As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

E3: Now You're Thinking with Two Screens - Wii U Photos in OP

• ScudoScudo Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    all this BF3 media is making me wanna play Bad Company 2

hurk

Scudo on
  • ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Macro9 wrote: »
    They've stolen millions of user passwords from Sony, defaced PBS's website, stole a bunch of internal information from Bethesda, including user info, and done stuff with Epic and Codemasters.

I think the EVE Online and League of Legends stuff is DDOS.

okay I've never been clear on this

what do they have against pbs

pbs was showing some anti-wikileaks documentary

Shabooty on
  • Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    what a bunch of queers

Clint Eastwood on
  • TasteticleTasteticle Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    just beat infamous 2

hot damn what a game

and an actual ending! How bold

Tasteticle on

Uh-oh I accidentally deleted my signature. Uh-oh!!
  • OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2011
    yeah uh assbro isn't exactly the height of nuanced combat

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    More fun than Fable's though

Grey Ghost on
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Tasteticle wrote: »
    just beat infamous 2

hot damn what a game

Really? That's nice to know.

I was a little worried that they'd go the Assassin's Creed route of having a cliffhanger every game.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    The easiest climbing game of the "parkour" genre so far has been Prototype. Mostly because all you had to do was run towards the wall and you just ran up the fucking wall instead of bothering to climb it. No more holding down LT for me, just point and go.

The Otaku Suppository on
  • YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    so i just saw the Prey 2 trailer

I basically want to melt that game down and rub its liquid form all over my body

YaYa on
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited June 2011
    shhhhhhh, I'm hoping he doesn't let it cool down first so he burns himself

DJ Eebs on
  • Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    The trailer actually gives you an idea at what to expect from the game. Just watch some demos of it and you'll see.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I'm honestly getting pretty sick of CGI trailers. They're just so very pointless.

Cilla Black on
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    The Prey 2 trailer showed what looks like a pretty cool new setting, which is the main point in its favor, and it's also got great music and is entertaining to watch

Just like the AC Revelations trailer

While gameplay footage is the most important thing there's nothing wrong with enjoying a well-made piece of promotional footage even if it doesn't actually use in-game elements

Grey Ghost on
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Man.

Uncharted 2 was a really, really, really good game.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2011
    someone tell me how good the 3d pictures are using the 3ds camera

got some dick pix to take when i get that thing

Kusuguttai on
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I'm honestly getting pretty sick of CGI trailers. They're just so very pointless.
    Yeah, Micheal Bay trailers are pretty bad.

Blake T on
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

The only CGI trailers that still get me pumped for a game are from Blizzard. But really, they could announce a game by writing its name in permanent marker on a piece of cardboard and I'd still get hyped.

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Kusuguttai wrote: »
    someone tell me how good the 3d pictures are using the 3ds camera

got some dick pix to take when i get that thing

it's like the dicks are shooting out of the screen at you

VALVEjunkie on
  • KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2011
    i gotta time the pic right so it looks like im cummin in yo face when you see the pic

Kusuguttai on
  • RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2011
    Fishman wrote: »
    More Carrier Command!

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/06/14/hands-on-with-carrier-command/

Look, I realise that I'm probably the only person who thinks this is great, seeing as you'd need to be

a) over 30
    b) probably own an Amiga

to even remember the original, but this could be seriously cool. It's like a vehicular combat/strategy/super-mecha-battleship game, and all of those things happen at the same time.

I'm really hoping for a demo. And possibly a joystick. And free DLC that adds multiplayer.

Fishman

did you ever play Iron Wolves?

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    that game looks like Hostile Waters

Hostile Waters was awesome

I now like this game

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • RubberACRubberAC Sidney BC!Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Man.

Uncharted 2 was a really, really, really good game.

i literally just beat this game
    you are so right

RubberAC on
  • FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Fishman wrote: »
    More Carrier Command!

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/06/14/hands-on-with-carrier-command/

Look, I realise that I'm probably the only person who thinks this is great, seeing as you'd need to be

a) over 30
    b) probably own an Amiga

to even remember the original, but this could be seriously cool. It's like a vehicular combat/strategy/super-mecha-battleship game, and all of those things happen at the same time.

I'm really hoping for a demo. And possibly a joystick. And free DLC that adds multiplayer.

Fishman

did you ever play Iron Wolves?

No, no I did not.

Also, Nimrod: Yes, yes very much so. Hostile Waters is pretty much unacknowledged homage/remake of Carrier Command, but without the license. Hostile Waters owes more to Carrier Command than Bioshock does to System Shock.

Although HW gets bonus credit for Tom Baker and half the cast of Blake's 7. That was just icing.

