As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Ahab and Mars Relationship [Chat] Power Hour!

1565758596062»

• Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2011
    You know where we have to go from here, don't you?

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    a lot?

Tam on
  • Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2011
    I was going to say, "A Church Rummage Sale", so close enough.

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
  • NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Tam wrote: »
    so rather a lot

"A Lot" is a place to park cars and hold church rummage sales! Keep up that flagrant disregard for language and you won't have a rather long time out of jail at all!

http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/04/alot-is-better-than-you-at-everything.html

Love that site! My roommate has a sweatshirt with that image saying "I care about this Alot."

I just discovered that site last week, and completely fucking lost it with the stories about her dogs...and the "Party" story. The way she draws herself and her dogs is so fantastic, hahaha

NightDragon on
  • DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Wow.

This is strangely catchy
    ...*hangs head in shame*

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    edited June 2011
  • GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Rotoscope is meh

Godfather on
  • NamNam Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I've found the scene that best encapsulates my last 6 months of unemployment. Wow! It's seriously getting frustrating having to come up with new ways of explaining to nosy family members that I haven't found a job yet. As if I have much control outside of throwing applications into what feels like a massive black hole. I still have all my hair though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzXk3nfEdMY

Nam on
  • NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Grifter wrote: »

This sort of confirms my memory that T2 is a meh movie with some pretty sweet SFX

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • PROXPROX Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
  • MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Nam wrote: »
    I've found the scene that best encapsulates my last 6 months of unemployment. Wow! It's seriously getting frustrating having to come up with new ways of explaining to nosy family members that I haven't found a job yet. As if I have much control outside of throwing applications into what feels like a massive black hole. I still have all my hair though.

Possessed hand scene

You've been unemployed for 6 months so you blamed your possessed right hand and cut if off with a chainsaw?

Mustang on
  • yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Jeesus fucking christ it's been too hot to even think about taking photos lately.

At least I've been screwing around with music these last few days.

yalborap on
  • SonicSonic Absentee Landlord Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Grifter wrote: »

Fuck me, that was 20 years ago!? I'm getting so old...

Sonic on
  • FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Ngh. Got a job offer today from my old guitar tutor when I went to check out his new shop today, which would be cool if I didn't have a sneaking suspicion that there are more reasons he wants to hire me besides my work ethic.
    There's the fact that he's offering me a place there despite the fact that I haven't spoken to him since the middle of last year and haven't really touched a guitar in the last six months. Also that he showed me a couple of pictures of his farm and said I could visit if I wanted, and has in the past tried to convince me to be a singer for his band despite never having sung before. When I made to leave, he gave me a holographic guitar pick with the words 'jesus saves' on it (he doesn't know that I'm a pretty dedicated athiest).

Nothing solid, but I get a feeling something's not right here. Wouldn't be the first time I've had a weirdo on my case. :?

Flay on
    edited June 2011
    familyguyherbert1.jpg

?

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
    edited June 2011
    Yick.

Not quite that bad, but I don't think I'll be taking the job.

Flay on
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2011
    holy shit, I am blowing the biggest bubbles with this chewing gum.

It's really not meant to work this way.

tynic on
  • Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited June 2011
    FUCK. YES.

What's that, ZBrush? You say you don't want to let me use the very convenient GoZ feature because I have a copy of Maya that's too old?

FUCK YOU, I HACK YOUR SHIT. I MAKE IT WORK. I LAUGH IN YOUR FACE.

<victory pose>

Now I might actually be able to use ZBrush for useful work! Hooray!

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2011
    Zbrush is probably going to crash on you, and the error message will be "spite"

Iruka on
  • NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    :^: A++, Bacon!

NightDragon on
  • Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited June 2011
    Iruka wrote: »
    Zbrush is probably going to crash on you, and the error message will be "spite"

Maybe, but considering Pixologic decided to do this feature with straight up .mel scripting and .ma files, rather than coming up with some crazy convoluted backwards asshole bullshit like they do for most of their internal features, at least I know the functions are built on a foundation of some kind of sanity.

Angel_of_Bacon on
    edited June 2011
    FUCK. YES.

What's that, ZBrush? You say you don't want to let me use the very convenient GoZ feature because I have a copy of Maya that's too old?

FUCK YOU, I HACK YOUR SHIT. I MAKE IT WORK. I LAUGH IN YOUR FACE.

<victory pose>

Now I might actually be able to use ZBrush for useful work! Hooray!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YCN-a0NsNk

(This is what I heard when I read that I'm such a nerd.)

Flay on
  • The_Glad_HatterThe_Glad_Hatter One Sly Fox Underneath a Groovy HatRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    wtf, i JUST bought a friend a copy of TF2 this weekend and now it's a free game?
    Ah well, at least i supported the developpers.. Twice..

The_Glad_Hatter on
  • NamNam Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Whoever first said you shouldn't room with your best friend wasn't kidding...

: (

Nam on
  • m3nacem3nace Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    wtf, i JUST bought a friend a copy of TF2 this weekend and now it's a free game?
    Ah well, at least i supported the developpers.. Twice..
    It's always nice to give gabe money for his bathtub.
    I can't help but feeling a leeetle cheated seeing as how you can now get a premium tf2 account by buying 1 single item from the store. However I'm not mad, valve is still a super cool company.

m3nace on
  • MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    The copywriter asked out loud in the office last night. What does OMG mean?

She also bought two fish.... and she named them after her old fish. Let me see if you can grasp this.... because she couldnt decide on a name for both fish.... she gave both of them the name of her old fish. Her lack of creativity and ignorance is getting to the point where I wonder if she thinks at all.

MagicToaster on
    edited June 2011
    Man, judge her on her work performance if you want, but come on. That's just a little mean. You don't really need to pick her apart over pointless things, too.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • SiegfriedSiegfried Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Man, judge her on her work performance if you want, but come on. That's just a little mean. You don't really need to pick her apart over pointless things, too.

False. Making fun of people over pointless things is like America's #1 national pasttime.

Siegfried on
    Portfolio // Twitter // Behance // Tumblr
    Kochikens wrote:
    My fav is when I can get my kiss on with other dudes.
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Hey anyone who likes good old TV, Peter Falk died

Tam on
  • earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Oh man I just rerererererere-watched the Princess Bride like 3 days ago. Bummer.

I wouldn't make fun of someone who didnt know what OMG meant. I would probably actually shower them with praise.

Someone who can't think of names for fish however, deserve to be tarred and feathered for the amusement of the public.

earthwormadam on
  • m3nacem3nace Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    What? Awww nooo.

m3nace on
  • KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Are you kidding me
    its a time honoured tradition to name your fish after your dead fish.

I was up to Noah V before I retired the name.

Kochikens on
  • ChromatomicChromatomic Mr. DCRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I personally prefer the Dr. Seuss fish naming system. Everyone knows that it is the most scientific and precise method of fish nomenclature.

Chromatomic on
This discussion has been closed.