As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Killing me won't bring her back. TOINK (Plus! Bitcoins!)

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I want a nerf axe and shield so bad

Antimatter on
  • Options
    FactorySquirrelFactorySquirrel Marceline's Henchman Land of OooRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    The shield would be so much better with two straps instead of one. Literally every shield is better with two straps instead of one.

FactorySquirrel on
    "That man is playing Galaga! He thought we wouldn't notice. But we did."
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I'll bet there's a really interesting securities law question in this whole bitcoin story but ehhhhh

MrMonroe on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    No more bitcoins only nerf

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Buy nerf guns with bitcoins.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Bitcoins are going to be as successful as Swatch Internet Time watches.

Nerf has been around since our childhoods and is only getting stronger every day.

Bitcoins are not threadworthy.

TankHammer on
  • Options
    FramlingFramling FaceHead Geebs has bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I got some Nerf guns. And some Super Soakers.

Jordyn was thinking about getting me a Nerf gun for my birthday, but I basically have all of them that I want.

Oh, and BuzzBee, the guys that make those goofy ones with the pointless but neat cartridges? They also make a bolt-action rifle called the Hunter that's similarly neat. It's way too small, and I can't get Nerf darts to work with it, but it's still fun to screw around with.

Framling on
    you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

their = belonging to them
    there = not here
    they're = they are
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I'm not sure who made it but I had an off-brand Nerf gun as a kid that operated much like a Super Soaker where you'd pump it to build pressure in the air chamber, but it had attachments for the barrel. It could fire suction-cup darts, foam missiles (like the Nerf Bow and Arrow) and foam balls (like the Ballzooka). It was pretty awesome but the Ballzooka barrel never worked properly and I eventually broke all the cheap darts and two of the three foam missiles.

Turned out later that if you pumped it in a tub of water it made a halfway-decent water cannon when you pulled the trigger. I used it that way until the pressure chamber got a crack in it.

TankHammer on
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I know what you're talking about, Tank. I think. Maybe.

The one I'm thinking of had 2 barrels; one that held 4 Nerf darts, which fired sequentially, and also a ballzooka cannon under the barrel, like Ripley's gun at the end of Aliens.

Only better.

Dark Raven X on
    Oh brilliant
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    No, mine had 3 barrels but only one could be connected at a time. It wasn't made by nerf but it fired all nerf-standard ammo. The ballzooka attachment held 3 or 4 shots that never worked properly and the other two had to be breach-loaded.

TankHammer on
  • Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I had one of those Nerf ball guns.

When I was 7 or so, I got really angry at my little sister and broke it over her head.

Boy, did I get a wollopin' when my mom got home.

godmode on
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Is it bad that I find all the SE++ stories that end with "And then my mom/dad beat the shit out of me." funny?

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    no

beat the shit out of kids until they can't walk

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    OmegaTofuNinjaOmegaTofuNinja Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    omega I need pictures

okay turns out it's packed up somewhere, I will try to dig it out

OmegaTofuNinja on
    Facebook Wii: 7912 0299 8667 6601 I tweet sometimes Poetry?!
  • Options
    LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Oh god a family member called me yesterday going on about bitcoins and tor and "the deep web" and I had no clue what the fuck

Now that I DO have a clue what the fuck, this person sounds two steps away from wearing tinfoil as protection from the space beams

:|

Ledneh on
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    we're going deep into the web. DEEP

Langly on
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    DEEEEEEEEEEPAH

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I imagine those folks imagine the world works like it does in their animes and they can live in the internet one day, free from the crushing reality of a dude who can't hold down a job, can't find a girl who isn't repulsed by him and has to take out loans from his parents.

TankHammer on
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Ledneh wrote: »
    Oh god a family member called me yesterday going on about bitcoins and tor and "the deep web" and I had no clue what the fuck

Now that I DO have a clue what the fuck, this person sounds two steps away from wearing tinfoil as protection from the space beams

Your only option here is to respond with information about "Majestic 12" "Icarus", "Helios", and "Daedalus" maybe a couple mentions of "Versalife".

chiasaur11 on
  • Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    chiasaur11 wrote: »

Your only option here is to respond with information about "Majestic 12" "Icarus", "Helios", and "Daedalus" maybe a couple mentions of "Versalife".

