As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hesher] Armageddon Death Squad

• Options
    MgcwMgcw Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    two Slough Feg gigs (One normal, one acoustic)

Slough Feg > sustenance.

Mgcw on
  • Options
    WalriWalri Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So when my best friend's older brother killed himself in January, Darkthrone and Sunn O))) sent their condolences. That was pretty surreal. As it turns out, the guys in Darkthrone were fans of his band, Orphan. A few other projects he was involved with may have caught their attention as well. He was an assistant of the internationally known artist Banks Violette, who has made sculptures inspired by the two bands mentioned earlier as well as one related to Varg Vikernes's church burnings. In addition, he had previously played bass in a band called Quix*o*tic that toured with the Melvins and Sonic Youth.

http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/blogs/artsdesk/music/2011/02/02/sensitive-badass-quixotics-brendan-majewski-1973-2011/

Walri on
    Truly Grim and Frost-Bitten Cooking Thread
    Walri: I made a sandwich and lemonade today, they were both disgusting. I don't know how I do it, I need my mom to get back from vacation so I can make her prepare my food.
    Iconslaughter: That was probably the most metal thing you've ever said.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
  • Options
    autothrallautothrall Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Well, it's not great, but at least it sounds like Anthrax again...

If anyone's into ritual/occult style music then totally check out the Hexentanz reissue I just reviewed at the blog (second opinion, META wrote up the album a few years back). It's pretty sexy.

Going to just be covering requests I got these past few months, and a few new releases, until the next project begins in July.

Also, some might have noticed that I revoked the admin status of everyone but myself at the blog. This bears no reflection on my trusting anyone else I've granted a permission, only a concern due to the dubious crap happening with gmail of late (China hacking, spammers, and so forth). All the members can still post and edit their own reviews to their hearts' content, and if there's a specific thing you were looking to do with the formatting, just get in touch. Also, does anyone know of a software which could scan the blog and save all the individual .html pages? Planning to set up a new archive.

Also:

fleshgodapocalypse.jpg

Kind of weak compared to the previous covers, but it'll be cool to hear the new album in August.

autothrall on
  • Options
    hanskeyhanskey Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    That is way sooner than I was expecting from FA. Awesome!

hanskey on
  • Options
    MorgensternMorgenstern ICH BIN DER PESTVOGEL DU KAMPFAFFE!Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Nothing warms my heart more than seeing Noktorn get trolled on his own blog.

Morgenstern on
    “Every time we walk along a beach some ancient urge disturbs us so that we find ourselves shedding shoes and garments or scavenging among seaweed and whitened timbers like the homesick refugees of a long war.” - Loren Eiseley
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    autothrall wrote: »
    Also, does anyone know of a software which could scan the blog and save all the individual .html pages? Planning to set up a new archive.

I think you'll want to search for a site ripper of some kind. I'm not experienced using them but here's one to start you off: http://www.httrack.com/

In case any of you were interested, here are a couple videos of the band I play in (the first one is from before I joined):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2kr-CBc2lM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGhlI79FiIA

Walri on
    Walri: I made a sandwich and lemonade today, they were both disgusting. I don't know how I do it, I need my mom to get back from vacation so I can make her prepare my food.
  • Options
    Futt BuckerFutt Bucker CTRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    That new Anthrax song is decent. Some parts are cool, some are totally forgettable. I hope the rest of the album is better.

Futt Bucker on
    My color is black to the blind
  • Options
    edited June 2011
  • Options
    HomelessHomeless Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    God this is a busy month for this little metal guy. Opening for Blackguard in two weeks, then three shows back to back, then opening for Lizzy Borden, then more local shows, then maybe a Bay Area minitour.

Homeless on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Homeless wrote: »
    God this is a busy month for this little metal guy. Opening for Blackguard in two weeks, then three shows back to back, then opening for Lizzy Borden, then more local shows, then maybe a Bay Area minitour.

I'm a little jealous that you're opening for Lizzy Borden :)

autothrall on
  • Options
    yakulyakul Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So apparently there is a new Yes album, which I hadn't heard about.

no Anderson, so ..

yakul on
  • Options
    Onslaught_FeiOnslaught_Fei Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

I'm a little jealous that you're opening for Lizzy Borden :)

Lizzy Borden is going to be here, next Sunday but I already made special plans and have to miss it. I'm already feeling down about it.
    yakul wrote: »

no Anderson, so ..

And still no Wakeman, right? No Wakeman no Anderson might as well not even be called Yes.

Onslaught_Fei on
    XBL: Onslaught Fei
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    And another 80s thrash/power metal band returns to the scene, this time Minnesota's Powermad (you might have caught them in the Nicholas Cage film Wild at Heart:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=B-tA8Rjzcjs

autothrall on
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Anyone in Europe going to see Amon Amarth in the Autumn, Septicflesh are going to be support. Shit I'm annoyed at missing that. The other bands when I got to see them were Ensiferum, Machinae Supremacy and fucking Children of Bodom. :\

Tav on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Walri wrote: »
    Also, does anyone know of a software which could scan the blog and save all the individual .html pages? Planning to set up a new archive.

