As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[DnD 4E PbP Recruiting CLOSED] Curse of the Black Pearls

• SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    I'm not sure what the fascination with mermaids is. It's not like they have...you know...cooters.

You just lift a scale like a gas cap on a car.

..Probably, I am not a mermaid marine biologist.

SniperGuy on
  • AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Incidentally, just so you know the purpose of a fish body and female legs is so this unfortunate situation (as illustrated by Gabe) does not occur:
    PennyMermaid_7586.jpg

I am entirely thinking of your characters well being and the needed mechanics for writing steamy in character sex scenes.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    man, what webcomic is that? looks pretty funny

Grog on
    edited June 2011
    I know right! If I knew what one it was I would totally go to their website and post on their forum and stuff.

Aegeri on
    edited June 2011
    I doubt they'd have a big enough following for a forum, really

Grog on
  • godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    All they ever talk about is video games and other such malarky. So childish!

godmode on
    edited June 2011
    Yeah video games. I don't know about you but I'm into this string now.

Aegeri on
  • TunosTunos Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I hear the people who write that webcomic are actually prophets sent by the gods above, here for the sole purpose of guiding our consumption of said video games.

They get it wrong occasionally. Legend has it they said the great Halo would be phailsauce.

Tunos on
  • Toxin01Toxin01 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I am now determined to set myself up as the king of the merladies, complete with a Zapp Branigan esque romance, with champagne and a floating magical bed, and recounting our all my war stories from aboard my ship

Toxin01 on
    Aiden Baail: Level 1 Swordmage: 19 AC 14 Fort 15 Ref 13 Will (Curse Of The Black Pearls)
    GM: Rusty Chains (DH Ongoing)
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    "The fearsome killgolems knew only one thing in their hearts; that they didn't have hearts. It was up to me and my intrepid crew to overcome all obstacles. Their hides was impervious to our blades, and the only solution was to send wave after wave of my men under their feet. Slowly but surely, the golems stumbled and slipped upon the pulped remains of those brave souls. Eventually the tide of humanity swept them away; those that weren't trapped in a gooey, stickey trap of entrails had damaged themselves from falling, and apparently laughing, which is odd because golems don't laugh. Two birds killed with one glass house of leaves. Checkmate."

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
    edited June 2011
    I do plan on (if Gremnsar gets in) telling exaggerated tales of his heroics in every tavern or pirate bay we end up in.

Toxin01 on
    Aiden Baail: Level 1 Swordmage: 19 AC 14 Fort 15 Ref 13 Will (Curse Of The Black Pearls)
    edited June 2011
    Aegeri wrote: »
    You can make some edits to your character Godmode. I will be going over everyones submissions again in the next couple of days.

I'll just go ahead and announces the changes here real quick, then change them when I get home and on the character builder:
    Removing Rapier
    Buying Shortsword
    Buying 4 more Daggers

godmode on
  • Ace JonAce Jon Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Oh boy. Oh boy oh boy.

Ace Jon on
    Yours truly, Ace Jon.
    edited June 2011
    Ace Jon wrote: »
    Oh boy. Oh boy oh boy.

Didn't know Mickey Mouse was a party-applicant!

Tunos on
  • SkyCaptainSkyCaptain IndianaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Another story...
    It happened just over twenty-five years ago my mother said. No, not the Rising. My birth. A squalling baby born during one of the worst storms to sweep across the Thunder Seas in generations. Not even my grandfather, captain of the Kraken and the ship upon which I was born, could remember a more fierce gale. Veteran sailors of the Last War were a superstitious old lot. It must have worried them endlessly with my mother aboard. How they must have fretted after I was born. To this day, I wonder how my grandfather kept the crew of the Kraken from tossing him and all his kin over the railings and dedicating our deaths to god of the briny deeps, hoping to appease the capricious deity.

Fortunately for me, such superstitions have gone by the wayside. The Kraken, now rightfully mine and earned with blood and sweat, cuts through the waves of the Thunder Sea twenty-seven years to the day I was born. Gunmetal grey thunderclouds gather on the horizon, platinum white and virulent blue bolts of quicksilver lightning flicker between the rising thunderheads. The roll of thunder washes over the prow of the Kraken a few breaths after the flash of lightning fades from my eyes. I can feel the rumble deep within my chest and a shiver passes through me, though it is not the storm ahead that shakes my courage. It is the devils of the sea, the Sahuagin, that freeze the marrow of my bones.

"Cut loose the anchor!" Clarissa shouted over the rising wind. "Drop everything overboard!" She then turned the captain's wheel three points to starboard, tacking into the wind. The keel bit into the furious Dragonstone Sea, gathering speed as the agile Kraken and her crew fled three Sahuagin war parties scything through the salty water astride mammoth beasts of war called Krytens. The beasts had the shape of a shark, but broader of back and if a shark had massive fins and flippers that propelled them through the oceans at impossible speeds. Geared for war, the krytens carried close to a dozen of the sea devils each.

