As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Yiddish Policemen's [Chat]

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Lulzsec hit the arizona border police. As Martin Lawerence said "Shit just got real."

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2011
    I wonder if tf2 going free to play means that tf3 is on the horizon

Nerdgasmic on
  • FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    I wonder if tf2 going free to play means that tf3 is on the horizon

Releasing a new game would just cannibalize their hat sales : (

Frosteey on
    edited June 2011
    frosteey

you're just the guy I wanted to see

should I have my monk in Crawl worship okawaru or the snail god

Nerdgasmic on
  • QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I need to add another hundred characters to this. Not sure where.

Quid on
  • tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    people who complain about TF2 going free and who demand "their money back" are awful

tyrannus on
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So just played the Duke Nukem demo. Gods, I feel sorry for everyone who payed money for that game.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
    edited June 2011
    tyrannus wrote: »
    people who complain about TF2 going free and who demand "their money back" are awful

This is true.

They should have demanded it back when the game became awful and confusing.

Quid on
    edited June 2011
    the game is just fine

it's plenty of fun

Nerdgasmic on
    edited June 2011
    frosteey

I do not have much personal experience with the slow god, but I would say it has a lot of potential at the cost of an immense increase in initial difficulty. Playing a slow person introduces a loooooot of challenges. Okawaru haste and equipment are just a very safe, strong bet.

Slow god's abilities and increase in stats can be really really good for unarmed combat, though.

Also could depend a little bit on your race.

Frosteey on
    edited June 2011
    Frosteey wrote: »
    frosteey

I do not have much personal experience with the slow god, but I would say it has a lot of potential at the cost of an immense increase in initial difficulty. Playing a slow person introduces a loooooot of challenges. Okawaru haste and equipment are just a very safe, strong bet.

Slow god's abilities and increase in stats can be really really good for unarmed combat, though.

minotaur, which I guess really counts against the snail god since I'd be restricted to wearing a cloth cap for the enchantment

Nerdgasmic on
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2011
    i'm really liking britney spear's new stuff

Dynagrip on
  • tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    it's actually still pretty fun

tyrannus on
    edited June 2011
    I actually finally had fun with TF2 recently. But it was mostly because I ended up on a server not full of things that were bought weapons and hats. Basically just setting people on fire was a good strategy.

Also Captain America, excited.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Man, Cars 2. This is the first year I haven't wanted to see a Pixar film since Cars 1.

Yeah, I have zero interest in the Cars franchise. And even though Cars 1 was their worst reviewed film, it made Pixar more money than WALL-E. Not to mention the toy sales were astronomical, far exceeding even Toy Story.

Edit: Finding Nemo was a modern classic. Every child with a soul wanted a little plush clownfish. Cars toys outsold Finding Nemo toys 10 to 1.

I think it's just that you can make up an infinite number of new Cars characters for toy lines without stretching the concept too thin or straying too far from the source material.

If Disney asks you to make ten more toys for the Toy Story line, you either create ten more versions of Buzz Lightyear or create a new character who isn't as good as the Pixar originals. If Disney asks you to make ten more toys for the Cars line, you just find ten new cars to paint eyes on. The automative world has already done the hard part of designing the basic forms, and kids are going to accept that a street cleaner with eyes is part of the Cars universe.

With Finding Nemo, I suppose there's still a range of sea life you can use, but you'd still have to take the appropriate liberties to make them visually consistent with the primary cast. Again, it's much easier to just slap eyes on a Hot Wheel.

Robos A Go Go on
    edited June 2011
    tyrannus wrote: »
    it's actually still pretty fun

Nope!

But I do agree it's dumb for people to demand their money back.

Quid on
    edited June 2011
    Hard for me to demand my money back, I got TF2 by buying the Orange Box on sale.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2011
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    i'm really liking britney spear's new stuff

been listening to this a lot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrVNq0fJx3M

Organichu on
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    So just played the Duke Nukem demo. Gods, I feel sorry for everyone who payed money for that game.

The demo is actually a bit worse than the game. They took some of the worst parts and showed them off with even less polish than the meager amount in the final product. I have no idea why they would release that demo if they intended to trick people into paying money for the game.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
    edited June 2011
    Bam! 800 characters. Done with this biznitch.

