As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

about the lost posts/threads in G&T

DeusfauxDeusfaux Registered User regular
not that it really matters, but does that mean teh forum treats those users as if the had never made them? Say like... their post count is decreased for every unrecovered post?

I'm curious

Deusfaux on

• JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited April 2006
    I don't think so.

If that were the case then auto-pruning would make your postcount go down.... and I don't think it does.

Jasconius on
  • ToastToast Registered User regular
    edited April 2006
    You're suggesting that the forum does a search through the entire history of the forum and counts your posts every time it wants to check your postcount?

Toast on
  • DeusfauxDeusfaux Registered User regular
    edited April 2006
    do i look like a database programmer!

i guess it is just like a counter then, in each time you hit submit your count goes up?

i swear i remember certain things happening in the past though like deleted threads or something could bring it down.

or somethign could (apart from manually changing it of course)

Deusfaux on
  • OglethorpeOglethorpe Registered User regular
    edited April 2006
    You look more like a kitten than a db programmer.

Why the emphasis on post count? If it were a big deal, there would be a value system added, therefore, I could look away from people with high post counts but low degrees of valuable posting material.

Oglethorpe on
    The power of accurate observation is often called cynicism by those who have not got it.
    -George Bernard Shaw
  • PheezerPheezer Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2006
    Holy fuck this is a stupid, stupid thread to have.

You're not allowed to post here unless you can be less fucking superfluous.

Good fuck. Seriously. This makes me want to get alpha drunk enough to give me db access so that I can fix your post count at 1.

Pheezer on
    IT'S GOT ME REACHING IN MY POCKET IT'S GOT ME FORKING OVER CASH
    CUZ THERE'S SOMETHING IN THE MIDDLE AND IT'S GIVING ME A RASH
This discussion has been closed.