As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Marvel's September 2011 Solicitations

OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
edited June 2011 in Graphic Violence
CBR's got Marvel's September-solicits up. Here's a few of the covers (which may be a little spoilerish) that I saw and liked.
fearithf006cov.jpg
herc007cvrcol.jpg
jim627covcoltif.jpg
tbolts163cov.jpg
ultxmv2001medinavar.jpg

Owenashi on

• CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    FI #6. "while amongst unbelievable chaos and destruction, Spider-Man makes the choice of a lifetime!"

I bet that is what Fraction was hinting at during his Heroes Con panel.
    That one of the heroes just gives up to go die with his family.
    And also why editorial put the hammer down about him unmasking as he walks away for just walking away.

Someone seems out of place in that NA cover.

IIM #508. "Tony finishes his work in Svartalfheim and must make the ultimate leap of faith to finish the job"

Hey, those dwarfs do damn good work.

Black Panther. No. Just ... No.

JIM #627-8. Fuck. Yes.

Hulk vs. Dracula. What the fuck? Uh ... Okay. I don't care for vampires, but I'm a bit intrigued.

NEW AVENGERS ANNUAL #1. So Wonder Man is really going to fight the Avengers? Good luck with that.

SECRET AVENGERS #17. Oh, right. I forgot Captain Britain is some kind of reserve Avengers now or something.

Crimsondude on
  • TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Needs more #1s.

Tomanta on
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Well, I guess i'll balance out all the DC purchases by buying all of the ultimate books. Relaunches encourage me to return to the fold.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Doesn't look like I'll be pulling much new stuff. I may buy some of the new Ultimate books, though I traditionally wait for the trades on those.

However, Fear Itself: The Monkey King, looks fun. Juan Doe's an amazing artist, Joshua Fialkov is a pretty decent writer, and the character's full name is Handsome Monkey King. How great is that?

Munch on
  • ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Munch wrote: »
    Doesn't look like I'll be pulling much new stuff. I may buy some of the new Ultimate books, though I traditionally wait for the trades on those.

However, Fear Itself: The Monkey King, looks fun. Juan Doe's an amazing artist, Joshua Fialkov is a pretty decent writer, and the character's full name is Handsome Monkey King. How great is that?

and its apparently connected to the Iron Man 2.0 FI tie in issues featuring the immortal weapons, which means He is likely connected to them as well, which I'm all for.

ManetherenWolf on
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Yeah, in Iron Man 2.0...5? I think. A good half of the issue is taken up by Monkey King and he reads and feels like he walked straight out of Fraction's Immortal Iron Fist.

Pretty excited.

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • MastaPMastaP Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Spider-island looks better than it has any right to be.

Between ASM, Venom, Deadly Hands of Kung Fu, and Spider-Island: Avengers, and maybe even Herc, that's a lot of Spider-man.

And Mark Waid and Marcos Martin's Daredevil has me really excited.

MastaP on
  • GankGank Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Spidey-Herc? Fuck yes. Handsome Monkey King? Fuck yes. Uncanny #537 with Cyttorak imbued Colossus? a-Fuck yes! Hickman on Ultimates and Ult Hawkeye? Oh so very, very fuck yes and why didn't I know this earlier?

And I just realised, Spider-Shocker in a spider island cover and yet not with the other Underbolts on that T-bolts cover? Say it ain't so... (Yes I know it's just a cover, but so help them god...)

Gank on
    galactussig-1.jpg
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Wow, I love Cloud 9's new outfit, very pulp-inspired.

Wildcat on
    edited June 2011
    An homage to Rikki, perhaps?

Crimsondude on
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Wildcat wrote: »
    I do wish it wasn't brown. The same outfit, but in blue and white, would be fantastic.

Munch on
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Munch wrote: »
    Wildcat wrote: »
    I do wish it wasn't brown. The same outfit, but in blue and white, would be fantastic.

I agree, it looks cool but could do with a splash of colour.

Solar on
  • FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

Probably not, since they never met. Looks to be a more 1920's aviator/Amelia Earhart type of thing.

Furu on
    edited June 2011
    I meant by McKeever, but whatever.

Crimsondude on
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Furu wrote: »

Probably not, since they never met. Looks to be a more 1920's aviator/Amelia Earhart type of thing.

I'd say so, and in the process has echoes of The Rocketeer.

Wildcat on
    edited June 2011
    Aw, crap. David Aja is drawing a Wolverine one-shot. I feel so conflicted.

Crimsondude on
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I think Ultimate Hawkeye's Ultimate HUD sight on his Ultimate bow is on the wrong side. My bow is at my parents' place somewhere, but that looks weird.

DouglasDanger on