As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

SC2: GO READ THE NEW THREAD!!

MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice ActorKirkland, WARegistered User regular
edited June 2011 in Games and Technology
hydra.jpg

(Artwork provided by forum member Wakkawa. Visit his site and buy some amazing work at inexpensive prices. Commissions available!)

The Starcraft II discussion thread
(Channel PA on NA)

Mule Dance!

The SC2 thread proudly presents!

1. The Weekly Forum Challenge

(Organizer: MNC Dover)
-What the hell is the Weekly Forum Challenge (WFC)?

The WFC is a new idea I came up with that will pit one forum member against everyone else in the forum. Basically, you apply to be in the WFC and when your name is called, you take on everyone else in the forum.

-Huh? Why would I want to do that?

Because it's fun, keeps the forum more interactive, and allows you to improve your game by playing a lot of different playstyles.

-OK, who do I play against?

Everyone. It doesn't matter if your Bronze or Master, these games are no ranks barred. Yeah, if you're a Bronze level player you'll probably get splattered, but you will be learning something and have a set of replays from which to study. You could use this opportunity to practice a single build and see how it fares against several other types of builds. Either way, it will be a good learning experience and fun!

-Sounds interesting....what are the rules?

If your name is called, you will take all invites from Sunday to Saturday that week. Opponents can challenge you via forum posts, PM's, or on B.Net. You must try your best to take on every challenge, so be prepared to spend a few hours on b.net during your week.

-I'm only a Bronze leaguer. I'll get squashed so I don't want to enter.

Hold on there a minute, I'm not done yet. Any WFC entrant can request a live-coach regardless of their rank. Yes, any rank. The coach may only give advice during play in ally chat to you and you cannot ask questions. The coach also cannot tell you what the enemy is doing or steer your build to screw over the enemy. Only tips like, watching your supply counts, build more structures, drone up, scout, expo, spend money, etc. The coach can be anyone the WFC wants and can change from game to game. You can talk with your coach before and after games to discuss strats, build orders, and the like.

-Awesome! I think I want to participate. How do I enter?

PM a message to me with "WFC" as the title and the following information:

-Forum name
-B.Net ID with 3 digit code
-Race played (please only use one to reduce headaches)
-Rank
-Do you want a coach?
-Timezone (easy conversions for us lazy Americans please)
-At least three different weeks you want to apply for with your most favorable choice first (example: 03/20-03/26, 03/27- 04/05, and 04/13-04/19)
-Your choice of how you want to play matches, either bo1 or bo3

-Great, I sent out the information and got accepted. Now what?

Now you have to openly accept challenges from the forum. Post the time or times you will make yourself available for matches. Other people can set-up appointments for matches or play however you choose. If you only want to accept appointments great, if not, you can do a first come, first pwned set-up.

-What maps do we play on?

For bo1's, the WFC player gets to choose the map. Sorry folks, that's the advantage of manning up and taking on all comers. For bo3's, the first game is on Shakura's Plateau with the loser choosing the next map from the official Blizzard Ladder pool. Yes this means the maps may change over time. We'll manage.

-What happens when my week is over?

You gather up all your replays, name them "WFC vs (insert enemy name), add them to gamereplays.org (info found in the OP), and then post EVERY SINGLE GAME into a single spoilered post. The thread creator will add your games into the OP and they'll stay there until the next person's turn is over.

-When does all this begin?

How does this Sunday sound? I'm taking applications now!

-I had an emergency mid-week! What do I do?

No biggie, we all understand that real life stuff happens. Let everyone know and I'll do my best to find someone to fill in the spot. No problem at all.

-Anything else?

Glad you asked. I really think this can be fun, especially if we have some of our more charismatic people bring some light-hearted, jaw-jacking to the table. I'd also really like it if some of the lower ranked players step up and give this a go. In reality, it's no different then playing against PA people anyway, but now it will have more of a focus. You can have a target on your back which might change the way you play by adding or removing pressure.

ABOVE ALL, I just want everyone to have fun and play more SC2. :D

So, who's in?

