As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[D&D 4E PbP] War of the Burning Sky OOC (Serious Revelations! Seriously!)

1121314151618»

• IlliantharIllianthar GMT -0700Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    It definitely made us use all our resources. I think we were all pretty much down to at-wills and most of us had used our second wind.

Defenses weren't so high that hitting was impossible, and while the double swing and being able to use multiple action points in one combat made him pretty lethal, but all in all I think it was right in the wheelhouse of our power level.

So far I've been impressed with all the encounters. They all have a nice unique flavor to them and they've been played out wonderfully :)

Illianthar on
  • squishy-blobsquishy-blob Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    It was pretty good. I enjoyed it. His constant pushing attacks were a good way to keep him from getting swarmed too badly and to allow him to move about.

I'm suprised you didn't use the dead wyvern in any way though. Could have had the tail still twiching even in death making some dangerous terrain, or instead allow someone standing near it to kick it about and hurt nearby enemies making a person stronger in that square but only if the enemies are adjacent.

Admittedly I'm far from a pro DM, but when I design a solo encounter I usually try and make the party want to do something other than just attack. Such as moving the solo to remove and advantage or make use of dangerous terrain, or to move other party members about to remove some location specific disadvantage.

squishy-blob on
  • TiamatZTiamatZ Ghost puns The Banette of my existenceRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I take it no one else wants to lament their dead compatriot?

TiamatZ on
    edited June 2011
    It has been a perfect storm of birthday, father's day, internet issues, and server busy issues...

So I'll be trying to play catchup today, and post something up.

Illianthar on
  • Witch_Hunter_84Witch_Hunter_84 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I fully expect that when I die Swain's hat will be picked up by someone else in the group and carried on, kind of like the boots in "All Quiet on the Western Front"-style.

Witch_Hunter_84 on
    If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten in your presence.
    edited June 2011
    I fully expect that when I die Swain's hat will be picked up by someone else in the group and carried on, kind of like the boots in "All Quiet on the Western Front"-style.

If you die we'll take Swain's hat, and then your axe. Then as other party members are lost, we'll take something of each of them and ultimately create a golem out of all the parts!

Illianthar on
    edited June 2011
    Just waiting to hear from skarsol's side, then we'll continue.

TiamatZ on
    edited June 2011
    Is Skarsol still on?

TiamatZ on
  • skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Yeah, sorry, been (still) sick. Somehow convinced myself I'd already posted, twice. I'll get something up today. Sorry about the delay.

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
    edited June 2011
    Hope you're feeling better soon. Too bad Summer can't hit you with a Healing Word :(

Illianthar on
    edited June 2011
    I'm afraid I'm going to have to end this game here.

With Witch PMing me that his PC's busted (and that he won't be able to attend the game), people getting sick/busy, and work currently swamping me, I'm afraid I'll have to unfortunately cut my losses here and end the game. I hope you'll understand. RL issues can be such a pain really.

As for the players, let me say thanks for playing War of the Burning Sky (briefly though it was) with me, and for letting me DM you guys with this swell adventure. It's been a blast, and hopefully if (and that's a big IF) I start another PbP here, I hope to see you again someday in the recruitment (behind the DM Screen of course).

See you, Space Cowboy...

Signing off!

TiamatZ on
    edited June 2011
    I totally understand. Bummed that we're calling it quits, but it was a fun ride.

Thanks for taking the DM role, and thanks for what we were able to get through. Maybe you'll get a chance to start it over and we can try and get back in at a later date.

Illianthar on
  • TuranosTuranos Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Yeah that's a real shame, I was enjoying having this campaign ticking along. PbP D&D has definitely met my expectations in terms of how fun it's been. Thanks for helping introduce me to it!

Turanos on
  • squishy-blobsquishy-blob Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Such a shame.

squishy-blob on
  • skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Sorry. :(

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?