xderwsaxganu.png
  • Sgt SupermanSgt Superman Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Hello,

I hope to be getting on the train in Olympia / Lacey. Short ride, but looks like it will be fun.

I had a few little items of feedback on the T-shirt design:

1. The list of cities at the bottom feels too heavy and dark. I would play around with changing the color, it just feels like there needs to be some white down in that area, whether the letters are white, or the background is white. Or maybe black letters with no background to lighten the area would work?

2. A very minor thing, it looks like a bullet was left out between the words Vancouver and Kelso / Longview.

3. The "PAX" & "2011" look a little too much like they are just placed on top and not integrated into the design. The solution could be as simple as putting an outline around them to break the design underneath away from the edge, which is probably the best solution for "PAX", but for "2011" it would be really cool if it could some how be incorporated into the "honeycomb" design while still standing out.

Of course if nothing is changed it is still a really cool design and I want one.

Sgt Superman on
    Now you know, and knowing is half the battle.
  • CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    1. The list of cities at the bottom feels too heavy and dark. I would play around with changing the color, it just feels like there needs to be some white down in that area, whether the letters are white, or the background is white. Or maybe black letters with no background to lighten the area would work?

Actually, I think you're right here, come to think of it; doing the city names in white would probably help balance the design a bit better.

CuvisTheConqueror on
    xderwsaxganu.png
  • LordFizzlebeefLordFizzlebeef Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

I agree with this, and look forward to a purchase order.

LordFizzlebeef on
  • Weenog42Weenog42 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    T-Shirt post edited with design ver 1.1:

1 - City names area is lighter, now black on red background rather than red on black
    2 - Spacing and bullet points on all city names are correct
    3 - Hex pattern looked weird when empty, with some icons, or full of icons, so it got the axe. Sorry, fellow tabletoppers. Have some conciliatory Meeples.
    4 - PAX and 2011 text changed with the new black background.

Weenog42 on
  • TimeCruiserMikeTimeCruiserMike Past Organizer of the West Coast Train Trip San Fernando ValleyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    please tell me i'm not the only one who thinks this design would look good on a button.

TimeCruiserMike on
    SkOelFN.png
    {Fondly remembers the PAXTrain}
  • TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Well it's round and buttons are round so...

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
    edited June 2011
    Weenog42 wrote: »
    T-Shirt post edited with design ver 1.1:

1 - City names area is lighter, now black on red background rather than red on black
    2 - Spacing and bullet points on all city names are correct
    3 - Hex pattern looked weird when empty, with some icons, or full of icons, so it got the axe. Sorry, fellow tabletoppers. Have some conciliatory Meeples.
    4 - PAX and 2011 text changed with the new black background.

Nice, but I do think the lower half of the inner circle needs a little something. If not that hex pattern, than something else. Don't get me wrong, though, it looks great as-is.

CuvisTheConqueror on
    xderwsaxganu.png
    edited June 2011
    I like this design much better, nicely done.

However, I have to disagree on the bullet points being correct. Vancouver & Kelso/Longiew are two different stops. It should look like this, Vancouver • Kelso•Longview

Let me know if I am wrong and am seeing something different.

Sgt Superman on
    edited June 2011
    Thanks Sgt Superman, I'll get that fixed. I'll also make sure that bullets are bullets and hyphens are hyphens, as required.

Weenog42 on
  • Jenny_SpaghettiJenny_Spaghetti I am 3 ginger midgets in a trench coat. Calgary, CanadalandRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Am I allowed to pretend that the "Vancouver" is the one in BC so that the shirt is correct to my particular trip? :)

Jenny_Spaghetti on
  • MaetrixMaetrix Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Am I allowed to pretend that the "Vancouver" is the one in BC so that the shirt is correct to my particular trip? :)

Can I second this? ;)

Maetrix on
    Blog | Twitter | Raptr | BUTTONEER!
    PAX2011 STATUS:"WAS MONDO AWESOME!"
    PAX2012 STATUS:"Is it too soon yet?!"
  • SpaceGhost2KSpaceGhost2K Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I don't get to take the train this year, but I'm begging you to let me buy a shirt anyway. Does that spoil it for the train guys if a non-train guy gets a shirt? I mean, I did all the rock band stuff with the projector and everything last year, so maybe you could find it in you to make an exception, like make me an honorary train guy? (ps I'll pay $20 for a men's XL)

SpaceGhost2K on
  • ElmoFuntzElmoFuntz Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So if we are doing the reverse WCTT (ie the return) can we still get one? I am getting on the train just previous to the official WCTT train on Wed :( because I want to get there earlier to meet a friend flying in. Also are they shipped out to us or handed out on the train or what? If handed out that would probably make getting mine for the reverse a bit hard since someone would have to cart it around for 5 days.

As for designs I love the design not so much partial to the red shirt color though... I prefer a nice black or blue myself. I know that would make the design have to change color though. Speaking of which at least from the full size shots it seems to me the black inner part really makes it hard to tell that's a train and all but it might look better in person.

