As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

'Whomp!' June 6, 2011 "Heavy Petting"

1212223242527»

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    212bxmo.jpg

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    perfect

Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    hbglkbglbg noo

HugmasterGeneral on
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    ronnie it is okay to beat up your cat

you had a hard day at work and the cat didn't make you no dinner

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    VistiVisti Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Hey Ronnie, you're on the frontpage of Reddit!

Visti on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Yeah, I see that. That same comic made it there before, as well. I'm thinking of renaming it 'Site Crasher'

HugmasterGeneral on
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Fallout on facebook just posted it as well.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    farbekriegfarbekrieg Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Aint fame grand?

farbekrieg on
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2011
    hey dude, in your latest strip I'm having trouble with the word balloons in the fourth and fifth panel - Mel's bubble runs straight into ronnie's and I can't help but read it across as one line, eg "Oh Ronnie, you're where did you find that?".

tynic on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I was in a hurry and having a lot of trouble with text placement. I've now given a more legible though not as pretty treatment.

HugmasterGeneral on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    much more legible!
    sometimes I think balloon placement is the most irritating part of cartooning.

tynic on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    tynic wrote: »
    much more legible!
    sometimes I think balloon placement is the most irritating part of cartooning.

It's terrible, because even though I plan it beforehand, I have to worry about the limited space in my squares, and I have to avoid ending up with either tiny characters, or just their heads. It's an exercise also in conciseness, which is good, but sometimes you're as concise as you're gonna get.

HugmasterGeneral on
  • Options
    MabelmaMabelma Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I'm a devoted follower of the WHOMP comic since the first time I came to this forum. I must say I love your humor, it's just so funny and your art is truly great too. I hope this comic goes on till the earth is swallowed by the sun.
    Enough fanboyism though, I think your comics have become way better since you started using colors. Really great work.

Mabelma on
    Have some time, check out my blog
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Hey look, there's never enough fanboyism. Keep that shiz comin', yo!

Haha, but no, thank you very much, Mab. Encouragement is what keeps me going.

HugmasterGeneral on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Jajaja, you deserve lots of praise, your comic is always funny. There is literally never a boring strip. To tell you the truth you were one of the artist that led me to start a webcomic myself. True I just started it but I will someday get to the amazing quality you push every Monday, Wednesday and Friday with your comic. Amazing work really.

Mabelma on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Keep on keepin' on!

HugmasterGeneral on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Always! Can't wait for tomorrow's comic, I bet it's gonna be great as always.

Mabelma on
  • Options
    wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Tomorrow's comic better be great, Ronnie. Don't let me down.

wonderpug on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    It's gonna be complete garbage. It's gonna be 6 copy pasted panels of talking heads (wall of text, of course) smugly touting my political views in a manner that is intended to make anyone look stupid who disagrees with me.

HugmasterGeneral on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I don't think rich kids should stab hobos for fun, and I'm going to make sure the world knows that's my stance!

(but no, really, I think it will be funny. Tomorrow's is a completely true story, and I couldn't help even laughing at myself about it when I was remembering it.)

HugmasterGeneral on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    For some reason I read that as 'stay hobos for fun' and I spent a while thinking about the nuanced hobo-impersonation stance you must have developed.

tynic on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I like the King of the Hill episode with the professional hobos. That was wild.

HugmasterGeneral on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Not to be a dick but in my personal opinion every hobo in a tv show is funny... I'm so going to hell!

Mabelma on
  • Options
    farbekriegfarbekrieg Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Krieger, you still aren't doing bum fights in your van are you?

farbekrieg on
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I have been trying to think of a fanart I could do for Whomp and I have settled on Sir Ronald the Quite-Literally-Rotund

Tam on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    That would be super cool, thanks! I need to make a fanart page for all the awesome stuff you guys make for me

HugmasterGeneral on
  • Options
    HamjuHamju Registered User regular
    Ronnie I was in a grocery store the other day and I saw a woman who's lower half looked exactly like cartoon Ronnie. Her ass was this big round circle with a tiny little butt at the end. I couldn't stop staring.

kekekesigshortercuzthinsacunt.jpg
  • Options
    Hamju wrote:
    Ronnie I was in a grocery store the other day and I saw a woman who's lower half looked exactly like cartoon Ronnie. Her ass was this big round circle with a tiny little butt at the end. I couldn't stop staring.

Ronnie does not condone staring at lady butts, no matter how comically misshapen they are!

• Options
    mullymully Registered User regular
    Ronnie: I love your "cat who can jump onto the roof and also can talk" comic.

• Options
    Ha ha, thanks Mully.

• Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    Oh my lord does "Like Day and Night" tickle my funny bone something fierce.

So much setup for such an awful pun... so beautiful. I am moved to tears.

And... and not one of these [SILLY GOOSE] smilies is crying. What the hell.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
    Just wanted to say I really like this comic and I read it all the time

tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
  • Options
    Thank you!

• Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    My... my son!
    /tear

• Options
    My stupid little face just read this http://www.whompcomic.com/2011/07/27/book-on-sale-now/ and I'm just too damn happy, it's good to see that you have been able to get this up and running to the point where you have a book, congratulations man. I'm gonna order one right away, this makes me soo happy it's just unbelievable. Sorry for the bump, just thought it would be a good idea to post it here.

• Options
    Mabelma wrote:
    My stupid little face just read this http://www.whompcomic.com/2011/07/27/book-on-sale-now/ and I'm just too damn happy, it's good to see that you have been able to get this up and running to the point where you have a book, congratulations man. I'm gonna order one right away, this makes me soo happy it's just unbelievable. Sorry for the bump, just thought it would be a good idea to post it here.

Hey, thanks Mab! I see your order now. Thank you. :)

• Options
    itatemykidneysitatemykidneys Oh well Registered User regular
    edited February 2013
    The best line out of every single comic on the site was "Hmm, yes. Anime is blood."
    EDIT: Oh god, I didn't know this thread was so... dated.

itatemykidneys on
    It sucks, and you're all stupid for liking it.
  • Options
    The best line out of every single comic on the site was "Hmm, yes. Anime is blood."
    EDIT: Oh god, I didn't know this thread was so... dated.

Ha ha!

• Options
    bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    Ronald has abandoned the AC.

• Options
    Prof. AwesomeProf. Awesome Registered User regular
    Rather than needing advice on his art, Ronnie now needs advice on how to diversify his investment portfolio.