As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Free MMO Überlist

• Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    heenato wrote: »
    It seems that Nexon's site update completely broke Dungeon fighter for me. It will not let me play at all.

Edit: and it ALSO broke the on site launcher for Vindictus. Great job, Nexon. Great job.

Apparently Internet explorer is what you want to use unless thats not the problem you have

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    It seems that Nexon's site update completely broke Dungeon fighter for me. It will not let me play at all.

Edit: and it ALSO broke the on site launcher for Vindictus. Great job, Nexon. Great job.

Apparently Internet explorer is what you want to use unless thats not the problem you have
    Didn't work on I.E. for either game.

heenato on
    M A G I K A Z A M
  • ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

Didn't work on I.E. for either game.

Just launch the games directly, that's what I've been doing for a long while now

just create a shortcut that points to vindictus.exe/dfo.exe

Zandracon on
    edited June 2011
    I can do that for Vindictus, but for DFO, it brings up the hackshield window/logo thing, and then nothing. The program won't load. At all. Like, there's nothing running in the task manager.

Edit: And now launching from the page for DFO works fine, even though I literally did nothing different. Jesus Nexon.

heenato on
    M A G I K A Z A M
  • JellySalmonJellySalmon Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    DFO is broken for me too. It's too bad, since I was all excited for rebirth. I've tried everything. DFO control panel, IE, compatability mode.

And then launching from the page randomly works fine.

Jesus Nexon indeed.

I'm coming out of a long retirement for rebith. Nen Master, Ranger and battle mage in the 41-50 range, if anyone is up for some dungeon fighting. Gotta shake the rust off.

JellySalmon on
    What do you say we take a relaxed attitude towards work and watch the baseball game? The nye Mets are my favorite squadron.
    edited June 2011
    DFO is broken for me too. It's too bad, since I was all excited for rebirth. I've tried everything. DFO control panel, IE, compatability mode.

And then launching from the page randomly works fine.

Jesus Nexon indeed.

I'm coming out of a long retirement for rebith. Nen Master, Ranger and battle mage in the 41-50 range, if anyone is up for some dungeon fighting. Gotta shake the rust off.
    I'd be up for it sometime tommorow. I've got a striker in that same range.

heenato on
    M A G I K A Z A M
  • EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Aldo wrote: »
    This is complete hogwash. I used to work for gpotato, as a GM on FlyFF. Forum accounts have never been tied to your in game accounts, they are separate entities.
    It isn't: most people use the same PW for everything they join.

*e: unless gPotato cross checked forum/in-game PWs and forced you to have separate ones. In which case: lol@Publius.

Yes but he was implying that the accounts were the same as in game accounts. Which they aren't, that is how I read it anyhow.

Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • JellySalmonJellySalmon Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I'd be up for it sometime tommorow. I've got a striker in that same range.

Sweet. I think I'm going to focus on Nen Master requires waaay less upkeep than my ranger and battle mage. Damn repair costs.

I noticed that the grading system has changed. Also auctions! Is there any point to using these user-disassemblers? It says lvl 7 on it? Does that give me more cubes?

IGN: Azula.

JellySalmon on
    What do you say we take a relaxed attitude towards work and watch the baseball game? The nye Mets are my favorite squadron.
    edited June 2011
    Yeah. It's now based on combos alone, and yeah. Auctions are nice.

I haven't actually USED any of the disassembers, so I cant help you there. My in game-name is Harukahara, and I'll probably be on later in the evening.

heenato on
    M A G I K A Z A M
  • Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    using max lvl player disassemblers gives more than loton (and special components for professions)

I have a 51 weapon master but won't be able to play until July 6th

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • TravatonTravaton Registered User new member
    edited June 2011
    I've got a Striker in the same range that ya'll been mentioning. I'll be on when the game is back up.

IGN: A1ita

Travaton on
    I dream of the day when I learn not to ask questions to which I regret learning the answers.
  • Publius Aelius HadrianusPublius Aelius Hadrianus Permanently bland Seattle, Washington Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    FlyFF was so terrible of a grind at later levels

I remember I had met a mage and I was a cleric so we would 2 man mobs that were something like 101 or more levels above us jsut to gain 4% exp an hour or some crazy crap

god it was a grind

I remember when FlyFF first came out there was a exploitable glitch on the forums that allowed you to see the passwords of anyone that posted. I was getting ready to quit so I logged onto about 30 accounts and gave away all their items. Ah to be young and mean again.

