As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Scroll [Buttoneers] so good, like the butter on a muffin (Discount GET!)

• Options
    AlatheiaAlatheia Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I have a crapton of last years buttons left but I don't have the image file anymore and I'm not creating a new one just to upload to the site :P

Alatheia on
  • Options
    Brian4120Brian4120 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Aioua wrote: »
    So, preliminary idea:
    PaBc6.png

Dunno. Do people find this amusing?

At least I understand it. As for others?... Well, maybe.

Brian4120 on
    I'M HALPING!
  • Options
    jonxpjonxp [E] PC Security Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Aioua wrote: »
    So, preliminary idea:
    PaBc6.png

Dunno. Do people find this amusing?

I like it.

Alatheia wrote: »
    I have a crapton of last years buttons left but I don't have the image file anymore and I'm not creating a new one just to upload to the site :P

Take a picture of one, upload it, and uncheck the "crop" checkbox.
    EDIT: Also, I should mention that the site does more than just show your button, it also lets you keep track of the buttons you've collected, which is why I really made it.

jonxp on
    Every time you write parallel fifths, Bach kills a kitten.
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1614-5576
    PAX Prime 2014 Buttoneering!
  • Options
    AlatheiaAlatheia Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I am too lazy! I admit it!

Alatheia on
  • Options
    hml151hml151 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Love the tardis, our group is going this year (Friday) as the doctors and captain jack (all females) and companions (males) and a tardis (hopefully someone will wear my costume. If I get to make a button it will be doctor who related, made be some old school stuff.

hml151 on
    Max sig size: 500x80px OR 4 lines of text
    School Girl Goodness...Watch for us at future PAX Prime events. If want some of my geek chic collection, click on the etsy link.

http://s774.photobucket.com/user/SchoolGirlGoodness/library/
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/VeronatheMad

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I was just about to order my buttons, when lo and behold PureButtons now only ships FedEx. To Alaska, the slowest possible shipping is still $25 (on a $20 order). Yeah... NO.

So, either I will make other arrangements with them, do it much later to ship to the hotel, or just don't buttoner this year.

Why do these places never think that Alaska is part of the US?

akjak on
    Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Its not until 2030 when we annex canada.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    akjak wrote: »
    I was just about to order my buttons, when lo and behold PureButtons now only ships FedEx. To Alaska, the slowest possible shipping is still $25 (on a $20 order). Yeah... NO.

So, either I will make other arrangements with them, do it much later to ship to the hotel, or just don't buttoner this year.

You can also ask anyone on here in the lower 48 who is willing to use their own address for you/hold it until they see you at PAX.

CaptainTapole on
    The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    akjak wrote: »

Shipping it to someone else who is attending PAX is a time honored Buttoneering tradition.

jonxp on
  • Options
    MaetrixMaetrix Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    BigRed wrote: »
    Its not until 2030 when we annex canada.

Awww, do we have to wait until 2030?! You can adopt our health care and we get to watch Hulu, get access to new features as soon as they're made available (I'm looking at YOU xbox..), be recognized as an entity... yanno - fair trade ;)

Maetrix on
    Blog | Twitter | Raptr | BUTTONEER!
    PAX2011 STATUS:"WAS MONDO AWESOME!"
    PAX2012 STATUS:"Is it too soon yet?!"
  • Options
    Slipstream0Slipstream0 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    finished my design, combining two of my favorite franchises :D

Sonic-Assassin-Button.png?1308702747

Slipstream0 on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I thought of the strangest thing. Reverse buttoneering!
    Essentially, I would ask for all of my 2010 buttons back :D trade for a bonus button!

Naw.

Brian4120 on
    I'M HALPING!
  • Options
    etherealvisionetherealvision Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    hml151 wrote: »
    Love the tardis, our group is going this year (Friday) as the doctors and captain jack (all females) and companions (males) and a tardis (hopefully someone will wear my costume. If I get to make a button it will be doctor who related, made be some old school stuff.
    I will have to keep an eye out so we can trade and get pictures! I'll be carrying my Sonic Screwdriver around, even if I'm not dressed as The Doctor, I don't think I fit the look, or I'd try to go as Matt Smith's Doctor.

etherealvision on
    Let there be games!
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited June 2011
    Brian4120 wrote: »
    Essentially, I would ask for all of my 2010 buttons back :D trade for a bonus button!