Our fourteenth WFC player will be MMMig! Here's his info:

Forum name: MMMig
B.Net ID with 3 digit code: MMMig.478
Race played: Zerg
Do you want a coach?: Nope
Timezone: EST
bo3 format

Challenge our player by sending him a PM, post, or b.net message to set up times!

Here are the replays of the WFC prior:
repimg-33-216567.jpg
repimg-33-217504.jpg
repimg-33-217505.jpg
repimg-33-217506.jpg
repimg-33-217508.jpg
repimg-33-217509.jpg
repimg-33-217510.jpg
repimg-33-217090.jpg
repimg-33-217511.jpg
repimg-33-217514.jpg
repimg-33-218153.jpg
repimg-33-218154.jpg

2. PA showmatch series #2 & #3

(Organizer: Enigma435)
When you step on this deck, you be ready to fight, or you dishonor the reason why we're here. Now remember this: When you fight a man, he's not your friend.

Watch PAers engage in friendly (most of the time) combat for your entertainment!

3. Replay(s) of the day! (6/27)

(Organizer: whoever created this thread)

A random replay of the day donated by our forum-goers. Make sure to upload your replay submissions to submit your replay using gamereplays.org. And be a pal and mark your replay as ROTD material in your post so they're easier to find.

repimg-33-217311.jpg

repimg-33-217574.jpg

Start here to better craft some stars.
The SC2 thread goes a million miles per hour and will leave you in the dust if you aren't prepared. All things are open to discussion here from build orders, practice partners, race match-ups, tournament talk, and general bizarre Korean stuff (usually brought to you by the letter S and the number 86). In order to keep up, I highly recommend you check out the following resources:
  • General
    • Team Liquid. Team Liquid is the biggest Starcraft related fan site out on the Internet today. They follow everything Starcraft related including the pro scene. Many great articles, forums, and information can be found here. A must bookmark for any Starcraft fan.
    • Wellplayed.org. Starcraft 2 aggregation site from the SCReddit group.
  • Talk shows
    • State of the Game podcast. The pillars of the starcraft 2 community --- JP, EGIncontrol, Liquid`Tyler, and Day[9] --- talk (mostly) about current events in the starcraft community every Tuesday.
  • Educational

OK that's all cool, but I want to play with some PA people.
1) Log into Battle.net and join channel PA (on the NA realm). We all hang out there. Chat, 1v1 lobbies, and team shenanigans are always going on!

2) Sign up for a replay site such as gamereplays.org or drop.sc. This is a site where you can upload your replays. The perfect way to share your replays with the thread and get advice on how to get better. Gamereplays lets you post the cool banner that you frequently see on the internets and drop.sc lets you upload replays without having to create a new account.

3) Register with the PA SC2 1v1 Ranking site. Sign up for this awesome site to see where you stand amongst fellow PA members. Remember, this is important in the nurturing and expanding of your e-peen. Add yourself by clicking on [Manage Characters] on the top right side.

4) Sign up for the PA mumble page. Sign up if you want to chat with fellow PA users during games or watching tournaments. Thanks to Exoplasm for hosting the service and providing the step-by-step process for installing mumble.

JK. I like watching Starcraft instead. Where can I watch some good games?
Major tournaments. Starcraft is e-sports. Follow these major tournaments and you will not be disappoint.
  • The GSL. The premiere korean starcraft 2 league. Where the best go to play. Casted by Tastetosis, the casting archon.
  • The TSL. Team Liquid's major tournament where foreigners stomp koreans and everyone attributes it to lag.
  • Major League Gaming. North American e-sports powerhouse now features Starcraft 2 (as long as their stream is online). "tahts halo dont worry".
  • North American Star League. The upstart league headed by fan-favorites Incontrol and Gretorp. $400k up for grabs in the first season alone.
  • IGN Pro League. Everyone's getting into e-sports, even IGN! 16 of the top players from North America duking it out for fabulous prizes.

And those are only the major ones! Follow the Team Liquid Tournament Tracker for more competitive goodness.

