As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Nastiest moments in fast food.

12346»

• Options
    AgentofOrangeAgentofOrange Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Once I ordered some wings from Dominos, and upon arrival I found my order covered in human hair. Not just a single strand, I'm talking like someone cut their freggin hair over this open box.
    What the hell do you say to that, I mean that can't even be an accident that I can even imagine happening on the job. And I tip well, I respect the job of delivery boy because I'd hate to have to put up with that.
    The manager only gave me a discount on my next order. I was not entirely satisfied.

AgentofOrange on
  • Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    The nastiest moment I've ever had in my life happened today in line at Chipotle.

I'm in line behind this fairly large, but young, trailer trash family. The father's basically mentally absent, not paying attention to his kids at all, while the mother tries her hardest to wrangle the four childrent that are loose while managing the two that are hoisted on each hip. It was a sad sight before anything actually happened.

So, the father's screaming at one of the kids in an unintelligible drawl in the middle of his order, and the mother's not paying attention to the one that's tugging at her tattered Tweety shirt screaming, "Mommy! I need to go mommy!" Instead, she hands one of the two kids she's holding and walks outside, lighting up with her free hand.

Here's where the gross starts. The kid that was screaming at the mother starts to dance around, hands clasped at his ass. His father, frustrated with his attention-seeking behaviors I can only assume, picks the kid up like a sand bag and tosses him up on the counter so that they are basically eye to eye, leans in and reprimands the poor kid in a way that could only be deserved if the kid killed his mother or something. At this point, the kid's in tears and screaming, still sitting on the counter.

So, what's a distraught six-year-old to do? He evacuates like a dying man. It's not even solid, either. Shades of green and purple flow from this kid like a river of filth. What's worse, his position on the counter allowed this ooze to pass under the fucking sneeze guard, spilling over into the those small rectangular vats full of burrito fix'ns.

I hadn't eaten at that point, and this was going to be a late dinner.

I still haven't eaten today.

Jeeeeeesus Chriiiiiiiiiiiist.

Rear Admiral Choco on
  • Options
    SonosSonos Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    The nastiest moment I've ever had in my life happened today in line at Chipotle.

I'm in line behind this fairly large, but young, trailer trash family. The father's basically mentally absent, not paying attention to his kids at all, while the mother tries her hardest to wrangle the four childrent that are loose while managing the two that are hoisted on each hip. It was a sad sight before anything actually happened.

So, the father's screaming at one of the kids in an unintelligible drawl in the middle of his order, and the mother's not paying attention to the one that's tugging at her tattered Tweety shirt screaming, "Mommy! I need to go mommy!" Instead, she hands one of the two kids she's holding and walks outside, lighting up with her free hand.

Here's where the gross starts. The kid that was screaming at the mother starts to dance around, hands clasped at his ass. His father, frustrated with his attention-seeking behaviors I can only assume, picks the kid up like a sand bag and tosses him up on the counter so that they are basically eye to eye, leans in and reprimands the poor kid in a way that could only be deserved if the kid killed his mother or something. At this point, the kid's in tears and screaming, still sitting on the counter.

So, what's a distraught six-year-old to do? He evacuates like a dying man. It's not even solid, either. Shades of green and purple flow from this kid like a river of filth. What's worse, his position on the counter allowed this ooze to pass under the fucking sneeze guard, spilling over into the those small rectangular vats full of burrito fix'ns.

what the fuck is this shit? i feel genuine pathos for everyone in that restaurant and everyone you have told this to and everyone here.

Sonos on
    Sonovius.png
    PokeCode: 3952 3495 1748
  • Options
    Wonder_HippieWonder_Hippie __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2007
    Once I ordered some wings from Dominos, and upon arrival I found my order covered in human hair. Not just a single strand, I'm talking like someone cut their freggin hair over this open box.
    What the hell do you say to that, I mean that can't even be an accident that I can even imagine happening on the job. And I tip well, I respect the job of delivery boy because I'd hate to have to put up with that.
    The manager only gave me a discount on my next order. I was not entirely satisfied.

It was Domino's that did the same thing to my pizza once, I mentioned it way back on the first page I think. Maybe they treat their employees really, really badly.

Either way, I went to the location and treated that employee really, really badly.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited May 2007
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    Having been on both sides of this issue, I agree with you. Yeah, the earlier they start cleaning the faster they get out of there after close, but honestly, if the sign says 10, be prepared to make shit and re-clean it up until 10.

Places I worked always encouraged the employees to start cleaning early, but the understanding was that if a customer came in at one minute before close, we would serve him, and serve him happily. 9 times out of 10, it wasn't too much trouble to serve someone some ice cream, or bust out some fries, without creating more than five minutes of extra work. And the other 1 time... well, it's sort of our job to be serving these people.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Sonos wrote: »

what the fuck is this shit? i feel genuine pathos for everyone in that restaurant and everyone you have told this to and everyone here.

Oh man. Why did I read this.

My thought process keeps fluctuating from "Mmmm... Chipotle" to "Ewwwww.... Shit Burrito".

Hey... that'd be a good name for an album.

MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    VoodooVVoodooV Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Even though its not a disgusting story, this thread reminds me of this one time I was on a climbing trip to Blue Mounds, MN. The nearby town, Luverne, has this greasy pizza joint that's just a shitty little dive. All my friends have recommended it to me. But every time I've been to Blue Mounds, I've been stuck riding with my friend, and her wussy husband who is apparently afraid of the place. Honestly. The first time we're in Blue Mounds, we decide to eat there after a day of climbing. He's ahead of me and opens the door and walks inside, takes one look at the place and retreats and declares that we're going to pizza hut instead.

God I hate that guy.

Sorry for the tangent

VoodooV on
  • Options
    YarYar Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Parents who are that shitty to their kids (npi) really make me furious.

Yar on
  • Options
    CainCain Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2007
    while it's not a fast food story, being five years old and having a bag of peanut butter m&ms crawling with earwigs is pretty disgusting, let me tell you

Cain on
  • Options
    EndomaticEndomatic Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    How the fuck does that happen?

Endomatic on
  • Options
    fjafjanfjafjan Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    So who's up for some KFC?

fjafjan on
    Yepp, THE Fjafjan (who's THE fjafjan?)
    - "Proving once again the deadliest animal of all ... is the Zoo Keeper" - Philip J Fry
  • Options
    blizzard224blizzard224 Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Taking this thread back a few pages to the topic of female toilets - I used to work at a Hungry Jacks (burger king) (never work at hungry jacks, they treat their employees like shit), and I was the one on cleaning duty for the toilets. Go into the ladies and there is blood smeared all over the place, mirrors, walls - just handprints of blood all over the place. Not just blood as well, fluids of a sort that I'm sure you can imagine around one particular toilet as well. Not a nice sight.

Anyway, I told the manager, he told me to get to work cleaning it. D:

blizzard224 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited June 2007
    I once found an entire deep fried chicken head in my KFC. There was actually a story about it happening to someone else circling the web once, so I'm guessing it happens fairly often but isn't reported.

Tube on
  • Options
    GunstarGunstar Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Someone shit in the bean thing at taco bell here. He was caught right after/ in the act so no one ate anything contaminated. Shut them down for a good day though.

Small town so this is actually a first hand account from someone who works there.

Gunstar on
    greencall.gifredfist.gif
    Xbox : gunst4r
  • Options
    SonosSonos Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Gunstar wrote: »
    Someone shit in the bean thing at taco bell here. He was caught right after/ in the act so no one ate anything contaminated. Shut them down for a good day though.

Small town so this is actually a first hand account from someone who works there.

If I were the owner of that TB I would have tried to prosecute that person if the story was true. Thats ridiculous he could have shut down the business forever and messed up 20 or so real lives. I'm sure he was thinking of that when it happened.

Sonos on
    Sonovius.png
    PokeCode: 3952 3495 1748
  • Options
    DukiDuki Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Fuck this topic.

You have all ruined food for me.

Duki on
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I can't stand tomatoes, but any time I get a sandwich I'll generally let them serve it with one. Forces me to open the bun before I eat anything.

And here's my story - a new burrito joint opened up in my hometown about 10 years ago or so, I forget what it was called. But their signature item was the Bustin' X Burrito, where x is bean or beef or whatever. My dad's coworker ordered a Bustin' Beef Burrito, but what he got was actually a Bustin' Bee Burrito. Halfway into his lunch, he notices half a wasp in the meat.

The place closed down pretty quickly. I don't think it was there for a year.

Delzhand on
  • Options
    HKPacman420HKPacman420 Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    On too my buddy Mark, he used to work at a burger chain that is just in Canada, that features singing from the cooks and staff. They would have dueling matches between cooks, where they would stick their spatula into the grill and super heat it, then chase each other with it. This one time Mark did not expect the onslaught and turned at just the wrong moment, he lost an inch by 2 inches patch of skin, that stuck right to the spatula.

No no no you are not saying anything bad about Lick's their burgers are delicious don't let me read this goddammit you asshole nooooooo

Nothing really to add, except that at my dishwashing job, it is not uncommon to see someone drop a fork or whatever into the garbage whilst scurrying to empty the bus trays and then quickly pick it up and throw it though the machine :/

HKPacman420 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    As7As7 Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    So....how much of this stuff you guys witnessed did you report?

Because a lot of restaurants would be out of business by now if you had.

That's a good thing.

As7 on
    XBOX Live: Arsenic7
    Secret Satan
  • Options
    JeedanJeedan Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I found a cockroach in my burger in one of those generic chicken places once. Not inside the bun, but embedded into the bottom of it.

Jeedan on
  • Options
    OctoparrotOctoparrot Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I found it disturbing that in the chinese food restaurant at which I used to dishwash, they had a 55 gallon drum of MSG powder which apparently was added to soups, sauces, etc. with a giant ice scoop.

Octoparrot on
  • Options
    MildQuixoticMildQuixotic ClubPA regular
    edited June 2007
    Preparing food correctly is a fucking responsibility people. Im' a cook and I would be
    ashamed to lower my standards of service, even if I was working fast food, it only reflects poorly
    on you.

I don't care how much of a dick someone is, that is between you and them, not the food and their palate.

MildQuixotic on