As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

SC2: GO READ THE NEW THREAD!!

• xtaxta Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    ah, thanks

i wonder if this is related to some sort of promote/demote bug? i keep fighting golds as a plat

xta on
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    thats pretty normal.

Dhalphir on
  • tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    No points on ladder right now.

tuxkamen on

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    now is a good time to be laddering, then.

Dhalphir on
    edited June 2011
    its like doing customs with matchmaking. no gains or losses for wins or losses

Dhalphir on
    edited June 2011
    holy crap, ZeNEX DOMINATED the TL Open.

Dhalphir on
    edited June 2011
    Uh, I guess theoretically you could do that, yes.

Although they did state a while back that they will ban players for deliberately leaving/losing many games in a row.

Dhalphir on
    edited June 2011
    Er, actually, I think once bnet is fixed, you would play one game and it would detect how low your MMR is and demote you.

Dhalphir on
    edited June 2011
    another replay pack from Blackcitadel

http://www.2shared.com/file/zSPQZ5MC/627.html

Dhalphir on
  • His CorkinessHis Corkiness Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    DRG hurry up and get good at ZvP so that you're in Code A and we see less games like that

His Corkiness on
  • kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    s_86 wrote: »
    But I'd be the king of bronze, right?

That throne has been retired.

kedinik on
    I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
    edited June 2011
    DRG hurry up and get good at ZvP so that you're in Code A and we see less games like that

doesnt seem too hard

first, don't die to 4gate, and then, make infestors to beat anything else.

there, now ZvP expert
    above was a joke

Dhalphir on
  • SeguerSeguer of the Void Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    The real answer is make more roaches.

Seguer on
  • His CorkinessHis Corkiness Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    What do you think about your other matchups?

Well, my ZvZ is as good as my ZvT and I am confident in those. But ZvP I need more practice maybe, worst win ratio is against Protoss.

Why is your ZvP bad? Many Zergs have changed a lot of their style vs Protoss, using roach/infestor/baneling for instance.

I can't find my own style vs Protoss yet. Ling/bling+infestor or muta+ling or hydra+roach or ling/bling/roach, there are many many styles. I use all of them in practice but I can't find the right one for me yet.

Why are those bad?

They're not bad, they are all very good. I can't quite adopt the right one for me yet.

Many foreigners have been talking about the 8 roach+zergling build, what do you think of that?

I use that build too, its very good vs 3 gate expansion, if the Protoss is bad at forcefield you can finish the game immediately.

Do you think that Protoss has to change styles soon? To combat 8 roach+zergling.

I think just be ing good at control can defend that well enough.

Before, many people complain that Zerg has a hard time scouting against Protoss before lair, what do you think now?

I feel the same, it is a lot of deduction/inference/guessing. Counting sentries is one of the keys, you can also look at gas with a scouting drone of an overlord sometimes.

Some Protosses have now been doing DT sentry expand, do you like this build?

No, its not good. Its very very easy to beat.

Because you can easily count the sentries?

Yes, its easy to figure out what is happening. I can make many many drones and go lair, and Protoss can't do anything. Mutalisk, hydra, roaches all win from there.

So you have seen this build a lot?

Yes, after the GSL final many Protosses used it in ladder.

(No translator needed, btw. He's so awesome)

His Corkiness on
    edited June 2011
    I've started hiding some of my sentries when I 3gate expand for that very reason. Try to maintain Xel'naga watchtower control with a zealot, and keep 3-4 of my sentries in my main, above my ramp, after I expand. A zealot is quite resilient to being killed, on some maps (Typhon) you can put him in a position where he can kill 4 zerglings without dying, and as long as you can see any potential serious attack coming, you have time to move your sentries down the ramp.

Dhalphir on
    edited June 2011
    Also, what the hell, DRG's english is amazing!

Dhalphir on
  • PoolCuePoolCue Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    yet another reason to love DRG unconditionally

PoolCue on
  • stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Damnit Simon.

