As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Comic book appreciation, tattoo style

SILV3RBACK_27SILV3RBACK_27 Registered User new member
edited July 2011 in Graphic Violence
I was eleven years old when I resolved to get the Venom symbol tattooed on my back. It took me another eighteen years to get around to it, but it's finally finished. I'm curious if any other PA fans have comic book tattoos, please post.

27807_1259288013401_1565681470_30542199_787967_n.jpg

forgive the bad photo quality, my camera phone isn't very high end

27807_1259288133404_1565681470_30542201_6467442_n.jpg

SILV3RBACK_27 on

• Options
    mrmrmrmr nameless protagonist Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    That's pretty badass. Looks like it would've hurt a lot in the morning. I've never had one, so I dunno what kinda pains they involve.

If I ever get one I always thought it'd be rad to get DCAU Harley Quinn in a pinup girl pose on my arm or somewhere.

Or just a plain old "Xavier Institute" circle/X on my arm.

mrmr on
    Practice Round, my blog where I talk (mostly) about comics.
    p4.png
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    personally I don't think I would get a comic book tattoo... well, maybe the BPRD shield on my shoulder or something

but definitely not like this guy

superman-tattoos-on-chest-ye-old-chest-piece-21335035.jpg

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    mrmrmrmr nameless protagonist Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Yeah, some tats are cool or neat, but some go overboard. They just have such potential to be horrible, horrible mistakes.

mrmr on
    Practice Round, my blog where I talk (mostly) about comics.
    p4.png
  • Options
    ZeromusZeromus Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    personally I don't think I would get a comic book tattoo... well, maybe the BPRD shield on my shoulder or something

but definitely not like this guy

superman-tattoos-on-chest-ye-old-chest-piece-21335035.jpg[IMG][/img]

This is so awesome

Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
  • Options
    Romero ZombieRomero Zombie Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Ha - I have the same tattoo as the OP - except mine is significantly smaller and fitted in between my shoulder blades

Romero Zombie on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I keep talking myself into and out of an Avengers half sleeve. I keep seeing all kinds of awesome art that I could live with forever, but I can't decide on exactly the right piece.

spookymuffin on
    PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • Options
    AJRAJR Some guy who wrestles NorwichRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I got this last year:

Tattoo3-1.jpg

It's based off of this:

Octopus1.jpg

AJR on
    Aaron O'Malley. Wrestler extraordinaire.
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Instagram
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I keep talking myself into and out of an Avengers half sleeve. I keep seeing all kinds of awesome art that I could live with forever, but I can't decide on exactly the right piece.

I've been thinking about something similar but with Spider-Man as a half sleeve. I have tiny weakling arms though so I don't know how it would work. My buddy has a Batman sleeve that is absolutely amazing.

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • Options
    spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I also thought about comissioning a piece by someone like Frank Cho or Mike Deodato Jr. The cost would be worth it, since it'll be mine and on my body forever.

spookymuffin on
    PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    edited June 2011
    Comics have been such a huge influence to me over my entire life that I can't even imagine what i'd choose to get inked.

X-men, with its gay-persecution allegory; not just a comic book but an ideal that made life as an outcast child in central texas a little more bearable?

Deadpool maybe? My favorite marvel character, one I've been reading since before his solo book in the 90s? Or his he too popular; would it be "gauche" to get something like that because idiots on the internet ruined public perception of him?

Green Arrow, my favorite dc hero? Constantly miswritten, constantly maligned, i-havent-read-a-good-story-about-him-since-quiver Green Arrow?

Something Jack Knight Starman related? Hands down not only my favorite comic book story ever, but also a book that got me through an incredibly difficult period in my life, the death of my brother, the man who raised me, who was more of a father figure to me than any other male presence in my life.

Maybe something indie. Scud, the book that showed me you don't have to be in color or, hell, even spellchecked, to be a fantastic read? Madman? The Maxx? Street Angel? Bone?

...Dilbert? Calvin and Hobbes? Sandman; something Endless related?

I could go on and on and on about different comic books that have touched or influenced my life in many different ways.

Whippy on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited June 2011
    you get them all

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    edited June 2011
    I have a pokemon tattoo. I also have a dickbutt tattoo. On my ass.

Body mod as a whole is alluring. I need more piercings.

Whippy on
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    The only tattoo I've ever considered getting is the Blue Beetle scarab, along my spine. Just something simple, and relatively discreet. I think it's something that'd look cool as a solid block of color, without any shading and such.

Still, it's not something I'm in a hurry to do. I figure I'll wait and get it in order to commemorate some milestone in my life.

Munch on
  • Options
    Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Joker Card arm tattoo:
    photo.jpg

Ignore the outlines for the sleeve, haven't gotten it filled in yet.

I also plan on getting Dr Doom on one side of my lower leg (facing out, arms crossed) and Batman on the other (same pose).

Mr Pink on
  • Options
    143999143999 Tellin' ya not askin' ya, not pleadin' with yaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I have a tattoo of the Invisible Woman.

143999 on
    8aVThp6.png
  • Options
    GankGank Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Van Gogh meets Batman. Now that is staying classy.

batman-starry-night-tattoo.jpg

Gank on
    galactussig-1.jpg
  • Options
    cr0wcr0w Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2011
    I have two. The first is from a card Joker used in The Dark Knight...I fell in love with the design.

batmantat1.jpg

The second is the Arashikage clan symbol from G.I. Joe.

snakeeyestat1.jpg

Planning my next one, which isn't comic-related, but a Castlevania piece on my upper arm.

cr0w on