As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

reasons to keep my 360?

verbelverbel Registered User regular
edited June 2007 in Games and Technology
I don't really ever play my 360 and I can't think of any reason to keep it around. The only games I'm really interested in is bioshock (which I would rather play on the PC) and too human. Can any of you think of any things coming up that I should keep in mind?

steam_sig.png
verbel on

• RancedRanced Default Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    sell it

Ranced on
  • KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    get bioshock and too human,play them and then sell it?

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • EtericEteric Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Blue Dragon!

Eteric on
    eatfranks5.png
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    If you don't have PS3, then two words:
    blog.jpg

Local H Jay on
  • Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    mass effect, assassin's creed, halo 3, blue dragon,

Alucard6986 on
    PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
  • slurpeepoopslurpeepoop Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    It would be silly for you to keep it around.

It can cut grooves in plastic, it could catch fire at any minute, and the Red Ring of Death could burn out your retina.

Send it to me, and I'll be sure to dispose of it properly, so nobody else will be put in peril.

I wouldn't do this for just anybody.

slurpeepoop on
  • PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    It would be silly for you to keep it around.

It can cut grooves in plastic, it could catch fire at any minute, and the Red Ring of Death could burn out your retina.

Send it to me, and I'll be sure to dispose of it properly, so nobody else will be put in peril.

I wouldn't do this for just anybody.

He's right you know.

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    h3_e32006_FinishTheFight_1600.jpg

The_Scarab on
  • Namel3ssNamel3ss Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Assassins Creed, Mass Effect, Oblivion, R6:Vegas, Forza2, Gears of War, Guitar Hero II, GeoWars, Catan, Castlevania, Halo 3, Grand Theft Auto 4,

And that is just what I am interested in. . .

(I am also praying to every diety mankind believes in daily and a made a few up that Final Fantasy13 is released on the 360, there are rumors, RUMORS!)

Namel3ss on
    May the wombat of happiness snuffle through your underbrush.
  • Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    The 360 is the ps2 of this generation.

Alucard6986 on
    PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
  • EvangirEvangir Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    The 360 is hitting its prime this year. I haven't ever seen a line-up of games that looks as good as what the 360 has coming. Sell it next year if you're still not happy.

On a side-note, if that happens... D:

Evangir on
    PSN/XBL/STEAM: Evangir - Starcraft 2: Bulwark.955 - Origin: Bulwark955 - Diablo 3: Bulwark#1478
  • DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Hey guys, I really can't stand making any of my own decisions. I was thinking about getting a PSP, but I really wanna know what you think. The Daily Show comes on at 11:00. Should I stay up that late, or just DVR it?

Dirty on
  • RancedRanced Default Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Sell it.

Ranced on
  • Smacky The FrogSmacky The Frog Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Seriously. Do what you want with the damn thing.

Smacky The Frog on
    wahjahbanner.jpg
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Dirty wrote: »
    Hey guys, I really can't stand making any of my own decisions. I was thinking about getting a PSP, but I really wanna know what you think. The Daily Show comes on at 11:00. Should I stay up that late, or just DVR it?
    I was gonna defend the guy, but seeing JSRF made me distracted and I went to listen to the soundtrack...

Local H Jay on
  • KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    1. Sell it
    2. Buy a Ps3
    3. Ask us if you should keep it or not
    4. Sell it
    5. Buy a Wii
    6. Ask us if you should keep it
    7. Sell the Wii
    8. ...
    9. Ask us if you just made Profit.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
    edited June 2007
    I knew if I kept this sig long enough, it just might help me out in a pinch.

Dirty on
  • PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Dirty wrote: »

Get a PSP and then convert it into a rifle that shoots MUDs. Stay up late and watch The Daily Show.

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Best reason is the resale on these puppies blows and you'll probably end up buying it again.

themightypuck on
    “Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
  • verbelverbel Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Thanks to all of you who were kind enough to give actual opinions instead of insults. As for the rest of you thanks for reminding me why I hate most people. I'm going to make my own decision on whether or not I want to keep it or sell it I just wanted to see what others thought and see what they were looking forward down the road.

verbel on
    steam_sig.png
  • slurpeepoopslurpeepoop Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    verbel wrote: »
    thanks to all of you who were kind enough to give actual opinions instead of insults. As for the rest of you thanks for reminding me why I hate most people. I'm going to make my own decision on whether or not I want to keep it or sell it I just wanted to see what others thought and see what they were looking forward down the road.

