As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

God's Own Party

LTMLTM Bikesand BeardsRegistered User regular
edited June 2011 in Social Entropy++
I very well might get infracted for not seeing an official ban on politics threads, but I looked 3 pages deep, and saw nothing resembling a political thread, even though so much crazy shit is happening. Such as this CNN article carefully crafted to troll SE++:
Can a person follow Ayn Rand and Jesus?

That’s the question posed by a provocative media campaign that claims that some prominent conservative leaders cannot serve two masters: Jesus and the controversial author of "Atlas Shrugged," Ayn Rand.

What do you think of that? Holy shit, WTF. Also, THIS crazy woman is actually running for President:

Michele+Bachmann+For+President+In+2012.jpg

Amongst the myriad of crazy ideas she has, she's also saying things like this?
"They want to see two girls come together and have a mud wrestling fight, and I am not going to give that to them," Bachmann told a voter Wednesday who asked about her relationship with the former Alaska governor.

Is that hot or what? What do you think, where do you stand on mud wrestling and Ayn Rand?

LTM on

• ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Political threads in the recent past had to be tied to a significant recent event like a bill, supreme court decision, or an election. Opening a thread with "Hey look at this crazy bitch!" doesn't really meet that standard.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • redfenixredfenix Aka'd as rfix Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    LTM wrote: »
    I very well might get infracted for not seeing an official ban on politics threads

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showpost.php?p=19170037&postcount=33

just so ya know

redfenix on
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    If you wanted permission to make a politics thread, why not just PM a mod?

A hundred pages of us bitching about republicans seems a little redundant right now.

Brolo on
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I would party with God.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    redfenix wrote: »
    LTM wrote: »
    I very well might get infracted for not seeing an official ban on politics threads

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showpost.php?p=19170037&postcount=33

just so ya know

Damn, ok. Lock away.

I thought the divine trilogy of Rand, Jesus, and Mud Wrestling was too good to pass up.

LTM on
    edited June 2011
    Rolo wrote: »
    If you wanted permission to make a politics thread, why not just PM a mod?

A hundred pages of us bitching about republicans seems a little redundant right now.

It's fun reading your posts as if Joffrey is saying them

redfenix on
  • FirmSkaterFirmSkater Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    My mom's union (OAPSE) made up of mostly non-teaching faculty managed to get more signatures for the Ohio SB 5 referendum than the teacher's union did.

Also there were enough signatures to get the referendum on the bill, so there is still hope for her union and all the others in Ohio.

What sucks is that everyone is focused so much on Wisconsin they aren't paying attention to Ohio (and others) where public workers stand to lose more than in Wisconsin. Namely they are getting rid of collective bargaining for police and firefighters which is not happening in Wisconsin.

FirmSkater on
    sig2.jpg
  • ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    dude, Jesus spiked the punch

Shabooty on
  • mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    KxcHn.jpg

mensch-o-matic on
  • ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Quick! If we start the circle jerk now we might all get to cum once before Bogey gets here!

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    that alien's face is all vaginas

crwth on
    EzUAYcn.png
  • MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    VAGINA DENTADA!!

Maximum on
    edited June 2011
    is that an SCP entry?

redfenix on
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Ayn Rand is evil, people who follow her are either stupid or also evil.

Carry on.

Langly on
  • Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    As a gay John Galt cat gamer,

Clint Eastwood on
  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2011
    While I am not a fan of Bachmann's, I believe her statement quoted in the OP there is a pretty fair assessment. The media generally do want to see a big political catfight between two female candidates just because it's two female candidates.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
    edited June 2011
    I started reading Atlas Shrugged because of a project thing I'm doing where I agreed to read things my friends told me to.

I'm still only about 2 chapters in but I'm pretty sure the female character is a sociopath.

FirmSkater on
    sig2.jpg
  • ThreadbareSockThreadbareSock Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    FirmSkater wrote: »
    I started reading Atlas Shrugged because of a project thing I'm doing where I agreed to read things my friends told me to.

I'm still only about 2 chapters in but I'm pretty sure the female character is a sociopath.

the author is

was

ThreadbareSock on
    edited June 2011
    I know almost nothing about Ayn Rand except that libertarians like her a lot. The guy who suggested I read it is huge into Glenn Beck and the tea party

FirmSkater on
    sig2.jpg
  • BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Do you think the alien's vagina is all faces?

BigDes on
    steam_sig.png
  • TleilaxuTleilaxu Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    MaximumJ wrote: »
    VAGINA DENTADA!! (sic)

What a wonderful phrase!

aao9o.jpg

Tleilaxu on
    checkpointangrybirds.gif
  • AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Butters wrote: »
    Quick! If we start the circle jerk now we might all get to cum once before Bogey gets here!

Alternately, if folks can actually meet a baseline standard of effective communication, the thread might not need to be locked. That's probably a pipe dream, though.

Anyway, that Jon Huntsman seems like a reasonable moderate in the field, except for that whole Dream Theater thing. Gross.

Aneurhythmia on
  • LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited June 2011
    Vote Nader.

Larlar on
    iwantanswers3.png
This discussion has been closed.