This is complete hogwash. I used to work for gpotato, as a GM on FlyFF. Forum accounts have never been tied to your in game accounts, they are separate entities.

Dude it was 6 years ago and it could have even been in CB. I just looked at the current forums, and it wasn't like that. To call them forums is being generous because it was basically just a page where you typed in your username/pass every time you made a post. Most of it was bug reports and that type of shit. All you had to do was open up someone's post, right click + view source, and it took all of 15 seconds to locate their login/pass. They patched it but not before me and probably a few other people wrote down the deets for some lulz. The only reason I found out about it was because someone put a step by step guide to do it as a bug report, lol. :^:

Publius Aelius Hadrianus on
    2dk9ta8.gif
  • MasumeMasume Creator Caprica, FloridaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So is anyone still playing Vindictus these days? Was half tempted to boot my chars up to see what they updated. Last I played they threw the mage chick (Evie?) into the game, played her for a bit then stopped.

Masume on
    3DS Code - 5370-0463-9307
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Masume wrote: »
    So is anyone still playing Vindictus these days? Was half tempted to boot my chars up to see what they updated. Last I played they threw the mage chick (Evie?) into the game, played her for a bit then stopped.
    I'm still waiting for the EU version. <_<

Aldo on
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    my cousin was playing vindictus recently. that totem guy was released.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • The Rocking MThe Rocking M Brisbane, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Age of Conan is now free to play, it's now called Age of Conan: Unchained.

The Rocking M on
    edited July 2011
    Age of Conan is now free to play, it's now called Age of Conan: Unchained.
    THanks for the heads up.

Title's better than "unrated". :P

*e:

Age of Conan:Unchained
    Decapitate topless girls and pretend you're Arnold Schwarzenegger [but without the whole hiding a child you got with your housekeeper] in this fast-paced action MMO based on the work of Howard. It kinda failed as a P2P game, but that was mostly because they forgot to put in content and stuff besides the boobies and big swords. Apparently it's pretty decent now. Just hope your mom doesn't walk in to you while you stare at boobies.

Aldo on
  • Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Hey, does anyone know how Global Agenda's team play works? My friend and I tried to team up for some questing and we can't see each other (We can friend each other and I could invite him to my team, but it was like we were on different servers). I'm not sure I get how Global Agenda works. :P

Nova_C on
  • Page-Page- Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Rusty Hearts beta got dated.

It's the 27th. zzz

Page- on
    Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream
  • NathrakNathrak Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    To meet up with someone in a different instance in Global Agenda, try teaming up and having one person enter and then exit Dome City, should put you together. Or try going into a PvE mission together and when you're done you should be together. I think the only place you can manually switch instances is in Dome City, and I don't remember how!

Nathrak on
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    This is all I have to say about Age of Conan's new f2p model.

(Censored, but may be NS for some works)
    fn0oZ.png

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
    edited July 2011
    That's real? Isn't it?

Howard would be proud.

Aldo on
  • MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    That's real? Isn't it?

Howard would be proud.

That's been in the game for almost a year now... maybe even longer. Heck, it was in when I was still playing and that was before the xpac came out.

MyDcmbr on
    Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • Amikron DevaliaAmikron Devalia I didn't ask for this title. Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    While it is silly, I don't find anything wrong with it existing, other than it being temporary. You'd think for cash monies you could get a long lasting boob job.

Amikron Devalia on
    edited July 2011
    While it is silly, I don't find anything wrong with it existing, other than it being temporary. You'd think for cash monies you could get a long lasting boob job.
    I think there's something wrong with the way we depict humans in videogames anyway. I hate how everyone is supposed to have D-cups and sixpacks according to videogame designers. A muscled guy or voluptuous woman has a place in narratives, but certainly not in every narrative. Consider WoW: why are all their human mages ripped? I guess they're hitting the gym pretty hard when you're not playing?

So to me, selling items to make characters even more like what I hate is just another step down a path I hate.

Aldo on
  • Amikron DevaliaAmikron Devalia I didn't ask for this title. Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    To be fair, boobs.

I think hate is a bit of a strong word to be throwing around about character models in a game, though.

Also, Mages in WoW are ripped because it takes a lot of muscles to hold up all those giant stupid looking shoulderpads.

Amikron Devalia on
    edited July 2011
    In completely different news: amazing stuff is happening at Eden Eternal.