I try to save your life, and this is the thanks I get?

slurpeepoop on
    edited June 2007
    thanks to all of you who were kind enough to give actual opinions instead of insults. As for the rest of you thanks for reminding me why I hate most people. I'm going to make my own decision on whether or not I want to keep it or sell it I just wanted to see what others thought and see what they were looking forward down the road.

Oh come on, this is Penny Arcade. However I hope you choose not to sell it. ;-)

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
    edited June 2007
    verbel hates me.

I'm gonna go cry in my fucking corn flakes.

Or just eat them, since I don't want to go hungry while working on my new UMD Rifle.

Dirty on
  • Namel3ssNamel3ss Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I don't really ever play my 360 and I can't think of any reason to keep it around. The only games I'm really interested in is bioshock (which I would rather play on the PC) and too human. Can any of you think of any things coming up that I should keep in mind?

Well, before I gave you an actual opinion, but its twisting your words that causes people to have a bad reaction.

If you had said:
    "Hey Guys, my ol' 360 hasn't been getting very much loving from me as of late and I was wondering what everyone else was playing/looking forward to?"

There would not have been insults. Instead, you played the card of the indecisive depressed person, nobody likes that person. Everyones first reaction is to insult, or to hinder that type of person.

Namel3ss on
    May the wombat of happiness snuffle through your underbrush.
  • ginguskahnginguskahn Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Also what games you have/like might help.

I would say Forza, because its totally awsome and I cant stop playing, but if you have it or don't like car games then theirs no point.

Also do you have Live? This might make the difference, again I could suggest Shadowrun, but without Live I wouldn't recommend it.

If you have live, play some demos, if you can't find any you like, then its obviously time to sell up.

ginguskahn on
    ginguskahn360.png
    edited June 2007
    I don't see how I played the part of "depressed person" but whatever. I could see if I was complaining about te money or something like that. I just don't really play the thing I play more PC games and Wii games then anything else. In the end it dosent really matter. I see your point and atleast your not jerk in making it I will choose my words more carefully in the future. As for the other comment yes Dirty I do hate you and I hope you choke on your cereal.

verbel on
    steam_sig.png
  • JCRooksJCRooks Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    The way your original post was worded, it almost seems like you're trolling. Seriously, this board is full of threads about various 360 games. Some info as to why you don't like any of them, or what types of games you do like (genres/etc.) would be helpful. Just saying you like Bioshock and Too Human doesn't give us much to work with ... are there any current games you like (regardless of system).

Anyway, have you tried any of the Live Arcade games? There's plenty of goodness in there, and they all come in convenient demo form too.

JCRooks on
    Xbox LIVE, Steam, Twitter, etc. ...
    Gamertag: Rooks
    - Don't add me, I'm at/near the friend limit :)

Steam: JC_Rooks

Twitter: http://twitter.com/JiunweiC

I work on this: http://www.xbox.com
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Choking on cereal sounds like hard work unless you are like 2 months old.....

I like my 360, I think there are a bunch of neat games currently on it and also coming out.

If you don't think this then you should sell it.

If you do you should set it on fire (dammit fruedian slip I mean keep it)

Blake T on
    edited June 2007
    I like FPS games but prefer to play those on the PC. I might actually try Forza as the last racing game I played was the first Gran Turismo. I have enjoyed playing some of the Live arcade games. I was thinking of getting dead rising since I really like zombie games, but have heard allot of bad things about the save system. I was also thinking about the viva pinata game. I really like RPG's but I don't seem to have the time for them anymore. Plus the only good one I know of is Oblivion and I have the for the PC. So mostly I'm looking for Action/Adventure type games. I thought about shadowrun but I'll have to read more about it first.

verbel on
    steam_sig.png
  • JCRooksJCRooks Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I like FPS games but prefer to play those on the PC. I might actually try Forza as the last racing game I played was the first Gran Turismo. I have enjoyed playing some of the Live arcade games. I was thinking of getting dead rising since I really like zombie games, but have heard allot of bad things about the save system. I was also thinking about the viva pinata game. I really like RPG's but I don't seem to have the time for them anymore. Plus the only good one I know of is Oblivion and I have the for the PC. So mostly I'm looking for Action/Adventure type games. I thought about shadowrun since I can't play it on the PC but I'll have to read more about it first.

Well, there you go. You mentioned pretty much some of the best games on the system. No wonder you haven't had a reason to play the 360, since you've been missing out on arguably some of the better titles. You should definitely give them a whirl.