Streams. Perhaps you prefer something more intimate. Maybe watching starcraft 2 like it's Being John Malkovich? Thanks to the power of the Internet, there are infinity streams available for your voyeuristic pleasure. Here are our favorites.

Want more streams? Check out Teamliquid's live video stream page for more goodness.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
Steam ID
Twitch Page
MNC Dover on

• Options
    undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    10-ish pool is pretty good in ZvP.

Kills blind cheese, kills greed, forces defensive contortions, still transitions fairly well to a macro game.

kedinik on
    I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    JutranjoJutranjo Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    kedinik wrote: »
    10-ish pool is pretty good in ZvP.

Kills blind cheese, kills greed, forces defensive contortions, still transitions fairly well to a macro game.

How good is it on large 4 player maps where you have yet to find the P? I don't think you'd want to be drone scouting with a 10 pool :P

Jutranjo on
  • Options
    Zombie MonkeyZombie Monkey Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Gareth streaming on the wood league now :D

Zombie Monkey on
    League of Legends - Enzo III
  • Options
    mastmanmastman Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Yann wrote: »
    Joe K wrote: »
    mastman wrote: »
    addicted to 10 OL, extractor trick for 11 pool 15 queen 18 hatch in all matchups. ZvZ I throw in extractor at 15 though for banelings or roaches or watevs

I like it because it crushes all cheese and proxy rax/cannons, and you get your queen and second hatch out still super fast with no econ hit

interesting... do you have a replay?

10 OL? That makes no sense. I have been going 11 overpool in all match-ups a lot, but I build the overlord after the extractor trick.

It mines slightly less minerals than a 14pool, but gives you more larva to play with.

But yeah, I love how safe it makes you, and if you skip some early drones you can even punish greedy P's.

You might wanna delay the hatch until 20-21 supply as well.

yes I have lots of replays at home I will try to post later. Sometimes I do delay hatch to 20/21. Its not a big deal

mastman on
    ByalIX8.png
    B.net: Kusanku
  • Options
    undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    grabbing from the old thread

I doubt that anyone in this thread has "good enough" macro.

literally the truest thing that is ignored constantly

undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
  • Options
    GarethMagisGarethMagis Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    A random replay of the play donated by our forum-goers. Make sure to upload your replay submissions to submit your replay using gamereplays.org. And be a pal and mark your replay as ROTD material in your post so they're easier to find.

GarethMagis on
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    A random replay of the play donated by our forum-goers. Make sure to upload your replay submissions to submit your replay using gamereplays.org. And be a pal and mark your replay as ROTD material in your post so they're easier to find.

Fixed that literally as you were typing it. Stream hack!

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So when I get 6 pooled, is the guy gonna be droning behind it, or expanding, or what? Kinda confused as to whether I should cut probes when I scout it or try and hold it off while I continue to macro.

Spaffy on
    ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Options
    stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Someone in a stream chat tried to tell me there used to be beers with 100%+ alcohol.
    That isn't how percentages work.

stimtokolos on
  • Options
    stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Well at least for the past few days why he is in bronze.

If only the ladder system wasn't bullshit and maybe replays recorded some data about the players (their MMR / points / whatever) at the time of them being played, that would be cool beans.

Replays do have current league and points embedded in them for both players. sc2gears is your friend. I really just want a transparent ELO system that can be used as a reliable benchmark for your progress, and give you goals to shoot for in an easily measureable way. The crap that I have to do with sc2gears to understand how i'm playing and trending is ridiculous, although, props to the author of sc2gears, because I *can* do these analysis.

Well, the ladder system is constantly giving me "even" matchups with top8 golds, and I'm winning them more than I'm losing. A couple weeks ago I finally crossed the 50% wlr for the season (i keep all my games, and sc2gears makes it trivial to get the stats), and within any reasonable "moving window", I'm playing over 65% right now.

