As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Stupid phone makes me want to break it

AnomeAnome Registered User regular
edited June 2011 in Help / Advice Forum
Phone model: Huawei_8100-9 (the cheapest Android phone I could get)

Problem: When I was inputing numbers into my new phone I made a mistake - on one of my friends I used the area code 601 instead of 604. I figured it out when I texted a confused person in if I'm not mistaken Mississippi. I changed the number but it still texts to the 601 number. I deleted the contact and every message I ever sent to or received from that number and re-entered the correct number under a different name. It still texts to the wrong number. I replied to a text from the right number. Still sent to Mississippi. The only way to send to the right number is to type manually 604-***-**** and I don't want to have to do that because it sucks and it's the kind of think I can see myself forgetting to do and I don't want to annoy this other person any more than I already have. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

Anome on

• Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    call the manufacterer?

i don't even know man, if you deleted the contact the number was attached to, i cannot fathom how it could still be dialing that area code.

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    dukederekdukederek Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Is it doing something weird with syncing to your GMail contacts? Log into Gmail and see what the contact looks like from there.

Otherwise, stop being friends with this guy and start being friends with this Mississippi guy instead. It may be the simplest solution.

dukederek on