Fishman on
    X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Kusuguttai wrote: »
    well bale that's just you bein' a big wrong old man

kid icarus, ocarina of time, starfox, super mario, paper mario and

uhhhhhhhhh

animal crossing!

yeahhhh

animal crossing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eso2Sj0S6u0

edit: wow this is irt a post from like a billion years ago

I've already played Ocarina and Star Fox 64 a million times, I'm not going to buy a 3DS to play them again.

and the super mario and kid icarus 3DS games look bad

and no one has ever been able to sufficiently explain to me what exactly is fun about Animal Crossing

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TasteticleTasteticle Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Stilts wrote: »
    Tasteticle wrote: »
    just beat infamous 2

hot damn what a game

Really? That's nice to know.

I was a little worried that they'd go the Assassin's Creed route of having a cliffhanger every game.

No cliffhanger at all

It has been a while since I played a game that has done this

Tasteticle on

Uh-oh I accidentally deleted my signature. Uh-oh!!
  • ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    How does the super Mario game look bad at all. It looks great. Unless you must don't like Mario games. In which case, fair enough.

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Artreus wrote: »
    How does the super Mario game look bad at all. It looks great. Unless you must don't like Mario games. In which case, fair enough.

I don't like how slow it looks. It looks like Mario is always running in molasses.

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    SyphonBlue wrote: »

I don't like how slow it looks. It looks like Mario is always running in molasses.

this

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • InkyblotsInkyblots Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    rhylith wrote: »
    Shabooty wrote: »
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    Macro9 wrote: »
    That ridiculous hacker group has been attacking more sites and servers. Eve Online and League of Legends login servers and such.

minecraft too, I hear

why minecraft

what has minecraft done

If that alpha tester thing turns out to be legit, Notch has broken EU trade law.

what?

Yeah I'd like to see a source on this because I'm not finding it.

I, too, would like information about this maybe thing.

I think, but I'm probably wrong, he is referring to notch promising all alpha testers all future versions of minecraft and minecraft is now getting released over XBLA which is causing some controversy I guess?

Inkyblots on
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAw9S-R76lg

this looks pretty good, and it's out now on steam

do wish I had money

Brolo on
  • ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    It looks like my 3DS already has some dead pixels. That is super dumb

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Iwata has confirmed that the WiiU will not play Blu Ray or DVDs at all.

Goose! on
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Melding wrote: »
    Melding I'm not really.. saying that you need it to make assbro better. It is just.. weird the way you are approaching it to me. The games have a story and things that happen.

I don't know, it seems like skipping a movie in a series of movies. If that makes any sense.

I get that, that's why i read a plot write up and stuff from several different sites. I'm not going into it completely blind story wise. And honestly the game does a pretty good recap once you get back from Rome.
    Other then being kind of silly, i have no issue with the plot. Infamous' plot was silly and i loved that game.

you could ignore all aspects of the AC story and be better off for it. Just play the ones you want to play.

There are dudes who need to be stabbed, and you are the one to do it. Just, go with that.

Langly on
  • ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    It looks like my 3DS already has some dead pixels. That is super dumb

Yeah there's a reason I didn't ever intend on getting a first-gen 3DS. Waiting until DSLite proved to be worth it and I suspect the next 3DS will be similarly improved.
    Goose! wrote: »
    Iwata has confirmed that the WiiU will not play Blu Ray or DVDs at all.

Not too surprising since the Nintendo already announced it will use a proprietary format.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
    edited June 2011
    http://www.youtube.com/embed/9wjK_WAPiFw

kind of a strange direction to take

Brolo on
    edited June 2011
    Brolo on
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Oh hey EA yanked Crysis 2 from steam

Zen Vulgarity on
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    i ordered ass bro yesterday

DouglasDanger on
  • Drew-BDrew-B Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I am something like 14 hours into Brotherhood. It was $40 from XBL's game market, and only took about 3 hours to download.

This game is good. I may be losing steam. I have no idea how far I am through this game.

I suck at playing games like this. I play them like I would a fucking Bethesda RPG, meaning I make my own fun while nibbling at the quests like a mouse on a cookie. I drink that shit in slowly. Unfortunately, I sometimes lose interest far before finishing because of this. It's like I'm terrified of parts of the mini map which progress the main story. The sad part is, those really are the most well-thought out and most fun portions of the game.

I'm pretty sure this is a negative side effect of too many great RPG/Open world games wherein you usually hear the line "If you just focus on the main quest, bla bla bla, 10 hours...explore and do sidequests...30 hours." I tend to hang around too long because I don't want to rush through this stuff and as a result, lose steam as a result. And yes, I realize Brotherhood is a long game in itself. That's probably part of the problem, given how I was playing through it.

edit: Oh, this game get harder? It's a bit easy, apart from some missions where stealth is required. I always have plenty of arrows, smoke bombs, bullets, shin kicks, etc. to easily handle any amount of enemies. The medicine bag which holds over a dozen "instant-100%-restore health packs" doesn't help.

Drew-B on
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Have you gotten to the part where you finally find out what the left bumper does?

Because that moment is pretty magical.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682