ElmoFuntz on
    Go for the eyes Boo, GO FOR THE EYES!
    vn6ID15.png

• ElmoFuntzElmoFuntz Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I like this design much better, nicely done.

However, I have to disagree on the bullet points being correct. Vancouver & Kelso/Longiew are two different stops. It should look like this, Vancouver • Kelso•Longview

Let me know if I am wrong and am seeing something different.

Actually according to Amtrak you are both incorrect. The station is Kelso-Longview (KEL) there should be a dash between the 2 and a bullet before Kelso and after Longview at least if you are putting in station names. Kelso and Vancouver are about 40 miles apart though so they defiantly do not share a station :) OTOH Kelso and Longview are 2 miles apart.

ElmoFuntz on
    Go for the eyes Boo, GO FOR THE EYES!
    vn6ID15.png

edited June 2011
    Right, it should be Vancouver * Kelso-Longview * Centralia

I thought I recalled another hyphenated stop as well. I'll double check it - I thought the text was just ripped from last year's shirt, but I'm not the graphics wizard, my better half is. I just work here.

If you are riding the train either direction you can certainly buy a shirt, although I will only be riding up, so you'll need to make arrangements to meet me at the con. I'm also not above selling shirts to those who have contributed to past trips.

Weenog42 on
    edited June 2011
    Olympia-Lacey needs hyphenated as well.
    Looks like Eugene-Springfield too.

Sgt Superman on
  • Cuddly AardvarkCuddly Aardvark Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    ElmoFuntz wrote: »
    So if we are doing the reverse WCTT (ie the return) can we still get one? I am getting on the train just previous to the official WCTT train on Wed :( because I want to get there earlier to meet a friend flying in. Also are they shipped out to us or handed out on the train or what? If handed out that would probably make getting mine for the reverse a bit hard since someone would have to cart it around for 5 days.

As for designs I love the design not so much partial to the red shirt color though... I prefer a nice black or blue myself. I know that would make the design have to change color though. Speaking of which at least from the full size shots it seems to me the black inner part really makes it hard to tell that's a train and all but it might look better in person.

I'm gonna second this. I was gonna train both ways, but there is just no way your gonna get me to sit still for 24 hours on the way to Pax. So I'm flying up there, only 2 hours thankfully, and Coast Starlighting it down. I also would also prefer black. (I plan on buying it either way though, even just to hang it on my wall, if I am aloud to buy it only going the one way.

Cuddly Aardvark on
  • TimeCruiserMikeTimeCruiserMike Past Organizer of the West Coast Train Trip San Fernando ValleyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I'm gonna second this. I was gonna train both ways, but there is just no way your gonna get me to sit still for 24 hours on the way to Pax.

I'll let you in on a secret, but you have to promise not to tell anyone
    Most of us PAXTrain goers can't sit still that long either. Good thing we don't need to.

TimeCruiserMike on
    SkOelFN.png
  • Adonus76Adonus76 RDJ's Boat HouseRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I'm gonna second this. I was gonna train both ways, but there is just no way your gonna get me to sit still for 24 hours on the way to Pax.

I'll let you in on a secret, but you have to promise not to tell anyone
    Most of us PAXTrain goers can't sit still that long either. Good thing we don't need to.

.....I have to constantly dougie or i'll die

Adonus76 on
  • ArcoArco Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I love you all and I wish I could take the train. <3

Arco on
    Like this, not like the gas station.
    Organizer of the Post-PAX Party. You should come!
    Satellite Theater for life!
  • bitemarxbitemarx Registered User new member
    edited June 2011
    I'm seriously considering taking the train up (but flying down, I gotta get back to work). It'd the Pacific Surfliner from Oceanside to LA Union and then up to Seattle with the rest of the crowd...

Someone please convince me that this is a good choice!!!

bitemarx on
    edited June 2011
    This is a good choice.

LordFizzlebeef on
    edited June 2011
    If you do not do this I will come for you in the night.

Adonus76 on
  • drspacemonkey2drspacemonkey2 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Since we're technically travelling from somewhere on the west coast, and we are technically travelling by train, just thought I'd throw this out there:

-On the way to PAX-

Train: 513 Cascades
    Departs:
    Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada (Vac)
    Wednesday August 24, 2011 6:40AM
    Arrives:
    Seattle (Amtrak), Washington (Sea)
    Wednesday August 24, 2011 11:05AM

-On the way back from PAX-

Train: 516 Cascades
    Departs:
    Seattle (Amtrak), Washington (Sea)
    Monday August 29, 2011 6:50PM
    Arrives:
    Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada (Vac)
    Monday August 29, 2011 10:50PM

Dang, so close.

My brother and I are on the later train the same day on the way down, but we're with you on the way back up. Woulda taken the earlier train, but my flight in to YVR doesn't land until 2pm.