Naw.

You just gave me an idea. How about a corkboard set up somewhere unobtrusive near byoc. People come up and put their buttons on it. Then later on (after there are a sufficient amount of buttons) let people trade any button they have for one on the board (could come from anywhere, swag, their own backpack, anywhere). Some time on Sunday, maybe all day, put a sign on the board that says FREE BUTTONS and let people take however many of any buttons they want. Also maybe leave some information about what buttoneering is and get more people in for next year.

Thoughts?

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    Slipstream0Slipstream0 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »

Naw.

You just gave me an idea. How about a corkboard set up somewhere unobtrusive near byoc. People come up and put their buttons on it. Then later on (after there are a sufficient amount of buttons) let people trade any button they have for one on the board (could come from anywhere, swag, their own backpack, anywhere). Some time on Sunday, maybe all day, put a sign on the board that says FREE BUTTONS and let people take however many of any buttons they want. Also maybe leave some information about what buttoneering is and get more people in for next year.

Thoughts?

sounds awesome :D

Slipstream0 on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »

Naw.

Thoughts?
    This must happen.

Brian4120 on
    I'M HALPING!
  • Options
    RisiaRisia Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I changed my button!
    psychopinkie.jpg

And they came in the mail!
    DSC00398.jpg

Risia on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Risia wrote: »
    I changed my button!
    psychopinkie.jpg

And they came in the mail!
    DSC00398.jpg

Cool! Be sure to add it to the site!

jonxp on
  • Options
    RisiaRisia Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Done. :)

Risia on
  • Options
    HikariStarshineHikariStarshine Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    OK, I'm a little late starting on my designs this year, but I'm definitely down for buttons (as usual). I have a pretty awesome idea for my primary button (not saying anything yet), but I threw together an initial idea for my alternate one after spending some time with my favorite NES game. I'm not sure if I like it, though... Certainly an iconic sequence from the game, at least.
    TGL.png

HikariStarshine on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Here's mine:
    akjak2011.jpg

akjak on
  • Options
    HikariStarshineHikariStarshine Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Akjak, do you happen to have a higher-resolution version of your meeple? It might be better to avoid the big chunky pixels like that if you can help it.

Also (assuming you're new to buttoneering; if not, then don't mind me), I'd recommend building it on the template that PureButtons provides; if you submit it to them as it is there, a rather large portion of it is going to get folded over the edges of the button. The dotted line you see on many of the sample files here doesn't actually show up on the buttons as printed (at least, not if you use the template properly) but it does provide an easy way to tell what will and won't show up on *most* of your buttons. I try to make sure there's plenty of space for the important parts of my image before reaching the dotted line, and that the background parts extend *past* the dotted line, to allow for situations where the button isn't quite centered when they press it.

HikariStarshine on
  • Options
    MetaverseNomadMetaverseNomad Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    5868862752_0bdb21227d.jpg

This is what I'm thinking for mine... I suck at text though... I might get rid of the PAX text all together, or maybe change it a bit... Once I'm done I'll add it to the button site!

MetaverseNomad on
  • Options
    CadynCadyn Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I've got my design pretty much down, to reflect my annual change of forum avatar and title. I'm having my Photoshop guru look it over before I send it to PureButtons.

I'd been looking through the bags of buttons I've collected from fellow buttoneers during the last 3 years of PAX. Looking for ideas, but also reminiscing on memories collected while exchanging buttons. I was surprised at how many of you I remember simply for having traded buttons. So, to buttoneers from years past, thanks. And to present and future buttoneers, thanks in advance for trading buttons with me if I see you around the convention.

Cadyn on
  • Options
    VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I still need to make mine... ahhh =)

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Options
    psychopezpsychopez Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Here's the base, without the template:
    tsSniperFull.png

Don't know if I should just add my name or something else TF2 related in the empty space...

psychopez on
    “Myth is the hidden part of every story, the buried part, the region that is still unexplored because there are as yet no words to enable us to get there."