I had an absolutely horrific start to this season, which I'm blaming on tilting for weeks from the results of the "placement match". season 1 ended with me at #1 bronze in my div by over 1200 (meaningless) points. I kindof thought that the placement match, if won, would place me at least it silver. Nope, win Placement, get placed 72 in bronze, and get mentally thrown off the horse for a while.

However, after getting over the bizarreness that is the matchmaking system, I forced myself to sit down and learn the proper macro dance steps, finally. Yes, still needs improvement, so does everyone else's. I should sit down and try to figure out the week that my macro was good enough that i could build just about anything against anyone *at this level* and still win. The game became fun for me again. Maybe the first time I've truly had fun with multiplayer instead of frustration. Well photon-light-cycles is pretty fun, too...

At that point, I started hitting people up here to start looking at the rest of my game. Again, to everyone who's been helping, thank you, its really showing returns for me.

I will say this: once you get "good enough" macro, and it's time to start looking at other portions of your game, you'll wish that you could go back to just working on your macro. turns out that macro'ing is the easy part...

I should probably look more carefully at the replay analysis options in SC2Gears. I didn't find it with a glance.

stimtokolos on
  • Options
    His CorkinessHis Corkiness Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

Goddamnit, I knew this thread had started but didn't realise Joe's post was in the old one. >_<

His Corkiness on
  • Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Someone in a stream chat tried to tell me there used to be beers with 100%+ alcohol.
    That isn't how percentages work.

Sometimes, in booze, it used to be.

Spaffy on
    ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Options
    Joe KJoe K Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

Goddamnit, I knew this thread had started but didn't realise Joe's post was in the old one. >_<

entire post spoilerd
    Well at least for the past few days why he is in bronze.

If only the ladder system wasn't bullshit and maybe replays recorded some data about the players (their MMR / points / whatever) at the time of them being played, that would be cool beans.

Replays do have current league and points embedded in them for both players. sc2gears is your friend. I really just want a transparent ELO system that can be used as a reliable benchmark for your progress, and give you goals to shoot for in an easily measureable way. The crap that I have to do with sc2gears to understand how i'm playing and trending is ridiculous, although, props to the author of sc2gears, because I *can* do these analysis.

Well, the ladder system is constantly giving me "even" matchups with top8 golds, and I'm winning them more than I'm losing. A couple weeks ago I finally crossed the 50% wlr for the season (i keep all my games, and sc2gears makes it trivial to get the stats), and within any reasonable "moving window", I'm playing over 65% right now.

I had an absolutely horrific start to this season, which I'm blaming on tilting for weeks from the results of the "placement match". season 1 ended with me at #1 bronze in my div by over 1200 (meaningless) points. I kindof thought that the placement match, if won, would place me at least it silver. Nope, win Placement, get placed 72 in bronze, and get mentally thrown off the horse for a while.

However, after getting over the bizarreness that is the matchmaking system, I forced myself to sit down and learn the proper macro dance steps, finally. Yes, still needs improvement, so does everyone else's. I should sit down and try to figure out the week that my macro was good enough that i could build just about anything against anyone *at this level* and still win. The game became fun for me again. Maybe the first time I've truly had fun with multiplayer instead of frustration. Well photon-light-cycles is pretty fun, too...

At that point, I started hitting people up here to start looking at the rest of my game. Again, to everyone who's been helping, thank you, its really showing returns for me.

I will say this: once you get "good enough" macro, and it's time to start looking at other portions of your game, you'll wish that you could go back to just working on your macro. turns out that macro'ing is the easy part...

the "good enough" comment should be taken in the context it was given: everyone's always needs work, and you should always be trying to improve it. your macro can be good enough that it isn't the factor holding you back from improving your game, and concentrating on another part of the game will benefit you much more than exclusive macro-focus would.

Then you'll iron those wrinkles out, and macro will again become your limiting factor, until you've improved it enough that it isn't the bottleneck, and you need to look at another part. rinse and repeat.

Joe K on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Gareth, don't forget your Chrono boost! :D

Edit: Also, when you had that big advantage after the fail, you could have taken two expos and made mass gates.

