As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[TF2] is now FREE!! You have no excuse not to play. Meet the Medic in OP!!

• Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Well, I'm about to craft these hats to see if I get something better, since I never wear them. Let me know if anyone is interested in these before the craft machine eats them up.

Vintage Fedora
    Vintage Engineer's Cap
    Vintage Troublemaker's Tossle
    Officer's Ushanka
    Milkman
    Sergeant's Drill Hat

AuburnTiger on
    XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    mrt144mrt144 King of the Numbernames Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    The detonator jump seems really weak.

mrt144 on
  • Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Well, I'm about to craft these hats to see if I get something better, since I never wear them. Let me know if anyone is interested in these before the craft machine eats them up.

Vintage Fedora
    Vintage Engineer's Cap
    Officer's Ushanka
    Milkman
    Sergeant's Drill Hat

What would you want for the Drill hat (A Stout Shako work?), and why would you burn a set hat with ridiculous bonuses (milkman)?

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

Vintage Fedora
    Vintage Engineer's Cap
    Officer's Ushanka
    Milkman
    Sergeant's Drill Hat
    Ideally, you shouldn't craft any of the Vintage items or the Milkman. All of them can be traded for better than 1-to-1 for a hat you prefer that is non-Vintage (or 1-to-1 for Vintage), which any hat you craft will be anyway.

Bethryn on
    ...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    mrt144 wrote: »
    The detonator jump seems really weak.

Yeah, I think it got over tuned-down from beta, where it was quite silly. For a while, it was like doing a better sticky-jump but for less self-damage.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Probably the worst time to try and pick this game back up.

Is there still a steam community room? Logic tells me play Scout, heart tells me play Sniper.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    So I just crafted the Spy's Rose. Of course I don't play Spy, but it's still pretty need.

Badman, I'm pretty set on Soldier hats; I wear the Honcho, which is my favorite hat he has.

Edit: Also, I have a second Grimme Plague Hat.

AuburnTiger on
  • Options
    BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Sheep wrote: »
    Quick Fix and Tomislav are probably getting nerfs as well.

Heavy Medics were seriously difficult to take down last night. I nailed a Heavy with a regular Demo Pill and then a Crit Pill and he just shrugged it off.
    Oh noes, a can't go waltzing around killing everything in his sight.

Quick-Fix is fine. If the heavy was overhealed you wouldn't have killed him with those two pipes, and the default healing rate for the new medigun is only about 8.5 hp/s better than the regular medigun. If the heavy was ubered by it then you would'n't have killed him anyway (by design), and if he were ubered by the regular medigun you still wouldn't have killed him anyway. So what's the problem?

Tomislav is terrible simply because there were so many fucking heavies last night, nevermind the spin-up time taking away one of the heavies weaknesses. It wasn't uncommon to see at least 3-4 of the fuckers unless my team had a good sniper/spy, who inevitably made them rage and play a different class.
    So I just crafted the Spy's Rose
    Son of a bitch.

Barrakketh on
    Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
  • Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So I just crafted the Spy's Rose. Of course I don't play Spy, but it's still pretty need.

Badman, I'm pretty set on Soldier hats; I wear the Honcho, which is my favorite hat he has.

Edit: Also, I have a second Grimme Plague Hat.

Yeah, I'm just looking for something to where with my dress uniform and I'd never use the shako. You could always craft it, if you want to trade still.

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Oh hey, I got a Dr's Dapper Topper. Whoo, hats. :D

Rizzi on
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    If anyone has a strange minigun, I'd trade strange gloves of running urgently for it.

Peewi on
  • Options
    Serious_ScrubSerious_Scrub Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Vintage hats should still be worth something; I ended up paying 5 refined each for a vintage modest pile and a vintage hot rod

Serious_Scrub on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Barrakketh wrote: »

Heavy Medics were seriously difficult to take down last night. I nailed a Heavy with a regular Demo Pill and then a Crit Pill and he just shrugged it off.

Quick-Fix is fine. If the heavy was overhealed you wouldn't have killed him with those two pipes, and the default healing rate for the new medigun is only about 8.5 hp/s better than the regular medigun. If the heavy was ubered by it then you would'n't have killed him anyway (by design), and if he were ubered by the regular medigun you still wouldn't have killed him anyway. So what's the problem?

Tomislav is terrible simply because there were so many fucking heavies last night, nevermind the spin-up time taking away one of the heavies weaknesses. It wasn't uncommon to see at least 3-4 of the fuckers unless my team had a good sniper/spy, who inevitably made them rage and play a different class.
    Son of a bitch.

Hey man, it's not like I wanted it. I'm still looking for the Scout's socks.

AuburnTiger on
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Either the choppiness of all the servers is making me completely unable to take any accurate snapshots or these new sniper and scout stuff suck.

Duke 2.0 on
    VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    Metal Gear Solid 2 DemoMetal Gear Solid 2 Demo Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    unlocked 3 crates, got 3 paints

boy howdy I'm never doing that again!

Metal Gear Solid 2 Demo on
    SteamID- Enders || SC2 ID - BurningCrome.721 || Blogging - Laputan Machine
    1385396-1.png
    Orikae! |RS| : why is everyone yelling 'enders is dead go'
    When I say pop it that means pop it
    heavy.gif
  • Options
    YorkerYorker Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I played this years ago (during the first free weekend) and now I'm DLing it again, how much have things changed?

Yorker on
    76561198037322631.png
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    unlocked 3 crates, got 3 paints

boy howdy I'm never doing that again!

What colors?

Peewi on
  • Options
    Ross_CRoss_C Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So the effects of free to play are becoming a bit more apparent. I played in random pubs where there were a bunch of people with just crazy names filled with symbols and general awfulness. On the plus side there were a bunch of spies who did not know what the hell they were doing. On the bad side, my steam had 4 engineers who had no idea what they were doing. I'm sure this will smooth over once people learn how to play the game.

