As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

One Fish, Two Fish, Dead Fish, New Fish [CHAT]!

• m3nacem3nace Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Oh hey, I've seen one of those before.

m3nace on
  • DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Wow.

So I just won a youtube prize giveaway.

Apparently I'm getting a pair of these.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Hm, crazy I heard from a lot of people that they were really underwhelmed with the new xmen. Guess I may have to check it out after all.

Prospicience on
  • MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I really loved it!

MagicToaster on
  • Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2011
    I'm trying not to be crazy depressed today, but it's hard. On the plus side, 100 stomach crunches every morning has started to show merit!

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
  • NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Hm, crazy I heard from a lot of people that they were really underwhelmed with the new xmen. Guess I may have to check it out after all.

From what i hear, its character heavy with a dash of action towards the end.

People wanting the next bay flick might have been let down.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I found an ipod shuffle on the way home that just happens to be the same clip-on model to the one I have but have never used.

Lets find out what this mystery person was listening to. Gotta find my dock first.

EDIT: Found my dock. Number 1 most listened to song: 'My Imortal' by Evanescence.

Mystery of the teenage girl's ipod solved.

EDITx2: I guess I could hand this in to the police? I'm not even sure it's worth the time, these things are pretty cheap now.

Flay on
  • ninjaininjai Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Grifter wrote: »
    The NOFX show was amazing last night!

I <3 NOFX their last few albums have been spot on.

edit:

So here's the deal. I enrolled a few years ago in some classes. I withdrew from those classes before the cutoff date because of military obligations. And turns out 2 of the 4 didn't get dropped...

Well now I have a gpa of 0.0 because I failed them for not attending.

riiiiiiiiiiiggggghhhhhhhhht.

So now I have to either go wreck someone's day repeatedly until they remove it, or pay out of pocket for THEIR FUCKING MISTAKE.... nice.

Oh, and I have to coordinate all this while still over here. This is going to end well.

ninjai on
  • ChromatomicChromatomic Mr. DCRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I did that once, the class never got withdrawn and I still made a B. That was pretty awesome.

Chromatomic on
  • GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    edited June 2011
    It's way too early. Flying home today. Found this fun image though.
    Untitled-1259.png

Grifter on
  • Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2011
    That's fantastic!

edited June 2011
    Flay wrote: »
    I found an ipod shuffle on the way home that just happens to be the same clip-on model to the one I have but have never used.

Lets find out what this mystery person was listening to. Gotta find my dock first.

EDIT: Found my dock. Number 1 most listened to song: 'My Imortal' by Evanescence.

Mystery of the teenage girl's ipod solved.

EDITx2: I guess I could hand this in to the police? I'm not even sure it's worth the time, these things are pretty cheap now.

Hand it in just in case.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
    edited June 2011
    Keep at it, Eliot!

Also, my backyard is literally 90% weeds. I bought a bag of mystery pellets that is supposed to kill over 200 kinds of weeds while at the same time promoting healthy grass. I hope it works, I want to walk barefoot on my backyard.... though... my wife will absolutely loose her head if I do that then come in the house.

MagicToaster on
  • SiegfriedSiegfried Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    The NOFX show was amazing last night! If you haven't heard of Old Man Markley you should check them out. Those guys are awesome. NOFX put on a great show as always. For a change of pace they finished up the show by miming this on stage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHKIMOgoJoU

I loved Avenue Q, I waited 8 years to see it. Also I can only imagine NOFX made it the best thing ever.

Didn't Teenage Bottlerocket play with them too? I thought I saw they were on tour.

Siegfried on
    Portfolio // Twitter // Behance // Tumblr
    Kochikens wrote:
    My fav is when I can get my kiss on with other dudes.
  • NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    It's way too early. Flying home today. Found this fun image though.
    lawl browsers

amazing

NightDragon on
  • DeeLockDeeLock Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Does anyone here play TF2?

If not you should, because it's FREE!

And we can be friends.

DeeLock on
  • KronusKronus Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    DeeLock wrote: »

If not you should, because it's THE BEST OF ALL THINGS EVER!

And we can be friends.
    Let's be friends!

Kronus on
    edited June 2011
    Weee! Been playing since release and I've got a surprisingly small amount of hats in spite of that...
    I played it way more before the hats came along though. But I've got my gold badge to show for it!

m3nace on
  • KronusKronus Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I used to play on my brother's account, but I eventually decided to buy it myself a year plus 1 day after release. So I'm stuck with a bronze medal :(

Kronus on
    edited June 2011
    I still play on my brothers account... He never uses it though so it's practically mine =D

m3nace on
  • DeeLockDeeLock Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    You should add me!

My steam id is: Deelock27

DeeLock on
    edited June 2011
    I added you dee, I also am looking for new people to play with. My steam ID is..... Prospicience

Prospicience on
    edited June 2011
    Steams not letting me find anyone, but maybe you guys can add me? http://steamcommunity.com/id/nappuccino

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/

• Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited June 2011
    UGGGGHHH...

Usually I am good about not buying food items that are awful for me...but after being thrown off my game by getting to Trader Joe's after it was closed and having to resort to the regular supermarket, I somehow wound up with a bunch of horrible shit in my basket. And what's worse is that I was so caught up in what I was doing I just kept eating all this snack stuff instead of pausing and having an actual meal of the sort an actual dignified human being would eat. I'm not sure there's a single thing I've eaten in the last 24 hours that isn't completely shameful:

-3 chili dogs
    -A full raspberry danish coffee cake thing
    -2 bags of cinnamon apple chips
    -A bag of Chex Mix
    -A bag of dried mango

I think I'm going to be ill, what the hell is wrong with me.

Also I think I just passed the 25 hour mark on staying awake.

<Personal responsibility failure

Angel_of_Bacon on
    edited June 2011
    Added your ass too. Adding all sorts of asses.

e: goddamn I love me some dried mango, I've done that many a times AoB. Maybe not the other stuff all included, but often I'll end up buying only snack food and eat it whilst crying in the shower and feeling like I've lost all will to live.

Prospicience on
    edited June 2011
    Thanks MT! I hope you don't turn your entire lawn brown by accident!
    DeeLock wrote: »

If not you should, because it's FREE!

And we can be friends.

Yes, let's! I tried playing last night but I don't know any good servers anymore.

Ahab, what you describe is generally what I do when I get mopey-face. I will eat until I look (and feel) pregnant. Which is bad enough unto-itself, but I'm actually trying to take care of my body right now so instead of making progress with all this jogging and what not, I feel like I'm just grinding everything to a stand still and breaking even.

At least I'm gorging myself on somewhat "healthy" items, but not entirely. Dried mango is my jam!

• NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I'm trying to be healthy, and more permanently! Gymming routine is picking back up to being a normal routine, and I'm generally being decent in the foodstuffs department.

I'm failing in eating enough veggies, though...and I'm also drinking beer...but it's so hard to say "no" to that, when drinking beer means I get to hang out and socialize with people for an entire evening! :C

NightDragon on
    edited June 2011
    You know, my house is the size of a college dorm, and I cant put too many things in it, but I love this place. Its mine. Well, not really, its the land ladys, but its mine!

MagicToaster on
  • MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I've also decided not to give up drinking beer, it's delicious and makes my problems seem less serious.
    Though I'm keeping it to two a night max.

Mustang on
    edited June 2011
    Added your ass too. Adding all sorts of asses.

e: goddamn I love me some dried mango, I've done that many a times AoB. Maybe not the other stuff all included, but often I'll end up buying only snack food and eat it whilst crying in the shower and feeling like I've lost all will to live.

Hmm... it still hasn't come through on my end. I'm going to assume its because Valves servers are getting hit kinda hard. Lets try again later in the week :)

edit: scratch that Deelock's just came through.

Nappuccino on

• Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited June 2011
    Does anyone follow what's up with video card hardware nowadays? My Nvidia GT220 seems to have developed an (apparently quite common) overheating problem where the video just cuts out entirely, screen goes black, and the only way to get the computer back up is to hit the power switch and reboot. (And it's not like I'm trying to run Crysis on supermax ultra settings or anything, it does this on Half-Life: Source.)

Anyone have suggestions for a replacement? As much as I'd like to be self-sufficient and do my own research and really pick a winner, the fact is I have no idea what half of the shit on the spec lists for these cards mean and I can't imagine that getting up to speed on all of it would prove to be a fun way to spend my time.

I don't really need the latest and greatest- I just need something that will play games at a mid level of performance and not melt into a pile of red hot slag in a year's time. Is that a stat they put in the spec lists? ETA to meltdown? If they put that in there, I could actually make a decision about this shit.

Angel_of_Bacon on
    edited June 2011
    I've got an ATI HD 5770. It's good enough for me, for now.

I think the equivalent card would be like a Gtx 460? Ish?

Make sure your case has proper airflow and that all your fans are functioning. Maybe add another fan, too, if you have a slot open and a jack left on your motherboard.

If you've had the same case fans for a year or two and you originally got them on the cheap, theres a nonzero likelihood that the bearings might be bad or that they just plain aren't moving as much air as they used to. So look into that, too.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    The tech subforum has a great computer build thread and you'll get good advice there.

Tomshardware also does a monthly writeup on the best graphics card for your money, which is http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-graphics-card-game-performance-radeon-hd-6670,2935-3.html.

I have a HD 5770 in the machine I built last year and It's doing fine. Pretty damn cheap by now as well, at a bit over $100. Obviously, as with all computer things, how much you want to future proof yourself makes the price go up. One particular card may edge out another for certain pricepoints as well if you can manage to snag a killer rebate deal or something.

Scosglen on
    edited June 2011
    Well that was super happy fun times.

Prospicience on
    edited June 2011
    Well that was super happy fun times.

Glad we got to shoot some men together, even if i can't get you on my friendslist just yet :D

Nappuccino on

edited June 2011
    Don't lie, you don't want me on your friend's list Napp.

Prospicience on
    edited June 2011
    Don't lie, you don't want me on your friend's list Napp.

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Prosp will hear you.

oh

Nappuccino on

edited June 2011
    *starts to oversnack*

Prospicience on
    edited June 2011
    make sure its something high in fiber!

Nappuccino on

• FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Iron Man 2 is on Netflix so I finally got around to seeing it.

The scene where they're showing footage of the failed Iron Man suit attempts was very reminiscent of the scene from Robocop 2

Fugitive on
This discussion has been closed.