As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Let's talk about Knights of the Old Republic

1234568»

• themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    TheCanMan wrote: »
    I'm forgetful enough to have forgotten my wife's birthday. I went through 8 years of catholic schooling and still have to think for a second whether Christmas is on the 24th or 25th. But I can safely say that I don't think I'll ever forget that twist.

I think there's a very good chance that you have in fact been brain wiped.

I'm rereading A Song of Fire and Ice and I pretty much remembered Game of Thrones which I read 6 years ago or so. Happily I'm a bit sketchier on Clash of Kings which I'm about a third through. Still I have a pretty good idea of what happens in the end
    Tyrion saves Kings Landing and miraculously survives even more fucked up than he is now.

I love when I forget great plots so I can experience them again but it is rare.

themightypuck on
    “Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
  • IllieasIllieas Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    the twist i didn't see it coming. it ranks pretty much up there in best gaming moments ever for me.
    for reference i was playing your average shining hero. always sided light and being nice. then the twist happened.
    i went straight from shock to rage in a matter of seconds. then from on darth revan rised again destroy all that dared mess with him

Illieas on
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I could never bring myself to be dark side in KotOR, you're just a huge douche.

That being said...I always hated the final lightside robes and how much cooler the dark side robes were. But at least you don't get them til the end of the game anyway.

Dragkonias on
  • SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Synthesis wrote: »
    I fell for the twist when I first played and I fell for it again just now five years later.

How could this happen, exactly? How did you manage to put the whole thing out of your mind? Did you go into it thinking, "Hey! KOTOR I! I distinctly remember I had fun with this game, but I have no idea how it ends."
    LXjh8.jpg

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • CowSharkCowShark Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I was caught off guard by the twist, but I felt like that game came out too near Fight Club to have that twist in it, so when it happened I felt it came off too Scooby-Doo, and I worried about whether this was gonna be a recurring thing for the next several years.

Compared to the first one, I loved KotoR 2.

215511639_aFbJa-L-2.jpg

CowShark on
  • chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Synthesis wrote: »
    I fell for the twist when I first played and I fell for it again just now five years later.

How could this happen, exactly? How did you manage to put the whole thing out of your mind? Did you go into it thinking, "Hey! KOTOR I! I distinctly remember I had fun with this game, but I have no idea how it ends."
    LXjh8.jpg
    Remember Carth Onasi.

Carth Onasi wrote himself endless notes. But he'd get mixed up. I've got a more graceful solution to the memory problem. I'm disciplined and organized. I use habit and routine to make my life possible. Carth had no drive. No reason to make it work.

Me? Yeah, I got a reason.

chiasaur11 on
  • psyck0psyck0 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    God, this game is impossibly buggy and the controls are absolute shit. I am fighting a droid in an elevator and trying to get him to stand in one part of the elevator because he is supposedly weaker there. So I run in with my lead character and head over there; my party ignores me and stands stupidly in the entrance while he attacks them. I hit Tab to switch to the next character and she refuses to fucking move even after I disengage from combat. I know this is a bug because it has happened to me out of combat, too- my characters LOVE to refuse to fucking move. After every combat they get stuck for about 3 seconds before they'll start walking again. This is nearly unplayable.

psyck0 on
    Play Smash Bros 3DS with me! 4399-1034-5444
    steam_sig.png
  • MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    psyck0 wrote: »
    God, this game is impossibly buggy and the controls are absolute shit. I am fighting a droid in an elevator and trying to get him to stand in one part of the elevator because he is supposedly weaker there. So I run in with my lead character and head over there; my party ignores me and stands stupidly in the entrance while he attacks them. I hit Tab to switch to the next character and she refuses to fucking move even after I disengage from combat. I know this is a bug because it has happened to me out of combat, too- my characters LOVE to refuse to fucking move. After every combat they get stuck for about 3 seconds before they'll start walking again. This is nearly unplayable.

1 or 2?

And what enemy is weaker if they stand in a specific part of an elevator?

Mulletude on
    XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Mulletude wrote: »
    psyck0 wrote: »

1 or 2?

And what enemy is weaker if they stand in a specific part of an elevator?

And did you turn combat movement on in the settings?

WhiteZinfandel on