As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Killing me won't bring her back. TOINK (Plus! Bitcoins!)

• FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I have a particular dart that jams in my Maverick. All the other darts are fine, though, so I don't really consider it a fault in the weapon so much as a defective round.

Fishman on
    X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Artreus wrote: »
    Langly wrote: »
    PS the nitefinder is the most reliable in terms of distance and accuracy. Carry two with two secret shots in your coat pocket, and two backup nitefinders in shoulder holsters for real pro action. When you just need one hit to kill someone, you want distance, reliability, and accuracy. Noo ther gun will do, and the mod for it is super easy.

This man knows what he is talking about.

Nite finders are best.

you two need to get your hands on an EX-6 Element

basically it's a nite finder but instead of that shitty little red LED there's storage for two more darts

so much better

Well my roommate had replaced the light with a smaller nerf gun, so it all worked out pretty well.

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    The Vulcan looks totally sweet.

Is it totally sweet?

Tallahasseeriel on
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    the stampede is sweeter

(I don't own a vulcan)

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    the only problem with the vulcan is it takes forever to load. also if the chain is hanging it is far too much strain on the motor.

I own both and therefore am better then dichotomy

Melding on
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    That is the assault rifle one right?

Yeah it totally looks cool too.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I....what? Why would you even say that?

Fencingsax on
  • JyardanaJyardana Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I have 4 nephews and every christmas i give them all a new supply of freshly modded nerf guns. Last year I got them the ammo box stuffed with some generic chalk ammo that left chalf marks when you got hit. It gave the darts some extra weight, so they actually carried fairly well with the stronger springs and bigger air chambers.

My sister is usually displeased with me

Jyardana on
    edited June 2011
    Vegetta would say that

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    In mildly related news the current lineup of super soakers is retarded and i miss my old cps3000

Mortal Sky on
  • UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Koshian wrote: »

if only they had modern technology, the past would be so much different

Ubik on
    l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I used to go to this summer place that did afterschool and tutoring activities, but also extended into the summer. During that that, there were watergun wars in the park every Friday. They always busted out super soakers which I did not have.

To retaliate, I secretly added food coloring to the water balloons.

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    Vegetta would say that

ahahaha I was hoping someone else noticed this

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Mortal Sky wrote: »
    In mildly related news the current lineup of super soakers is retarded and i miss my old cps3000

I had one of these:

super-soaker-jj-001.jpg

It was awesome!

What I really wanted was one of these:

iS_supersoaker_ss200_02.jpg

Donovan Puppyfucker on
    edited June 2011
    the presence of the bitcoin would have dramatically altered the outcome of the battle of hastings

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

Yeah, Super soakers seem to be going downhill. Remembering one from when I was a kid that hooked directly to a hose.

It's interesting compared to Nerf, where you look up the old ones, and the best barely meet today's standards.

chiasaur11 on
  • Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Koshian wrote: »
    BITCOINS Y'ALL

Lwwxy.png

It's true!

Other terrible things Bitcoins could have prevented:
    • 9/11
    • Hurricane Katrina
    • That poster's birth

Mr Fuzzbutt on
    broken image link
    edited June 2011
    if the romans had bitcoin, the western empire would never have fallen

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    why isn't this thread about nerfguns

the fuck is wrong with you people

Pony on
  • DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    don't understand the appeal of this shit

DodgeBlan on
    Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    If the Soviets had bitcoins, then-

wait

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    DodgeBlan wrote: »

bye then!

#pipe on
  • FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    A few years back I was wandering the local budget WalMart-wannabe when I came across their 'damaged stock' bargain bin of toys.

You have to understand, this store is pretty much shoplift central, and I don't think I've ever seen a Nerf gun box there that hadn't had it's darts stolen right out of the packaging. LEGO, too. In fact, around half of all the toys I see in there are missing something; Torn boxes, stolen parts, missing darts, space ships with no pilots, RC controllers with no cars, that sort of thing.

Never stops the store from trying to still flog these off at full price, though.

Anyway, they had this bin at one end full of all the stock too deteriorated to actually sell anymore. Loose packets of LEGO bricks, with no sign of what kit they came from. One of those plastic hats and sheriff badges you get in those cowboy themed sets including a cap gun, but from which the gun was gone. And three Mavericks, brand new, no darts, no boxes, no packaging whatsoever. One of them had a broken slide cock, but the other two were in full working condition. And each of them could be purchased for the price of the loose change in my pocket.

I don't know why I didn't buy them, except I have a classic Blue Mav and these ones were yellow, which I don't like as much, and I wasn't really in the mood to mod them in the immediate future. I'm pretty sure I've regretted that decision on a regular basis ever since.

Fishman on
    X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    #pipe wrote: »

bye then!

ok bye?

