As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Spring into Action Figures!

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2006
    1202_dcd_gl.jpg

Does not look that great to me.

I would love to have some DC figures based on McGuinness's artwork, specificially the Ultramarines. A Knight figure would be great, ditto a jetpack gorilla commando and a Grodd with crown, bloody visage and throne.

jlac1pg76dp.jpg

jlac2pg193gv.jpg

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited March 2006
    Another recruit for the Justice Society -

The Sandman...
    P1010015.jpg

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • Options
    edited March 2006
    New arrivals...

36de5567.jpg

Bad Karma on
  • Options
    MaladictMaladict Registered User regular
    edited March 2006
    Bad Karma wrote:
    Another recruit for the Justice Society -

The Sandman...
    P1010015.jpg

That's pretty sweet :^:

Maladict on
  • Options
    hughtronhughtron __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2006
    1202_dcd_gl.jpg

Does not look that great to me.

I would love to have some DC figures based on McGuinness's artwork, specificially the Ultramarines. A Knight figure would be great, ditto a jetpack gorilla commando and a Grodd with crown, bloody visage and throne.

bestcomicever

ohmanthoseissuesweresogood

I think there's some Superman/Batman figures modeled after the McGuinnness art.

hughtron on
    minisy3.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2006
    Yeh, the first arc was illustrated by him. They are more statues than figures though, I think the only have 8 POA.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2006
    I picked up the Batman unmasked figure.....

Its....... nice. :D

Sharp101 on
  • Options
    edited March 2006
    Sharp101 wrote:
    I picked up the Batman unmasked figure.....

Its....... nice. :D

I wasn't too thrilled with the unmasked line, only becasue they are all (with the exception of Superman and the Joker head) repaints. The only figure I picked up was J'onn J'onnz, since I never had the original. Now Series 3 and 4 of the Alex Ross line, I'll be all over.

Bad Karma on
  • Options
    edited March 2006
    More fun..

justiceleague.jpg

Bad Karma on
  • Options
    edited March 2006
    OMG, DC has discovered swivel joints!

That Kia Asimiya Evil Batman is really cool. The tubing on the front is kind of retarded, but the concept and figure itself is pretty neat.
    Evil-Batman-KA2.jpg

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    edited March 2006
    Rather than bump a two month old thread, I'll just post this here...

lego1.jpg
    It was a pretty fun kit to make, and didnt take too long.

Bad Karma on
  • Options
    Torso BoyTorso Boy Registered User regular
    edited March 2006
    Bad Karma wrote:

lego1.jpg
    :shock:

...I want

Torso Boy on
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2006
    Those have shipped already?

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2006
    Mysst wrote:
    Those have shipped already?

They've been out for about a week at the Lego stores. Depends on the area for other retailers

Bad Karma on
  • Options
    SkankPlayaSkankPlaya Registered User regular
    edited April 2006
    The Wall Street Journal reports on a recent U.S. Court of International Trade ruling that sets back mutant rights at least twenty years. At issue was the humanity of certain Marvel characters that have action figures based on them; if the X-Men are human, then the action figures are classified as dolls and thus were subject to a higher tax rate when imported from China during the 1990s. In what fans of the series would presumably find an ironic reversal, Toy Biz Inc. (a subsidiary of Marvel) argued that they were freaks and monstrosities, while the Government, in the form of lawyers from the US Customs Office, that championed the humanity of the characters: "Each figure had a 'distinctive individual personality', the federal legal team argued. Some were Russians, Japanese, black, white, women, even handicapped. Wolverine, the government insisted, was simply 'a man with prosthetic hands'.

SkankPlaya on
  • Options
    JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited April 2006
    What?

Skank, what the hell is that?

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Options
    edited April 2006
    dragonballzcentral_1893_547861033

Purchased!

