As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Regular Ordinary Swedish [Chat] Time

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    They grow up so fast:

Leo flipped his little doggy bed over tonight and started dry humping it. I guess it's time to make the very special vet appointment.

Expressing the glands?

emnmnme on
  • Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

I'm guessing they taste as revolting as the other vodka infused foodstuffs I've tried.

If you want to get drunk on vodka you should drink it. If you're a pussy, you can mix it with any number of juices and soft drinks to get it to the point where it's potable even to the very timid.

What you can't do is pump it into food and expect the food to not taste like it's been basted in paint thinner.

Regina Fong on
  • South hostSouth host I obey without question Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    cass CASS

I just picked up Saints Row 2.

South host on
    Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
  • simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Is Vari around?

Or any of the other Chaos in the Old World players?

Tarr is here and excited about Chaos because I spent all day talking about it but we can't play with two people so we should try to play on VASSAL if we can get 4 people together.

I'm always surprised by the popularity of that game in CF

The whole idea of there being a waiting list is kind of baffling

simonwolf on
    edited June 2011
    South host wrote: »
    cass CASS

That game has co-op missions, right? Play against her online.

emnmnme on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Syrdon wrote: »
    That said, I'm fairly sure all the IRS wants you to do is report the income and pay tax on it. There may be some tax breaks involved because its a small business, but if you're just operating as an employee or consultant then it should be just like handling your tax burden for those (I think consulting might be a different form, but don't quote me on that). Best bet is to contact a professional though.

Employee wages are usually reported on a W2, and the employer has a responsibility to pay payroll tax, social security & medicare tax, as well as withhold some taxes from your paycheck.

Consulting income is usually reported on a 1099, and the employer is not responsible for any of the above - but you are. This means that your tax burden on 1099 income is usually much higher than on W2 income.

Chu, if you are not investing any money into the business, and you're just expecting a small amount of compensation (under $800) at some point for general consulting, then you don't even have to declare that as income. Over $800, you'll probably end up declaring it on a 1099 form. At that point, you can look at how much money you're making and whether it's worth talking to a tax preparer.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2011
    jacobkosh wrote: »
    chu if you're just going to be an employee and your name isn't on any of like, the loan forms or liens then I think you can literally just fill out the short form come next april. I don't think it's any more complicated than that.

and we just agree on any wage we want? or i guess 'getting me off the ground with this business' is kind of an intangible thing. i dunno. i've certainly never done anything like consulting before.

Organichu on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011

I'm guessing they taste as revolting as the other vodka infused foodstuffs I've tried.

If you want to get drunk on vodka you should drink it. If you're a pussy, you can mix it with any number of juices and soft drinks to get it to the point where it's potable even to the very timid.

What you can't do is pump it into food and expect the food to not taste like it's been basted in paint thinner.

I dunno, jello shots are pretty good IMO.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    simonwolf wrote: »
    Is Vari around?

Or any of the other Chaos in the Old World players?

Tarr is here and excited about Chaos because I spent all day talking about it but we can't play with two people so we should try to play on VASSAL if we can get 4 people together.

I'm always surprised by the popularity of that game in CF

The whole idea of there being a waiting list is kind of baffling
    Well, it only supports 4 players, and running one is kind of a pain, so there's that.

But yeah, we have, I think, 4 or 5 people actively hosting Chaos games right now, and there's still a waiting list (although a good number of the people on that waiting list are actually in games).

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
    edited June 2011
    They grow up so fast:

Leo flipped his little doggy bed over tonight and started dry humping it. I guess it's time to make the very special vet appointment.

isn't there like, a doggy brothel you can take him

like a dude getting his one taste before he ships off to the monastery

That's part of the reason we've waited this long. Our vet said he believes in spaying/neutering no earlier than 6 months old (while most vets will do it much earlier than that).

But we can't let it go for too long because the last thing we want is puppy incest in the house. Thankfully Phoebe just assumed the shenanigans with Leo trying to screw his bed were a game of some sort.

Regina Fong on
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited June 2011
    VH

you should play Android sometime

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Fuck Kasadin that hero is shit

bloodyroarxx on
  • simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    VH

I was looking to buy that game, jacob

It wasn't available at my usual online board game store, though, which was a shame

I'm not sure when I'd ever get the chance to play it, either

simonwolf on
  • RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    You people should check out gentlemen of the row, new Saints Row 2-ers.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
    edited June 2011
    Feral wrote: »

I dunno, jello shots are pretty good IMO.

Jello is barely a solid food (gummi bears are chewy, jello is not).

And I've never had a jello shot that was half as good as a decent cocktail.

Regina Fong on
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    VH

I think I've heard good things about that game.

Sadly, with board games I can't necessarily blow some money on it and play it. I have to 1) find it, and 2) find people to play with it.