I sent a ling to scout all expos, but your complete wallof stopped him from path up the ramp to where yours was >: (

Ah well. I probably was still done in.

stimtokolos on
    edited June 2011
    Damnit Simon.

I sent a ling to scout all expos, but your complete wallof stopped him from path up the ramp to where yours was >: (

Ah well. I probably was still done in.
    Grandmaster skills.

Seguer on
    edited June 2011
    simon deleted one of his posts or maybe two.

anyway now it looks like i posted 6 times in a row

i hate you simon

Dhalphir on
  • GarethMagisGarethMagis Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    DAMN!!! Please tell me someone saw that sentry drop it was soooo cool

GarethMagis on
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2011
    SC2 thread: Where every sixth post is not by Dhalphir

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
    edited June 2011
    Well considering Dhal has so much experience with all 3 races now, he can just argue with himself all day. :P

Seguer on
    edited June 2011
    that would be a sight to see

PoolCue on
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    awesome double gsl. glad I went to bed instead of trying to stay up.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
    edited June 2011
    Fucking Terrans. We Zergs work so hard at holding of all sorts of all-ins and they just herp a derp, ctrl-click their scvs and marines and win everything forever. Oh, and if we kill it all without taking losses, we're still behind because they have lolmules. And don't get me started on fucking PROTOSS. a-move rofl, am i rite? make 1 zealot and it kills infinity zerglings and 1 sentry can make infinity forcefields. oh and then they make 1 colossus and just a-move it to your base and win. fucking ezmode gaytoss.

----

Fuck you, Zerg. You have your gay banelings that we have to spam click like a maniac with our marines to get away from them. Oh but then when we spread to minimise their damage, your fucking speedlings run in and surround them better, so they fucking die either way! And as soon as the marines are 1 pixel too far away from the tanks, your 400 mutalisks swoop in and kill all of them instantly, then every scv on the map spontaneously explodes. And fucking Protoss, stalkers are so fucking OP, need to make marauders against them but then marauders neverk ill anything else, DTs tear eveything fucking apart, have to go crazy with stutter micro to even keep the marauders alive against zealots. God help us if you have sentries, we can't even move. Oh and we can't make medivacs to heal, because we need vikings to kill your fucking colossus!

----

Goddamn, Zerg and Terran are so fucking ezmode. Oh, an early pressure by the Protoss? ill just make some bunkers and then lol with 4 marines inside it holding off 30 million gateway units while repairing. Haha, look at your zealots try to get through the scvs to the bunker. Oh and I'll do it with the planetary too. Fuck you Terran, we Protoss have to micro every battle so much with forcefields, all you do is 1-T-A and roflvomit all over our forces. Banshees? Goddamn, someone looked at the DT, thought, "ok, yeah, its pretty good, but lets give Terran something better. Lets make it fly, and be ranged!" AND then lets give the only mobile detection to a tech path that can't effectively deal with air! And fucking Zerg and their roaches and their drones. Leave a Zerg alone for 5 seconds and he has infinity drones and then can just push your face in with infinity roaches because roaches never die, do a billion damage and just burrow under your forcefields.

Dhalphir on
    edited June 2011
    it's basically a 3 way imbalance

blizzard just likes upsetting people

Variable on
    edited June 2011
    every race is overpowered, underpowered, imba, and cheesy.

Dhalphir on
    edited June 2011
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    Fucking Terrans. We Zergs work so hard at holding of all sorts of all-ins and they just herp a derp, ctrl-click their scvs and marines and win everything forever. Oh, and if we kill it all without taking losses, we're still behind because they have lolmules. And don't get me started on fucking PROTOSS. a-move rofl, am i rite? make 1 zealot and it kills infinity zerglings and 1 sentry can make infinity forcefields. oh and then they make 1 colossus and just a-move it to your base and win. fucking ezmode gaytoss.