DodgeBlan on
    Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    chiasaur11 wrote: »

Yeah, Super soakers seem to be going downhill. Remembering one from when I was a kid that hooked directly to a hose.

It's interesting compared to Nerf, where you look up the old ones, and the best barely meet today's standards.

I saw some nerf squirt guns last week.

One looks like a boltgun.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • mrmrmrmr nameless protagonist Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I used to have these two old-ass nerf cannons (because they were not exactly guns). One was the ballzooka, and another was similar but shot large foam rockets. The two that I still have are the maverick and one pistol that has a single dart that you pumped to fire, and then the "scope" could flip down and shoot another hidden dart.

Used to have more super soakers. Back when I was in elementary school over the summer was this day care-ish program where at the end of the whole summer we would have a big water gun war. Looked forward to it every year. One year I had prepared for fucking WAR. Kids brought their own soakers or squirt guns and they could fight all over the playground and jungle gyms but they had to retreat to the safe zone on the blacktop to refill their guns in a big tub of water. To avoid that I had about four water bottles stashed in pockets on my person. I could just find a hiding place, refill, and be back in the game no problem. On top of my main soaker rifle I had two water pistols stuffed in whatever pockets I had free.

Naturally, this proved too cumbersome for my 4th grade self and did not work out as planned.

mrmr on
    Practice Round, my blog where I talk (mostly) about comics.
    p4.png
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    the presence of the bitcoin would have dramatically altered the outcome of the battle of hastings

endor would have had a very different outcome

Brolo on
  • chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Fishman wrote: »
    A few years back I was wandering the local budget WalMart-wannabe when I came across their 'damaged stock' bargain bin of toys.

You have to understand, this store is pretty much shoplift central, and I don't think I've ever seen a Nerf gun box there that hadn't had it's darts stolen right out of the packaging. LEGO, too. In fact, around half of all the toys I see in there are missing something; Torn boxes, stolen parts, missing darts, space ships with no pilots, RC controllers with no cars, that sort of thing.

Never stops the store from trying to still flog these off at full price, though.

Anyway, they had this bin at one end full of all the stock too deteriorated to actually sell anymore. Loose packets of LEGO bricks, with no sign of what kit they came from. One of those plastic hats and sheriff badges you get in those cowboy themed sets including a cap gun, but from which the gun was gone. And three Mavericks, brand new, no darts, no boxes, no packaging whatsoever. One of them had a broken slide cock, but the other two were in full working condition. And each of them could be purchased for the price of the loose change in my pocket.

I don't know why I didn't buy them, except I have a classic Blue Mav and these ones were yellow, which I don't like as much, and I wasn't really in the mood to mod them in the immediate future. I'm pretty sure I've regretted that decision on a regular basis ever since.

Well, if it makes you feel any better, apparently yellow mavericks have less range than blue even modded.

Also, the blue ones are lucky.

chiasaur11 on
    edited June 2011
    those bitcoins sure are laughable

I've already converted my life savings to space money

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011

bye then!

He might be talking about the bitcoins.

If not, I don't really see the point in posting in a thread about a thing about how not interested you are in that thing.

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Rolo wrote: »

endor would have had a very different outcome

Dukakis would have won in '88

Usagi on
  • UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    rock us, dukakis

Ubik on
    l8e1peic77w3.jpg

edited June 2011
    those bitcoins sure are laughable

I've already converted my life savings to space money

Ha.

When the nuclear war comes, you'll be sitting on your useless space money wondering where it all went wrong.

Meanwhile, us smart investors will run our post apocalyptic biker gangs, technological fanatics, or survivalist lunatics using our vast bottlecap fortunes.

chiasaur11 on
  • FactorySquirrelFactorySquirrel Marceline's Henchman Land of OooRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    What do you guys think of the edged weapons? I like them. The little hatchet is good for throwing.

FactorySquirrel on
    "That man is playing Galaga! He thought we wouldn't notice. But we did."
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011

bye then!

If not, I don't really see the point in posting in a thread about a thing about how not interested you are in that thing.

you could also argue that it's against the rules!

#pipe on
  • undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    i wish our cash looked cooler

metal and faux paper are so 20th century

we need more goofy things

the future is supposed to be goofy

undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
  • FactorySquirrelFactorySquirrel Marceline's Henchman Land of OooRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I propose live money.

FactorySquirrel on
    "That man is playing Galaga! He thought we wouldn't notice. But we did."
    edited June 2011
    i wish our cash looked cooler

metal and faux paper are so 20th century

we need more goofy things

the future is supposed to be goofy

Well, Canada is switching to plastic money, I hear.

It's a start.

chiasaur11 on
  • Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

bye then!

Maybe he likes to mark threads he doesn't like with blue dots so he knows which ones not to post in.

Mr Fuzzbutt on
    broken image link
    edited June 2011
    money of the future is pokemon foil cards

Ubik on
    l8e1peic77w3.jpg