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    DemerdarDemerdar Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    blue dot.

also, i am slowly getting better (and have been facing some downright terrible opponents.. like.. just awful).

Demerdar on
    y6GGs3o.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I should probably look more carefully at the replay analysis options in SC2Gears. I didn't find it with a glance.

The multi-replay analysis is amazing. You can tell what your matchup breakdown %'s have been, which maps, maps per matchup, trend analysis, and much, much more. sc2gears can really hi-lite something that needs work that you wouldn't notice without it.

Joe K on
  • Options
    GarethMagisGarethMagis Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Back to streaming in case anyone wants to see me fail as toss, also you should log into either mumble or Jtv so that you can talk to me and tell me why i suck at life XD :)

http://www.justin.tv/thewoodleagueallstars

GarethMagis on
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So Day9, and Tastosis are doing the Live NASL finals.
    Spaffy wrote: »
    So when I get 6 pooled, is the guy gonna be droning behind it, or expanding, or what? Kinda confused as to whether I should cut probes when I scout it or try and hold it off while I continue to macro.

Almost never. Its almost all or nothing. I've had it faked, and the Z is so behind on economy you could build like 3 cannons before core and still be well ahead.

ed
    This is with a 6 pool though. Not just any early pool.

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    repimg-33-215499.jpg

Watch the game (only 1 minute long), then read the spoiler.
    sc2fail.jpg

I think I might have to introduce a new feature, "Fail of the Week". It would be the sister of replay of the day. :D

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    6-2 plus a disconnect-that-would've-been-a-win today.

*phew*, that might be the most games I've ever played in a single day.

His Corkiness on
  • Options
    jdmichaljdmichal Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I had figured it as (IPA).

jdmichal on
    XBox Live: KillerCodeMonky | Steam: KillerCodeMonky
    SC2: KillerCodeMk | LoL: KillerCodeMonky | FFXIV: Shea Demvas (Sargantas)
    Ghost in the Linkshell Item Requisitioning
    Let me know you are from PA, otherwise I will likely ignore you.
  • Options
    MuridenMuriden Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I have nothing new to add.
    Other than this.

OIunp.jpg

Muriden on
    MrGulio.332 - Lover of fine Cheeses. Replays
    301787-1.png
  • Options
    YannYann Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Yann wrote: »
    addicted to 10 OL, extractor trick for 11 pool 15 queen 18 hatch in all matchups. ZvZ I throw in extractor at 15 though for banelings or roaches or watevs

I like it because it crushes all cheese and proxy rax/cannons, and you get your queen and second hatch out still super fast with no econ hit

interesting... do you have a replay?

10 OL? That makes no sense. I have been going 11 overpool in all match-ups a lot, but I build the overlord after the extractor trick.

It mines slightly less minerals than a 14pool, but gives you more larva to play with.

But yeah, I love how safe it makes you, and if you skip some early drones you can even punish greedy P's.

You might wanna delay the hatch until 20-21 supply as well.

yes I have lots of replays at home I will try to post later. Sometimes I do delay hatch to 20/21. Its not a big deal

Coolio. An 11 overlord is probably always better though, so you might wanna try that!

Yann on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    6-2 plus a disconnect-that-would've-been-a-win today.

*phew*, that might be the most games I've ever played in a single day.

lightweight.

Joe K on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I know. It's more of a motivational exhaustion than anything else.

His Corkiness on
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    so apparently the NASL does not want me to watch this idra vs zenio game

ads every minute, on the minute

interrupting the action, making it impossible to watch the game

what the fuck is going on

is this a warp prism glitch?

MikeMan on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I know. It's more of a motivational exhaustion than anything else.

I know what you mean. There are days where I can crank out 20 ladders in a row, without moving or taking a break, and then there are days where i stare at the big orange button and just can't get myself to press it again.

Joe K on
  • Options
    TannerMSTannerMS "I'm confidence cause I'm zerg!" Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    repimg-33-215523.jpg

My 14th game today, it was cheesy as fuck

TannerMS on
  • Options
    KeamienKeamien Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I had a guy fail a proxy gateway rush, then still beat me in the macro game.