Quid on
    edited June 2011
    frosteey

minotaur, which I guess really counts against the snail god since I'd be restricted to wearing a cloth cap for the enchantment

What is wrong with caps Nerdgasmic you play TF2 you love hats : (

That actually sounds like it could be pretty fun since increased strength would mean stronger headbutts I think!

Okay but anyway I haven't played regularly in like a year and I haven't won in two years so my knowledge of the game and recent changes is actually super limited but I really want to start playing again soon : (

Frosteey on
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2011
    Mazzyx wrote: »

The demo is actually a bit worse than the game. They took some of the worst parts and showed them off with even less polish than the meager amount in the final product. I have no idea why they would release that demo if they intended to trick people into paying money for the game.

maybe they figured morbid curiousity alone would trick enough people.

Dynagrip on
    edited June 2011
    frosteey

What is wrong with caps Nerdgasmic you play TF2 you love hats : (

That actually sounds like it could be pretty fun since increased strength would mean stronger headbutts I think!

Okay but anyway I haven't played regularly in like a year and I haven't won in two years so my knowledge of the game and recent changes is actually super limited but I really want to start playing again soon : (
    I went with okawaru and died when I ran into a worker ant and the Grinder after a sky beast nearly killed me :(

anyway, whenever you play it again you should play one of the octopus people that will be in the next patch and can wear eight rings

also, check this out:
    crawlweirdentranceplayers.png

Nerdgasmic on
    edited June 2011
    I knooooow someone else said something about octopus people and I was like "Whaaaaaat!?" That's amazing!

Frosteey on
  • Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So I wanted to say, while the forums were down, that The Ledge sounds really fucking stupid.

it really does.

i'd rather watch the one about the baldwin brother who wants to destroy christmas.

Who is making/writing this movie?

It can only involve ridiculously mixed messages.

Apothe0sis on
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2011
    i know all about octopuses

i ate 'em!

Organichu on
    edited June 2011
    Octopuses are delicious. Especially fried.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited June 2011
    I am occasionally very glad to live in this part of the world.
    A court in Taiwan this week ruled against a female food-blogger who said a local restaurant's beef noodles "were too salty," and that she'd seen cockroaches scurrying around in the restaurant. She gets 30 days in detention, two years of probation, and must pay 200,000 Taiwanese dollars (about $7K US dollars) in compensation to the restaurant. The court didn't argue she was lying about the bugs, but ruled that "Ms. Liu should not have criticized all the restaurant's food as too salty because she only had one dish on her single visit."

Echo on
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Damn, 30 days incarcerated for a restaurant review.

TL DR on
    edited June 2011
    Don't mess with a restaurant who gives up one of their daughters to the judge.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Sounds like a real one-star judicial system.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I don't eat Octopus, or Cuttlefish because they are smart and funny.

Squid are mean though, so maybe it would be ok to eat them. Probably not though.

Apothe0sis on
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    fuck I hate other forums with regards to debates

this place has actually spoiled me

Tav on
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Organichu wrote: »
    i ate 'em!

*muffled cry* Hey! It's dark in here!

emnmnme on
    edited June 2011
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    I don't eat Octopus, or Cuttlefish because they are smart and funny.

Squid are mean though, so maybe it would be ok to eat them. Probably not though.

I eat my rivals in the animal kingdom I can absorb their power. For if it weren't for people like me, we would be under the tentacle of the octopodes. Like the Japanese school girls.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
    edited June 2011
    live octopus sounds so decadent....

Nerdgasmic on
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited June 2011
    In Cairo today: the ticket dude standing by the door of a bus I was riding lost his balance, leaned out of the bus and balanced himself on the motorcycle that was cruising along next to the door and pushed himself back, the motorcycle guy just shook his head, and the guy riding behind him flipped that dude off. Also, we went to see a friend of a friend's cow-themed fashion show. And more? Yep.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
    edited June 2011
    That is pretty awesome Elki. What is it like in Egypt? I might pick your brain at some point on how you feel its changed and such.

Also I liked the rapper that was on Colbert last night.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Warp Riders is such a good album amg

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    What do you call residents of Cairo? Caironians?

emnmnme on
This discussion has been closed.