Vancouver, BC (VAC) to Seattle, WA (SEA)
    24-AUG-11; 5:45 pm - 24-AUG-11; 10:10 pm

Seattle, WA (SEA) to Vancouver, BC (VAC)
    29-AUG-11; 6:50 pm - 29-AUG-11; 10:50 pm

drspacemonkey2 on
  • Jenny_SpaghettiJenny_Spaghetti I am 3 ginger midgets in a trench coat. Calgary, CanadalandRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Yeah, we're going early cause we wanted to get down there in time for the MMT. :)

Dang, so close.

My brother and I are on the later train the same day on the way down, but we're with you on the way back up. Woulda taken the earlier train, but my flight in to YVR doesn't land until 2pm.

Vancouver, BC (VAC) to Seattle, WA (SEA)
    24-AUG-11; 5:45 pm - 24-AUG-11; 10:10 pm

Seattle, WA (SEA) to Vancouver, BC (VAC)
    29-AUG-11; 6:50 pm - 29-AUG-11; 10:50 pm

Jenny_Spaghetti on
  • Curse-TenCurse-Ten Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So I'm buying my train tickets tonight. I plan on coming from the Portland station. One question: I currently have a full size Portal Gun prop I intend to take with me on the train (It will be in a box). Seeing as I usually take the Centralia station which honestly is like a ghost station; does the Portland station check your bags or boxes? I don't want to have to explain exactly what it is.

Curse-Ten on
    edited June 2011
    In my experience getting on in LA there's been no security at all. It should be fine.

Weenog42 on
    edited July 2011
    Just bumping this up just in case any other west coast PAX-grims haven't seen it yet

CuvisTheConqueror on
    xderwsaxganu.png
  • smerksmerk Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    All tickets bought. The warm tingly sensation tells me PAX is close!

Pizza in Portland sounds like a genius plan.
    Also if someone is making a VD run, can I underwrite an enhancement to the purchase?

Those getting on at LAX, what time are you getting to the station?

smerk on
    What is this 'Pants' of which you speak?
    edited July 2011
    Any update on the shirts? I want to continue to make my coworkers jealous.

LordFizzlebeef on
  • Slipstream0Slipstream0 Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    smerk wrote: »
    Also if someone is making a VD run, can I underwrite an enhancement to the purchase?

This! :) I can throw some $$ at this and Pizza as well.

Slipstream0 on
    edited July 2011
    I'll probably be getting there around 8:30-ish. My goal is to collect nerds as they wander in so that we have this mass congregation in the lobby which will then proceed to swarm to the train like locusts. Also so I can answer questions to the best of my ability and help people get their boarding passes, check their luggage, stuff like that.

TimeCruiserMike on
    SkOelFN.png
    edited July 2011
    Arikado and I will probably show up around the same time.

Adonus76 on
    edited July 2011

I plan to leave Lancaster around 8AM, which means I should hit Union Station around 9:30 or so. I'll wear my ROACH shirt.

CuvisTheConqueror on
    xderwsaxganu.png
    edited August 2011
    T-SHIRT DESIGN!!!

Final Version:

pax-WCTT2011.jpg

PRICES:

Men's Sizes:
    S-XL, $8
    XXL $9
    XXXL $10

Ladies Sizes (Ladies cut T)
    S-XL $11
    XXL $12

Okay, declaring cutoff for T-Shirts. I am still accepting paypal, if you did sign up.

Want a T-Shirt but missed the signup?

I have a moderate amount of extras (mostly Mens L). I will distribute these on Thursday after our stop in Portland, which should be around 4:30pm, via some sort of raffle / auction / deathmatch. In the unlikely event that I have too many shirts, some will go to the train staff and any others will be auctioned for Child's Play.
    PREPAY:

You can prepay via paypal to weenog42@yahoo.com
    I will accept cash on the train, but paying in advance makes distribution much easier. And since I have to pay the printer in advance, this helps ease my wallet.

SHIPPING:

A number of people have requested shipping information, so here it is. I plan to have the shirts 2 weeks in advance, so First Class Mail should be fine for most people. If you are international, or if you are buying more than 2 shirts, send me a PM.

USPS First Class Mail (5-7 day delivery) - $2.50
    USPS Priority Mail (2 day delivery) - $5

NOT TAKING THE TRAIN?

A few people have asked, so let me clarify that if you sign up for and pay for a shirt, you will get a shirt. If your plans change and you cannot take the train, or if you're not taking the train this year but have in years past, you can still sign up. You'll just have to meet me at the expo to pick it up. Oh, and promise your first born to take the train next year. I'll have my smartphone, so I can still read the forums and PMs at PAX.

Weenog42 on
    edited July 2011
    Any idea what brand of shirts are being used?

CuvisTheConqueror on
    xderwsaxganu.png
    edited July 2011
    Any idea what brand of shirts are being used?

Men's is Gildan, 5000
    Ladies' is American Apparel, 2102

100% cotton

Weenog42 on
    edited July 2011
    Tried to put myself on the spreadsheet, but it keeps coming up read-only. Can you check the permissions?

CuvisTheConqueror on
    xderwsaxganu.png