As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WOW][Chat] 4.2 today! And there was much rejoicing.

• AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    copy and paste is just fine

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Arivia wrote: »
    copy and paste is just fine

Really?

This will save me some serious time when I upgrade my hard drive. The guy I know who's done it has had issues, but that's probably just his flaky SSD acting up.

Kainy on
    IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
  • DacDac Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Thank God.

I have BC+Wrath on discs, but I got Cata as a digital purchase and having to redownload that shit would've been the worst thing ever.

Steam, too.

Dac on
    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Oh, man, I've just been informed that I won a Carcharias in a youtube giveaway.

Sweet.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
    edited June 2011
    250g of repairs and counting on just daakara in this one run

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
    edited June 2011
    Well, he DID say he would kill anybuddy that trespass on those lands.

Dac on
  • IndieGirlIndieGirl Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Dac wrote: »
    Thank God.

I have BC+Wrath on discs, but I got Cata as a digital purchase and having to redownload that shit would've been the worst thing ever.

Steam, too.

Reinstalls are actually pretty painless now, it lets you log in fairly quickly and a lot of of it gets downloaded in the background

IndieGirl on
    zle3Y.jpg
    edited June 2011
    I realized streaming content was good, didn't realize it was that good.

Dac on
    edited June 2011
    but yeah, copying and pasting installs works just fine

streaming downloads are good, but why bother?

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

Sweet.

You... what? You won a shark? From Youtube?!

No, but seriously. What is that exactly? >_>

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
    edited June 2011
    It's a...mouse? from Razer.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    A note to the terrible pug DK in my ZA just now:

Please don't pull an extra pack with Howling Blast then claim the tank is bad for not immediately having threat on everything. Please stop standing in every aoe on hex lord, without a thought as to idk, popping AMS or IBF. No, we actually CAN do something about the lifebloom on the boss... No, we have no purge, you are correct. Check your unholy tab in your spellbook for a thing called "Necrotic Strike."

Nope, you're correct, I am a terrible healer for not keeping us up through the 9th set of Spirit Bolts. Yes, I should understand that you don't have the gear to do more than 6k DPS and I should be commending you for the .3% more damage you're doing over the tank. On a single target boss. As a Frost DK. (OK, he topped out at 7200 DPS Hex Lord. I had to know.... So in PvP Frost, on my DK, *naked* other than the 359 PvP Axe... I can do about 7k on the target dummies. And those target dummies can't get away thanks to desecration.)

Oh, now that the instance is complete you admit the TRUTH.... You were "trolling" us the whole time. You aren't actually really, really bad, you were just PRETENDING to be. Mmm hmm.

So yeah, overall, your normal asshat in an instance. The thing that terrifies me though: I'm certain that the kid honestly thought that he wasn't the problem. I probably wouldn't have even noticed if he hadn't been flipping shit in party chat the entire instance. Nothing was ever his fault (or the ungemmed, unenchanted boomkin doing 2/3rds the overall damage of the tank; "boomkins are bad right now." He's hopping around and occasionally moonfiring)

So here's a brilliant idea that will speed up DPS queues; Let me kick more than one person per run.

Wait, how on earth did this guy even get into ZA anyway?

Ishtaar on
    FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2011
    You grouped with Scrubbymgee and you're shocked he was a scrub? I mean, Ish, he was advertising his fail. He warned you prior to your combat engagement that he was a scrub. You have no one to blame but yourself.

JustinSane07 on
  • Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Ishtaar wrote:
    So here's a brilliant idea that will speed up DPS queues; Let me kick more than one person per run.

Panda4You on
    edited June 2011
    Panda4You wrote: »
    Ishtaar wrote:

Quoted for fact.

Kicks need to be a swift and brutal fact of life for bads, until they quit random queueing.

Kainy on
    edited June 2011
    Well see, I knew Scrubby was a scrub from the get go, but his buddy was just idk, drunk, high, afk.... Possibly someone just poured catnip on their keyboard and let their cat go to town while they went afk, idk. There's just nothing you can do in that situation.... Kick the mouthy goose or kick the terrigoose, it's lose-lose. There was the hope that he'd follow his buddy, but no luck.

It just sucks. As soon as you boot someone, everyone else has permission to be pantsonhead retarded the rest of the run.

Ishtaar on
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    If they queued together then kicking one kicks the other now I thought.

Opty on
    edited June 2011
    Opty wrote: »

Only if it's a tank I think? Possibly tank & healer.

It was a countermeasure to prevent the pricks that would "sell" tanking queues when they were about to log for the day.

Ishtaar on
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    To my understanding, it only works if the one drops.

Nobody on
  • tarnoktarnok Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Opty wrote: »

I can confirm that this is not true as I was grouped with my wife once and she got vote kicked. I had to drop group myself.

tarnok on
    Wii Code:
    0431-6094-6446-7088
    edited June 2011
    So, after taking advantage of Call to Tanks malfunctioning, and queueing a couple of times for the sack as a healer, I have come to a conclusion:

Healing randoms through heroics is terrifying.

Kainy on
  • DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Dibby wrote: »

Sweet.

You... what? You won a shark? From Youtube?!