I'll also throw in Crackdown, as a game that's just a lot of fun to play especially on co-op. Also, you should try Guitar Hero II. Oh and definitely Gears of War, assuming you haven't played that already.

JCRooks on
    Xbox LIVE, Steam, Twitter, etc. ...
    Gamertag: Rooks
    - Don't add me, I'm at/near the friend limit :)

Steam: JC_Rooks

Twitter: http://twitter.com/JiunweiC

I work on this: http://www.xbox.com
  • RamiRami Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Sell it. Bioshock and AC are the only games available on the 360 that interest me at all and I'd rather play them on my PC, you said you'll get Bioshock for the PC as well so there are a lot of other PC games you can play.

Don't keep something around you have no use for, I kept looking at my stuff and shoving a lot of it in a cupboard because I might want it later. So far, I never have. I sold a bunch of stuff over easter and put the money to good use.

Rami on
    Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
    edited June 2007
    I have played a ton of Guitar hero 2 on the PS2, and I have gears of war but my buddy I was playing with got bored of it and I don't thinks its as much fun alone. I have heard some good things about crackdown I may give it a try.

verbel on
    steam_sig.png
  • HyperAquaBlastHyperAquaBlast Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Sell it.

Then buy a new 360.

Then ask yourself, "Wait...What?"

Then go :winky:

HyperAquaBlast on
    steam_sig.png
  • Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Space heater.

Magus` on
  • DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Have you tried downloading the trials of all the Xbox Live Arcade games?
    Seriously, XBLA is almost enough to warrant the purchase of a 360. Tons of budget-priced games, all stored inside your Xbox, waiting to be played, going from cards to puzzlers to action? YES.

Djiem on
  • ginguskahnginguskahn Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I like FPS games but prefer to play those on the PC. I might actually try Forza as the last racing game I played was the first Gran Turismo. I have enjoyed playing some of the Live arcade games. I was thinking of getting dead rising since I really like zombie games, but have heard allot of bad things about the save system. I was also thinking about the viva pinata game. I really like RPG's but I don't seem to have the time for them anymore. Plus the only good one I know of is Oblivion and I have the for the PC. So mostly I'm looking for Action/Adventure type games. I thought about shadowrun but I'll have to read more about it first.

There ya go!

Get Forza then, its (arguably) better than Gran Turismo, and is amazing. I've sunk at least 10 hrs in and it was only out here friday!

Fuck all those people who didn't like like Dead Risings save system, the game is brilliant and thats no reason not to buy it, basically there is just no quick save, you have to go to certain points to save, save points if you will, like in the old days (although not like the really old days, where you couldn't save at all). Plus you should be able to get this cheap now, I know in the UK there are a million copies used, because the game doesn't have the most replay value in the world, that are going cheap (I'll never sell my ltd edition tin!).

Viva I think there is a demo on Live? Try that out first? It's not my cup of tea so I won't comment.

If you mean co-op or online gears, (As you mention a buddy) I suggest GRAW or GRAW 2 (GRAW1 you could both pick up really cheap, with some cheap maps to download, GRAW2 is a little better, but costs more) and get your co-op on! Plus its third person with a bit of 1st so you shouldn't feel like your missing out not playing on a PC.

As mentioned Crackdown is brilliant, and has been made better with a patch/dlc, again, you could play this co-op with said buddy as its just hilarious playing with a friend.

Lastly, add some of the guys from here to your friends list, most have links in there sigs. Your online experience will be much fuller with a bunch of the PA guys or the 360arcadians.

(I say co-op alot!)

ginguskahn on
    ginguskahn360.png
  • ChopperDaveChopperDave Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I hate threads like this. The OP almost never ends up keeping the system, but just make the thread to help them figure out more, better reasons to sell it.

I figure you've already made up your mind, so either rent/buy/play the dozen or so great games that you yourself listed, or just get it over with and sell the thing.

ChopperDave on
    3DS code: 3007-8077-4055
  • SpecialMiekSpecialMiek Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Somebody already said Assassin's Creed...ummm, Halo 3 in September as well. Lots of reasons - it's a good system, and it won't be worth the little amount of money you get - trust me, I've sold console before and regretted the decision almost immediately after.

Also, first post ever.

SpecialMiek on
  • darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    SOUL CALIBUR... IV!

darunia106 on
    pHWHd2G.jpg