The heavy iron anchor of the Kraken slipped free of the ship, dragging the thick hemp rope overboard with it. Heavy splashes on both sides of the ship marked the loss of each cannon and its iron shot. Clarrisa ran both hands through her thick red hair, binding it expertly with a twist of her hand and a length of leather. A black leather booted foot on the captain's wheel kept the Kraken from straying off course. Her ship cut cleanly through the chop of the seas, a frothy cap on top of the waves spreading in her wake.

Clarissa glanced behind the Kraken at the krytens and Sahuagin. The spiny sea devils were lashed to the back of the massive kryten with braided seaweed harnesses. Woven kelp armor was wrapped around each of the Sahuagin raiders. Heavy bronze tridents were grasped in three fingered claws and nets twisted over their shoulders. Clarissa knew from experience that the nets had shards of coral and shells woven into their fibers. The scars across her legs were a testament to the effectiveness of the Sahuagin nets.

"We'll be lucky to see the next dawn," she murmured to herself. A flash of lightning and an immediate crack of thunder snapped her attention back to the Kraken. Jack Harrow, the cabin boy, twisted around in the wind, hanging from the rigging. The crows mast was shattered and smoldered. Smoke and steam were torn from the embers by the fierce storm winds as the sky-promised torrent of rain slashed into the sea. The Kraken knifed through the waves piling up in front of her and vanished into the fury and shadow of the winter sea storm.

Atop the kryten, the Sahuagin handlers thrashed the massive beasts, flogging them with barbed whips to urge them to greater speed.

SkyCaptain on
    The RPG Bestiary - Dangerous foes and legendary monsters for D&D 4th Edition
    edited June 2011
    Also... you know, just in case you need it:

edit - Removed the link cause well, it's not really safe for work! :mrgreen: Just google io9 and mermaid sex.

SkyCaptain on
    edited June 2011
    BRB, going to the beach.

godmode on
  • TheBogTheBog Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    mermaidladies.jpg

TheBog on
  • KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    ...What is that captain's hand doing?

Also, yay for Gnoll with a kitty!

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Kay wrote: »
    ...What is that captain's hand doing?

Also, yay for Gnoll with a kitty!

He's shivering his timbers and hauling the mainmast, Kay.

Learn your pirate lingo.

Pinfeldorf on
    edited June 2011
    I demand MS paint drawings detailing the entire game.

I'll pay in steamy RP encounters.

Toxin01 on
    edited June 2011
    Made changes as described.

godmode on
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Toxin01 wrote: »

I thought this was standard internet currency.

Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
    edited June 2011

Haha. If you want badly drawn MS paint women, sure. It's possible.

TheBog on
  • b0b52000b0b52000 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Woah so it's decide time? Cool, good luck team.

b0b52000 on
  • MaxFrostMaxFrost Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Omg busy at work. Glad this is about to go somewhere. Good luck to all those who win. Newbie adventure, hooooooo

MaxFrost on
    edited June 2011
    TheBog wrote: »
    COBglare.jpg

Ok, I'm always last to the party...

What's the meme with that scene?

SkyCaptain on
    edited June 2011
    Cob looks funny. It's used in the "I see what you did there" way, like Fry. Or something in a similar vein. Perhaps a "What.. the fuck did you just say?"

TheBog on
    edited June 2011
    I see, thanks. One of the EveO forums uses his head as a smiley and it was confusing me. :mrgreen: Also, having to wait five freaking days for the callback is no fun at all!

SkyCaptain on
    edited June 2011

Not just women, whatever crazy hijinks this group gets into!

Toxin01 on
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011

Not just women, whatever crazy hijinks this group gets into!

Indeed sir.

A universe of possibilities, and he's fixated on the local flavor.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
    edited June 2011
    Cob looks funny. It's used in the "I see what you did there" way, like Fry. Or something in a similar vein. Perhaps a "What.. the fuck did you just say?"

It just makes me think of the 'I'm looking for a chinese guy' gag

Grog on
  • fadingathedgesfadingathedges Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Top half woman; bottom half woman. Maid-maids. Crazy shit.

fadingathedges on
    edited June 2011
    scurvy.jpg

TheBog on
  • wildwoodwildwood Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    scurvy.jpg

You know it's bad when even the warforged are dead from scurvy...

wildwood on
    edited June 2011
    Roll for genital seepage?

Toxin01 on
  • b0b52000b0b52000 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Roll for genital seepage?

Damn, I forgot to add Vitamin C supplement to my inventory.

b0b52000 on
    edited June 2011
    Just for the record I can post at least once a day - multiple times a day is also a strong possibility.

Tunos on
  • Ace JonAce Jon Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Hey, you know Arannis, the necromancy student? Well I updated him to have that new necromancy student theme, what with the necromancy and the being a student...

Ace Jon on
    Yours truly, Ace Jon.
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I am dying to know how this boat is gonna turn out. It's gonna be fun to watch either way!

SniperGuy on