-Italo Calvino
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Akjak, do you happen to have a higher-resolution version of your meeple? It might be better to avoid the big chunky pixels like that if you can help it.

Also (assuming you're new to buttoneering; if not, then don't mind me), I'd recommend building it on the template that PureButtons provides;

Pixelated somewhat on purpose. ;)

I did use the template... This is what the front will look like, not the actual image I sent to PureButtons :)

Thanks for the advice tho!

akjak on
  • Options
    SnipethewolfSnipethewolf Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    :Edit:

My Button! Not the best but its my first :P
    Button.jpg

Snipethewolf on
  • Options
    Menolly07Menolly07 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I leave you people alone for a week and you're annexing CANADA!!?? In other news, <3 the pony button.

Menolly07 on
    Still PAXing strong. [E] for lyfe. ELand forever.
    twitter.com/Menolly07
  • Options
    SwordMageSwordMage Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    *grins* I'm looking at this thread while a friend finishes up the designs for mine, my husband's, and Waffle the Frog's pins. It shall be awesome.

SwordMage on
    SwordMage, aka Willa
    ---
    twitter: SwordMage86
    XBL: SwordMagelet
  • Options
    SerenitySerenity Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Omg I am shit out of ideas for designs this year... I had planned to change my avatar but haven't had the time. Also I kinda still like my cat... any ideas?

Serenity on
    qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • Options
    EnigmasEnigmas Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I finally have a design idea.
    I will leave you all with these hints:
    1. It will incorporate my new avatar.
    2. It will incorporate the quote above my avatar.
    3. There will likely be a PAX logo.

Go.

Enigmas on
    3DS: 4871-3908-4971
    Hungry? The Cookie Brigade!
    PAX Prime 2013 Buttoneer! Main Design! And the Creeper is still waiting for you...

Slytherin House Elf for the Order of the Phoenix!
    Just because we're arrogant, doesn't mean we're (completely) evil.
  • Options
    CRCelfCRCelf Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Guys! When is the recommended ordering deadline? We missed out last year, but we want to get back in the game this year!

CRCelf on
  • Options
    MarySueMarySue Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Serenity wrote: »
    Omg I am shit out of ideas for designs this year... I had planned to change my avatar but haven't had the time. Also I kinda still like my cat... any ideas?

I'm almost thinking that a simple text that says, "I got this button from Mary Sue" is going to be my design.

Giving myself a few more days to come up with something else, though.

MarySue on
    Portland, Oregon, and sloe gin fizz. If that ain't love, then tell me what is.
    +++BRONYS BEFORE BROS!+++
  • Options
    MasterHeliosMasterHelios Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    OK, I'm a little late starting on my designs this year, but I'm definitely down for buttons (as usual). I have a pretty awesome idea for my primary button (not saying anything yet), but I threw together an initial idea for my alternate one after spending some time with my favorite NES game. I'm not sure if I like it, though... Certainly an iconic sequence from the game, at least.
    TGL.png

Oh hey I love TGL, glad to see someone else has heard of it!
    Cool button too!

MasterHelios on
    Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    お前はもう
    死んでいる
  • Options
    SerenitySerenity Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    MarySue wrote: »
    Serenity wrote: »

I'm almost thinking that a simple text that says, "I got this button from Mary Sue" is going to be my design.

Giving myself a few more days to come up with something else, though.

Hehe yeah I'm gonna give myself until Monday and then just start designing whatever pops into my mind first... Hopefully not simple text. It would feel like a waste of money... also I quite enjoy buttoneering so I want a design I can be proud of...

Serenity on
    qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    F2I48.png
    90% sure on this one.

Aioua on
    life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    MokanaMokana Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    This will be my second year going. I loved the buttons last year, so hopefully I can get mine done in time to participate with you all.

Mokana on
  • Options
    s7arbucks7arbuck Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    SSSOOOO I didn't see thsi question answered yet. is there a date we need to order by? I remember the date last year being like August 10th?

s7arbuck on
  • Options
    CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I am going to guess by July 31st? If they are going to continue on their 7-10 business day (plus 4 day shipping) turn around time, that would give it nearly three business weeks for folks to get it....if they do regular shipping.

CaptainTapole on
    The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.