They posted this announcement, which I've also copied at the bottom of this post. The standard mount of Eden Eternal is the alpaca. Which you can admire here:

0tgWD.jpg

So someone at Aeria must have seen this on the news about how a lady is taking care of 50 abandoned alpacas and discussed it at the office. Now they have this amazing deal going on to help these alpacas. You donate money to pay for food and care for the animals in the form of Aeria's cash shop coins. Aeria tosses in some useful items for you and forwards the money to Sheryl Hudson who is taking care of the animals because no one else is.

Awesome? Awesome.

I'm donating some as well, partly because I think this is going to help innocent creatures and partly because I want to encourage Aeria and other companies to consider ways to contribute to society. I know a lot of companies urged their customers to donate to Japan, Haiti and New Orleans, but this is the first time I see a company raising money for something so practical and down to earth.

I think that deserves some recognition.
    Attention Eden Eternal players!
    There is an urgent matter that demands our immediate attention!

Our fearless leader and PM, AndoSky, has heard some distressing news! A woman named Sheryl Hudson in California has recently become the owner of 50 ALPACAS!

There is just one problem-- They got there because some irresponsible person ABANDONED THEM on her property! She's caring for them and feeding them, and is trying to find them a good, caring home... but she's going broke in the process! These alpacas cost her about $1000 dollars to feed each month, and she's getting worried that she won't be able to properly care for them long enough to find them a good home :C

THIS WILL NOT STAND! These alpacas need to eat... and we're going to help them out. Starting right now we're going to start taking "donations" to help Sheryl save these poor alpacas. She believes she can find them a good home in about a month, so we're going to donate enough money to her to fill her alpaca's bellies until then.

If you want to help, you can spend just 100ap and get 5 Pet Foods for it!

CLICK HERE TO MAKE A SMALL DONATION!

Aldo on
  • MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular
    edited July 2011
    News Story wrote:
    You can contact Sheryl Hudson by sending an email to the following address.

P.O. Box 741 Clements, CA 95227

...what?

Anyway, good on them! I am tempted to download the game just to donate to the Alpacas.

MyDcmbr on
    Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • ShanadeusShanadeus Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I'm fine with overmuscley/big boobed dudes/dudettes in games, we are supposed to be the heroes afterall and by physically superiors specimens.

But only when it makes sense.

A female warrior with big boobs just looks awful. Boobs just get in the way in physical combat whereas they're non-trivial when you do the magics.

A male sorcerer with awesome muscle is a terrible idea as well. All those muscles serve no purpose whatsoever when you do the magics in a silky robe.

Shanadeus on
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    but pet food is a bane that just takes up inventory space. :( i'd like to donate but not for pet food that makes the game worse

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    just toss the pet food?

Tcheldor on
    League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • NerdtendoNerdtendo Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I would absolutely love an MMO that did the Fable style bodies for characters. Not only would the classes look different by the end while walking around in their skivvies, but your character's appearance would physically change as you level up. Theoretically, you'd be able to get a general idea of what a character is with a glance.

Nerdtendo on
    IHZR47b.png
  • MorvidusMorvidus Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I had to break down and buy the American Flag underwear for Karok in Vindictus. Still wearing pajamas with a dead gnoll chieftain's hide slung over his shoulders didn't fit very well.

If anyone is playing Vindictus (well, not right now due to 2x XP), I'm on the West. My Karok is named Morvid.

Morvidus on
  • QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    Just tried out Vindictus after a friend showed me the game play at his house. I'm really impressed.

Quid on
    edited July 2011
    Outspark has a new one on the way. Luvinia. Closed beta is starting soon. I am not touching it.

Page- on
    Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    stream
    edited July 2011
    Page- wrote: »
    Outspark has a new one on the way. Luvinia. Closed beta is starting soon. I am not touching it.
    barf

thanks. :)

I'm still enjoying Eden Eternal casually, btw.

Aldo on
  • EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    barf

That game looks horrendous.

Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Fartacus_the_MightyFartacus_the_Mighty Brought to you by the letter A.Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    barf

That game looks horrendous.

I suppose that leaves it up to someone else, like me, to take one for the team and be a hero.

Fartacus_the_Mighty on
    edited July 2011
    I suppose that leaves it up to someone else, like me, to take one for the team and be a hero.
    Hey Frodo, mind dropping by Furcadia if you're going Mordor anyway? ;)

Aldo on
    edited July 2011
    In for a penny, in for a pounding.

Page- on
    stream
This discussion has been closed.