I think you'll want to search for a site ripper of some kind. I'm not experienced using them but here's one to start you off: http://www.httrack.com/

Are you trying to archive the whole site or just the reviews themselves?

hanskey on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    hanskey wrote: »
    Walri wrote: »

Are you trying to archive the whole site or just the reviews themselves?

The reviews. No worries though, I have it pretty near archived already.

autothrall on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I know all I ever talk about is who I'm opening for, but we just confirmed for Kamelot. Holy Fuck!

Also, I can't stop listening to Wolf (UK). Highway Rider is such a good song.

Homeless on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Have been approached for a label deal from all these opening slots, or are you guys just the greedy house band in your area? :P

autothrall on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    yakul wrote: »

no Anderson, so ..

And still no Wakeman, right? No Wakeman no Anderson might as well not even be called Yes.

Meh... Wakeman is more or less dispensable. They've had other keyboardists, arguably better ones. About Anderson, I agree.

I saw Yes a while back but it got rained on. They played like 1 and a half songs. :(

Walri on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Blood of bipeds shall wet the tongues of the one true death cult... Arakun!

Mgcw on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Have been approached for a label deal from all these opening slots, or are you guys just the greedy house band in your area? :P

Labels don't even know this city exists. We're the greedy band that has really good timing. ;-)

Homeless on
  • Options
    NargorothRiPNargorothRiP Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    New Wounded Kings In the Chapel of the Black Hand coming in September and the band has a whole new lineup!

NargorothRiP on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Mgcw wrote: »
    Blood of bipeds shall wet the tongues of the one true death cult... Arakun!
    Jesus Christi! Run!

That is really creepy.

Last night I scared a small group of three racoons away from the front porch while having a cigarette, and I didn't even notice them 3 feet away from me until they were fleeing.

They could easily have got the initial takedown!

hanskey on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    NO ... NO ... how did you find me!? ... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooo.....................

hanskey on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    New Wounded Kings In the Chapel of the Black Hand coming in September and the band has a whole new lineup!

There'll be a new song out by Friday (It's premiering on Roadburn Radio on Thursday night).

Speaking of new songs,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ULMhLYDOfk

apparently it's from the CTS sessions and doesn't have anything to do with the new album, but considering how much heavier this is that anything off CTS, I'm not sure..

Tav on
  • Options
    RotamRotam Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I had no idea there was a new Pharaoh EP, new Hibria album as well?

Still playing catch up on the many things I've being missing out on. Anthrax, Slayer, Sepultura, Coroner, Vader, there's too much of shit to be listened to D:

Rotam on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    tav who do you post as on metalireland?

NargorothRiP on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    tav who do you post as on metalireland?

Quid.

Are you Irish? o.O

Tav on
  • Options
    DreamerdownDreamerdown Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Rotam wrote: »
    I had no idea there was a new Pharaoh EP, new Hibria album as well?

Still playing catch up on the many things I've being missing out on. Anthrax, Slayer, Sepultura, Coroner, Vader, there's too much of shit to be listened to D:

Around 40 years worth, to be exact :lol:

Dreamerdown on
    bigifre1vy.jpg

Not all vampires suck blood.
    Not all of them die for love.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Get out!

I also did not realize there was a new Pharaoh EP. Got to give this a listen.

Love the Mastodon song and video.

autothrall on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    yes i live in baltimore =p

NargorothRiP on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    So I may have finally figured out the real reason the mods make us use "hesher" and not "metal".
    The SE++ metal threads use "metal".

Also, the title of the current SE++ metal thread really makes it clear why it deserves ignominy.

hanskey on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    hanskey wrote: »
    So I may have finally figured out the real reason the mods make us use "hesher" and not "metal".
    The SE++ metal threads use "metal".

Also, the title of the current SE++ metal thread really makes it clear why it deserves ignominy.

Wow, what a shitty OP they have.

Futt Bucker on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Seriously terribad ... and ... terrisad.

hanskey on
  • Options
    LoveIsUnityLoveIsUnity Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Just throwing this out there: people have been infracted/had threads shut down/etc... for badmouthing other threads on the forum.

LoveIsUnity on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Get out!

I also did not realize there was a new Pharaoh EP. Got to give this a listen.

Love the Mastodon song and video.

Why so mad at Dreamer? You two had a lover's spat? ;-)

hanskey on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Good afternoon Darkthrone Cat. Is it Lunch time?

No.

It's Darkthrone time.

Futt Bucker on
This discussion has been closed.