As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

That turn based, top-view, rainbow six future game

SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG!Registered User regular
edited June 2011 in Games and Technology
Hey guys, quick question;

I've seen this game mentioned several times here on the forum, but I can't remember what it's called.

What I basically gather is that you have a squad, and you're going to infiltrate some building? It's top view, and you have to decide all actions before the action, like you did in the first Rainbow Six game, but here you press play and it plays out by itself, and you can't (afaik) control anything anymore. It's all done in one turn.

I remember there being explosives for breaching walls, snipers, and stuff like that. What's the name? I think the graphics were very simple too, almost tron-like.

Satsumomo on

• Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I believe that's Subversion by Introversion (the Darwinia/Defcon guys). Doesn't come out until next year, though.

EDIT: If it isn't what you're looking for, Subversion still looks awesome and I greatly desire it.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • amnesiasoftamnesiasoft Thick Creamy Furry Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Satsumomo wrote: »
    I think the graphics were very simple too, almost tron-like.
    I recall hearing those were only meant as placeholders, but I like them how they were.

amnesiasoft on
    steam_sig.png
  • SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Whoah! That game looks sweet!

It's not the one I'm looking for, however in one of the Youtube vids for Introversion, I was suggested: Frozen Synapse.

That's the one. :D Thanks!

Satsumomo on
  • Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Never heard of that Frozen Synapse thing but it looks really awesome.

If I have to drop 25 bucks on the preorder because of this dumb thread, I will be very cross.
    Actually very happy because that game looks really cool.

EDIT: FFFFFFFFUDGE! Bought. You bastard.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • vanmetalvanmetal Registered User new member
    edited June 2011
    I think you are talking about Shadow Watch.

vanmetal on
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Wow, necromancy on a thread almost a year old.

And your answer is wrong, in addition to him finding the game he was looking for.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png