As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

ATTN: Khoo and other hotel dwelling PAXers

yoshamanoyoshamano The fuck is this. The fuck was that.Marshall, Soviet MichiganRegistered User regular
edited April 2006 in PAX Archive
I just got done reserving my room at the Red Lion and they no longer have any of the special PAX rate rooms left. So a king bed room there is going to run me $160/night with all the tax and such added in.

Figured I'd let others know, and see if this can be added to the hotels page on the PAX website.

pa_forums_sig.jpg
yoshamano on

• EmperorMingEmperorMing Registered User regular
    edited April 2006
    The double tree did not have any PAX rate rooms left for all the nights when I reserved my room either. They did have rooms for like one night but obviously that wasn't going to cut it.

EmperorMing on
  • Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited April 2006
    Can you tell me which nights you were trying to book for? They're telling us a different story so i want to get all of the facts straight. Thanks!

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • yoshamanoyoshamano The fuck is this. The fuck was that. Marshall, Soviet MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited April 2006
    I booked a room for 4 nights (I'm on the CCST) so Thur. - Sun. Don't hold me to this, but I believe the conversation went like this: I asked for a room for PAX (didn't ask for any specific type of room), they asked how many nights, I said 4, they said they were out of rooms at the PAX rate but that they had some king bed rooms available for the standard rate.

yoshamano on
    pa_forums_sig.jpg
  • laughingfuzzballlaughingfuzzball Registered User regular
    edited April 2006
    When I reserved my room at the Doubletree a couple weeks ago, they told me they couldn't give me the PAX rate for Thursday night. Maybe requiring Thirsday night is what's doing it? They didn't say (and I didn't ask) whether they were out of special rate rooms for Thursday already, or if the rate didn't apply to Thursday.

laughingfuzzball on
  • TrillianTrillian Registered User regular
    edited April 2006
    SmallLady booked our room tuesday-monday for the PAX rate the entire time! What sort of shenannigans are they trying to pull?

Trillian on

They cast a shadow like a sundial in the morning light. It was half past 10.
  • CynderCynCynderCyn MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited April 2006
    The more I think about it, the more I want to call and ask them (Red Lion) why they wouldn't extend the special rate to all PAX guests.

CynderCyn on
    "Inflatable objects are dumb unless they are your girlfriend or a funhouse"
  • WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    edited April 2006
    I reserved at the Red Lion maybe five days ago, for Friday through Sunday, and they gave me the PAX rate for all three.

There is trickery afoot.

Whippy on
  • SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    edited April 2006
    Indeed i did!

(well Tuesday to Sunday)

SmallLady on
    "we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • CondorCondor Registered User regular
    edited April 2006
    have you tried reserving online? that way you can tell if you can still get the rooms for the PAX rate

Condor on
    "Don't make me come down there!" ~ God
  • yoshamanoyoshamano The fuck is this. The fuck was that. Marshall, Soviet MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited April 2006
    Just let me know when we can declare Shenanigans.

yoshamano on
    pa_forums_sig.jpg
    edited April 2006
    Ok, so we went and talked to some more hotel people today and will be updating the hotel page soon with new hotels. I'll make an announcement in this post before we tell everyone on the front page so you guys get first shot at it.

Yoshamano (and everyone else I suppose): $160 is definitely a crazy rate per night- this new place we contracted with is SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper and the rooms were just renovated this year, so interior-wise, it's awesome. The exterior is definitely sub-par, but it's definitely one of those "don't judge a book by its cover" sort of things.

-robert

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • ctishmanctishman Registered User regular
    edited April 2006
    You could set up a Tokyo-style cubicle hotel and we'd be happy.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
    http://homepage.mac.com/ctishman
    edited April 2006
    Indeed. As long as shuttle service is available at the new hotel I'll drop my reservation at the Red Lion.

yoshamano on
    pa_forums_sig.jpg
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2006
    If its the hotel that I think robert is talking about... you wouldnt need a shuttle.

Unless you are a lazy bum.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • EmperorMingEmperorMing Registered User regular
    edited April 2006
    Just to answer Khoo's original question. I was trying to book a room from the 24th to the 28th in the Doubletree. They didn't have any two bed rooms left (which I expected since I delayed) but they also said that on the 24th they no longer had the PAX rate available (but they did have a room). So I am now paying the pax rate from 25th-28th and paying $140 on the 24th.

EmperorMing on
    edited April 2006
    Yeah you won't need a shuttle for the new hotel.

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • JoeslopJoeslop Registered User regular
    edited April 2006
    Will the rate at the new hotel be comperable to the $85 mentioned earlier? I need to start saving more..

Joeslop on
  • AstayonixAstayonix Registered User regular
    edited April 2006
    Just a question, but what exactly happened between the PA team and the Bellevue Marriott? I like the Marriott, but there's a note on the PAX Hotels page to stay away... :?:

Astayonix on
    -=Astayonix=-
    http://www.n37radio.com
    Awesome Ideas With No Inititive
    IRC - radeon.slashdot.net #n37 key=topic
  • JoeslopJoeslop Registered User regular
    edited April 2006
    Astayonix wrote:
    Just a question, but what exactly happened between the PA team and the Bellevue Marriott? I like the Marriott, but there's a note on the PAX Hotels page to stay away... :?:

I think Khoo mentioned it in one of the PAX threads, but they apparently refused to give any sort of discount rate to PAX attendees, despite the assurances that we would completely fill their hotel. Since they refused to work with PA, we more or less have a boycott of them. I imagine after they see the numbers this year they'll relent next time.

Joeslop on
  • LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2006
    Joeslop wrote:
    Astayonix wrote:

I think Khoo mentioned it in one of the PAX threads, but they apparently refused to give any sort of discount rate to PAX attendees, despite the assurances that we would completely fill their hotel. Since they refused to work with PA, we more or less have a boycott of them. I imagine after they see the numbers this year they'll relent next time.

Yes, but by then, it'll be too late for them. Well, for that location at least.

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • contrefaitcontrefait Registered User regular
    edited April 2006
    If you're watching this thread like I was, new hotel info in another topic.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=22894369

contrefait on
    PAX East 2016 Checklist
    Passes: ▬ Hotel: ▬ Flight: [color=red]☑[/color]
  • AstayonixAstayonix Registered User regular
    edited April 2006
    Joeslop wrote:
    Astayonix wrote:

What assholes! Well, it sux for them! Thanks for the background! :P

Astayonix on
    -=Astayonix=-
    http://www.n37radio.com
    Awesome Ideas With No Inititive
    IRC - radeon.slashdot.net #n37 key=topic