I approve this course of action.

Fishman on
    X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    It's really annoying 'cause this person is really fuckin' smart, far better at computer networks and math and such than I ever will be (even though I'm a programmer... you'd think I'd be better), holds a steady job, isn't socially inept, etc

Getting into weird shit like this is the last thing I would have expected :(

Ledneh on
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    It's really annoying 'cause this person is really fuckin' smart, far better at computer networks and math and such than I ever will be (even though I'm a programmer... you'd think I'd be better), holds a steady job, isn't socially inept, etc

maybe he knows how to hack the gibson

Brolo on
  • Options
    FactorySquirrelFactorySquirrel Marceline's Henchman Land of OooRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    You should ask him about his beliefs, then use it as worldbuilding fodder for a cyberpunk book series.

FactorySquirrel on
    "That man is playing Galaga! He thought we wouldn't notice. But we did."
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    any market where this can happen as a result of a security compromise in a single substantial position within minutes offers a lot of really interesting possible ways to make money:
    Bitcoin_crash_2011-06-19.png

MrMonroe on
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2011

You just can't handle the majesty of an operating Thetan.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Fishman wrote: »
    chiasaur11 wrote: »

I approve this course of action.

I once convinced some conspiracy theorists that FEMA was testing the Grey Death on the nation's homeless.

It was simultaneously hilarious and sad.

chiasaur11 on
  • Options
    TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Shorty wrote: »
    i wish our cash looked cooler

metal and faux paper are so 20th century

we need more goofy things

the future is supposed to be goofy

I will settle for not putting known slaveowners on our money anymore.

Ideally, we would have hardly any politicians at all on our money (maybe Washington and Lincoln). I'd like to see our best and brightest artists and writers and filmmakers and such on there. Mark Twain's an obvious example.

whoa it's Shorty

hi Shorty

Tossrock on
    sig.png
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    TankHammer wrote: »
    I imagine those folks imagine the world works like it does in their animes and they can live in the internet one day, free from the crushing reality of a dude who can't hold down a job, can't find a girl who isn't repulsed by him and has to take out loans from his parents.
    Oh hey good I was looking for somewhere to post this, thanks for making it relevant!

So I was checking the schedule for the upcoming Anime Expo (it's a big event for my company - pity me) and this is a thing: Otaku Parliamentary Debate: Round 1 and 2

Otaku

Parliamentary

Debate

Rounds 1 and 2

There will be MORE THAN TWO rounds of this momentous event.

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    i nearly got a panel at otakon, but then now i realize some of the shit i would have to put myself through. namely dealing with weeaboos dumb questions. almost aint worth sixty bucks,man

Mortal Sky on
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2011
    yes, they are the weeaboos

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    The twist is the world is weeaboos and you're a comic book nerd

Who is the real monster

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    This is the most confusing thread.

Also, if a 24-year old man buying nerf guns is wrong then I don't want to be right.

Kreutz on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Kreutz wrote: »
    This is the most confusing thread.

Also, if a 24-year old man buying nerf guns is wrong then I don't want to be right.

Actually, Nerf is the one thing we all agreed was a good.

chiasaur11 on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Select your Nerf gun then select your weeaboo.

TankHammer on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    i hate everything in this thread that isn't Nerf guns.

Pony on
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    even me?

Melding on
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    You are the Nerf guns.

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I'm not a nerf gun

you my knowledge

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    that explains why ability to fling foam darts..

Melding on
  • Options
    FramlingFramling FaceHead Geebs has bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I got a Spectre Rev 5 for Christmas. It's pretty sweet.

The chamber only rotates when you cock it, so you don't have to worry about skipping a dart by pulling the trigger when it's not cocked, like the Maverick.

Framling on
    you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

their = belonging to them
    there = not here
    they're = they are