It was so sad.

Then later I had someone kill a PF with 5 DTs. Not, kill the missile turrets. No. He killed the fucking PF.

Keamien on
  • Options
    DemerdarDemerdar Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I got canon rushed as Terran the other day.

How the fuck do I counter that? I guess I should just wall off in TvP too.

Demerdar on
    y6GGs3o.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Demerdar wrote: »

scout your base with an SCV.

I'm also pretty sure that there isn't much of a downside to walling off in PvT, although that won't necesarily stop a canon rush, as he could slip probe #7 in before you finish the wall.

Joe K on
  • Options
    tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I had a really amusing game this morning on Metal where a quick hellion drop took me down to 5 probes.

I still won. \o/ The other guy went one-base 2-port raven/banshee.

tuxkamen on

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • Options
    HeartlashHeartlash Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Wrote a little thingy about Destiny and how cool mass bro-festors are: http://gosu.com/2011/06/how-destiny-is-breaking-the-meta-game/

Heartlash on
    My indie mobile gaming studio: Elder Aeons
    Our first game is now available for free on Google Play: Frontier: Isle of the Seven Gods
  • Options
    MadCaddyMadCaddy Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I wall off against Toss standardly, and I usually do a 2x joint depot wall, instead of the 1/rax/1 wall... You need to be careful about getting it stalker sniped, but it really isn't as big a dilema as it used to be right after launch (depots seem to take a few more hits than they used to..)

Cannon rush, just do 12 rax, and if you see a pylon, or scout a forge, make a 2nd before OC, and start pumping marines while getting gas to make a factory with siege.. I'll usually use an off rax to make the tech lab if they get multiple cannons online before my factory is done, and my marine count is high.. Also, bunker!

I saw some raging over the ELO and league system, and I know the feeling.. I got rapid demoted when I started playing again to Silver, and have played over 60 games since with an 80% w/l ratio, and haven't been bumped up.. Gonna try to make top seed in my division today, so maybe I can get the bump in gold that way..

If anyone is in need of a terran practice partner, or to practice against certain builds, PM me on b.net, or here, and I'll be able to help for most of today.. Gonna try and figure out why my flash isn't working now...

Demerdar wrote: »

scout your base with an SCV.

I'm also pretty sure that there isn't much of a downside to walling off in PvT, although that won't necesarily stop a canon rush, as he could slip probe #7 in before you finish the wall.

MadCaddy on
  • Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So I come home to do some laddering and streaming... And justin.tv is down.

Terrible.

Frozenzen on
  • Options
    Zombie MonkeyZombie Monkey Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    :[ gareth was actually streaming all the way through it

Zombie Monkey on
    League of Legends - Enzo III
  • Options
    HeartlashHeartlash Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Yeah, apparently the NASL was right in the middle of it's Europe stream, too.

It looks like someone exposed a huge vulnerability in JTV's login recovery system and they have to address it right away.

Heartlash on
    My indie mobile gaming studio: Elder Aeons
    Our first game is now available for free on Google Play: Frontier: Isle of the Seven Gods
  • Options
    badger2dbadger2d San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    TB has apparently been stressing over SC2 too much lately :D

http://youtu.be/fDzQRiEQSJo

edit: I have no idea how to imbed a link properly.

badger2d on
    Blizzard: Symphony #1704
    Steam: badger2d
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I played two odd games today.

First game was a TvR (Terran). My opponent goes x2 Reaper, transitions to Ghost, expo, transitions to BC. WTF?

Second game was a TvT. I went the usual opening (12 rax, gas, 15 oc) and I scouted him going 2 Rax FE. My scout couldn't get in from the wall, so I kept him out in his natural. Once my first Tank popped, I took my army and contained him. Two to three tanks later, his natural was under assault. Took more bases and eventually starved him to death while dealing with his drops.

So, for the second game, was that the right mindset? Press my tech advantage to punish his greedy style or would that have been rolled over by his superior Marine count had he saw what I was doing?

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page