I got it Suncoat for less than $6. His left leg/hip joint is real loose to the point of falling out (it is a ball and socket), but that is ok.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited April 2006
    SkankPlaya wrote:
    The Wall Street Journal reports on a recent U.S. Court of International Trade ruling that sets back mutant rights at least twenty years. At issue was the humanity of certain Marvel characters that have action figures based on them; if the X-Men are human, then the action figures are classified as dolls and thus were subject to a higher tax rate when imported from China during the 1990s. In what fans of the series would presumably find an ironic reversal, Toy Biz Inc. (a subsidiary of Marvel) argued that they were freaks and monstrosities, while the Government, in the form of lawyers from the US Customs Office, that championed the humanity of the characters: "Each figure had a 'distinctive individual personality', the federal legal team argued. Some were Russians, Japanese, black, white, women, even handicapped. Wolverine, the government insisted, was simply 'a man with prosthetic hands'.

You can't make that shit up! :lol:

(Can... can you? If you did, bravo.)

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited April 2006
    Man, I'd love to see an official say that to Wolverine.

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited April 2006
    Torso Boy wrote:
    Bad Karma wrote:

lego1.jpg

...I want

OH MY GOD WHERE DID YOU BUY THAT?!

Hardtarget on
    steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    edited April 2006
    Hardtarget wrote:
    Torso Boy wrote:
    Bad Karma wrote:

lego1.jpg

...I want

OH MY GOD WHERE DID YOU BUY THAT?!

Lego store my friend..Lego store.

Bad Karma on
  • Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited April 2006
    ya i actually bought i off of the lego store website last night.
    damn you!

Hardtarget on
    steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    edited April 2006
    I can't decide if I want the Batjet or the Batmobile. It may be beacause I was hoping for more of a TAS Batmobile.

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2006
    Mysst wrote:
    I can't decide if I want the Batjet or the Batmobile. It may be beacause I was hoping for more of a TAS Batmobile.

The Ultimate Collectors Edition is a bit closer...

lego1-batmobile.gif

Hopefully it will be out soon.

Bad Karma on
  • Options
    edited April 2006
    Bad Karma wrote:
    Mysst wrote:

lego1-batmobile.gif

Oh, hell yes!

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2006
    Mysst wrote:
    Bad Karma wrote:
    Mysst wrote:

lego1-batmobile.gif

Oh, hell yes!

It's supposed to be 18" in length, and being an Ultimate Collectors Edition, the thing will probably be expensive.

Bad Karma on
  • Options
    FeriluceFeriluce Adrift on the morning star. Aberdeen, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2006
    Wait. Wait. They've made actual Lego brand Batman sets. Not some cheap block-style toy knock off? I've been wanting this since I was a kid.

Freakin' sweet.

Feriluce on
    XBox Live= LordFeriluce
    Steam: Feriluce
    Battle.net: Feriluce#1995
  • Options
    BoboBobo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2006
    The Lego Batman series is fairly new. Art Asylum had their C3 sets which were Lego-compatible, as well. The Minimates are way cooler than Lego figures, too.

Bobo on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited April 2006
    It's $50 for the Lego Batman vs Joker set.

Fuck that.

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    Pantaley ShlopapaPantaley Shlopapa Registered User regular
    edited April 2006
    Bad Karma wrote:
    Woo hoo! New hauls today...

First up...the beginnings of my Golden Age JSA display...

a8ff4b79.jpg

Wonder Woman looks like William H. Macy.

Pantaley Shlopapa on
    flash1.png
  • Options
    edited April 2006
    Keith wrote:
    It's $50 for the Lego Batman vs Joker set.

Fuck that.

Versus $31,602.00 for this bad boy...

cdad9fb8.jpg

Bad Karma on
  • Options
    edited April 2006
    That dude built that himself, tho.

Cause he's fucking INSANE.

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited April 2006
    Picked these up today at a flea market for $5 each:

toys422.jpg

I don't even know why I got the two Deadpool figures. I don't read Deadpool. I figure I'll just trade them to a friend for Mega Man figures.

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited April 2006
    I have that Man-Bat figure somewhere in the attic at my home.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    edited April 2006
    Woo! My Question arrived today...so I played around with photoshop...

question1.jpg

Bad Karma on
  • Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited April 2006
    AHAHAHAHA Paul Dini on Supergirl's metal purse accsesory.

Supergirlpost.gif

keepwalkingpost.gif

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited April 2006
    I wondered what the deal was with that purse.