Ross_C on
  • Options
    undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    sounds like a normal pub to me

undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I really want to play, but I'm not one who usually plays multiplayer games, especially multiplayer FPS's. So every time I go to the server list (The matchmaking or whatever doesn't seem to work) I look at it for a bit, before shuddering and closing the game. I think it might be partly the fact that I don't think I'm very GOOD at the game, so I don't want to embarass myself.

heenato on
    M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    devericdeveric MinneapolisRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Ross_C wrote: »
    So the effects of free to play are becoming a bit more apparent. I played in random pubs where there were a bunch of people with just crazy names filled with symbols and general awfulness. On the plus side there were a bunch of spies who did not know what the hell they were doing. On the bad side, my steam had 4 engineers who had no idea what they were doing. I'm sure this will smooth over once people learn how to play the game.

this is why the servers listed in the OP are the place to play

deveric on
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Are any of the PA servers on the east coast? I can't seem to find any non-terrible Euro servers.

815165 on
  • Options
    EndaroEndaro Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I made out like a bandit on the trading servers. Dumped my ugly "Western Wear" Engie hat and two paints I would never use (gold/white).

Came out with the Familiar Fez, 4 Reclaimed, and an unused Strange Eyelander.

Endaro on
  • Options
    DeadlySherpaDeadlySherpa Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    oh man meet the medic was incredible.

They got the feeling of surprising the enemy team with a ubercharge and mowing them down perfectly right; I got goosebumps.

DeadlySherpa on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    heenato wrote: »
    I really want to play, but I'm not one who usually plays multiplayer games, especially multiplayer FPS's. So every time I go to the server list (The matchmaking or whatever doesn't seem to work) I look at it for a bit, before shuddering and closing the game. I think it might be partly the fact that I don't think I'm very GOOD at the game, so I don't want to embarass myself.

Favorite the PA servers listed in the OP and enter the queue so you can join when a slot opens. Nobody will care or judge you, and PA peeps are fun to play with.

Scosglen on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    815165 wrote: »
    Are any of the PA servers on the east coast? I can't seem to find any non-terrible Euro servers.

All of them are, AFAIK.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Afternoon full PA servers on a weekday what is this blasphemy?

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2011
    Barrakketh wrote: »

Son of a bitch.

A direct pill hit and a direct crit hit deal over 400 damage. Couple that with everyone else also firing on the Heavy, and then basically anyone that's not a Heavy also saying that it's OP means that Quick Fix is probably not fine and that there is a problem.

Comparing Quick Fix to Uber fails because Quick Fix is not Uber.

Sheep on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    hippocrates owns too btw

undeinPirat on
  • Options
    hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    PMAvers wrote: »

All of them are, AFAIK.

honc is west coast, isn't it?

I swear I thought it was west coast.

hatedinamerica on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    i get 30 ping to honc from virginny

def east coast

undeinPirat on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    PMAvers wrote: »

All of them are, AFAIK.

honc is west coast, isn't it?

It's out of the NY/NJ data center.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Shows what I know!

hatedinamerica on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    +
    Pyro is fun, nice and simple.

-
    Game is still wildly chaotic. I don't think it's well suited for sniping.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    -

O_o

You don't know what you're talking about.

xzzy on
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I just realized Meet the Spy came out in May of 2009. It took them like TWO YEARS to do Meet the Medic.

So, Meet the Pyro in 2013 then?

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    devericdeveric MinneapolisRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Job and I will be adding replay to HBDC sometime today. reboot is imminent

deveric on
  • Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    +
    Pyro is fun, nice and simple.

-

You just don't know the good sniping spots yet.

I killed you quite a few times, and each time you were really close to me and were trying to no-scope. No-scoping is not very effective.

DeMoN on
    Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I took a couple of screenshots.
    A21D7F97C33A969051E9BF3D74B1088472FA0FEC
    Bugboy does not like hearing about my rocket launcher

D28919AEE2D6D4ECA583B4DB7C88752B2DBCDD03
    This spy is having a look at what's going on

E8050D6D6C3BA1D4F5487623EBE145BD28317208
    Tophat is posing.

Peewi on
  • Options
    BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    A direct pill hit and a direct crit hit deal over 400 damage.
    Megaheal was active. The damage from your first pipe was almost instantly negated, and you didn't get a good pipe crit (approximately 330 damage max, which means you could have potentially insta-gibbed the heavy). Depending on when you engaged the pair, another medic could have overhealed the heavy.

Incidentally, had you done that to any other Megahealed target they would have died. Big surprise.
    Comparing Quick Fix to Uber fails because Quick Fix is not Uber.
    100 health/sec makes it a ghetto uber, one that is still vulnerable to being backstabbed, headshot, and crit (especially in the medic's case).
    Couple that with everyone else also firing on the Heavy
    Says nothing about the classes firing on them, how many players "everyone" really is, weapons being used and whether or not said players were firing from the optimal range for that weapon. An engineer standing way in the back shooting his shotgun at the heavy isn't going to do shit, nor is a heavy at range firing his minigun at another heavy who is simply being healed, nevermind a Megaheal.
    and then basically anyone that's not a Heavy also saying that it's OP means that Quick Fix is probably not fine and that there is a problem.
    People whine and bitch about new items, more at 11. I have yet to see you make a decent argument as to how the Quick-Fix is OP. Just because the heavy isn't literally invulnerable? Try to make a decent argument as to how it is overpowered compared to the standard medigun without resorting to "But he wasn't invincible!".

Barrakketh on
    Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru