As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Killing me won't bring her back. TOINK (Plus! Bitcoins!)

• FandeathisFandeathis Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Yeah, that silk road thing sounded way too good to be true.

Fandeathis on
    You fuck wit' Die Antwoord, you fuck wit' da army.
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    the maverick is excellent

you gotta mod it to let the rolly-bit with all the darts in it flip out all the way though

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    We had campus wide 24/7 assasin style nerf games once a semester at my university. Usually about fifty to sixty would sign up. I won one semester, it was basically the coolest thing ever.

Langly on
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Langly

That is straight up awesome.

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
    edited June 2011
    Never underestimate a libertarian's love for hard drugs.

Fandeathis on
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Koshian wrote: »
    Langly wrote: »
    Fandyien wrote: »
    Koshian wrote: »
    MechMantis wrote: »
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Wait, so is Bitcoins essentially MMORPG gold?

No. It's a new alternative currency that can't be traced and cannot be broken down into smaller increments. There is no equivalent to the cent in Bitcoins.

And I think one Bitcoin is like 30 bucks right now.

Also Bitcoins are made by crunching some algorithm or something. It just sounds idiotic.

lol no

http://slices-of-life.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/bitcoin/bitcoin-market-value.jpg
    Fandyien wrote: »
    can i use bitcoins to buy heroin

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2011/06/silkroad/

holy shit you can

too bad regular money works for that too

There was a report about this on npr. They went to a cop who had access to the site and tracked sellers and buyers. Basically they just said lol this is so easy to track, nerds are fucking retarded. Now we know everything about them and they digitally signed that they were purchasing and selling drugs

Lol

Lol

also who knew the hedonist heroin user market would crossover with the internet libertarian one

i mean, at a few points, but you'd think that wouldn't go past weed

Really? You don't think Libertarians are ones to delve into harder drugs?

Zonugal on
  • JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    There was a game of Nerf Zombies going on on my campus but before I got a chance to join the campus decided nerf guns weren't allowed. So then they fought with socks and I lost any possible motivation to join.

JayKaos on
    Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
    edited June 2011
    Hey, you could probably mine some mad bitcoins on meth is all I'm sayin'.

Fandeathis on
    edited June 2011
    "... Mind my own business ... Invisible hand of the market ... Freedom ... Conquest ..."

Totally the ramblings of a hardcore drug user.

Zonugal on
    edited June 2011
    PS the nitefinder is the most reliable in terms of distance and accuracy. Carry two with two secret shots in your coat pocket, and two backup nitefinders in shoulder holsters for real pro action. When you just need one hit to kill someone, you want distance, reliability, and accuracy. Noo ther gun will do, and the mod for it is super easy.

Langly on
    edited June 2011
    I find the idea of bitcoins to be the kind of moronic awfulness you can find only on the internet

but I am tickled by the idea of "mining" for a currency

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    JayKaos wrote: »
    There was a game of Nerf Zombies going on on my campus but before I got a chance to join the campus decided nerf guns weren't allowed. So then they fought with socks and I lost any possible motivation to join.

Damn. When my school banned airsoft guns they at least had the excuses of people mistaking them for real firearms and BB damage to dorm rooms. Banning nerf guns is pretty anal.

Gaslight on
    edited June 2011
    PS the nitefinder is the most reliable in terms of distance and accuracy. Carry two with two secret shots in your coat pocket, and two backup nitefinders in shoulder holsters for real pro action. When you just need one hit to kill someone, you want distance, reliability, and accuracy. Noo ther gun will do, and the mod for it is super easy.

butt it doesn't look cool at all

it is a chump toy gun

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    the rolly-bit with all the darts in it

the chamber

#pipe on
  • RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    there's a small movement to do the whole zombie/people/assassins/thingamajig on my old campus, but there's usually not that many people involved

they really should look into incorporating nerf guns

Raneados on
  • ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011

This man knows what he is talking about.

Nite finders are best.

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    i have a nerf stampeede. i recommend it.

Melding on
  • RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    you're all inspiring me to find my maverick

it is under literally hundreds of pounds of bs stuff I keep in my small closet for no reason

argh whyyy

Raneados on
    edited June 2011
    Gaslight wrote: »

Damn. When my school banned airsoft guns they at least had the excuses of people mistaking them for real firearms and BB damage to dorm rooms. Banning nerf guns is pretty anal.

Issues with damaging innocents in the eyes come up, that's the reason I always had to tell residents.

Zonugal on
  • JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Gaslight wrote: »

Well specifically it was a matter of running around on campus with them. They didn't give a shit about anything in the dorms, but I can see people mistaking them for real guns, because people are often fucking stupid. Probably security got called out once or twice for the nerfs and they decided it wasn't worth the hassle.

JayKaos on
    Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Artreus wrote: »
    Nah, the maverick is cheap and popular but it is really prone to jamming.

You would be better off getting a nitefinder or a recon.

If your maverick jams more often than your recon you're doing something really wrong.

#pipe on
    edited June 2011
    my buddy in college got taken in by the campus police because he let another friend of his borrow his battery powered plastic airsoft and the other guy went around shooting random people

the guy gave it back and booked it

30 seconds later the cops come around the corner and tackled my friend, and they took him in to their department

where he then made friends with them, taught them how to use the airsoft gun, and spent an hour watching them shoot each other

we later found out that someone had called the cops from a window
    "there's a black guy on campus shooting people"
    and hung up

Raneados on
    edited June 2011

it is a chump toy gun

Do you want to play to win or do you want to die looking cool?!?!

Also, my team (you could always make teams with people you trusted, but it was winner take all, eventually you would have to break up and kill each other. ) always incorporated my own nerf dart invention. There is a yellow dart with blue tip sold from an off brand nerf gun. It is pretty hard to find as it is only regionally sold. This specific dart will fit into home depot copper pipe, which you can buy in 2 foot sections. This produces a nerf blowgun with power and accuracy roughly triple that of the most powerful non gas powered modded nerf gun. We slid them up the sleeves of our coats.

We did not fuck around.

Langly on
    edited June 2011
    my maverick jams more then any of my other nerf blasters. i think the part that spins the cylinder is worn down.

Melding on
    edited June 2011
    how exactly does the maverick jam

like, I'm looking at it, and I'm not really seeing a place where it could feasibly happen

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
    edited June 2011

it is a chump toy gun

Do you want to play to win or do you want to die looking cool?!?!

Also, my team (you could always make teams with people you trusted, but it was winner take all, eventually you would have to break up and kill each other. ) always incorporated my own nerf dart invention. There is a yellow dart with blue tip sold from an off brand nerf gun. It is pretty hard to find as it is only regionally sold. This specific dart will fit into home depot copper pipe, which you can buy in 2 foot sections. This produces a nerf blowgun with power and accuracy roughly triple that of the most powerful non gas powered modded nerf gun. We slid them up the sleeves of our coats.

We did not fuck around.

hah

that sounds like the old "last resort knife tucked into the boot"

Raneados on
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

like, I'm looking at it, and I'm not really seeing a place where it could feasibly happen

you stuck your dick in it yet?

PiptheFair on
    edited June 2011

dart doesn't clear the little end bit, the rest of the trigger pull sets up the next dart into place and the dart gets caught between the cylinder and the end of the gun.

Melding on
  • ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011

Darts slide forward in the barrel and keep it from rotating.

Happens a lot.

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
    edited June 2011
    It really was, because they were troublesome to reload, so you didn't want to waste your shot. Also the darts were precious. I killed quite a few people though by nailing them from a distance they thought they were safe from.

Langly on
  • FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Relevant:

http://www.zombielarp.co.uk/
    http://zombielarp.co.nz/

2.8 Hours later: L4D IRL

Nerf Sidearms
    MOAR POWR

I also find the weapons pages on the UK site amusing, mostly for their disparaging review of the Buzy Bee knock offs. Although I do want to know what that 8-shot pump action is.

Fishman on
    X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • FactorySquirrelFactorySquirrel Marceline's Henchman Land of OooRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I got my finger stuck in the barrel of the Recon once.

FactorySquirrel on
    "That man is playing Galaga! He thought we wouldn't notice. But we did."
  • AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I played a game of assassin with some friends a while back

One of my (dude) friends once tried to corner me in a bedroom and kiss me with poison lipstick but thankfully I had a cheeseknife so when I heard someone behind me I wheeled around and stabbed him in the gut at he was making smoochy faces at me

Abracadaniel on
    edited June 2011
    you have the best stories dan.

Melding on
    edited June 2011

Darts slide forward in the barrel and keep it from rotating.

Happens a lot.

only if you've got a twitchy trigger finger. If you hold the trigger down, the chamber aligns with the barrel indefinitely, it's only on the release that it rotates.

#pipe on
  • VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

This man knows what he is talking about.

Nite finders are best.

you two need to get your hands on an EX-6 Element

basically it's a nite finder but instead of that shitty little red LED there's storage for two more darts

so much better

VALVEjunkie on
  • TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Smart Hero wrote: »

One of my (dude) friends once tried to corner me in a bedroom and kiss me with poison lipstick but thankfully I had a cheeseknife so when I heard someone behind me I wheeled around and stabbed him in the gut at he was making smoochy faces at me

I wonder how he felt about the weapon he was given.

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    My Raider jams exponentially more than my Maverick. Actually I'm not sure my Maverick has ever jammed. Seems like a pretty reliable, fool-proof system, much like a real revolver. But I can see maybe after long-term use.

Gaslight on
  • chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    Smart Hero wrote: »

I wonder how he felt about the weapon he was given.

Pretty?

chiasaur11 on
    edited June 2011
    like a real revolver the timing can be fucked up.

Melding on