Was she so tiny that they didn't feel I was getting my money's worth of plastic?

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Options
    BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2006
    Can anyone tell me what a good site for buying some Statues or Action Figures(JLU, DC Direct Marvel Legends etc.) is? I don't like Amazon nor Ebay so I'm lookin for another site.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2006
    Can anyone tell me what a good site for buying some Statues or Action Figures(JLU, DC Direct Marvel Legends etc.) is? I don't like Amazon nor Ebay so I'm lookin for another site.

The thing is, you may want to start liking Ebay. Toy lines like Marvel Legends, JLU, DC Superheroes etc.. can be found at pretty much any retail chain with a toy section. The problem is, that if you're looking for something that came out a year or two ago, or even just a few months, you're most likely screwed.

Now if you go to an online retailer, you can generally expect a 5 to 10 dollar markup on figures, depending on the line, company selling you the toy, and date produced. Then you need to account for the rarity of the figure, and any variants etc. After that, you also need to remember that you are going to be paying shipping.

DC Direct figures are a different beast all together. Since they are considered a 'specialty market' toy and made / shipped via DC Direct and Diamond Comics respectively, they are more expensive and harder to find in an actual brick and mortar store. On an online store, expect to pay anywhere from 5 to 15 dollars more than retail ($14.99 a piece MSRP for general figures) on figures made anytime after last year. Of course there are exceptions to the rule, and it also depends on the site.

I generally only collect DC Direct, and I display my figures loose, so Im not going to have to shell out extra cash just so I can buy a figure mint on card. There are very few online retailers that sell figures loose, and at decent prices. By using Ebay, you can find just about anything loose, or MOC, so you can get what you want. It's really all a matter of you not getting ripped off by shitty online retailer prices.

For example, I just bought The Question and John Constantine from DC Direct loose on ebay, I paid 18 bucks, shipping included, and not a scratch on them. Alternatively, I could have went to a place like actiontoys.com (which has the best library of DC Direct figures for sale, but shitty prices) and paid around 55 dollars plus shipping. It's not worth it. The same thing can go with Marvel Legends, Star Wars, JLU...anything. Just watchout for what you're buying and make sure you are not getting ripped off.

Bad Karma on
  • Options
    BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2006
    Bad Karma wrote:

The thing is, you may want to start liking Ebay. Toy lines like Marvel Legends, JLU, DC Superheroes etc.. can be found at pretty much any retail chain with a toy section. The problem is, that if you're looking for something that came out a year or two ago, or even just a few months, you're most likely screwed.

Now if you go to an online retailer, you can generally expect a 5 to 10 dollar markup on figures, depending on the line, company selling you the toy, and date produced. Then you need to account for the rarity of the figure, and any variants etc. After that, you also need to remember that you are going to be paying shipping.

DC Direct figures are a different beast all together. Since they are considered a 'specialty market' toy and made / shipped via DC Direct and Diamond Comics respectively, they are more expensive and harder to find in an actual brick and mortar store. On an online store, expect to pay anywhere from 5 to 15 dollars more than retail ($14.99 a piece MSRP for general figures) on figures made anytime after last year. Of course there are exceptions to the rule, and it also depends on the site.

I generally only collect DC Direct, and I display my figures loose, so Im not going to have to shell out extra cash just so I can buy a figure mint on card. There are very few online retailers that sell figures loose, and at decent prices. By using Ebay, you can find just about anything loose, or MOC, so you can get what you want. It's really all a matter of you not getting ripped off by shitty online retailer prices.

For example, I just bought The Question and John Constantine from DC Direct loose on ebay, I paid 18 bucks, shipping included, and not a scratch on them. Alternatively, I could have went to a place like actiontoys.com (which has the best library of DC Direct figures for sale, but shitty prices) and paid around 55 dollars plus shipping. It's not worth it. The same thing can go with Marvel Legends, Star Wars, JLU...anything. Just watchout for what you're buying and make sure you are not getting ripped off.
    Thanks alot, Hrm...I shall have to tolerate Ebay. Oh well, Figures are worth it.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
This discussion has been closed.