----

Fuck you, Zerg. You have your gay banelings that we have to spam click like a maniac with our marines to get away from them. Oh but then when we spread to minimise their damage, your fucking speedlings run in and surround them better, so they fucking die either way! And as soon as the marines are 1 pixel too far away from the tanks, your 400 mutalisks swoop in and kill all of them instantly, then every scv on the map spontaneously explodes. And fucking Protoss, stalkers are so fucking OP, need to make marauders against them but then marauders neverk ill anything else, DTs tear eveything fucking apart, have to go crazy with stutter micro to even keep the marauders alive against zealots. God help us if you have sentries, we can't even move. Oh and we can't make medivacs to heal, because we need vikings to kill your fucking colossus!

----

Goddamn, Zerg and Terran are so fucking ezmode. Oh, an early pressure by the Protoss? ill just make some bunkers and then lol with 4 marines inside it holding off 30 million gateway units while repairing. Haha, look at your zealots try to get through the scvs to the bunker. Oh and I'll do it with the planetary too. Fuck you Terran, we Protoss have to micro every battle so much with forcefields, all you do is 1-T-A and roflvomit all over our forces. Banshees? Goddamn, someone looked at the DT, thought, "ok, yeah, its pretty good, but lets give Terran something better. Lets make it fly, and be ranged!" AND then lets give the only mobile detection to a tech path that can't effectively deal with air! And fucking Zerg and their roaches and their drones. Leave a Zerg alone for 5 seconds and he has infinity drones and then can just push your face in with infinity roaches because roaches never die, do a billion damage and just burrow under your forcefields.
    Yes

Seguer on
    edited June 2011
    I hate speed zealots

Variable on
  • SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Dhalphir wrote: »

----

----

Post of the year.
    Except the first two paragraphs, those are bullshit

Spaffy on
    ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
    edited June 2011
    Variable wrote: »

a 3 way imbalance is the way it should be

PoolCue on
    edited June 2011
    PoolCue wrote: »

yes

Variable on
    edited June 2011
    This just in.
    ZvZ still terrible once infestors hit the field.

stimtokolos on
    edited June 2011
    You know what would be awesome? Mind controlling the other Z's infestors, and then using those infestors to mind control some Ultras.

Spaffy on
  • TannerMSTannerMS "I'm confidence cause I'm zerg!" Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I've had some success with long term muta baneling zergling. You need to make sure you have Broods before your opponent maxes but if you have good muta control, Infestors really aren't enough. Banelings shred Hydras (especially since you can snipe their seers) and you can usually win a base trade/deter your opponent from killing you until you have blords and force spire tech.

It's probably not an optimal way to play, but having a really fast army and forcing your opponent to play blind is a fun experience

I got an achievement the other day for neuraling Dhal's HTs and Storming a stack of my own drones by accident. HT are hard :(

TannerMS on
    edited June 2011
    Editing out because Tanner's ninja post made me look like a dick.

Spaffy on
  • MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    PoolCue wrote: »

yes

love me some 3-way

also, mass queen / spine push on 4v4s is never dull

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
    edited June 2011
    TannerMS wrote: »
    I've had some success with long term muta baneling zergling. You need to make sure you have Broods before your opponent maxes but if you have good muta control, Infestors really aren't enough. Banelings shred Hydras (especially since you can snipe their seers) and you can usually win a base trade/deter your opponent from killing you until you have blords and force spire tech.

It's probably not an optimal way to play, but having a really fast army and forcing your opponent to play blind is a fun experience

I got an achievement the other day for neuraling Dhal's HTs and Storming a stack of my own drones by accident. HT are hard :(

I feel like there is a timing where if someone pushes out with a strong enough roach force, maybe timing it with +1 that it would just hurt, too much. Unless I had a billion spines.

I've done the mutas vs infestors thing before, i tend to just send 3 in to snipe one infestor, then manually move another 3 from another angle and so on.

Seems efficient enough since it takes 4 fungals to kill mutas. I mean of course people drop the ITs. But still, they hate doing it.

stimtokolos on
  • TannerMSTannerMS "I'm confidence cause I'm zerg!" Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    The TL GSL July preview is fantastic and has me super pumped for great games! The only group that doesn't look completely stacked is Hongun's (Keen and Nada take it easy with Hongun going to updowns

TannerMS on