If I get the chance, though, I'll check it out.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
    edited June 2011
    Fuck Kasadin that hero is shit
    KassadinFace.jpg?t=1263730763

emnmnme on
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited June 2011
    it's really good, simon

and you make the time. if that means deflating your friends' tires and breaking up their relationships, go for it.

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
    edited June 2011
    Jello is barely a solid food (gummi bears are chewy, jello is not).

And I've never had a jello shot that was half as good as a decent cocktail.

Well, fair enough I guess.

Feral on

edited June 2011
    VH

How complicated is it?

Feral on

edited June 2011
    it's really good, simon

and you make the time. if that means deflating your friends' tires and breaking up their relationships, go for it.

Lemme tell you, I've tried that last one a few times

zero success so far

But yeah, I'm interested in buying it, just need for it to come into stock and not be priced at ridiculous Australian price levels

simonwolf on
  • Manning'sEquationManning'sEquation Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

Good point. The wife emailed me this and I.... well i posted about it here.

Manning'sEquation on
  • South hostSouth host I obey without question Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    emnmnme wrote: »
    South host wrote: »
    cass CASS

That game has co-op missions, right? Play against her online.

There isn't much point, I don't really talk when I play people online.

South host on
    Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
  • stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    When I was on vacation a few of us played a few games of Bang! and it was the most fun I've had in a boardgame type setting in a loooong time.

stevemarks44 on
  • CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I think that Mordin may be my favorite ME2 character.

Cokebotle on
    工事中
    edited June 2011
    I think the cheapest I have found Android was about $65

Which seems a bit pricey, but maybe not

simonwolf on
    edited June 2011
    VH

How complicated is it?

it's...hmm, how do I put this? You're keeping track of a lot of things but none of the individual mechanics are particularly complicated at all. So the hard part is telling everybody what everything is the first time, but then once you actually sit down it all goes by pretty smoothly. The core mechanic is simplicity itself: there are these little chits on the board (representing evidence), and you want to get your little dude to them first and pick them up before anyone else does. Someone who understands nothing else about the game will still do okay if they just do that.

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
    edited June 2011
    [chat], look what I did today:
    af7q4p.jpg

I am super proud because I've never attempted it before.

stevemarks44 on
  • CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Last week I played this game called Rat Race, or something. Bloody expensive game, but my gf's brother's friend bought it.

Surprisingly interesting, though.

Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Cokebotle wrote: »
    I think that Mordin may be my favorite ME2 character.
    I never understood the love for him, until:

Thanatos on
    edited June 2011
    VH

How complicated is it?

it's...hmm, how do I put this? You're keeping track of a lot of things but none of the individual mechanics are particularly complicated at all. So the hard part is telling everybody what everything is the first time, but then once you actually sit down it all goes by pretty smoothly. The core mechanic is simplicity itself: there are these little chits on the board (representing evidence), and you want to get your little dude to them first and pick them up before anyone else does. Someone who understands nothing else about the game will still do okay if they just do that.

Ok.

If you were slightly drunk, and I were slightly drunk, and we didn't have the instruction manual, would you be able to teach me to play over a single game?

Feral on

edited June 2011
    VH

How complicated is it?

Ok.

If you were slightly drunk, and I were slightly drunk, and we didn't have the instruction manual, would you be able to teach me to play over a single game?

yes, absolutely

the bulk of the game's instructions are on the various cards you draw. they will say things like "when Feral's character enters a bar, this happens"

or whatever

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
    edited June 2011
    The most frustrating thing about Bang! was that we kept having to play face-up games to show people how to play so over the course of like two days we only played one full real game.

stevemarks44 on
  • QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    My friends need to both be more in to board games and also buy them.

I have spent too much already.

Quid on
    edited June 2011
    Both of my BSG expansions have gone unused since I bought them

I keep trying to organise a board game night, but nope, zero takers

simonwolf on
    edited June 2011
    one of my favorite things about android:

each detective has a hovercar that they get around the city in

different detectives have cars that go different speeds

you determine if you can get somewhere in one move by using these compasses:

pic412954_md.jpg

if you put one end on your starting point and your destination is inside the arch, you can go there!

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
    edited June 2011
    Card explanations with people that are fussy can be the worst. It's like, let's just play and if a card comes up I'll explain it. And that person is like "no then you will have an advantage".

I am so torn on how complicated I like my boardgames to be.

stevemarks44 on
    edited June 2011
    yes, absolutely

the bulk of the game's instructions are on the various cards you draw. they will say things like "when Feral's character enters a bar, this happens"

or whatever

Okay sweet.

Feral on

• Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I saw a UFO today.

Dunadan019 on
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    simonwolf wrote: »
    Both of my BSG expansions have gone unused since I bought them

I keep trying to organise a board game night, but nope, zero takers
    I am pretty much always up for BSG.

Thanatos on