No, but seriously. What is that exactly? >_>

It's a headset, I guess.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
    edited June 2011
    Kainy wrote: »
    So, after taking advantage of Call to Tanks malfunctioning, and queueing a couple of times for the sack as a healer, I have come to a conclusion:

Healing randoms through heroics is terrifying.

the same thing with tanking; hence call to tanks

edit: but now you have to tell us stories

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
    edited June 2011
    ahahah

if you haven't yet, fly over the ziggurat in zul'farrak sometime

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
    edited June 2011
    ugh

as an example of how terrible randoms can be, I just had to chew out dps for starting the Ahune event while I was still putting tanking gear on

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    ugh

as an example of how terrible randoms can be, I just had to chew out dps for starting the Ahune event while I was still putting tanking gear on
    In their defense, if you queued as a tank they probably assumed you were already geared as such. I know I would have. Not an excuse for starting a fight before all are ready, but still.

Halfmex on
    edited June 2011
    Halfmex wrote: »
    ugh

In their defense, if you queued as a tank they probably assumed you were already geared as such. I know I would have. Not an excuse for starting a fight before all are ready, but still.

what

no

come on, it's really not uncommon for people to swap their gear to the right stuff out of what they use for soloing when they get into an instance

and it certainly doesn't entitle someone to just rush ahead and basically start pulling a boss

impatient dps are shitfaces who need to learn how to wait and not act like they're four

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    ugh

what

no

come on, it's really not uncommon for people to swap their gear to the right stuff out of what they use for soloing when they get into an instance

and it certainly doesn't entitle someone to just rush ahead and basically start pulling a boss

impatient dps are shitfaces who need to learn how to wait and not act like they're four
    Yes. As I said, it doesn't excuse them from not waiting until everyone is ready, but if you're already queuing as a tank, you have an insta-queue anyway. There's no reason not to just have your gear swapped and be ready ahead of time. It's no different than everyone zoning in and saying "afk bathroom" or whatever. Be ready if you queue, that's all.

Halfmex on
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    ugh

That is the silliest assumption.

Lots of tanks solo in an offspec.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
    edited June 2011
    Elldren wrote: »
    ugh

That has absolutely nothing to do with the point. You have an insta-queue as a tank - taking two seconds to click your tank set button in the equipment manager before you hit 'i' isn't asking too much. Of all the randoms I did, and I did I shitload, I can count on one hand how many times I had to wait for a tank to gear up after we zoned in.

Stop it.

Halfmex on
  • DiscoZombieDiscoZombie Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I'm surprised not one person agreed with me about guild banks last page. I would just rather manage my own finances than trust strangers to do it for me. I'm also not going to donate things I earned to the bank for people who did not earn them to mooch. I do not want to be someone else's gold farmer. I have played this game since beta and have never seen anything good come from the bank of any guild I've been in, but apparently I am not preaching to the choir so I will drop it.

DiscoZombie on
    edited June 2011
    It's not instant. And no, I'm not going to take steps to disrupt whatever I'm doing just to make it easier on you or whoever to be a silly goose.

Stop being so impatient and be more considerate to other players.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
    edited June 2011
    ugh

That has absolutely nothing to do with the point. You have an insta-queue as a tank - taking two seconds to click your tank set button in the equipment manager before you hit 'i' isn't asking too much. Of all the randoms I did, and I did I shitload, I can count on one hand how many times I had to wait for a tank to gear up after we zoned in.

Stop it.

No

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
    edited June 2011
    I'm surprised not one person agreed with me about guild banks last page. I would just rather manage my own finances than trust strangers to do it for me. I'm also not going to donate things I earned to the bank for people who did not earn them to mooch. I do not want to be someone else's gold farmer. I have played this game since beta and have never seen anything good come from the bank of any guild I've been in, but apparently I am not preaching to the choir so I will drop it.

The people in my guild aren't strangers

They are my friends and family

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited June 2011

Objectivist Ayn Rand forums are thattaway. :arrow:

Echo on
    edited June 2011
    be more considerate to other players.
    Take your own advice.

Halfmex on
    edited June 2011
    Take your own advice.

it takes like 5 seconds to switch gear/specs

during which time people should be buffing/dropping cookies/tables anyway

That isn't inconsiderate

Pulling the instant you get into an instance before anyone is ready is

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
    edited June 2011
    Take your own advice.

Considerate is when I don't kick a dps for being an idiot and wiping the group due to impatience while they try and chew me out for their incompetence. Considerate is covering for the multitudes of little errors dps make to top the meters which put us in danger every run. Considerate is dragging 1-3 mouthbreathers through an instance.

It's not too much to ask you stop for 10 seconds in exchange for that.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
    edited June 2011
    Take your own advice.
    it takes like 5 seconds to switch gear/specs
    Exactly my point, thank you.
    during which time people should be buffing/dropping cookies/tables anyway
    For an Ahune run? You won't be dropping cookies/tables for that.
    That isn't inconsiderate
    Yes it actually is. Especially depending on the kind of tank, if you're a paladin, we now have to wait for you to recover your mana as well post-switch. That's time that doesn't need to be taken. Like I said, it's no different from having someone go afk to go to the bathroom right after zoning in.
    Pulling the instant you get into an instance before anyone is ready is
    A point I have already agreed with in my original post.

Halfmex on
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    how long does it take to refill mana? like one drink?

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
This discussion has been closed.